Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 3 Years - 5 Years, Sept to Nov '05

Hi - do you have anything planned for his birthday ?

What sort of pressies have you got him ?

Happy Birthday

Barb.

He is having a Hungry Jacks party on Saturday.

We got him a car racing track (like scalectrix) and also we were just given a NZ Giant Rabbit from the Kindy OMG so that is part of his present too LMAO

Love

Well today is the big day, Kameron is now 4... although he doesn't officially turn 4 till 3.20 this afternoon

So far he has got a friction powered car, a pair of pants, and pencils/textas/rulers/pens/pencil case etc with his name embossed on them. I am not allowed to give him our present till Andrew gets home LOL.

Love

Kameron had a better day at Kindy today. He was still a bit clingy and the teachers were actually questioning me about it cause he runs amok in playgroup. I said it is cause he is used to goign outside when he wants and doesn't like being cooped up inside even at home. So the teachers let the kids outside 10 mins early, and once he was outside he was great. He even went inside with other kids and played and didn't come looking for me when it was story time.

So hopefully next week he gets even better still.

Love

Kathryn and others - what do you know about structured/unstructured kinda programs ?

Caits kinda is getting a new teacher and assistant for next year and apparently the trend in our council area is for unstructured programs. From what I've heard about them, kids move from activity to activity when they want, they go in and outside when they want, eat when they want, get up and wander away if the teacher is readying a book .. a friend has just become an aide to a boy in an unstructured kinda, and she told a child not to run inside and the teacher said that was OK.

I'm going to ring our council on Monday - no one in 4yo from this year knows whats going on.

Barb.

Well from what you have said our kindy is probably half and half. They must be inside for the first 30 mins, but they can do what ever they like in that 30mins be it painting or playdough etc. Then they can go outside and come and go between inside and out until it is time to clean up (approx 10.30am) then they all have to go into a room where doors are shut and they have games and all sit down for a story. The the teacher says goodbye to them individually when she knows that the parent is there for them.

Love

Where is everyone !! We had a nice little session happening there for a couple of days LOL.

I can't belive the term is half over already. Not sure about everyone else but our last term only goes for 8wks and week 4 is almost finished.

How is everyone going.

Love

Hi Kathryn

Our term goes until the first week of December. Gabrielle goes to Preschool next year, so I went to the information day yesterday. Turns out her compulsory uniform (including hat and bag) will cost a couple of hundred dollars!!! (And she's going to a public preschool) What's the go with that?

Anyway, that little whinge said, the preschool looks excellent and the staff were competent and friendly.

Hi to everyone!

ps Kathryn I just had to laugh at your description in the 12-3 thread about the man who saw the blue whale floating past his house.

Hiya Misty.

We are only doing Kindy full time next year. Pre-School the year after. I know our school is very strict on the style of polo shirts etc as well they have to be EXACTLY the same so you can't just go buy any old blue polo shirt. So no doubt ours will be for a couple hundred at least too when Kameron starts. At least Lachlan will be following him a couple of years later, so I can keep things as he grows out of them ready for Lach.

Love

Hi guys,i am still here,but just been AWOL for a while...
    Em is doing good at prekinder...Ours is structured the same as yours Kathryn,so they have playtime,story time,and then they have some fruit and then they go home...
    Congrats to Kameron on the big 4! Sorry i missed it
    Yay for Cait and her words!! She is such a smart girl....
    Hope everyone is well and happy!!

kirsty Guest

I'm here too, just keep forgetting to pop in & post is all 8-[

I currently have a little man who is "charging" himself up ~ he is using the digital thermometer (it is broken except for the beeps) to charge himself up & then off he goes. Every now & then he'll come back & charge himself again!! And here I was joking about how he goes & goes & goes like the energizer bunny!! Maybe I'll have to hide his charger & see what happens.

Also he was going to school the other day. He got his Star Wars backpack, put some books in it & a drink & some biccies & then phoned the bus driver to come & pick him up!!

I would so love to have the imagination that he does Must make for a pretty wonderful & exciting world to live in when your hand can become your mobile phone!!

Speaking of that he has just come in & told me we need to go & pick up his pizza that he has just rang & ordered, coz the man rang to tell him it was ready to get!!!

kirsty Guest

Okay ladies where have we all gone????????????

sorry Kirsty I'm here.... just flat out keeping up with all the different forums. Although it will be easier in a couple of weeks' time because Zeke turns 3, so then I'll have the two of them in here.

I am here too Kirsty.

Wasn't around all day yesterday cause I hosted a surprise 60th birthday party, which went off really well.

Kameron didn't go to Kindy on Friday cause we were waiting for our new outdoor setting to arrive, and I thought knowing my luck it will arrive as I am picking Kameron up LOL. It didn't turn up till 2pm ](*,)

Misty - aww at having 2 in here soon. Kameron will be out of this forum when Lachlan joins

Hope everyone is well.

Love

kirsty Guest

The way we are going I'll never have two in here at the same time

Kirsty

Love

Hi Girls

We now have a new "born in" buddy thread for the babies born January 2001 - December 2003. If you have a child born in this time then your new thread can be found HERE This old style thread will be locked at the end of this month.

Love

Locking thread now

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345