Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 1 Month - 3 Months, September '05

Melody Guest

Thanks so much for all your feedback regarding the Peadiatrician disaster... I feel a lot better now knowing that it is all routine (to see a GP)

I also took Hunter to the ECC thismorning to ask questions & she was more than happy with how he is doing (he has put on a massive 430g in 7 days... bringing him to 4.9k) she did a cursory of all his bits & explained what the six week check-up was all about.... exactly what you ave all told me. I have a check-up with OB at 6 weeks so barring any problems I will take him to a GP. Phew! I feel so much better now.

Re: Gina Ford. I LOVE her book & have reffered to it from day 2 @ home. It is really working for us. Having said that I have small critisisms.... she says 'baby should be awake & alert from x-x' but doesn't actually give that many hints on how to achieve this.... when Hunter is 8+ weeks i am sure he will have a better ability to stay awake but at 3+ weeks it is a struggle. If he absolutely has to sleep I dont fight it & will either let him nap out in the open (a light sleep) or put him to bed early & try to grab 10 extra minutes next time he wakes. I dont tend to follow the 'Boob A' for 10 minutes & 'Boob B' for 15 stuff. I just let Hunter drain a boob & offer the 2nd if need be. I also dont express when i should.

Basically I use the general feed/sleep/activity timing routine but dont get too regimented with all the rest.

Hi Heather - thanks for the tips from the Baby Whisperer. I will try the comp feeding today and see if it helps get him through a bit longer. Hope you have a great yoga class and Hendrix and the other bubs are all quiet little angels.

A friend who is a yoga teacher gave me a new mat yesterday so now I have no excuse to doing some yoga at home. I am so stiff I can't even touch my toes anymore. I am a trained dancer so this isn't a good thing!

Last night he was up at 1pm (DH gave him a bottle of EBM I had frozen because I felt like I had nothing left, it happens when i'm really tired) then at 3 and then at 5 then 7! So a hungry night!!! And a big fat dirty nappy this morning! At least its all going through and out the other end. Spacing out feeds is a lot easier in the day when we can play or walk. But at nighttime its so hard. If he's crying then I feed him. I've tried a Gina suggestion of giving him water, but he goes mental when I do it so I haven't done it for a few days.

Melody Guest

Fletch..... I'm so sorry at the thought that you are upset. Please don't blame yourself! It is a bad cycle to get into.

Easy for me to say, I know, but give yourself a huge hug for proactively seeking out the problem & taking steps to fix it. You are doing ALL THE RIGHT THINGS & the solution is close at hand. Take heart in the fact that he is not distressed or showing any really obvious signs of not functioning on a serious level. (he is sleeping/feeding/weeing/pooing etc)

Soon enough you will be on track to doing what it takes to aid him in putting on the weight & you will look back on this with a relieved sigh....

Chin up! this hasn't gone unnoticed & it wont go unresolved. :hugs:

Aww Fletch, chin up, your not alone, I am having the exact same problem with Zac, I totally understand what you are going through, it's very hard I know, Zac has only put on 400 grams since birth & all his 0000 clothes are still a bit big.It just breaks your heart I know, but I am quite sure they will pick up soon, perhaps they just arent gonna be big boys.......... no front rowers that's for sure!! for us!!!!

Awww Fletchie..am sooo sorry to hear that you are having a rough time at the moment. Its just so hard to know sometimes isnt it when breastfeeding to know exactly how much they are getting. Especially when like Mel says they are doing all the right things like pooing, weeing, alertness etc etc. Take heart hon..that everyone of us has had doubts at one stage or the other. I hope that this is resolved soon. Thinking of you sweetie.

Storm..sorry to hear you are having probs with your lil man too...big hugs sweetie.

Jo

What a mammoth post Kate....you put me to shame...note to self...must try harder 8-[

Jo

Well, the boob is BACK! Yay. I think Pup has almost forgotten about the bottle, and feeds are getting back to usual. Although last night he was extremely difficult to settle (first time ever at nighttime I've had a problem; usually during the day) and I must admit, it would have been soooo easy to give him a whack of EBM. But I didn't. I nursed him through and gave him a breast feed about 1.5hrs earlier than he would have got.

Fletch, so long as Zane is weeing and pooing, I don't think you have too much to worry about in terms of his immediate health. You are not doing anythign to jeopardise that. And as Melody said, the fact that the weight loss has been picked up means that something can be done. I have no idea what you MCHN might suggest, but maybe you just need to get him to feed a bit more frequently, or maybe it's just a phase and then in the next week or so he'll put on an amazing amount.

Pup is 10 weeks now and has only just gone into 000 suits. In fact, some of them are swimming on him. Zane is what....6 weeks and a bit weeks? At the same age, I don't think Thomas was much heavier (I can't check because his book is in his room and he has stirred and I don't want him to see me and really wake up!).

Kate, as far as us TTC for #2, the thought at the moment is to start somewhere around Xmas time. That will be 5 - 6 months after Pup's birth.

Ok, how do the bubs know when we are on the web??? He has just woken up. Sheesh.....

Hayseed

Hi everyone,

Kate - Saw the Ob today and posted details in my 'Babies Close Together' thread. I think we might wait until Dec because the placenta could attach to the scar which means a possible hyserectomy and half my bladder cut out. We haven't decided yet and are still discussing it. Chances of it happening are low but it could still happen. Post natal exercises were pelvic lifts and ab work and especially pelvic floor exercises.

Rachel - We will catch up definately next week!! I will e-mail or phone you. Hope your throat is feeling better.

Hayseed - Good decision to feed pup the boob, glad it is going well.

Fletch & Storm - I'm sure your bubs will be fine, keep you chins up.

Will post more tomorrow.

Kate - yay! for Kelsey and her first laugh..and you were both there to witness it! How fanatstic! We have heard a couple of little chuckles but not a full blown laugh as yet! Will have to make sillier faces!

Fletch - good news on the weight gain for Zane.

Gemma/Hayssed/ Kate - I can't wait to try again for another baby. But DH is wanting to wait until Alex is 3!! I would prefer to get started much sooner than that..I figure while I'm out of shape I may as well stay that way until i've finished having babies. We will see what happens. We'll be in Australia again in Dec/Jan so will probably try to conceive the next one there too.

How's the routines going girls? We aren't so strict here but pretty much in the swing of things - bedtime is 7pm...and morning starts at 7am and feeding 3 hourly during the day and a 4 hour at night. Trying to settle him when he wakes after 2 hours at night (still) and its going okay. Still hoping for a full night sleep but I'm not counting on it!

Alex was weighed today and he is now 5.8kgs, big boy!

hi to everyone!

Fletch - oh yay at Zanes weight gain you must be so pleased!!

Kate - WOW at Kelsey's laugh, we are still waiting for Hendrix to laugh he must be a little bit of a serious chap!! We get some beginnings of a laugh but nothing full blown! Mums and bubs yoga was fantastic. Thanks for asking. It is basically a post natal yoga class that focuses on pelvic floor and stomach muscle tone but the babies join in with some tummy time and we use them as weights etc. Its a little noisy as bubs cry and talk etc but i love it, so it is now my weekly exercise.

We arent going to be TTC probably till later on next year. Im a bit torn as part of me wants about a 3 year gap but the other wants about a 2 year gap. Mike thinks we will try again next year so im sure that is what will end up happening (my only dilema is when will i finish my degree??)

We are going to Europe at the end of next year so that would be a very romantic place to conceive!!

Melody Guest

Fletch I am so glad to hear you are making progress on the weight gain & feeling better in general. Massive hugs to you!

I'm all dreamy now.... thinking about baby laughter. How fantastic.... i am excited just to hear Hunter make little coughing noises I think i will lose it when he laughs

Heather, that yoga sounds really good. Like the fact that you use the bubs as weights (he he he).

Fletch, I dunno whether your dr suggested it, but if your milk supply still causes you some major worries in terms of amount, next time you see him mentione about the possibility of going on maxalon tablets for a short stint. My m/w suggested it and my GP agreed that although they don't know how or why, maxalon tabs do help with milk supply increase. Also, REST up as much as you can. Rest is a very good 'cure' for low milk supply. If you're a bit wrung out (and who of us isn't!?) then your body is trying to a whole lot of things including making milk and something has just got to give. Also, try stout (m/w told me this one) - it is supposed to help (if you like it). And drink as much water as you possibly can. My GP told me to try and drink between 3 and 4 litres of water/liquid a day. The expressing at regular intervals should also help you too. Best of luck with it. i know where you're coming from as I have not long been through it myself and my milk is now back on track.

Kate/Gemma, yeah it would be good if we could share another pg journey together!!

Deb, good weight for Alex. Pup just got weighed yesterday and is 5.2kg (our cat is still heavier than him...only just)! Sigh...they grow so fast.

My little man slept through the night for the first time. Sorry to say that mum didn't :-s . I kept getting up to check him, thinking that he had died or something terrible. I couldn't believe that he could sleep for 10 hours! But he was fine (of course) and was pretty good today considering all the sleep he had. Mind you, he's sqarking now and he should be asleep, so this ends my time on here tonight.

Speak tomorrow.

Hayseed

mooshie Guest

hi girls

sorry to crash your thread - would like to share something i did with lani when i had a supply problem.

firstly i was running around too much (well i suppose that is to be expected looking after a preschooler as well) anyway i made sure i got my eating back into shape (i was forgetting to eat ](*,) ) i also increased my water intake. but the thing that really got my supply increased in a few days was a suggestion from my mchn (one of the only really useful things she has told me lol) she advised me to drink a stubby of guiness stout - now it was disgusting (i don't drink at the best of times) but i would have half stout and half lemonade in a glass and did this over a couple of days - i then had an abundant supply of milk and even after feeding i could still express around 100mls in around 10mins.

well i will go back to the 12mth thread now boohoo - hopefully one day soon i will be back in the bubbies thread [-o<

take care all and btw all your bubs sound absolutely georgous.

Melody Guest

Forum Name: Melody
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 20.08.05
    Baby's Stats: Weight 4.13k / 9lb 1oz
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Hunter Karl
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/melodyandrew/
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes:Vaginal Birth

Well guys im off to the 3-6 month thread today!! Boo Hoo my little boy is growing way too quickly! Sometimes wish i could put the pause button on for just a bit! Anyway see you all soon next door!

Hi,

Amy caught a cold from DH so there are two sickies in the house. Poor baby she is not happy but between her crying she still manages to smile. She is not sleeping well today so I can only imagine she will get worse until she gets some decent rest. Hope you are all well. Will catch up with personals soon.

Bye Heather and Hendy

Awww poor Amy. Hope she gets better soon. Pup hasn't been sick ...yet...touch wood!

Kate, yeah we are baptising our little one. In fact, I was just going through the weekends left for the year just then! We have some family members we really want to invite, but they have something on for 3 weekends in Oct and 2 in Nov, so booking in around them is a bit of a task! It's looking like either the 30th Oct (maybe too soon seeing as I haven't organised ANYTHING yet), Nov 20th (likely date) or Nov 27th.

Nothing much happening here........

Hayseed

Hello lovely ladies and bubies...hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

Hi Hayseed...glad to hear pup is back on the boob...hope there are no more breastfeeding dramas for you....and wtg bubs on sleeping through the night. I think I would have been a nervous wreck too and would be checking him continuously.

Fletchie...so glad to hear that little Zane has put on 100 grams..what a clever little boy. Hope that he continues to thrive. Im glad the lactation consultant was nice too..thats how they all should be..supportive...and not pushing anything..its such an emotional time for mums. Well done for getting on top of it..you should be so proud of yourself.

Hi Kate...that is so gorgeous that Kelsey is laughing..and how great that you were both there to hear it. Nice to be able to share the milestones eh? I cant wait for Sammy to start..lol

Bye heather and hendy

Hiya Mel..so nice to see you in here..caught up at last eh? How is your beautiful little boy going?

Hope Amy recovers from her cold real soon Gemma..poor little chook. Its awful when bubs have colds and you can hear then snuffling through a feed.

:smt039 Hello Kel and Zahra...we miss you ...are you still around...i miss our August thread chats.

Hello to anyone else ive missed ..hope you are all well.

Sammys has turned into a compulsive smiler..its so gorgeous..the minute we look at him and start talking hes smiling his darling head off ..its just so precious. I guess hes trying to make peace for all the 2 hourly feeds throughout the nights..hehe. Well we are off for a nice walk while the sun is shining to pick the kids up from school.

Talk soon ladies

Jo

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast