Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 Months - 6 Months, May '05

Default 3 Months - 6 Months, May '05

Welcome to the 3 Months to 6 Months thread for May 2005!

To have any of your details included in this thread, please reply to this post and a moderator will add you to the list.

3 Months to 6 Months List - May '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl
    Baby Name(s):
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.)
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Mipsy
    State: WA
    Baby's DOB: 10th December, 2004
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7lb 5oz (3330gm), Length - 53cm, Head Circ - 31cm,
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Ashleigh Anne
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) None
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 2 days overdue, labour started naturally, only 6hr from start to finish, took only 50 minutes to get from 2cm-9cm dilated - she wanted out! vacum used as stuck in transverse (? didn't fully turn in birth canal) position but nil problems.

Forum Name: doe_like_beauty
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 11 December 2004
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 9lb 7oz (4290g) Length - 50cms Head Circ - 35cms
    Baby Name(s): Lily May Ellen
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/lilymayellen/
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) none yet
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 1 week overdue, induced because of high blood pressure.

Forum Name: Beth
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 11th December, 2004
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lb 14oz Length - 53.5cm Head Circ - 37cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Kaleb John

Forum Name: Jessica123
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 20/12/04
    Baby's Stats:Weight - 9pounds 9ounces Length -52.5cm Head Circ - 35.5cm
    Baby Name(s): Aidan James
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/a/aidan10122004
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 8 days overdue, induced

Forum Name: hindonly
    State: Qld
    Baby's DOB: 31/12/2004
    Baby Name(s): Cara Katherine
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/h/hindonly/
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: Emer. Caeser : 1hr 10 mins before her edd

Forum Name: Suzie
    State: Tasmania
    Baby's DOB: 11/01/05
    Baby Name(s): Dominic David William
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/d/dommie
    Health Concerns: slight tongue tie,a few problems feeding
    Notes: 3 1/2 weeks early...
    __________________________________________________ ____________

Forum Name: Scarlett
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB 6th February, 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3390g, 49cm, 34cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Girl
    Baby Name(s): Emily Marie
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) Wind, day/night confusion
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 6 days early

Forum Name: firsttimedad (Rob)
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 7/2/2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - W:7p12oz - L:49cm
    Baby Name(s): Nathaniel Jaymes Hoskin
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/n/nathanieljaymes/
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) None at this stage.
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 5 weeks Prem

Forum Name: Naomi
    State: SA
    Baby's DOB: 14th February, 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 7lb 3oz - 48cms - 34cms
    Baby's Name: Ryan Lewis
    Baby's Website: none yet
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: Ended up being a repeat c-section due to turning breech at the last minute.

Forum Name: nellbe
    State:Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 17th February, 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3700g - 51cm - 33cm
    Baby Name(s): Matthew Albert
    Baby's Website: none yet
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) none yet
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) born on due date

Forum Name: Pam21
    State: Queensland
    Baby's DOB: 22 February 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3400gm - 52 cm - ?
    Baby Name(s): Tahlia Claire
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.)

Hello girls,

a new month - I can't believe it's May. Didn't I just say yesterday, I can't believe it's April, where did March go? I'm getting old...

Kathryn, btw. Bon_w, Dachlostar and Kelly (BB) have graduated to 6-9 months now. Which reminds me: Happy (belated) 1/2 year birthday Elijah!!!

Not much news from this end. Wolf is still a bit snotty but at least he's back to just waking twice at night (what would I give for just once... or not at all... but it's an improvement from 4-5 times!).

I hope everyone is well. The weather here is getting gorgeous. Spring is here in full swing and the trees are so gorgeous with all their cherry and almond blossoms!

Snowy

Not much happening here either. Lily is just loving her puree apple and cries when she is finished, looking at the bowl because she wants more!

Snowy, glad Wolf is feeling better and letting you get more sleep. Sounds like the weather is great there. Here is doesn't know what it's doing. Cold in the morning, boiling hot in the middle of the day but cold again at night.

I can't believe it is May either. It has gone sooo fast. Feels like only a week or 2 doesn't it?

Hi there

I haven't posted for a while, but I have just come in to say farewell for now as I move on to the 6-9 months forum - I can't believe Grace is 6 months old already! See you girls soon!

Hi girls, hope you're all well. Bye Bon, see you in the next forum soon! Hey Kerrie, how exciting to see bub in the u/s being so active! Snowy, glad to hear Wolf is on the mend. Tegan, sounds like Lily is loving the solids, that's great!

Thanks heaps for your advice girls. Christy, the books are a great idea. I think being around other involved fathers would be great for DH - the guys he works with who have kids didn't really have much to do with them as babies, so they are not at all sympathetic. Anyway, we had a big discussion on how to manage things, as Kaleb has been getting more and more unsettled over the past 4 weeks. Took him to the doctor to rule out any medical causes, then yesterday we had a mothercraft nurse come over. She was here for 3 hours and we went through everything with her - she really seemed to know her stuff, and was very reassuring. So we are going to try things her way for a week and see if it works. But at least DH and I agreed that the most important thing for Kaleb is a happy home and loving parents, so we are determined not to keep arguing!

Yay Beth, sounds like a big step towards everyone's happiness. DH and I feel exactly the same, especially me. As soon as DH raises his voice, I immediately remind him that Aidan may only be 4 months old but very impressionable, and I hate the feeling when we are yelling in front of him.

Nothing to report here, just trying to get Aidan to sleep until 7am again, it was such a nice routine while it lasted, but he always seems to wake between 4 and 6am now, ready to start the day!

Jess

Jess, Aidan is just gorgeous - I love the pic of him in your signature! I totally agree, they may only be babies but they can pick up bad vibes. Bummer about the early mornings - it is so hard when you think you've got the routine down pat, then they go and change it! Mind you, Kaleb has never slept past 5.30am, so I am pretty used to early starts. The good news is that he did 10 hours again last night, I am so happy, and so is DH...the world is a beautiful place after 8 hours straight sleep!!

Default reply

Forum Name: nadia
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB:21/10/04
    Baby Name(s):William John Mitchell
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: colic, very happy chucker (big time)
    Notes: Born @ 4.46am after a 14hr labor, contractions started at 3pm the day b4, and were on top of each other the entire 14hrs. Had epidural but didn't work and he was born at 35 weeks and 6 days.

Hi Nadia

your actually in the 6-9mth forum. William just turned 6mths didn't he ??

Love

Beth, you sound so much happier in your post, I'm happy that your happy!Thanks, yep he is a bit of a cutie (and a show off!). The 6am starts may have been a blessing in disguise as I just came back from a job i/view where I would need to leave home by 7:30am anyway. Job is 2 days per week, so Mum can look after Aidan. The only down point is Mum lives 1hr away so she would have to leave very early to get to my house by 7-7:30am. I'll keep you posted.

Jess

Lily rolled over from tummy to back yesterday 3 times, im so proud of her!

Jess, i love Aidan's pic too, hes so cute!

Beth, glad things are starting to work out, hoping it keeps up.

Bon, see you soon, not long for us!

yeah on rolling front to back 3 times, Tegan!

hope everyone is well. not much to report from this end. Wplf was really grumpy yesterday - so out of character... I think he didn't get enough sleep (it was 30 deg - unusually warm for May in Germany - maybe that's why?)

Snowy

Tegan, thanks. And well done Lily, it must be much easier when they can roll both ways!

Snowy, Aidan too has been very grizzly which is so unlike him. I tried potato and pumpkin tonight as he seemed constantly hungry. I also thought he could be teething. I gave him a little baby panadol at about 6pm and fed him at about 6:30pm and he was snoring by 7pm!

Jess

Hello lovely ladies! Just sticking my nose in to see how you are all going with your bubs. Can't believe that many of you are nearly 6 months and my little man is nearly 3 months! Time is just flying by.

Wow, you guys are talking about teething and solids. That just seems so grown up!

Poor Lily is so upset. Had to take DP to the airport because he has a job interview near the gold coast(praying he gets it), so i think Lily knows because she is always upset when he has gone out without us. A real daddy's girl! At the moment she has tears streaming down her face and has since 10am and nothing i go is helping her at all

Nice to hear from you Nell. Wow Matthew is almost 3mths that has gone really quick. Lily will be 5mths next Wednesday, i can't believe it!

Hey Jess, I've got my fingers crossed for you! Let us know how you go. Two days a week sounds perfect! I hope Aidan is okay now.

Tegan, I hope DH's interview goes well, and that Lily is now a happy girl!

Nell, see you in here soon!

Things are going really well with Kaleb, apart from the fact that he now seems to wake at 4am instead of 5am, but will normally go back to sleep after a feed for another hour or two. Huge improvement on how things were! He freaks me out how far he can get by rolling now - can't leave him unsupervised on the floor anymore. He is loving the solids which is great, but is turning his nose up more and more at the bottle. Makes feed time quite trying!

Lily is still very upset, but not for long! DP got the job so i'm going up there on Sunday! WooHoo!!! I'm finally moving! I've lived here for the 19years of my life and boy does it feel good to know i'm getting out!

Oh Tegan, that's great news! We could do with some "getting-job-vibes" here too - yeah on moving! That should be exciting!!

Hi Nell! yeah on being member of the month! IKWYM - it goes so quickly... the other day I was packing away Wolf's tiny 0000 clothes and I couldn't believe that he used to fit into them! So weird... See you here soon! (though I'll be crossing over to 6-9 months then..)

Beth, does Kaleb just wake once at night? That's pretty good. Wolf still wakes twice... but last night he hardly ate anything, so maybe he is getting ready to sleep through.. .that would be great. My boob was soooo huge this morning because he hardly had any at night and when I gave him breakie at 8:15 and he pulled away, the milk just kept shooting out... I had to pump an extra 100ml to 'deflate' my boob a bit

Jess, oh - hmm.. I wonder if they are having a growth spurt?? Or maybe it is teeth.. oh no.. I don't want him to have teeth yet... that seems so grown up (and scary with the b/f....). How did he like potato and pumpkin?? I tried some papaya yesterday and Wolf loved it! I have only tried fruit so far and a bit of yoghurt... I will try some carrots next week I think...

It's a long weekend here (ascention day) and I'll have visitors for 4 days, so if I don't post untill Sunday, don't worry, I haven't fallen of the face of the earth. Oh..better go and do some cleaning before the guests come... *sigh*

Snowy

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast