Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 12 Months to 3 Years, March '05

Welcome Laura and Elijah, it doesn't matter how regualr you are, it is just good sometimes to chat with people who are doing what you are doing, and see that things are "normal" as well.

The dr said to use sorbolene with vite or aloe vera 4 times a day to clear jemmas excema, should take a week and then must keep her moisturised all the time, even add sorbolene to the bath but definetly no soap, and she shuld be fine by the time she's 5, that seems far away! I can add sigmacort when it is really bad, so we will see how we go.

try to get back later, going to the chiropractor to get my back done.
    Cheers Michelle

there are lots of things for kids with excema. My three all have it, and we only use qv or hamiltons wash in the bath.
    we had a friend over today with their newborn, and Rianna just looked at it and said "OOK" when the baby cried she backed away and said "ma" but she didn't try touch it, or pull it off my lap, and I held it for an hour or so, so I guess it may not be as bad as I think, maybe they instinctively know to be gentle with those smaller than themselves!??

Vanita- I think they are gentle for awhile, and then they do what I saw Jemma doing today, she grabbed jessica by the foot, jessica was lying on her back on the floor, and dragged her across the carpet as she wasn't where she wanted her to be. There is 18 months between the two of them and it has been interesting to say the least. jemma loves hr so much but is starting to get a little impatient with her lately, she wants her to do more I think.

No more news from my camp, kids are in bed, Arron is sick and so he is dying and all I want is for Jemma to stay in bed and I will be happy. She has started not having her sleep, but sometimes Arron puts her to bed at 3pm and then she is up till 10.30pm. Which is not good for this mum as she needs lots of kid free time. Today no sleep but she has been out twice already.

Good night all

I forgotten since the twins, is there an 18 mth growth spurt?? the last 2 nights she's been up at 3-4am wantiing a drink!? Has been sleeping through since 3 months, but not lately. Has just got over an ear infection, but DH and I are starting to get blood shot eyes! With me being pg and working am not coping too well!!! ](*,)

Vanita,
    you poor darling, you need some rest. Not sure about 18 mth growth spurts, think they happen whenever it's time for the child.

Jemma started this thing of waking at 3am and getting into my bed, I quickly realised that it would become a habit, and now when she comes in I take her straigjht back to her bed.

As much as I love her cuddles, not at 3am! And not bf Jessica wakes up for a feed, I need as much rest as possible. the other night was the first night I hadn't heard Jessica and instead Arron woke me up wandering around the house at 5am looking to see if there was someone in the house. I added up that due to babies/toddlers and preganancy I prob haven't had an unbroken sleep for about 3 yrs.

Cheers michelle

So quiet every where today, is it cos of Easter, are people going away? I wish we were i htink I need a holiday.

Nothing to report, all is normal here, except Arron has taken 2 kids to hios mum's and I am here with the 2 babies, on the net, when I should be doing other stuff, too bad!

Have a great easter everyone.
    Michelle

Every time I'm on the net i really should b doin something else, washing cooking cleaning ra ra.

My Dh gets really annoyed that I am on here instead of doing stuff, sometimes I just get caught up in what is happening on here and lose track of the time.

After all what is there thats better to do?
    Michelle

Certainly not the housework!!

Wont be quiet for long girls I will be here in 12 days

Love

That will be nice kathryn, for us but not really for you, your little boy will be one. How are the party preparations going? Are you definelty finished having kids, are you stopping at 2?

Cheers Michelle

Hi Michelle

Yep Andrew is pretty adamant that there will not be any more babies in this house. I am open to the idea but have to respect his wishes as well. So yeah I am pretty sure we will be stopping at 2. I said to him just before "oh I will get to hold 4wk old Ryan on Sunday (Naomi's baby) and he said "good at least you get to hand him back" LMAO

Just waiting for Lachlan to wake up so we can go shopping and start getting stuff for his party next weekend like drinks etc etc etc. ](*,)

Love

Oh well Kathryn, that's the thing about there being 2 parents, you both need to agree. Arron prob would have stopped at 2, but we talked about the 3rd, we were both 1 of 3 kids, and then when Jemma was 6 months I asked him to think seriously did we not want anymore and he crumbled, I didn't want to look back and regret not having the 4th. We both love kids but 4 is it for us, people keep saying we might as well have another, and I am permanently clucky, if money and time weren't considerations, I would have 12.

Cheers Michelle

Car trips with crying kids are the pits, esp when they can't decide why they are crying. You are a stronger girl than I in respect to the photos, I can't resist and I always buy them all. And I need more walls LOL cos they will never fit on the ones we have. Better get Arron to extend again, gee he will be rapt with me.

Cheers Michelle

Yes well so much for shopping for the party LMAO. I couldn't be bothered #-o Ahh well next week 8-[

Love

i agree... it is hideous when they scream in the car.

My two are now at the stage where they can reach over and poke/touch/generally annoy each other. So if one's in a cranky mood, sometimes all it takes is a look from the other to set them off.

Having said that, most of the time they're troopers. We've just got home from a Good Friday church service where they had to arrive early to help set up (had all interactive Stations of the Cross stuff from The Passion) and sat through a service and waited for us to pack up (4 hrs all up). All that and Daddy forgot to feed them brekky (as I had to be there even earlier).

Lucky I had some skanky couple of days old hot cross buns in the nappy bag to hold off the hunger pains.

So I forgive them a couple of hissy fits in the car every now and then.

I swear you learn something new everyday. Hey did you guys know millipedes can be poisenous!!! Rianna ate 1/2 one tonight!! of course I called mum first and she said it was ok, but theres dad in the background saying they are poisonous, so did the right thing and rang the poisons line, and sure enough they can be!! They actually secrete an iodine solution, that can make you really sick.! obviously she didn't eat too much of it, coz she has been fine, but of course DH is at work, so I've had to watch her carefully whilst trying to get the big girls bathed and ready for school tommorrow!
    Anyway lets hope she stays fine, and no chucking or anything dramatic hey!!
    Hope you are all well, and that you don't eat millipedes for dinner!!!LOL

Wow Vanita- Who would have thought, hey! I would never have worried if 1 of mine ate a bug. Hope things are ok, probably no reaction by now is a good sign.

Well Easter has been flat out, Jemma ate so much choccy she had tummy pains last night, but being 2 means you can forget about that really quick and be ready for round 2 of choccy weekend pretty much straight away when yu wake up.

Chat again tomorrow, have lots to check tonight
    Cheers Michelle

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast