Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 Months - 6 Months, April '05

luckily Wolf's sleeping bag prevents him from rolling! phew!

I gave Wolf a piece of apple to suck on yesterday (held it in my hand to make sure he couldn't bite of a piece) and he really loved the taste (it was a really juicy one). He got grumpy every time I took it away! he he
    This morning I gave him a piece of my banana to suck on. The little bits he managed to nibble off came straight out - not too interested in eating anything yet, but definitely very curious as to what the stuff is mom puts in her mouth (better not eat any chocolate in front of him).

Hi everyone, I hope you're all well. DH is working late again which is annoying but at least I get to watch tv without having to fight for the remote.
    We hit a hiccup with solids today. I thought I'd try banana. Yasin gave me a look like I'd betrayed him and spat it all out. He ate about half his meal and then I finished it up. I think that he might have hated the taste because it wasn't mixed with rice cereal and mummy milk like all his other meals have been. I'll try it like that tomorrow.
    I got an extra spring for his hammock so he can't bounce it so hard and it seems to be working.

I would put Lily into her sleeping bags so she can't roll in bed but they are for dead of winter ones. I can't seem to find any light cotton ones.

mooshie Guest

hi girls

popping in to say dachlostar - lani hates banana lol i think it may be the texture, she loves eating a very ripe pear just cut into slices and she eats that whilst i am eating my dinner so we get 5 mins peace lol. i might try the banana again maybe next week - i think we have gone through most vegies and fruit lol runnign out of ideas lol.

sneaking back to my own forum now lol

Tegan, we are using the "Alvi" sleeping bag. I think it's a German company and I haven't really seen anything like it in Australia. It has an inner sleeping bag and an outer bag for winter. In Australia I had Wolf just in the light inner sleeping bag. (you can try googling it - would like to post link but it's forbidden)

Oh - I'm getting so curious how Wolf will take to solids...

Well, we changed Wolf's stroller yesterday from pram thingie to being a stroller. He was just getting too large for the basinette. You are supposed to use it until they are 6 months or 9kg but Wolf is almost 70cm long now, so doesn't fit in it length wise - even though he hasn't reached 9kg yet. He seems to like facing forward and checking out the world around him.

In fact, will go for a walk now

Snowy

I feel like the baddest mama in the 'hood!!!! I was still in bed when DH went to work this morning so he came and woke me up and put Yasin down beside me. I gave him a feed and then we both went to sleep. an hour later I woke up with a start and Yasin was nowhere to be seen - he had rolled off the bed!!!!!! #-o :shock: OMG my heart nearly jumped out of my chest!!! Luckily he had rolled onto DH's side and DH always throws his bedding on the floor so he was rolling around in the pillows with no idea that his poor mother had nearly died of fright. Thats the end of co-sleeping in our house unless DH is in bed too.
    I feel so guilty, he's so mobile now that I really should have known better than to just go back to sleep without putting him down somewhere safer than the bed. If it had been my side he rolled off the landing would not have been so soft because the floor is bare except for the metal bits of the hammock.
    #-o #-o #-o #-o

Hey all, VERY LONG TIME no chat,

yowch Dachlostar, that sounds terrifying to wake and know ur baby has rolled off the bed!! Glad he was ok tho!

Kaitlyn is on solids at nights as well as her bottle and has been for more than a wk. She gobbles up her food so fast and she gets so angry when dad is slower shovelling than she swallows! I feel like a bad mum tho! During the day she has 4 feeds of only 160mls and then at nights she has a about 400ml worth of solids (cereal and fruit mixed together with formula) and 180-220mls bottle. She's gaining weight ok and is content but I feel she should probably be getting more in her bottles. The problem is she's a "happy chucker" and the only way to decrease the amount she chucks is to give her small botttles..... She's leopard crawling and rolls (almost fully from back to front and fully from front to back), can sit unassisted for short periods and loves standing holding on to things. She sleeps 10hrs a night (and has since 6wks old) and I feed her at 7am, burp her and she goes back to bed for another 2hrs (she sometimes plays rather than sleeps, but being pg again, I NEED the extra sleep). She's only up for 1-2hrs at a time then she sleeps for 1-2 depending on her activities during the day.

All in all I think she's doing well......

Congrats everyone on such beautiful babies!!!

oh Dachlostar - don't feel bad - I think most babies fall off somewhere once ... and it was a soft landing! Well, sure enough, Wolf managed to roll in his sleeping bag ... woke up to my son complaining at 2 a.m. and when I turned (he sleeps right next to me in his cot but the side bar of the cot taken away) he was on his tummy!!! I guess that means I have to put the slats back because he could whack his head on the wodden frame of my bed if he keeps rolling!! bugger, it was so convenient having him just next to me in his cot and I could just lean over and take him out for night feeds!

Katkins - I couldn't imagine being pregnant at the moment (especially not 11 weeks when you still have m/s). I think I have to time the next p/g so that I have someone around 24/7 during the first trimester (or at least from week 7 to 12) to play with Wolf while mummy chunders down the toilet... :roll:

snowy,
    I know what u mean. Some days are a real struggle for me. I got m/s before I even knew I was pg (10 days late, but ht's came back neg so thot body still recovering from last pg), but when Kat smiles at me and giggles it makes me feel at least a little better. Some days I beg DH to leave work early or on time so I can have a rest before he cooks dinner. It's evenings I have m/s most so days aren't too bad mostly. I just don't want to eat at nights and I often feel like vomiting. Oh, I've also been getting migraines with this pg (prob not enough sleep or time to relax), but am slowly getting there.

I'm feeling very alone with this pg because I don't know anyone who's having a baby now (or around the time I will be), so I will prob be coming into belly belly a lot more this pg. Hence the reason I upgraded. Figure I might as well have a pretty avatar to make me feel a little better about myself when I'm feeling fat and waddling!!!!

lol, Katkins!
    oh - I didn't have anyone p/g with me really, but I met a lovely girl at the antenatal class and I loved the support I got here on BB!

So this little one will be a Scorpio too, huh? are you going to find out whether it's a boy or a girl? I am very curious to hear, how you will do once bubs is here - we are planning to have No. 2 sometime next year - not sure when yet

Snowy

I'm ready to toss number 1 out the window atm! She wanted to go to bed and has been crying for the last hr because she is fighting sleep! GRRRR She only does this of an evening and it's not every night. But when she does it I tear my hair out cause there's nothing I can do but LET HER CRY. I put the dummy in, she spits it out, I soothe her, walk out and she starts up again......I just can't win when she's in this mood and I hate hearing her cry like this!!!

Kerrie, maybe give her a warm bath with that johnson's lavinder stuff in it when she's like this, that usually helps settle them and the lavinder makes them sleepy. I too cannot see myself pg again so soon after, but you're a real trooper for doing it!

Dachloster, how scary! I hope that never happens to me, i would just die.

Well I bought Lily some Farex yesterday. Might give her some tomorrow and see how she goes. She had her 4mth needles today. Poor thing. took them better than last time though. Shes just very sleepy, not as whingy. Told the nurse how Lily is so interested in food and she seemed a bit surprised i hadn't started her on some Farex. Got her weighed and measured too. She's now 64.5cms long, 6.8kgs and her head is 40cms. All that in only 2 weeks!

Tegan, I would give her a bath, but it would mess up her clock and bedtime routine. Since 6wks we started the routine of BIG feed, play, bath and bed. It worked and she settled into sleeping 8-9hrs almost immediately, so we haven't changed it except to move the start time of the routine from nine pm to eight pm.... She liked to play up after dad gets home and before her last feed. She just doesn't want to rest, even if she is tired. So twice a wk or more we have to put up with her crying because she wants to be up playing and grisling rather than sleeping because she's tired. But she sleeps thru the night so I guess I have no real cause to complain.....
    Thank for the advice tho....

Kerrie, love the new avatar. Very shmick!

I WISH I looked like that *L*. And thank u Kelly for doing it for me. ALso my hair is brown Kat's is blonde (but then I think she's going to darken up with age like her aunt's and uncles did..)... But hey. That gives me something to make me feel better as I start showing more and more....

Hi all

Katkins I can relate to the crying etc, Grace does the same thing, she can be so tired but she seems to fight it. She's been a good sleeper today though, I thing it is an every couple of days thing.

Grace has three meals a day now and four bottles. I give her a mix of home made and bought baby food. I like the motherly frozen baby food, it costs about $8 for a box with 27 cubes of food. Of course I could make the same food for her myself but it's nice to have something there already done. One box lasts a while because she doesn't eat it every day.

Next week is 6 month jabs and check up, will be good to see how much she has grown in 2 months.

Well went to try Lily on some Farex today just before her feed. She must have been so hungry though, she was screaming the place down, so no way was she going to eat it, so just gave her the bottle and she went to sleep. Might try it at her next feed at 7pm.

Success!

Lily had her first solid meal. Screwed her face up a bit, bit of drooling but she ate about 2 teaspoons full of farex! Didn't gage even. So proud of my little girl.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast