Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 Months - 6 Months, August 05

Hi All,

Trish - I'm with you. The controlled crying would do my head in too. Although at the moment I'm doing a very good job of ignoring them both. Shane got her up after 30mins, and didn't put her back to sleep, instead left her to play on her matt while I was in the shower. So needless to say shes completely wound up now, and I have told hsane I refuse to feed her til 1pm. Serves him right. Babies can't be played with all the time!! Anyway - good luck with sleeping school.

Sarah - how great that zander loved the beach. I cant wait until summer is here and we can swim with Jenna. I'll have to cehck out your updated photos.

Deb - great photos!!! Gabby looks gorgeous in her naked shots. Very cute.

Dinky - good luck with the 4month checkup. We had ours yesterday and everything is going well.

Food - I would love to start her as she sucks and chews on everything that goes in her mouth. Shes always leaning forward, and we sometimes give her icecubes to suck on. She loves those! Probably naughty though. With food - are you supposed to sterilise the plates and things? I bought some cute bowls, and I'm not sure if the dishwasher is enough.

Dee - Absolute bliss with 11hrs. We have never had more than about 10 from jenna, and we are still doing 6-8hrs at night. It works ok since Shane isn't working, but when he goes back it will be tough.

Nat - Jacob sounds liek a delightful freak!! I would love for missy to not cry, but shes an expert. Good for him.

I got some new nappies today. YAY!! I got some Erica nappies, and they are just gorgeous. The softest and most lovely nappy. And a couple of new Bummis covers, and I get some new Bubba J nappies and my wonderoos tomorrow. God I lvoe my clothies. SOOOO much fun! And I still dont mind washign them. Isn't it surprising what you can deal with as a mother?

Fi

Yup I definately have a chubby bub on my hands! But chubby is cute Sounds like Matthew is definately sleeping well at the moment.

Meant to mention this morning as well - happy 5 months to Tehya, I can't believe how fast the time has gone.

Tehya says a big slobbery thank you to all =P~

Sarah, Zanders pics are gorgeous. I know that others may find this weird but I love the one of his sandy foot. Make sure you scrap that pic. You'll probably find now too, when your taking pics you'll take a series of them so you have enough to do a good page with
    Maybe Zander looks that bit more chubby coz his so short

Fi, good on you for leaving Shane to deal with Jenna. That's my rule too, if they get them up, they can deal with the baby. I don't think that you need to sterilise baby's spoon and bowl. Well, I don't anyway and I've never had any problems. Just make sure they are washed properly and all should be good.

Dinky, I'm sure that Hayley will do fine with her 4 month check up. Just pay the witch no mind. Get her weight and stuff checked and leave it at that.

Dee, you must be feeling very refreshed this morning after getting that good a sleep. I think I've forgotton what a full nights sleep is.

Good to hear that I'm not the only one that can't handle listening to the baby scream the house down. I called my gf up, she not long went there with her 18 month old. She gave me the ins and outs of Tresillian. Seems that there are a few light fingered girls there that like to pinch your stuff. Fantastic. She told me not to take anything tohat is valuable with me - like favorite stuff as it gets oinched. I'd like to see them try and pinch our stuff. Apparently you have a wardrobe in your room and you have a key to it so I guess I'll have to look my stuff up in it. I was thinking about taking some scrapbooking stuff with me so I can get some scrapping done there. I plan to try and keep to myself in there.

Noah has just gone down and Tehya has been down for about 30 minutes now. She is coming down with a cold now, runny nose and a slight fever. Hopefully she kicks it fast or we aren't allowed to go to Tresillian.

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

Fi - I was an hour away from calling you to see if all was ok because you haven't been on much lately and there was your post! Yay for the new nappies! I will have to come and check them out. Urrgh @ Shane letting Jenna play when she should be asleep. Maybe it's a plus to have a DH that isn't proactive in any which way with the baby - he just leaves it all to me..... naaahhh... you are still pretty lucky with how handy he is with kids With the bowls and spoons - apparently your dishwasher gets hot enough that it actually sterilises. I was told to just pop bottles in the dishwasher and not worry about sterilising because it does it already. So I am gathering the bowls would be sterilised too. I have just been washing Gabby's bowls and spoons by hand. She puts so much in her mouth now so I figure, so long as they are clean, sterilising doesn't matter so much now. I still do her bottles and dummies tho.

Trish - I hope Tehya isn't getting another cold! Geeez.. you guys have had your fair share of illness. Oooaahh @ the light fingers at Tresillian... honestly, you think people would have better stuff to do than nick stuff from young families. Sheesh.

Dee - 11 hours! Woo hoo! I wish Gabby would go back to sleeping that long. Stick to your guns with your MIL. You are right, things are very different now and she can't bully you into feeding Matthew solids before both of you are ready.

Went to the library at 12 only to find it didn't open until 2pm!! OMG! Of course, Gabby was getting all tired by 1:45pm and do you think I paid attention to when it closes?? Nooooooo! Idiert! I think it's 4pm. If she gets up before then, I will make one last dash.
    I laybyed some clothes at Target. I was a bit disappointed at just how summery the clothes are. What happened to spring?? So most of it I got in size 0 because it will be warmer by the time Gabby is in that size. I say that and what's the bet she has a massive growth spurt and is in size 1 by xmas??

Sorry Fi, we were posting at the same time & I missed yours. What a pain that Shane got Jenna all riled up like that, Aaron has learnt now not to do it. Yay at the new nappies too, sounds like they are a good investment.

I think I might enlarge & frame the sandy foot photo like Shannon suggested Trish, but who said I can't frame it & scrap it as well! LOL at Zander looking chubby cos he's short - what do you expect, look at how tall his mother is How bad is that - someone stealing stuff at Tresillian, at least there are locked cupboards to use.

Deb you're having a shocker trying to get to the library aren't you! That's interesting about the dishwasher sterilising the bottles etc cos it gets hot enough - I still dishwasher them & sterilise.

Got my scrapbooking stuff & decided that's it no more for a while cos I am spending waaay too much! I got some baby eyelets (hands, feet, dummies, bottles, rattles) & some punches from Big W.

Hi girls... Geezzz it's been busy in here today!!

Deb... sorry I had to laugh at your library luck!! I think you will be safe with size 0 and 1 for summer (1 for late summer early autumn). I have Violet in 00, and have had for a while now. I bought some really cheap stuff in Big W a couple of months ago for summer and I got size 0.
    Yay for Gab going ok with her first try of solid food

Sarah, I am in hte process of looking at Zanders pics now . I'll have to get my ass into gear and get some new ones of Violet up. I tried to used Photosite cause you could have heaps more pics but my comp only has 32 meg RAM.... It's kinda old!! I wish I had the $$ to update!

Trish, I remember seeing a settling video and they don't do controlled crying with babies under 6mo... so hopefully you don't have to be too worried about it. Fingers crossed Tehya's cold does last long (I can't believe she has another one!! Grrr).
    Happy 5months to Tehya too

Fi, yay for new stuff ... just goes to show how exciting a SAHM life can be...lol. I hope Jenna got a sleep today

Dee, yay for Daddy tiring Matthew out .

Dink, yay ofr the final countdown!! You must be exhausted just thinking about it!!

Violet is asleep now, unusally she didn't have a sleep between the last two feeds, so I put her in her JJ and there she stayed for aaaages (like an hour)... she loves it and bounces around like a kangaroo!!
    Booked my car in for a service and was told that my car will need a timing belt relacement... so it will cost me about $600!! Urgh!! Usually I wouldn't have that kind of $$ but the government have given me some, so there it goes . I wish I lived closer to town so I didn't have to drive it so often!!

Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

Tanya - bugger about the car. It's so painful to spend money on the darn things, isn't it? We rely on them so much yet they are such a pain in the bum! LOL @ Violet bouncing around like a kangaroo in the JJ. I should have put Gabby in it today. She has been a right-royal little cow the last hour or so. I put her to bed and she is sleeping for now - I hope she stays that way for a while!

Hi everyone,
    Oh I have sat too close to my computer screen and ended up with the head cold.
    I thought I hated being sick before hand but when you have a bub wanting attention and your head is thumping along it takes on a whole new
    level of sickness.
    The only great side to it is that I now have a baby that sleeps throu the night, I new it happen sometime. \/
    Sorry no personals my brain would bust up just trying to catch up ](*,)
    Trying to stay up long enough to watch house...ohh "trying to live my medical dream" lol
    I think I may have to inhale some caffine " towel over the head style" lol
    Bec
    30 days to solids #-o

Wow! Seems like everyone's popped in!!

Jacob did really well at the health centre on Tuesday - he's a smidge under 6 kgs and is 63cm long. He's still doing brilliantly on his rice cereal. Christian fed it to him this afternoon and Jacob just kept giggling at him LOL!

Sarah - The new pics of Zander at the beach are gorgeous! Those footprint ones would make a really cool scrapbooking page!

Bec - Sorry to hear you're not feeling to good. Hope you managed to stay up for House - it was really good. I love that show.

Tanya - Bummer about the car! LOL at Violet in her jj. MIL has bought one for us but we will have to wait until she pops down for a visit or we can go and visit her. I can't wait to get it - all my boys have loved it and I'm sure Jacob won't be any different.

Hope everyone is good. Once again it is way past my attempted bedtime when I'm finally posting #-o

Hey Girls,

Happy 5 months to Eliza

Trish I just read my post and I said I hope tehya's cold does last too long... ooops!! You know what I ment, I hope it doesn't last too long.

Bec sorry about the head cold!! ICK!!

Nat, Great to hear Jacob is doing well . I can only imagine how much Jacob will love his JJ, Ino wonder you can't wait to get it.

Violet got up for a 1am feed last night #-o Her hands are norty!! They always wake her up!! I have started wrapping her again to try and combat her evil hands, but sometimes it doesn't work ](*,) . I tried wrapping her again and putting her dummy back in, but she was too awake by this time...grrrr... oh well.

Hope you are all well

Tanya

Mum's group yesterday & boy did we get a surprise! We were talking about someone's friend who was pregnant & Laura (the girl who's house we were at) pulls out a u/s to show us. We're like yeah so what Joshua's u/s & she says that it was only taken yesterday :shock: So one of mum's is pregnant again already! Joshua was born January 15th & the new bub is due February 29th. We all just said OMG how are you going to do it?!

LOl at Violet's evil hands. Zander's tend to wake him up if they get too cold. Grrr at the car needing to be fixed, I so know what that feels like ATM.

Jacob must be tall & skinny Nat - Zander is about 7.5kg & 61cm!

Soo true about being sick is sooo different now with a baby! Yay on sleeping through the night as well - Zander did on Tuesday night 11pm-9am but no such luck last night.

Not much happening round here at the moment. Although I did have quite a bizarre dream last night. Our mum's group was somewhere (?) and there was an ECHN there. Anyway shes talking about solids to everyone then goes to see each person indiviaually. She comes to me & I say he's too little for solids at the moment & she goes right off saying look at how big he is, you should have him on solids now, are you trying to starve him or something, and going on & on & on. Very weird!

Debbie Lee Guest

What an odd dream, Sarah!! Ooooerr @ one of the Mums in you MG being pregnant already. She has got her work cut out for her

Tanya - grrr @ Violet's hands waking her up all the time. I think it's only a matter of time before Gabby figures out how to get her hands out too. If I leave her in her cot for a while after she wakes up (sometimes she just talks to her mobile), her little hands sneak out so she can suck on them. I am just wanting her to get through winter before she figures it out in the middle of the night!

Nat - LOL @ Jacob giggling while Christian gave him his cereal. What a cutey! Sounds like he is doing brilliantly!

Bec - sorry to hear you are feeling so ick. It is 1000 times worse with a baby, isn't it? Yay 4 Eliza sleeping through the night! I popped in at Kmart yesterday so that Karen could have a cuddle of Gabby. I managed to distract them all from their work - well, Gabby did!! LOL

Off to the MCHN in half an hour but Gabby is still asleep... typical! I betcha if we didn't have somewhere to be she would be wide awake by now. Ah well. It's only a 1 minute drive up the road so it's not that imperative that she wakes up.
    She was a bugger last night. I don't know what was wrong with her but she just wouldn't stop screaming. She wouldn't sleep, wouldn't eat, didn't want the dummy, was happy in the bath but back to screaming when Neil dressed her (I couldn't handle the screaming so I made him dress her). I'm thinking it may be teeth because her cheeks are a little red today and she has been pooing more. She has gone from a poo every second day to at least 2 a day.... hmmm... Could be the farex too so I am going to go a few days without it to see if that is the culprit.

Michelle and Alex - Welcome and Happy 3 months to Alex.

Nat - Glad to hear Jacob`s doing well but I agree with Sarah he must be tall and skinny,considering Matthew was 7.1 kg and 62.8cms at 11 weeks :shock: yet for his weight Matthew doesn`t look chubby. LOL at Jacob giggling at Christian while he`s trying to feed him. Hope you get the JJ soon, Jacob will love it.

Sarah - Wow that one of the girls is pregnant again, I think I better keep my mouth closed here :-# LOL at your dream, I`m sure your not starving him

Tanya - LOL at Violets evil hands, I tried to put Matthews under his covers last night but they never stay there and he always kicks his blankets off and it was really cold last night somehow he seems to sleep through frozen hands

Deb - Did you manage to get to the library?

Nothing much happening here Matthew is sleeping through still, he had his biggest sleep ever on Tuesday night - 12 hours, when he woke I took him to his change table but on the way I hit his head on the door, poor baby screamed and I felt terrible especially since a big lump came up on his head, it`s looking better today and I`d be the only one who would know it`s there now. I was really glad we weren`t going to see the MCHN yesterday 8-[

Take Care

Deeanne

Sorry Deb posting at the same time. I hope Gabby is feeling better today. It`s always the way they are asleep when you want to go somewhere. Good luck at your MCHN appointment, I`m sure she`s doing fine.

Fi - Just want to ask you something - Do you class Jenna as being half Kiwi?? I mentioned to Mark the other day that Matthew was half Kiwi, I got a no he isn`t he`s a full Aussie. I look at it like I`m a Kiwi, Mark`s an Aussie so he`s got to be half and half. What do you think?

Hey Dee, I would class Matthew as 1/2 Kiwi as well. Ouchie on the bump on the head as well, we had an incident after MG was here last week & one of the bubs has a bump on his head too.

Always the way hey Deb, bubs sleep when you don't want them too & dont when you do! (did that make sense?!) I hope little miss Gab is better today, I wonder if it is the farax?

Thanks Sarah

Hi girls,
    Happy to say I think I am feeling a little better.
    Deb: Hope Gabby's tummy settles down, Maybe your MHCN can shed some light. I was going to call down and see Kaz yesterday..but it was soo cold.
    Tanya: Gotta hate those hands, I still laugh cause we put Eliza in her sleeping bag and she looks like a star can't bend the elbow cause of the padding..lol
    Nat: Jacob sounds like he is a star feeder,I'm sure he will love his jj.
    Sarah: OMG 2 bubs neally under 1. lol at dreams about MCHN, haunting you in your sleep!
    Dee: Ouchies for head bump!! I thought a couple of weeks ago to buy eliza a stack hat...damm car doors.
    Ahh better run, even though I resigned work just rang and asked if I wanted to do a few hrs a week....I hate making decisions, it took me 6 months to decide not to go back.
    Have a great day
    Bec

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast