Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 to 12 Months, November '04

aren't we a quiet bunch Lachlan polished off 1.5 tins of custard in one hit today 8-[ what a little piggy LOL. He was eating icecream cake last night as well LMAO. Hard to think of him as nearly 7mths old felt like just yesterday i gave birth to him

Love :hbeat:

Vanessa Guest

I think we are quieter than the 1-6 month cause they are on the move more and sleep less LOL

I just noticed its Kameron's birthday... Happy birthday, big guy! :happy4u:

LOL thanks Vanessa. It was actually yesterday his birthday. Can you believe i got the date wrong in my signature LMAO. It is fixed now so if you still see it as the 28th you need to clear you tempory internet files.

Well, I'd talk more often, but this forum never seems to show up in my "posts since last visit" which is how I navigate the forums. Must be because the only times you girls have posted have been when I don't get on for a few days, and the there is 60+ posts, and I can't be bothered checking them all.

I should go to bed, it's technically midnight, and brandon has been in bed for 1 hour, asleep for 2 before that, hada bottle, and asleep for 2 hours before that. Fairly average for night time, but started earlier this morning (first bottle @ 8:30 instead of 10:30-11:30) so he'll be wanting to get up earlier again tomorrow, and the clocks go back, so I'll get an extra hour less sleep.

Nothing much new on the development front here.

clocks go forward Susan

LOL at the 60+ posts I know how that feels when i haven't been around for a day !! but i skim them all in case i miss anything exciting. Ambah will be here in 3 days YAY

*pokes tongue out @ Kat*

You know what I meant. And I got an hour less sleep, regardless of how you put it.

We really need a tongue-pokey-outy smiley.

Soo tired. Might go have a nap while Brandon is playing quietly in his chair.

LOL Susan.

Oooer a nap I remember those days, now I am lucky to have both the boys down at once during the day. If one is tired and the other is sleep you can guarantee the other will be up 5 mins after the other is down.

New Year Mum Guest

Hi Girls,
    I was just reading about the rolling over thing. Luke was one of the last to do it in my mothers group. We have 12 of us and he's the second youngest. He was the third last to crawl and get teeth. But even though he's the baby of the group he still seems to be behind in comparison to the other kids. I just see it that he's either too lazy or happy to chill.
    We are on holidays on the Gold Coast at the moment and he went to the beach for the first time ever. YAY very exciting. When I learn how to do all this fancy stuff I'll get some photos going. Did anybody else breastfeed beyond six months?? How long did you do it for? Luke's 10 months today and we're both happily still doing it and it doesn't look like he'll be weening himself anytime soon.
    Hope everybody's well and happy.
    =;

Hiya New Year Mum

I only fed Kameron till 6mths

and OMG I just realised I haven't got Lachlan into his 6mth injections yet. I looked at the fridge today and saw the pandol immunisation chart and though OH $HIT !!! Can do it next week when I have the car during the day as Andrew will be on arvo shift

Happy 6 months old to my little boy!!!!

Thats all from me for now though, have to feed Aidyn, put him to bed, then put myself to bed.

Hope everyone is doing well!!

Happy 6mth Aiydn. Welcome to the quieter forum Ambah, for a little while at least LOL.

Urgh

Lachlan has bloody conjunctivitis now. I can't take a trick in this house atm. I swear andrew should be lucky he goes to work.

Happy six month Aidyn.

Welcome New Year Mum. My SIL breastfed until she got pregnant again I think. Her son is 2 now, so I think it was around two, but you can breastfeed al long as you feel comfortable really.

I have Brandon booked in for his shots on the 18th. We go to his doctor for them, as she is really nice

Scared me for a moment there about the injections Kathryn!! But then I remembered the Dr told us to wait until Aidyn was 7 months, as his last shots were done at 5 months, and they like to keep 2 months in between.
    Not looking forward to these next ones... they are the MMR ones aren't they?? Have heard so many scary stories about the side effects of that vaccination...

Not much happening here... Aidyn is napping well during the day again, which is a big relief. He has decided the only way he can fall asleep is on his side now. He would like to go on his tummy, but I won't let him and tuck a pillow under his arm by his side so he can't roll.
    Its just amazing how quickly he is becoming a real little boy... I can literally see him growing and learning new things every day. Its wonderful and beautiful to watch, but at the same time its sad to lose that little, sweet, helpless baby *sniff*

How is Lachie's conjunctivitis now Kathryn?? How do you treat it?? Do you have to buy special drops, or can you use the old 'salty water' remedy??

Unbelieveable... It is past 7am and Aidyn is STILL asleep!!! I dont know what to do with myself!! For the past couple of months he has been up at about 5.30. This is great... cept I can't sleep sleep, my body clock isn't used to it , LOL!

Hi Ambah

You don't use salty water for conjunctivitis in infants. Just warm water. Doesn't seem too bad this morning but you can tell his eye is still sore as it is smaller than the other will see how the day progresses

Lachlan woke just after 7 this morning too YAY!!!

poor little lachlan now has a cold on top of his conjunctivitis and his conjunctivitis is getting worse. If it isn't better in 24-48 hrs you are meant to seek medical advice. We went to the chemist to see if they had any soloution we could use but everything said if child is under two seek medical advice before using this product ARGH. We goto the doc on Sunday.

Anyway we got him weighed while we were in the chemist and he was 8.59kg I just looked up Kam's weight and at 7mths Kameron was 8.4kg Lachlan turns 7mths tomorrow, so they are just about on par with each other now. Lachlan was a couple of kilo in front in the early days LOL.

Awww poor Lachie!!!
    And poor you Kathryn!!! Is Kam still sick as well?? What a terrible week for everyone being sick!!

Thanks for the tip on warm water for conjunctivitis... I have always wondered what I should use. Aidyn has had a little bit before, but not so much that I have had to treat it. I hope Lachies get better rather than worse, it would not be nice for him to have to wait until Sunday. Is there any way you can call the Dr's and ask the question over the phone? I would assume that the medictaion at the chemist wouldn't be that harmful, but then again its not good to risk it I suppose.
    8.6kg, that is good! Sounds like he's put on a bit, last time I remember he ws 7.4!

I should really pop Aidyn on the scales at the chemist again too... Its been 4 weeks since he was 9.1kg, however I really do not think he has put on much at all in thr past month (thankfully!!) or else he will be in size 1 soon, ARGH!!!

Finally got my arse into gear today and packed up some clothes... 6 garbage bags so far, all categoried by size. I was looking at my old size 10 stuff and getting sooooo depressed. I would kill to even be a size 12 again... have vowed never to eat another fatty thing again... yeah right, we'll see how long that lasts!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast