Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 12 Months - 3 Years, August '05 #2

Kellee Guest

Hey ladies.

Yay at your Mum feeling better, Christy. I bet you're looking forward to having your house to yourself again. Sounds like you had a lovely day out.

Mitch - thank goodness that Jemma's room is getting finished! Now you've just got to worry about the rest of the house, which might take until Jessica is 12! My DH is a bit the same with things like that.

DH got away with his sickie, we think. He had to play in front of Premier Pete (not as exciting as it sounds) for a grand total of 2 minutes. What a tough gig (not)! I think he gets paid well for that too. Then he had a rehearsal, and I walked from QUT Gardens Point to where his rehearsal was in Paddington, but couldn't resist stopping in at a handmade chocolate shop on the way. I supposed that really negated all the good work I did on my walk, but oh well! Then we went out for lunch with the trumpet player in the band, who couldn't quite believe how we were able to still eat our lunches while chasing all over the restaurant after Charlie! Twas a nice day.

I'm just about to go into stupid uni to do some work. It's come to the crunch with this assignment (I know I'm mentioning it a lot, but it's all I'm thinking about right now!) so I've got to pull my finger out, so to speak (I never really understood that saying anyway) and do some work. Will chat intermittently during my 'study breaks'.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Hi Girls

Been AWOL from this thread for a couple of days. Didn't have such a crash day yesterday, one of the older boys (2-3yr old) at playgroup yesterday decided he would send Lachlan flying by knocking him over on purpose, in turn Lachlan smacked his head against the dollhouse that we also have there. I let fly at his dad who brings him, as this isn't the first incident we have had with this child and the dad just sits there and says "oh don't do that" He is one of those kids that will completely ignore you if you say his name. For example the other day this child was in the doorway and I had my arms full of stuff and needed to get out. 5 times I said "Isaac can you move please" and the dad still just bloody sat there till I finally said "Do you think you can get your out of the way so I can get out" anyway yesterday I had enough and told him so as well.

Before the incident the same child was throwing balls at the older kids, Kameron included. So I said then "Isaac please don't throw balls" of course he didn't listen and so when his dad did it and he still didn't listen. I said "bloody go over there and smack him" as the child was continuing to do it. "oh no I can't do that" was the fathers reply... which is fair enough there is alot of ppl that don't smack their kids, but he did absoultly nothing to take him away from throwing balls.

He put Isaac in the pram and went to take him home but cause Isaac cracked the ****s he came back again ](*,) Definitely knows who wears the pants in that household and it isn't the father.

Anyways....... LOL

Going to the Port Power & Freo game tonight, my stepdad and a couple of his work mates (1 of whom I get along really well with) got free tickets, when a couple of the port players came to their work. Andrew hates the footy so he told them to shove their when they tried to offer him some LMAO. I can't stand Port either so I will be behind Freo tonight.

Will catch up more later - I have Andrew out mowing the lawn so we can see how our $300 10 person tent we just got off layby goes up, but need to cut down the jungle first

Love

AARGH KAthryn at that kid and his Dad, certainly shows who's the boss and I can imagine how that kid is going to turn out. I hate parents like that. I hope lachlan and Cameron are ok. Have a good time at the footy, doesn't matter if you don't go for the teams, just nice to get out and about I say.

Well I am home atm, Arron is working nad it is my Nana's bday so we are going there later, after it gets dark cos Arron wants to work outside. We are sposed to go to a christening tomorrow and Arron is carrying on cos 1. he hates christenings/church/taking kids to church -me too really.
    2. hedoesn't like the mum of the kid 3. he has never even been allowed to hold the baby/no one is allowed. I am not going to take the kids alone, so if he doesn't come we are all staying home, cos it's an hr away anyway and it's his family.

kellee- I hope the assignment is caoming along, I don't mind liostening to assignment stress, just hope it gets done. People with kids don't get how you do stuff like that, but you just learn to LOL

See ya all
    Cheers Michelle

Kellee Guest

OMG at that father, Kathryn. That kind of stuff makes me so cross. I have a friend who has a 5 year old girl, and she has worn the pants in that family from day one. For example, and this is only a very minor example, whenever I go over there this girl loves to play with my handbag (well, at least the girl has good taste!). So she does things like raid my bag (when I've put it somewhere that I don't think she will find it), start playing with my mobile phone, take out all my cards, then get my chewing gum and come up to her mum and say "I want some". If that was my child I would turn around and say, "No, you can't, that's Kellee's and I want you to apologise to her right now for going through her things without asking". But instead my friend will say, "Can X please have some of your chewing gum?". I feel like saying no on principle! And you wonder why we have such selfish people in our society... oh well, all we can do is bring up OUR kids as best we can and hope they turn out to be good people.

Is the situation such that you can ask this father not to bring Isaac to playgroup anymore? If they are upsetting the applecart and ruining it for everyone else, I don't see why they should be allowed to come. Hope you're able to resolve the situation! And I hope that Lachlan and Kameron aren't too bruised.

I don't like Freo or Port, but I hate Port more (has NOTHING to do with the final last year, mind you.... he he he) so I will be going for Freo. I really can't stand that Port coach - he has such a bad attitude. I haven't been able to follow the footy this year, but as I hear that the Lions aren't doing too well, it doesn't really affect me that much. My dad has been a Cats supporter ever since 1965 (the year AFTER they won their last premiership) but I don't think they're doing that well either. I hope they win a flag before he dies! That might not happen though...

Hope all goes well at the christening, Mitch. Where is it? It must be such a bugger having to travel so far for everything when you live in the country. Why isn't anyone allowed to hold the baby? I have never encountered anyone like that, but I have heard of some mums who are paranoid about it.

Assignment is going well. I'm at the library as we speak (or, as I write). I have heaps of books to look at, which makes me feel like I'm doing something(!). I feel like I'm getting a handle on it now. It was so weird to catch the train in here without Charlie - I hardly do anything without him and I miss him! But it was kind of liberating at the same time. It's a great feeling to be actually using my brain again -I feel like it's been sitting around dormant for the past year. My poor little guy is having some teething trouble today - both his canines are coming through - and he woke up last night (which he rarely does these days, thank goodness!) so we've had to give him some Nurofen. I hate doing that, but he's one of those kids who either has no pain at all, and therefore is an angel, or is in excrutiating pain and needs the hardcore stuff to make him feel better. Panadol has never done much for him. I hate when we have to give our kids "unnatural" stuff - I remember that when he was born I felt bad even having to put CLOTHES on him! LOL It just seemed weird that he was able to survive au natural for all that time inside of me, and then when he came out he was bombarded with all that 'foreign' stuff. Wow, listen to me rambling, I really am procrastinating, aren't I?!

Anyway, better go and get some work done! Sorry for the long post - don't blame you if you didn't get this far into it!

HI Kellee
    PMSL at your procrastinating post, but glad you are starting to feel good about the assignment.

We aren't allowed to hold the baby cos the mum is a bit of a freakout. At her 30th Arron's Mum (the father of the baby is Arron's cousin/MIL's nephew) wanted to hold the baby and her nephew refused to allow her to hold the baby cos his wife had told him nobody was to hold the baby the whole day. The baby doiesn't like being held cos it has been trained that way, even his sisters aren't really allowed to hold the baby. On the other hand we encourage people to hold our baby, so it is hard to understand. Anyway going out now.

Cheers mciheelle

Hello girls!

Yvette I hope you got some done of your studying...LOL at your procrastination efforts.

Kathryn thats sucks about playgroup... my friend brings her boy with her baby and when he gets out of hand I often go and grab him or hold the baby so she can do it. Its really unfair to everyone else when someone doesn't look after theirs.

Michelle, I have a friend like that who didn't like other people holding her little girl, now at almost 3 she won't go to anyone else and will tantrum if mum leaves her for 5 minutes even with her dad. Its sad because its really hard on the mum who didn't realise what was happening when she wouldn't let anyone else look after her daughter the first year....Two of us now go over and have a "play date" with the little girl so her mum can have a break sometimes...

Well...we dropped mum off at the airport today. I think everyone has to collapse now because we are all exhausted I'm happy to have my computer room back though

I have spent most of my weeekend down the hopsital. Friday night it was 7hrs with Alex and then Saturday night 5hrs with Kimberley they both had gastro. Poor Kimberley was put on a drip as she was dehydrated. She had been throwing up ever since Friday night while i was at the hospital she finally stopped being sick at 4a.m they let us go home at 2.30a.m because she had stopped being sick and they had no beds on the childrens ward for her. But as soon as i got her home she was sick again but went to sleep.

oh Michelle how scary! That must have been awful with both of them sick with gastro. I hope they have a very speedy recovery

B_H Guest

Hi there.

I'm new here, and was wondering if I could join in your group?

Here are the questions at the top and my answers:

Forum Name: B_H (Belinda)
    State: Qld
    Baby's DOB: 08/11/03
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Rhiannon Ivy
    Baby's Website: Coming soon!
    Health Concerns: none to date, but our son makes up for the pair of them! #-o
    Notes: Super easy birth. 4 hours start to finish. All natural. Slept through from 9 days old :smt038 Has been an all round great baby!

Belinda

Great to have you with us Belinda.

Michelle @ having the kids down at emergency.

We thought we were going to be there ourselves last night. Lachlan slammed his fingers in the front door and they swelled instantly, but went down again after an ice pack and he was okay 30 mins later.

Love

Hi girls!! Just had a yuck day at work and am very very tired...need a good glass of wine & bed I think LOL... but I just thought I'd mention to those Brisbane mums that I've posted in the local members discussion something about a parenting seminar on this weekend...if you want to come please email me or PM me if you are platinum

Christy- hope that glass of wine helped LOL, and I bet you all are very relived that the holiday is over, including your Mum.

Michelle- sounds like a terrible few days at your place, I hope Kimberly and Alex are better today.

Kathryn- ouch at the fingers, kids seem to have miraculously bendy bones though, although jemmas finger did turn out to be broken, but most of the time they don't break.

Hello to everybody else. The countdown to jessica's first bday is on, 4 sleeps, and i will have 2 bubbies in here!

Jemma is such a chatterbox atm, it is almost exhausting LOL. She is starting to be interested in drawing and colouring too.

Will catch up sometime tomorrow hopefully, I am at Mum's for ebay tomorrow and have finally worked out a lunch date with my old Primary school friend for Thursday, will be very strange seeing someone I haven't seen for 19yrs LOL.

Anyway have a good one
    Michelle

LOL the wine was nice thanks Michelle

Well I've had an amazingly productive day today, did the floors, played heaps with Matilda, did the shopping & I made muffins....pat on the back, now its time for a shower while Matilda is still asleep then to eat the muffins...

YUMM! MUFFINS!

Hope they were nice Christy, I might make some tomorrow!

Can't stop and chat, want to spend time with Arron, so he can't say I was on the puter and he was sitting all by himself LOL
    Chat tomorrow girls
    CHeers Michelle

Hi Girls

Just a quick one cause I am going to be late for playgroup if I don't get my arse into gear.

Everything is going well here for us. Lachlan hardly ever crawls now and loves walking along holding Kameron's hand. Too cute. But like Andrew said "lap it up now cause in a few years they will be punching each other" lol

Christy - Has your mum gone home now ??

Hello to everyone else !

Love

Hi Kathryn!! I hope you have a good time at playgroup & that father has his act in gear.

Yep Mum has gone home now...so things are settling back into "normal" Matilda's gone to day care & I've been organising work things... I have to do 2 lots of puppy pre-school so one on Wed nights & one on Mondays.... so Monday I start work at 7.30am and have 3 hours off with Matilda and then go back to work.... ah well at least its only one day, 5 years ago I was doing it 3-4 times a week.

Oh how cute to be teaching puppy school Christy. SOunds like you are feeling human again now you have your house to yourself.

Kathryn- hope you have a good day at playgrp, and there are no nasties today (kids or parents that is)

Hello to everybody, hope all the kiddies are healthy and all the parents too, it is a bit quiet atm! Are we claning houses, or working or what?

I should be cleaning out the fridge, cos i don't like the disgusting smell, but of course thought of something more important LOL. HMMM wonder what could be more important than fridge cleaning LOL?

Jordan is home sick, Jemma has gooey eyes and I am hoping they don't give anything to Jessica, want her looking stunning for her big day on Friday.

Anyway have a good one
    Michelle

Just a quickie from me girls...

Have been pretty busy with family stuff over the past week, and today I need to get my arse into gear and get some cleanup happening! I am also playing around with a new photosite for Aidyn, so may have some updated pics to show you all by tonight.
    Am also busy working on my essay to go with my uni application, and chasing down references and stuff.... so hopefully in a few weeks when this is all over I will have plenty of time for BB surfing!

Aidyn is getting so much smarter every day, its just so gorgeous! His speech is really picking up too, and yesterday he said 'kitty' for the first time. Which means his vocabulary now includes: Mama, Daddy, more, moon, shoe, kitty, banana... and he is very close to saying Spot (his favourite show) and bath!

Oh yeah... has anyone here ever had any dealing with brush turkeys??? We have one atm who has ripped up our whole side garden and decided his build his 'mound' there (for his mate to lay her eggs). I have done some research on them, and apparently these mounds are usually built to 1m high, and 4m wide!!! It is about half that size atm, but he has only been working on it since yesterday morning, and then we dismantled it in the arvo, but he built it up again today... and it just keeps getting bigger... ](*,)
    Apparently it is impossible to relocate them too... I spent all day yesterday chasing the bugger with a golf club but the cheeky bugger would come back as soon as I went inside again!! Oh well... looks like we will have to do some replanting this summer... #-o

Ok gotta go for now, will come back and do personals tonight hopefully!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast