Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 Months - 6 Months, April '05

Kerrie, I think I'm doing the maths right, and I hope you dont think Im being rude, because I think its wonderful, but did you get pregnant a month or two after your daughter was born??!!

I am starting to hit a bit of a 'lull'. I adore Aidan and spending so much time with him but, *dont hate me for saying it* I am beginning to get a little annoyed in the slightest when he is in a bad mood. I have found myself a few mornings lately actually wistfully watching my husband go to work. V wierd. I am DESPERATELY searching for some part time work but no-one wants me....

Other than that, we're doing great. Aidan is a loveable lump and no doubt at the next MCHN appt he'll be huge. I am still b/f but only at morning and night, although I always have to top him up with formula at night. I really enjoy this routine so hopefully my milk supply keeps up.

Not feeling well, almost like AF cramps - I hope not....

Jess

tegan, Good to hear she ate some, once she gets used to it she will gobble it down and u can add some interesting flavours for her (rice cereal must taste boring)...

Jessica, Yes, I fell approx 10wks post delivery, mind u last AF was at 8wks after delivery.....so this pg counts from then. Yes, I fell very soon and yes sometimes I wish I could be elsewhere when Kat gets stroppy and won't sleep.....

Dasch- don't worry Babe! The main thing is yasin is ok and we all make mistakes sometimes.

Tegan- Yay for Lily's first meal.

Hi Kerrie- I remember your pg announcement, good to see you here and hope the MS goes away soon.

Snowy- just when you thought Wolf was behaving....Oh well up goes the side, he is too clever.

Jess- don't feel bad, when you are used to doing stuff and then are "stuck" home with a baby, you can get down. What you need is a job (which I know you are trying to do) or a hobby, is there anything interesting you would like to try OR just get out more often. I am guilty too of staying home when my bubs are very young as I like the routine, but you also need to feel like a person, so go out, meet up with friends for a cuppa or go visiting or shopping, anything to get your mind working again.
    Cheers Michelle

Kerrie, IKWYM, it's really frustrating at times when they cry like that and there is nothing you can do, isn't it.

Just out of curiosity - how many girls in here are still exclusively b/f?? Am I the only one? I was going to wait until Wolf is 6 months or can sit before giving him solids.

Also - who in here as had their periods since birth?? I don't think I've had mine. I've had some on and off bleeding but I think it was lochia still - not heavy enough for AF.

Had a bit of a p/g scare this week but peed on a stick and it was BFN - kinda relieved - kinda sad... bizarre, isn't it... it really wouldn't have been planned, but still would have been happy ...

Snowy

I got AF 5 weeks after the birth! You're lucky Snowy.

Kerrie, well congratulations! As Aidan is such a good baby, sometimes I think about it (I would NEVER tell ANYONE this except the bellybelly girls). But then I remember ms and how long 9 months is (but then again, it would be much easier to deal with all that without having to worry about work). On the other hand as you've said its much harder dealing with it AND looking after a baby - you are amazing!

Snowy as you know I am combinging b/f and formula, but I havent had my period yet, I am scared as I've heard its horrible and it just hits you (which reminds me I must stock up pads in my handbag - its been sooo long since I needed to worry about these things). It still may be awhile yet though, I guess sometime after I stop b/f, although as I said I am really enjoying this routine and if possible would like to keep going until... well, as long as Aidan wants. (Now that I have broached the subject of another bundle of joy its got me thinking though!!)

Jess

p.s. for those who b/f (part or exclusively), when did your AF arrive? Now I am really wondering when I'll get it!

Snowy, all I can say is be careful *L*. I got ONE AF and then bam, while waiting for the next to arrive I got sick four afternoons in a row...thought this is weird, it fewels like morning sickness, my home tests were coming back negative, but I was pregnant! Took another week and a half after I found out for the home tests to come back positive. I knoiw what u mean tho. I was disappointed everytime I got a negative test, but I was also glad, wanted to wait a little longer, but alas, I had no say in it.

Well my lil princess is calling me, she's probably folded up the playmat on herself again. She will insist on kicking the side bars down flat....

Hi everyone, I hope you're all well.
    Yasin woke up at 5.45 this morning wanting to play, it nearly killed me.
    Jess, AF came back when Yasin was 3 months. I was breast feeding so I didn't expect it so early. My cycles have been a bit erratic since then and since I've been having multiple patches of EWCM I suspect that I may not be ovulating. FF says that I have but it could be wrong. IKWYM about being a bit envious about your DH going off to work. I often feel the same. It doesn't help that DH has a great job. His 'office' is just him and two of his friends and he has to go to heaps of events that I would like to go to (sports, concerts etc). Tonight he goes to the bulldogs v roosters game while stay I home with Yasin. Whilst being a mother is a really enriching and rewarding experience I miss a few things from my pre-baby life too. It would be nice to have my own income again, spend a little more time in the company of adults (without talking about babies) and be able to be a bit more spontaneous.

Snowy, I think that to BF exclusivley until 6 months is a great target. I wanted to do that too but when Yasin started giving me all the signals that he was ready to try solids I decided that it wouldn't be fair to make him go hungry. I think that the recommendations are a good guide but you have to be flexible. If he didn't seem ready for solids at 6 months I don't think that there would have been any harm in waiting until 7 (or 8) months. His ECHN seemed to be quite excited that I was still breastfeeding at 5 months. I think that alot of people give up before then. My breastfeeding goal is at least 1 year and then after that I'm flexible up to 2 years which is my upper limit.

Kerrie, congratulations!! DH and I are TTC at the moment but if I'm not ovulating we're not going to suceed. Are you breast feeding or bottle feeding? Sorry for being snoopy but I'm quite interested in breastfeeding during pregnancy.
    I hate those grumpy, sooky days, it must be even more difficult when you're coping with 1st trimester symptoms as well.

Tegan, I'm glad the solids went down well. Does farex make a rice cereal? We use the hienz one because all the farex in the local super market is wheat based. Yasin is gradually working his way through all the first stage foods. Its so funny when we hit one he doesn't like. He pulls the funniest faces. He likes pumpkin the best, he gets really excited about it.

Michelle, I think you were right about the texture being the reason he hated banana. It so slimy when its mashed up bluuurk. I think that I'll try it again as a finger food in a few months.

Hi girls, hope everyone is good. Hey Kerrie, congratulations on #2! LOL, Kaleb does the same thing with his playmat, I suspect he is getting too big for it, or else he is going to enjoy trashing things as he grows up.

Hey Dachlostar, I had no idea you were TTC, that's pretty exciting. I am quite tempted to start too - I'm pretty sure I only want 2 kids, and I feel that I want to get it all over and done with ASAP. DH feels the same but he is being such a PITA at the moment with Kaleb I don't know how he'd cope with 2. And the memory of M/S puts me off...I dread that more than anything else, labour and birth included. I've also had varying opinions on how long I should wait after a C/S before getting preg again, some docs say 6 mths, others say a year, I think I'll just take it month by month.

Jess, I know what you mean about about life as a mum...I get quite envious of DH as he goes off to work too. I was studying for the 2 years before TTC and am now in the process of starting my own business, I'm enjoying using my brain again. I want to give it a really good shot before my maternity leave is up, see if it'll be financially viable enough for me to give my old job the flick! Another cross against TTC yet I guess.

Well, now that Kaleb's daytime sleep is down pat, he has decided to wake up at 3am every morning now. He will not go back to sleep no matter how much settling I do, so I give in and feed him, knowing he is not really hungry, and he sucks for about a minute then falls asleep. So I put him back in his cot and he's wide awake again. Have tried rearranging his naps, upping his feeds, putting warmer PJs on and nothing seems to be working. Guess it's just another phase to get through. It wouldn't be so bad if DH didn't huff and sigh and complain all the time about it disturbing his sleep - I know it must be really tough when you know you've got to get up for work but it just makes me feel like I've got 2 babies to try and settle IYKWIM! Anyway, enough complaining from me for now!

Dachloster, what im giving Lily is farex baby rice it's called. Couldn't find the Hienz ones.

All this talk about TTC! I miss being pg so much. Having missed 1st trimester coz i found out at 12weeks i sorta wanna experience that whole finding out and everything and just TTC etc IYKWIM? We're thinking maybe late 06/early 07 i'd make it earlier but DP says he'd go mad if it was any closer. He couldn't stand having 2 babies in nappies. But I spose all males are like that or is it just mine?

Dachlostar, My advice would be to wait. It's hard coping with everything and there are some days I just don't cope at all. But maybe that's just me. All I will say is be prepared to be tired constantly and feel like crap due to M/S which makes looking after a baby harder..... But you manage to find ways to handle it...... If that is what u want, then I wish you the best of luck.

Kerrie, I know that being pregnant with a baby won't be easy and that having two in nappies is going to be hard work but I want my kids to be close in age. After the first two I'll take a break and figure out if we want more (well thats the plan). I probably am insane but whatever space I have between my children there will be some kind of issue. DH and I are planning on three or four children but thats negotiable (at the moment I'm wondering if the hospital will refund or exchange the first one).
    How many children does everyone else here want?

I want about 4 kids. I'd like the next one to be a boy, but you cant pick these things hey??

Dachlostar, I'm not saying don't do it, I'm just saying it is hard at times. It is worth every second tho. I love my daughter very much and I already love this one growing inside me. If I had a choice, I would have put it off a little that's all.... I want 4 children I think. But will definitely have a bigger gap before falling again next time. I love pregnancy (after the M/S goes anyway) and I love babies/children. I want my house full of laughter and fun.

Anyway, Dh calls, I must obey.....catch u all again soon.

Hey girls,

funny - I want 4 kids too. DH wants 3 because, he reckons, 3 fit in a 'normal' car (typical bloke thing to say, isn't it). I would like the next one to be a boy again, so there are 2 boys close in age. Though I think DH really wants a girl next ...

Tegan - re. nappies, DH said while I was pregnant, that he'd do 1/2 the nappy changes... yeah.. guess what... he maybe does 1/50 ... sigh.. but I actually mind the nappy changes less than I thought I would... I guess your own baby's poo smells not as bad as someone else's baby's poo (kinda like your own farts, eh? never as bad as somebody else's ... lol)

aaaaaaaaaah... well..

Dachlostar, I want to b/f until Wolf is about 8-9 months old. I think that's the cut off for me. I thought before I had him that I wouldn't go for longer than 3 months, then when I had him I initially thought I'd do 6 months and now I'm at 8-9... at the moment though I'm getting a bit over it... he pulls on my boob a fair bit and thrashes around a lot, which makes it really tiring.

This evening, when I put Wolf to bed, he rolled out of his cot onto my bed... he did that 4 times and then I decided to give up and feed him to sleep. I will have to put the slats back and move him away from my bed now. It makes me a bit sad cause it was nice to have him right beside me and just grab him at night for feeds. Now I will have to get out of bed and lift him out of the cot... bugger...

Hope everyone is well and you are all having a fabulous weekend. Spring has arrived in full swing - it's been beautiful, sunny, around 20deg.... really nice.. (last week was single digits, brrrrrrrrrrr) - I hope it stay this way!

Snowy

mooshie Guest

hi there girls

all this talk about having another baby is making me even more cluckier - have ventured into the pre ttc thread but not really posting there yet - ideally will wait till lani is 1. i fell prg with son with first dd was 1 so there was 21 mths apart and i found it fine - dd was still in nappies but change 1 bum might as well do 2 imo - and she was a really great help and they were very close.

re: af and b/feeding - well i got a shock cause af arrived for me at easter how nice of her lol - it wasn't as bad as i thought, i am finding the ovulation pains alot more now tho - i started lani on solids at 5mths it was then i introduced 1 bottle of formula so af arrived around 1mth after starting this routine - she now has a combination of boob and bottle - with a bottle at 11pm rollover to stop the night waking which started at 4mths and fingers crossed as stopped shhhhhh don't tell her :-$ lol.

one thing i really noticed this time tho a couple of days before af arrived lani was realllllllllllyyyyyyy fussy on the boob and hardly fed at all - so i think that was a combination of af arriving and also getting her 1st tooth a week later so the poor little mite had a bit to deal with.

well i will go back to my own thread can't believe how quickly these bubbies are growing so sad so clucky lol.

night all

ah .. who knows, maybe it's AF coming for me as well... * sigh * I wish I would actually have it, so I would have a definite answer on whether I'm pg or not...

Wolf keeps rolling in his bed, actually even while asleep... not sure what to do... I kept on waking to his complaints and having to roll him back over and at one stage actually held him down so he wouldn't roll in his sleep... arrrgh...

so tired from a very broken night... can't string together proper sentences.

Snowy

hmmm... looks like it was PMS from hell ... had a little bleed this morning...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast