Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 3 Months - 6 Months, April '05

Hi all, sorry to worry you about my fight. We have pretty much made up and tried to resolve the issue (in the space of 10mins but it's better progress than we have ever made).

Snowy, I can understand, the reason DH and I were fighting is over money, so it can really affect a relationship. Good luck working out what is best for your wonderful family, I know you will work something out.

Thanks for everyones concerns, I am just desperately searching for work and until then Chris will work, which he wants to do anyway. He is awsome (awwww!).

Jess

When you give pumpkin to baby, do you make it up yourself with real pumpkin, or do you buy it in a jar? I can't seem to find just pumpkin in a jar, only pumpkin and sweetcorn.

Oh, Jess and Snowy, big hugs to you both. Money totally sucks and since my paid maternity leave ran out at the beginning of March, we have been seriously struggling. My DH just doesn't want to know - he has no idea of our financial situation and leaves it all up to me. It's good in a way, but also a lot of pressure. Jess, glad to hear you have made up - I hope that the ironing works out, or that you find something else. Hmmm, we will all have to brainstorm ideas for you! Snowy, I'm sure it wasn't a mistake starting your own business - it is probably better than always thinking what might have been if you hadn't given it a shot. I am in the process of starting one myself, hoping it will be viable enough to give up my bank job, and everyone thinks I'm mad, but I just need to know if I can do it - I think I'd regret it if I didn't try.

Well, after things started going tickety-boo with Kaleb again, he had his needles yesterday and has been Mr Cranky Pants ever since. He has got massive bruises from them this time, probably because he was struggling so much. Last night he woke up every 1/2 hr from 7 - 9:30, then every 15 minutes till 11, when I gave up and took him into the spare bed with me (DH is anti co-sleeping and won't have it in our bed). We are going to a wedding tomorrow and he is staying at my parents' place, so that is keeping me going at the moment - a night out, woo hoo!

mooshie Guest

tegan

i make my own pumpkin for lani so easy and make a big batch then put it in ice cube containers (i have the tuppaware ones with a lid) then freeze - each morning i just take out a cube and pop it in the fridge ready for her.

just a bit of a warning tho on the pumpkin and sweetcorn jar - i too gave this to lani very early on in solids (she started 1wk off 5mths) and she got a horrible rash from it - all over her body and face - turns out she is allergic to sweetcorn - which apparently can be common so just watch for the signs

good luck

i have to admit that i have been really lazy when it comes to eliana's food - just giving her things out of jars though she has had mashed up banana - but this afternoon i cooked up a batch of potato, pumpkin, carrots & sweet potato - i feel so much better for making her some fresh food glad to have my lazy parenting habit out in the open \/

Erk! I spose I better not feed Lily the pumpkin and sweetcorn til later then! I also bought her some banana and pear, so might try that instead. Jess, glad you and Chris have sorted things out.

to you Snowy, we worry about money all the time here too, as DP nor myself have jobs. It is so hard to find any around here, which is why we're moving to QLD in a couple of months.

Beth, poor Kaleb. Ouch at the bruising. Hopfully he calms down a bit tomorrow.

Dachloster, i know what you mean about them growing out of clothes really quick. Lily has a few clothes that she didnt even get to wear and when i try them on her they're too small because she is so long for her age.

I gave Lily some more solid food after having a week off. She had pear and banana. She gobbled it all up. She loved it so much that when i was waiting for her to eat some she'd cry coz i was waiting too long and she wanted more lol and she kept lunging towards it.

tegan - lol at lily lunging at the spoon - eliana is the same & inpatient too - i swear she would eat the spoon if she could - whereabouts in qld are you moving to?

Hi, hope everyone is having a nice long weekend.

Aidan weighed in at a whopping 8kg's on Thursday! MCHN is not worried about becoming overweight as he has always been 'above average' but told me to put off solids until he is a little more active, which is fine with me.

Unfortunately DH and I have been fighting on and off Nothing seems to resolve it all, and I am looking for jobs but nothing suitable. I have even started applying for some I dont even really want. Oops.

Tegan, glad to hear Lily likes her fruit!

Jess

My little man is 6 months old tomorrow. I can't believe he's reached his half birthday already (and they're having a public holiday to mark the occasion!!!!!).
    He's sooo close to crawling now. I think that by the time 7 months rolls around he will have cracked it.

Jess, my DH and I have been squabbling alot lately. Whenever we resolve anything something else always seems to pop up #-o . I hope that you sort things out soon.
    Tegan, LOL at Lily and her solids. Yasin was like that too but now he's calmed down a bit. I make up my own food. I just do enough for 36-48 hours and keep it in a little container in the fridge. Now he's 6 months old I can introduce some new foods. I love the face he pulls when he hates something. So funny!!!
    Beth, ouchies!!! poor Kaleb. Yasin is due for his 6month needles now . Luckily His Dr and ECHN are across the road from each other so I can do it all in one hit. I hope you had fun on your night out. I've forgotten what they are.

We went to Tap Dogs last night. It was the best. Such a good night.

Just gave Lily some more pear and banana. Still lunging at it and gobbling it all up lol. Not much else happeneing here.

Jess, wow at Aidan being 8kgs already. I think Lily is around 6.9, so just under 7kgs. She doesn't look that skinny though, but has lost all her cubbyness in her face. She is about 65cms in length though, so very long for her age.

I would make up Lily's food but we don't have a food processor so I dunno any other way to do it.

Thank you girls for cheering me up (and making me feel less alone with those stupid money worries). Is it just me or is it always us girls worrying about money, while the guys seem to be totally unfased by it all ...

He has applied for several new positions and is excited again. So that's all good. One of them is in Tokyo and though I'm not too keen to go there, it's a job he'd really like to do... Oh well... at least Tokyo is closer to Oz and just 1 hour time difference, so we could fly to Sydney for weekends. (I know, it sounds decadent, but FIL has lots of miles - ex Qantas employee - and we've done it in the past the other way round to see my brother who is also in Tokyo).
    Well, keep your fingers crossed for us (or better DH).

Jess, yeah.. money.. glad you resolved your fight. We used to fight about money when we were living of my money (wouldn't like to be married to me - I am very stingy and controll-y) but now that my money has run out too, we are on equal footing again, lol...

All will be good in 2005! That's my motto!

So far I have cooked all fruits myself for Wolf (well, the 1.5 pears and 3 apples I stewed...). I just can't bring myself to buy stuff from a jar... don't know why.. it always looks so disgusting (especially the stuff with meat in it.. it just looks gross) - but I'm sure I eventually will because it's just so convenient!

Snowy

maybe I'm lazy/bad mum, but I've been using the jar stuff from day Dot with Kat. Once she's older I'll cook for her.....it just worries me that I might make it taste yucky or put something in it that they shouldn't have yet (like sugar to stew apples etc). I'm not the cook of the house as u may have gathered and hence cooking for Kat worries me atm.

I have the same worries as you Kerrie thats why im buying it in a jar at the moment. Some of the stuff is quite nice though lol Yes ive tasted it! Just wanting to know exactly whats going in Lily's mouth.

Hi girls, hope you're all well. I'm good, had a great weekend, my friend's wedding was fantastic, it was so nice to be out for a night like normal people! Was sooo tired yesterday though, kept hanging out for Kaleb's nap times so I could have a kip too!

With the solids, so far I've done a bit of both with Kaleb - tried him on foods from the jar first to check that he likes it, then made up batches of it myself. I haven't got a food processor, but I just use a blender and it does the job. Well, so far I've only done pumpkin and apple, which are going down well, and banana, which he hated and looked at me with such contempt I'm not game to try it again!

Just had Lily doing some tummy time on the floor so she can learn to roll from tummy to back. She loves rolling from back to tummy but doesnt seem to want to go back the other way. Instead she wants to go forwards! Just then, she was pushing with her feet and moving forward but instead of using her arms she had her head in the ground and pushing a long, it looks so funny. She is getting frustrated i think because she cant go very fast and cant crawl properly but she's getting the hang of it, quickly i might add. Just put her in her rocker for a bit of a rest and she is cranky coz she wants to be on the floor and try to crawl lol.

ooooooh, please don't think I was judging or something - I don't think anyone as lazy or bad or whatever. NOT AT ALL. I had a look at the jars here on sale and they are all really good with just 100% fruit or veggies, no preservatives or salt or stuff like that (well, you CAN get those too, but there are 'healthy-ones' there as well). I don't think there is a difference in quality if you buy jars or cook yourself. But even though I know that, I just can't buy the jars... I just don't know why. I'm not a hippy or anything like that.. I think I'm just a control freak, that's all... lol...

Dachlostar: happy 1/2 year birthday to Yasin!!!

Wolf has had steamed apple, steamed pear and banana so far. The poos are always really sweet smelling because of that... DH reckons we should just feed him fruit until he is toilet trained, lol.

We had a bad night last night. Wolf has a cold (one of the babies at the ante-natal reunion was sick - been cursing their name for taking a sick baby to the meeting last night) and wouldn't sleep last night. His nose was clogged and he couldn't breath through it and was crying sooooooo much. I sat there crying myself because it broke my heart how unhappy he was. He never cries at night. He just stirrs when he wakes and I pick him up and feed him but last night nothing was working. Had him in my arms until he fell asleep again. Poor little munchkin. Hope the cold will go soon.

Snowy

Snowy, I hope poor little Wolf feels better soon. grrr at the parents of the sick baby. How inconsiderate can you be?! I can't imagine that the baby was thrilled to be out and about when it was feeling sick.
    Tegan, that bum in the air thing looks so funny doesn't it!! It always cracks me up when Yasin does it.
    Beth, I'm glad you had a great night out. I wish I could go out for a while sans baby but I don't really have baby sitting options.
    Kerrie, I don't think that being a good mum has much to do with the choice between bottled or cooked baby food and I'm pretty sure that babies don't care about such trivial matters.

We're off to the next forum now that my little man is 6 months old but I'll still be popping in to see how your littlies are going. Its amazing how fast the 6 months has gone. Yasin starts swimming lessons on saturday and now I can start introducing more new foods so we lots of adventures in front of us. I just love the way that with a baby something as simple as the first taste of avocado is a whole new gourmet adventure of taste, colour and texture.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast