Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 3 Years - 5 Years, Sept to Nov '05

Lachlan gave up a bottle before bed just after he turned 1 and I think Kameron was around the same age.

Kameron gave up naps during the day not long after he turned 2. Lachlan is 18mth old and still has 1 nap a day. Today it was 3 hours \/

There is no right or wrong answer, if he wants a bottle of a night and wants to sleep during the day then let him. Nobody else can tell you what to do.

Love

Hi - Cait was about 14 months when I stopped the last bottle, but then she still had a cup or half a cup of milk before before bed for some time after that. That last snuggly bottle of the day is hard to give up !

Afternoon naps stopped around the same time she went into the big bed, also 14 months.

Barb.

i totally agree with Kathryn....Noone can tell you what you should and shouldnt do with him....Em was still having a bottle right up until Dominic was born,and then when she stayed with a friend while i was in hospital,the friend took it off her without even asking whether that was ok with me....
    She used to have one of a nighttime,and one during the night,and usually one when she got up of a morning and then one when she got home from daycare of an evening time....
    i didnt care what people thought about her being 3.5 and still having a bottle,as she has always been really small and it was accounting for a fair bit of her nutrition during the day as she never (and still doesnt) eat a lot....
    She was only bf for about 6 weeks too,which means she was more attached to her bottle than a lot of other kids who have been bf for longer....
    AS for the day sleeps,that is something my kids have never really done past 18 months,but it is also up to you to decide...and IMO,i really think a child should still be having a rest at least during the day (which i know Emily and Jessica both have quiet time at daycare and at school)
    Dont let anyone influence you in your decision making,it is completely up to you how you raise your child.....
    *steps down off soapbox*

I would say just be happy he has a gentle nature Jillian. The last thing you would want is to be getting phone calls saying that your son hit another child or something. So IMO it would be better just for him not to worry about it too much and go find something else to do, like he has been doing.

Love

Yep i know what you mean. Kameron knows how to punch, but has never done it towards another kid and will normally only do it if we are play fighting or something, but I would hate to ever get a phone call to say he had punched another child.

Love

Awww I had to go into the Kindy building today to speak to one of the teachers and I had to walk past the parent pockets, something caught my attention so I looked and Kameron's name was up there listed on a parent pocket. With a letter in it already

It is all too real now !!

Love

aahhhh Kinda pockets - let the fundraising begin !

When I played netball, Cait used to go the the creche at the center there. After my first game, the creche manager said she needed to speak to me privately about Cait .... you can imagine I was thinking the worst ... it turned out to be that she had got out the creche door under someones legs and out into the hall of the center, but the manager just had to inform me that it had happened !

We were at a park on saturday with a bunch of other kids and one little boy was doing power ranger moves in Cait which looked like some sort of karate thing which she didn't like at the time. But the next day, I was watching her at home and she was playing power rangers with the chou chou doll ! The doll was the pink power ranger and she was a yellow one !

Barb.

Already done quite a bit of fundraising. Playgroup alone raised just under $1000 in the last couple of months, so that was great. Was a nice chunk to pay back into the kindy budget for our new shed and sandpit that they paid for.

Have a garage sale coming up as well.

Love

Im glad Emily isnt an argumentative type with kids at playgroup and at kindy....
    We have been fine here...Emily went to prekinder on tues and loved it again,she got to do some cutting out and bring home a book about Spot,she is carrying it everywhere with her!!!
    it was so funny...She was sitting there in kinder with another little girl and i was talking to the other little ones mum,when Em came out and said "mum,all the kids in this room are in my class arent they?" When i answered yes to her,she clapped and cheered!! LOL!!
    i think she is happy to have a class to call her own after watching her sisters going to school for ages,and she wasnt allowed to go...she has been asking me to go to school since late last year,and i dont think she can wait to go by herself...She wanted me to leave her at prekinder the other day!!! lol,i dont think so....
    hope everyone is well,Dommie and i have the flu so i am praying Em doesnt catch it again!!

Aww that is so cute at her clapping and cheering cause she has a class of her own. It will be Kameron's 1st big day tomorrow !!! He said something about going to playgroup earlier and I said "No your going to Kindy tomorrow and Lachlan will goto playgroup while you are at kindy" he thought about it for a while and said "Lachlan can goto Kindy Mum, I will goto playgroup" LMAO poor kid.

Love

Well Kam's first day went a bit like this

We got there and he was okayish. I showed him where to hang his hat and his bag. He stayed right next to me and didn't really venture off. I found the magnet lego and he played with that for a little while, so I managed to go and do some stuff while he played. Then he did some drawing and was okay with that as well. He did some gluing and by now we were about 30mins into the session, so I said "are you okay, mummy is going to take Lachlan to playgroup now" he said "NO ! and clung to me for dear life"

I got up so he got up too hugging my leg, and Grace (one of the teachers) turned on the computer for him. When grace finished showing him what to do he played with that for a little while, till I got up to let another little boy sit down, so Kameron got up too. He wanted his hat on, but I had to explain thta he isn't allowed to wear hats inside, so he wanted to go outside, but again I said you have to wait till Grace has her hat on then you can go outside. Thankfully about a min later Grace put her hat on and went outside.

He was fine outside, he actually left my side to go outside and didn't worry about me not being there. So I finally got to playgroup.

For his snack I gave him an apple and a Banana. I heard grace ask him if he wanted his fruit, so she helped him get his lunch box out and he sat down and ate his banana. When he finished his banana he got up to play again. Grace saw him and asked him if he had finished his snack, so he went back to the table and sat and ate his apple as well. Grace meant if he had finsihed to put his lunchbox away. He thought he HAD to eat the apple too.

He must have put his lunchbox away and then went back and played. They started tidying up etc ready for story time and Di another teacher asked him to go inside. So he came to me wanting me to go with him. I said "You can go in by yourself Kameron, go and sit down for a story" so that was okay with him *phew* and I didn't hear boo from him again till I had to collect him.

So not a bad day in the end thankfully.

Love

kirsty Guest

Glad that Kameron had an okay day in the end. I'm sure that before you know it he'll be fine when it comes time for you to go.

I'm glad that Kam had an ok day, and thankfully that first time is over and done with now, so hopefully he will get used to it very quickly!
    How many times a week is he going to Kindy?

He only does Kindy one day a week at the moment and that goes for a term. IMO it really sucks doing it in the last term because he is going to have about a 8wk break for xmas holidays and then do full time when they go back at the end of Jan next year. So come that first day he is going to be like it all over again ](*,)

Love

Hi, hope it's not too late to join in. Only just found this forum

Forum Name: Helen.P
    State:TAS
    Baby's DOB:02/10/02
    Gender of Baby:Girl
    Baby's Name:Bella (Isabella)
    Baby's Website:NA
    Health Concerns:Intoeing on right foot, severe leg pains
    Notes:Bella was born 3weeks early 8pds 51cm. She is very tall and within her weight range but can be unconfident due to problems with legs. Recently had blood tests, thankfully everything came back clear.

Re the problems with her legs, has anyone else out there had any problems with your children. I would love to hear from you.
    thanks Helen

Hi Helen.

Great to have you and Bella with us

Love

Kathryn - when Cait started pre kinda/3yo at the start of the year there were clingy kids then and even with two weeks off for holidays, they were still a bit unsure when they came back.

3 sessions a week next year will be weird - I run around now and get things done while she's in for 2.5 hours a week.

Barbs woo hoo - we were looking at a picture book last night, called 'at pre school' with the cardboard pages and four pictures on each page with a one or two word description underneath, not a reading book, just really to look at the pictures and talk about what you can do at kinda.

Anyway - there is a picture of a bathroom sink, and Cait says 'bathroom' and I asked her to look at the word underneath and tell me the letters and she says b-a-s-i-n (waits a second) and says basin and beams at me knowing she has done something special ! I was most excited.

Barb.

Aww that is fantastic barb !! What a clever girl Cait is especially for such a big word as well.

Tomorrow is a big day here, Kameron will be turning 4

Love

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast