Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 Months to 3 Years, March '05

last week must have been the week for feralness. Kam was up there with the best of them. So far so good this week, but hey it is only Tuesday LMAO. He slept from 5pm thru to 9.30pm last night only cause i had to put a nappy on him, and so he got up, but then he went back to bed with me at 10pm but he tossed and turned most of the night, but at least he didn't get up. Andrew will be *****ing about it tonight hahahaha.

Love

Hey girls,
    I really should post in here more often, but atm I have been all consumed by this pregnancy. I kinda scared a tthe reaction of Emily once this baby makes her entrance... she has no idea what is going on! My sister keeps telling me how much 'fun' it is going to be... of course she thinks Emily is going to turn into a huge green monster. But I am not sure, she is such a happy little thing.... oh well we'll see. My house is such a mess of late because I just can't keep up with her atm, and it hurts to bend over all the time to pick everything up all the time... it ends up back on the floor within seconds anyway! I think pulling things out is the fun bit, they don't seem to be amused as much once it's out.
    Anyway, hope all oyur littlies are doing well.

Tanya

Hi Tanya

Great to see you in here. Only 27 days to go and I will be in here with 2 kids!!! ARGH LOL.

I hope Emily is okay for you when the new arrival comes into the world, and goodluck with it all too

Love

HI Tanya,
    jemma was 18 months when Jessica was born, and I listened to endless people telling me how I would have to watch her Blah Blah. I wasn't sure why that was, one of Arron's cousins had 2yrs between her 2 boys and for some reason I wa the only one on earth who needed to treat their kids different when the baby arrived. But Jemma has been terrific with jessica, she loves her soooo much. We still have the occaasional time when the game Jemma is playing is jump over Jessica and Jessica likes this game too, but unfortunately mummy and daddy don't like that game LOL!

She hasn't been jealous really at all, She is the tird child and never had 1 on 1 time much anyway, but I try to teach my kids to be sort of independant anyway and play on their own sometimes if I'm busy. I think that you have 2 other kids and I wouldn't be worrying about it, after all, you've introduced a new bub to another child once before.

Well I took Jemma to get her earrings today, lucky I took mum as she was very fidgety and wouldn't let the guy draw the dots on her ears. When we first arrived I mentioned the second gun idea and he said "Oh it shuld be right!" But when it came to it he got the owner to come and do the other one. And then Jemma cried and cried and cried and cried and cried. She cried for about 15mins, until she had a ride and a chocolate and nana brought her a $2.00 puzzle from the cheap shop.

I felt like a big meanie, but she wanted earrings, it wasn't really my idea!

I may try to get Jessica's done a little earlier, so she doesn't know what's going on and then it probably would be easier.

Hope everyone is well.
    Michelle

on the subject of earrings, I heard something interesting today. If you get them done before your child turns 6mths old it wont hurt them cause they have no feeling in their ears.

A girl at playgroup had her baby's done at 3mths old as that is what her hairdresser or someone told her and she never made a sound, just jumped at the pop of the noise from both guns going at once.

Love

LMAO @ Lochie !!!!

I had Kameron kissing Elmo on the TV today 8-[ needless to say there was yoghurt smears all over the Tele after that LOL. I told Lachlan off earlier and said "Lachlan James... NO" so then for the next 30 mins Kameron was running around the house singing "Lachlan James Lachlan James" LMAO first time he has said the whole name so was quite cute.

Love

Jemma often runs around saying "
    Jemma Sarah Ann" and she loves her names, so her fav doll is now Sarah.
    Goodnight
    Michelle

Morning Girls...

I can't wait for Emily to start churing out some more comlpicated words... atm the only words she puts together are "mum nan nan mum". Sometimes she'll throw in a dad if I say it, so sometime I'll say Alecia, and she just ignores me Oh well I am trying.

Bought her a really small icecream form Wendy's yesterday and she liked it that much she wanted to eat the napkin it was wrapped in!! LOL She look at me take a bite of the paper and say "Yum!!" LOL. I'd say "no yuck... that's paper!"

Tanya

Oooh Kameron eats paper !!! Weird child. Tell him so often that paper is yuck but in one ear and out the other LOL.

Love

I don't think $10 a limit is mean especially when it comes to kids birthdays. You can still get some good stuff for $10 so I say go for it !!

Only 1 party for us this year I think which will be Lachlans. I haven't heard if my SIL is having a party for my nephew who is turning 10. I don't think so cause I am pretty sure I would have heard by now.

No more parties for Kameron now till he is 5. He didn't have one last year either, was suffering with high temps instead.

Love

I don't think thats mean either Michelle, I am going to do a similar thing! I can believe how busy Paris' social life has become. She got 2 invites to parties yesterday and I have been informed this is the tip of the iceburg. I find doing alot of shopping at sales to be really handy, and also places like toy kingdom are great too.

Paris will be having a Disney Princess Party this year, which seems to be a popular flavour LOL! But the sad thing is I had purchased everything for her party when the Disney store had their closing down sale nearly 3 or so years ago LOL!

I have had to buy and actually use a calendar this year LOL! And March is already full :-s I swear Kinder life is sooooooo busy! But its fun too

Paris has been doing some really funny things lately, her latest is when she's telling you something and she forgets half way through a sentence she'll put a finger to the corner of her mouth and mumble to herself "Hmmm...what was I going to say" and then she'll look around the room mumble some more before she finally says what it was she was going to say. It has me in stitches! But she's soooo sensitive too, you can't laugh at her even when she's being cute LOL! I swear 3 going on 30!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Lol Cailin at Paris, how cute! Does she get that from anyone you know, must be a grownup who does it and she is copying them. How is she liking kinder?

Kinder is flat out, I haven't not had a calendar forever, if I didn't have one I would be lost, I still forget things and they are written down.

It is hard not to compare kids and speech, esp when 1 is quick and 1 is slow. Jordan talked so much but Joshua was a thinker, and when he did talk it was fast so people didn't always understand him. But they all seem to get to the same place eventually.

I agree with the $10 limit too, you need to be realistic. I said to Mum yesterday about easter, to tell my Brother I am not buying his kids anything for easter as it is too hard, he would have to buy for 4 then and I don't want to start something that is uneccesary.

jemma is an amazing talker, she doesn't shut up, 6 word sentences by 19 months, and the things she knows floor us everytime. Being the 3rd she seems to absorb everything, anybody listening to her would never think she just turned 2 2 weeks ago. The guy in the shoe shop thought she was amazing as she took the box off him, took all the paper out, and waffled awy as she put her new runners on by herself. LOL she is so funny!

Cheers Michelle

I was just comparing the ages my boys did stuff.

Their talking is pretty on par with each other, but Lachlan said Nan as well as mum dad and ta, Kameron said Bub, Mum, Dad, Ta which is weird cause Kam saw more of mum at his age than what Lachlan does.

Kameron commando crawled from 10mth. Lachlan was spot on 8mths when he started

Kameron crawled normally @ 14 mths, and Lachlan has just started doing it @ 11mths.

Kameron also pulled himself up onto furniture from 13mths and Lachlan was doing it @ 10 mths.

It is interesting when you start comparing them. Lachlan seems to be doing everything around 3mths quicker than Kameron. Kameron walked (taking steps between us) @ 15 mths, so will be interesting to see if Lachlan starts that @ 12mths old which is next month. God i hope not. 1 crawling and 1 running is enough LMAO.

Love

Yeah, it is so interesting to compare kids.

Jordan and Joshua's milestones were almost identical timing wise, but Jemma had her first tooth at 4.5mths, they were 6mths, Jemma crawled properly at 7 months, where as they commando crawled from 7 to 9mths. Jemma was pulling herself up on furniture at 8 mths but the other 2 walked by 11 months and jemma didn't walk till 13mths, even after doing everything earlier than the other 2. Jessica has rolled over quicker than all three by a month and sat up bf 6 months they were all after 6 months, and she is already commano crawling round the lounge (slowy at the moment, and sometimes backwards). They all do stuff when they are ready.

I would agree with the boy/girl thing, Joshua was very clever but didn't express himself verbally, but he could follow complex instructions, with more than 3 things to do at very young. S o we knew it was happening inside his head but other people would always comment on the diff bt him and Jordan, and it really did annoy me. A cousin once asked what I did wrong with him... I told her to just wait for her boy to get older and she would see! And she did. Joshua is also a very shy kid whereas both Jordan and jemma have very outgoing personalities, which i think also comes into it.

Anyway must go been on here so long it's not funny

Michelle

Kameron is also very shy when in a new situation but doesn't take him long to get out of his shell now. He was off playing with the kindy kids at playgroup on Wednesday. The kindy kids weren't impressed though and one kindy boy told Kameron off so he came to me with tail between legs so to speak LMAO.

Kam is watching Elmo on tele and getting his Elmo to do what the Elmo on tele is doing hahaha

Love

LOL at Kam and Elmo.
    Well I sort of see Josh as a slow to warm up kid. He is so much better at approaching a situation and joining in with kids, but it depends on loads of things, at least I am not having to drag myself from his grip every morning at school anymore. Teacher thinks he's a different kid, and he is SRC rep which the kids in the grade voted him for, so I guess others really do like him, which is great. He has a good heart and is always telling us he will never be a bully.

hi all,
    just though I would pop in and say hi.
    I totally agree with the boy/girl thing. I have b/g twins and my daughter has always achieved milestones ahead of her brother. She is in such a hurry to grow up, whereas he enjoys being a baby and is trying to be as long as he can.
    She picks up after him, and dotes on him. Whereas he will sit there and wait for things to come to him - typical male hey - lolol

I found that his fine motor skills i.e picking up small objects and his spatial awareness - steering his ride on car - develop before hers did. where as she walked, talked self fed, before he did.

btw she walks around all day in heels and dress ups and he plays with cars all day. It is just so inate. they have equal chance to play with different toys and she goes for the stereotypical girl toys and he goes for the boy toy - although he does have a cabbage patch boy doll at my insistance - makes a great car ramp

it is amazing to watch
    take care all and keep sane
    odette
    mum to b/g two year old twins

I've just caught up with all the posts here, and I must say Jillian you gave me a good giggle with your post about Joshua's tantrem.

i know it probably wasn't funny for you at the time, but reading it I could really "see" it, particularly the laying on his back kicking his legs bit.

I think it was also funny because my kids have both done the lying-down-flat-river-dance themselves....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast