Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 3 Months - 6 Months, May '05

Scarlett Guest

Hey guys,

Snowy - Our car trips were getting so bad we ended up turning emily around early. We have watched her pretty closley and as she has really great control over her head its not a problem. It has made things a bit easier, she will only cry now if it is a long trip and she is getting cranky anyway. Previously she would scream the whole way if she was awake. Have you always just put wolf down?? I would like to do this with Em as she will go to sleep but only if nursed and already drowsy, if not she just screams and will work herself up into quite a state.

Colleen -I think godparents are primarily a religious thing and are named as part of a christening ceremony. However I don't see why you cant have them without this as you are really just saying 'these people are special to us', which is a really nice gesture.

We are currently trying to convince emily to take a bottle as she will have to go to daycare in about 4 weeks. Trying to find a teat that is the right shape and flow rate is proving challenging. Have ended up poking extra holes in the 'y' cut pidgeon one to see if that helps.

Welcome Rob (firsttimedad) to the forum. Can't belive little Nathaniel is 3 mths old already !!!

Love

Welcome Rob and Scarlett!

Colleen, Jaykob is such a beautiful boy! Let us know how you get on at the next baby show! I think if you'd like to have godparents for Jaykob, go for it - there are no set rules when it comes to that sort of thing.

I'm another one guilty of turning the car seat around ASAP. As soon as Kaleb was 8kg anyway, which was the minimum recommended weight for forward facing for our seat. It has made such a difference to the way he travels, before he would scream the whole time, now he'll even fall asleep! He loves it when I open the back windows, so the wind is blowing in his face - has to be good weather for that though!

Can't believe he is 5 months today - time sure does fly!

Hey everyone,

We're still in the process of moving. Staying at DP's mums near Tweed Heads. Looked at a flat today, looks nice. Will fill out an application for it tonight and send it in, if we get it we'll prob move in in 2 weeks.

Jacob is loving his new job aswell.

Lily is much better now she has her daddy back! She's 5mths old today, i can't beleive it.

Hope everyone else is well. Sorry for no personals, have not much time here at the moment. Will have heaps more when we get a place of our own. Hopefully that won't be too long!

Hello girls,

yes, I do put Wolf down just awake at night. Sometimes drowsy, other times still wide awake. If he is wide awake he will lie there for up to an hour, wrestling his little stuffed "bog" (we can't make up our mind if it's a dog or bear, so we refer to it as the bog, he he).

Wolf is sometimes good in his car seat, but especially on long trips he gets really cranky now. It was fine when he was little. He would just sleep and sleep and sleep, but now he is awake and cranky. We bought a new car seat from 9kg which I'll hopefully get to use soon (wolf will be weighed and measured in 10 days at the paed). It faces the driving direction and not the other way round like the capsule. The capsule can't be turned around (it's a European system by a company called maxi cosi, very popular here).

Today we'll go babyswimming for the first time. Very curious to see how Wolf will go and what they will do. Feeling very self conscious about being in swimmers though.... when we were in Oz I never went to the beach, just swam in IL-pool when no one was around. I am wondering if I should wear my fake boob but I'm afraid it might float off... plus everyone would see me putting it in and taking it out in the change room anyways (no private change rooms, was there for my ante-natal class 1/2 a year ago). (for the new ones: I have a DD cup and an A cup because I am just feeding from one side)

Okay, Wolf has commando crawled to the speakers and is chewing on the cables... better go!!!

Snowy

Colleen Guest

Hi....

Just a quick post... I took Jaykob into an modelling agency today, Took me hour to get there and hour home.... lol :/ very tired

Its $395 for one year, thats including a website and headshots etc. I came home and thought about it and I still have alot of homework to do, but they want my answer in 48 hours because they are having an 'intake'

So Im hoping someone here may have had any experience in the field?

Any reccomendations? Good Experiences? If so, who with? Costs? anything!! hahahaha

Thanks! - Colleen

ps i wont say the agency name til i see what happens!

Welcome Scarlett and Rob!!

Colleen, hmm, not sure about this one. It seems a lot of money to fork over. I guess if you are gonna do it, at least use a 'well known' agency. Not really sure, what about looking up feedback on the internet?

Had so much more to say and I suddenly have baby brain!

Cuddles to all the bubbas!

Jess

Hello girls,

Colleen, to be honest, it sounds like a money-making-scheme. I wouldn't do it - it's an awful lot of money. I think I would only let my child do any of that kind of work if I was approached by a company on the street and they'd pay for all the expenses and not the other way round.

re. the godparents thingie: well, I think godparents are a religious thing and part of a christening/baptism. If you want something non-religious, I'd ask someone to be a (legal) guardian.

Wolf has had a few difficult nights (awake for 1-2 hours at 3 a.m.) and I am soooooooo tired. I thought that around 6 months, it would get easier, not harder... *sigh*

My mom was here from Wednesday to Sunday, so have been a bit quiet. It was good to have her here and I could see how much she enjoyed having Wolf around all day!

Snowy

Hey everyone, it's a bit quiet in here! Everyone's bub keeping them busy?

Snowy, sorry to hear Wolf's not sleeping so good... hope things are better now. Must have been great to have your mum around for those days!

Hey Jess, how's the job working out?

Well, the last 2 nights (touch wood!) have been the best we've had in months ... 11 hours, woohoo! Gotta be happy about the good times cos you never know when the bad nights will come back! Kaleb has just mastered the 'ba' sound, so when he is happy it is ba ba ba constantly, which is very cute! Going into my work for a visit tomorrow - I'm wondering what sort of emotions this will stir...

Scarlett Guest

Hi everyone,

Snowy I am taking Emily to caloundra to meet my grandmother next week and I can't wait to see how they get on.

She has been really unsettelled the last two days, woke up at 3am for the first time in about a month last night and has been really cross today. Fingers crossed she settles downsoon.

Oh Beth, I'm so jealous! 11 hours!! I wish.. Wolf doesn't seem to sleep for more than 4 hours in a row... bugger...
    let us know how the work visit went!

Scarlett, oh, that should be nice for Em to meet her great-grandmother!!

Wolf had some sweet potoato yesterday and loved it!

Snowy

Hi Everyone,

Well my little man is 3 months old now. *sigh* I just can't believe it.

I haven't been well - sick for the last week but Matty is well, he is sleeping right through the night and has just started grabbing things - so cute!

Catch up with you all later and hope you are all well.

Mods - can someone please transfer my details across? Thanks

Oh Nell, sorry to hear you're not well. It's such hard work with a bub at the best of times, let alone when you're sick. Glad to hear Matty is sleeping through, at least you can get some rest.

Snowy, glad to hear Wolf likes the sweet potato. This is one of Kaleb's favourites too. It freezes well, unlike the normal potato which goes kind of rubbery when you defrost it.

Work visit was good. Kaleb behaved himself, which was great considering how much he was passed around from person to person. I thought that I'd come away thinking 'wow, I'm so glad I'm out of there!' but I realised I was actually missing it a little bit. Of course, everyone thought I was mad when I told them this!

Hi everyone,

well my baby is 3months now too it goes way too fast
    We have all had flu too Nell, it's been a nightmare, poor Ryan has a blocked nose and a cough.

I hope you are all well

Take care

Colleen Guest

hey everyone,

well Jaykob rolled over for the first time last night, he could already roll from his front to back but hadnt quite conquered the back to front. It was amazing to watch his reaction to our reactions \/ lol IYKWIM

Jaykob has only just started sleeping in his own room as after we got back from our travels, we stayed with the in laws for a little while, Im suprised at how well he is sleeping in there. :smt023

I drop into the IRC belly belly chat channel every now and then and havent really seen anyone in there, does anyone go in there? :-s
    I noticed there is a chat scheduled for tommorrow (friday) 1pm? I'll be there!

I have updated Jaykobs website with a few pics, I have hundreds but it takes so long to upload them, (dial-up net at the moment)

Welcome to anyone thats come across , I cant believe I only have one more month til Jaykob is 6 months. It really brings to light how fast life flys by...

I hope everyone is well, (its very quiet in here!) and maybe I'll see you in the chat 2moro!!

Night - Colleen :boggle: <--- thats me i been on the net tooo long

Bubs get more demanding of our attention nowadays don't they? I find my spare time dimishing. Yesterday I was trying to organise the house as we moved 3 weeks ago and there is still stuff everywhere. I keep forgetting about the chats, I'll see if I am free then.

Plus the flu hasn't helped - quite alot of us have had it.

Colleen - yay for Jaykob!! We keep hanging out for Matthew to roll over, he is close but not quite there yet.

Hope you are all well.

Me again! Well Matty did it today, he rolled over, stomach to back for the first time today - very exciting!

Yeah Nellbe on Matty rolling front to back! Before you know it, he'll be roaming around the house!! We are getting a play pen next week - just in time. Wolf looks like he's about to take off. Nothing is safe anymore - he can get everywhere now. He can curl his legs under now and sometimes will sit there rocking back and forth.. not long til he can really crawl around - not just commando crawl! Scary!

Well, tomorrow he'll be 6 months and I have to move to the next forum - just as all the new girls here are arriving! Welcome Naomi!

Snowy

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast