Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 6 to 12 Months, November '04

justthinking Guest

Hi! My daughter had conjunctivitis and the chemist gave me an ointment to use which cleared her eyes up in 3 - 4 days. My nurse friend showed us the best way to clean her eyes which was to wrap her up! Wipe the cottonball with warm water across once from nose to ear, then toss out. Put the ointment in the corner near the nose and wipe it across with your thumb. You can press firmly to make sure it goes in.

I can't find the tube sorry, but some chemists won't give you anything - try another chemist, hope it clears up real soon - it feels yuk, looks yuk and spreads really easily!

JT

Hi Ambah

Yeah Kameron is still sick. I am finding it very draining with both kids wanting undivided attention. Lachlan would not sleep yesterday unless it was in my arms. Have just put Lachlan down so hoping he will sleep. He didn't get up till 8am was just laying there not crying but was awake. Probably wondering why he had lost vision in one 1. The other was all crusted shut poor little guy, he is getting sick of me wiping it clean, turns his head when he see a cotton ball coming now lmao #-o

thanks for the info about the ointment JT I will try another chemist when my husband gets home later his afternoon.

Love :hbeat:

Awww :hugs: Kat, hopefully both boys are much better by tomorrow and you can have a relaxing weekend...

TMI warning... Aidyn is constipated. Poor thing was wimpering with pain trying to push out his poo... it came out looking the exact size and shape of a golfball!! Poor little thing, god knows how he got it out... Plenty of water and pears for him today I think!!

Geez its quiet in here!!!

Well I ended up buying Aidyn one of those Heinz baby juices (prune and apple) and it did the trick for him.

We had huge storms here last night and I was very impressed that Aidyn didn't wake!!
    MIL came over this afternoon to play with Aidyn. DP and I were meant to go to the movies and use my BB tickets, but there wasn't anything showing that either of us really wanted to see... So we just ended up getting some packing done. I would say that we are more than halfway packed now, yipee!! Only one week to go!!! \/

How are your two little ones doing Kathryn?? And how are you coping as well?

How are you and Brandon, Susan??

And anyone else I have missed!!

Hi Ambah. We are plodding along slowly. Went to the GP yesterday and spent over $44 in medications for them, both the boys had mild ear infections but no fevers thankfully so they are both on antibiotics, and Lachlan is on ointment for his eye and OMG it is so hard to try and put 2 drops in is eye. But it is looking better this morning.

Just looking forward to when they both get their appetites back sick of wasting food/milk

Argh Lachlan has diarrohea !!!!!!! It has goto be the antibiotics, well i am hoping anyway. Can't take a bloody trick seriously.

OMG! You poor thing, I tell you after what you guys have been through lately you all deserve to be illness free for the rest of your lives!!!!!!!

I hope his bowels go back to normal soon, and here's [-o< to a healthy happy sick free home!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Hows Lachlan today?? Hopefully his bowels are better by now!?!
    Your poor thing Kathryn! :hugs: it doesnt rain, but it pours...

I think Aidyn is teething again... his top teeth I guess. Since lastnight he has only been drinking about 100ml of each bottle, instead of 250ml. Plus he is drooling bucketloads...

I could have murdered BIL lastnight!! Or should I say this morning... Me and DP were in bed by 10.30pm, and BIL didn't get home until 2am. The stupid #$^@% forgot his keys so he rang the phone here, scaring me out of my wits cause I thought it was a phonecall to say someone had died or something!! And then after I let him in it took me another whole hour to fall back asleep (it always takes me at least an hour every night)
    Wouldn't be so peeved at him if it wasnt something he does on a regular basis. I swear he has no brain sometimes, I mean how many times in one month can someone forget their keys?!?!

Hi Ambah

Bowels are still the same I am afraid. I actually think that his antibiotics is curdling the milk in his stomach as that is what the diarrhea looks like "curdled milk" yellow with white bits thru it ewwwwwww.

OMG @ the BIL I hate it when the phone rings thru the night cause it is usually bad news

ewwww... poor little bubba... that cant feel too good. Not mention poor you having to look at it!!
    LOL @ the things us mothers have to do... yet I still find it hard to accept that my mother did the same for me, LOL!

Well it looks like poor little Aidyn has a tummy bug too. He has done 3 poos today (he usually only ever does 1) with the last 2 being quite runny. Plus tonight he power spewed everywhere... not just a normal regurgitation of formula... this one actually smelt like real 'adult' vomit, IYKWIM...

poor Aidyn.

We are at mums now and Lachlan has not stopped screaming since we arrived he is over tired has only had 20mins nap today and that was in the car. I have had to put him in the cot and let him cry for a bit because he is seriously giving me a headache. I gave him some panadol as well but seems to have had no affect #-o

Not 100% sure, but I think Lachlan might be saying "mum" a few times over the last couple of days when I have been out of the room and even in the room it has sounded pretty much like it.

Kameron says it 100000 times a day, so probably not surprising. I will have to look up when Kameron said his first words.

HOW CUTE!!!! Thats great!! Our friends 5month old says Mum and I'm a bit jealous.... but then again like you said once they hit Kameron's age you wish they wouldn't...LOL

oh forgot to add injection day today. Only 1mth and 1 week late lmao. I hope they dont' react with the antibiotics :-k although I haven't given him any today cause I am really fed up with the constant changing of nappies. Might have to speak to the doctor about that tomorrow, even though we are going for Kameron.

Love

Awww thats wonderful!!!! Well done Lachlan!!! =D>

I think Aidyn is still a while away from talking... he didi say something that sounded like 'Dad' this morning, but I think it was still just baby babble...

Did Lachlan end up sleeping any better yesterday?

I was soooo cranky this morning, had been up with Aidyn since 5.30, and had just gotten him to sleep between us in the bed, when DP's mobile phone alarm went off! So after only a 5 min nap Aidyn was up again, so I had to spend another hour settling him, plus dealing with bad AF cramps, GRRRRR!!! :mad:

Urgh... that doesn't sound fun at all

He ended up going to bed without any drama's last night and slept all night YAY. I on the other hand..... Mums dog needed to goto the loo at 1.30am and I had just fallen asleep being in a strange bed, then the dog kept laying on my damn feet (it sleeps on the bed) so i kept loosing circulation in my feed (it is a dalmation and pretty heavy) no matter where i had my legs the bloody dog would lay on them. I lost count how many times I kicked it off the bed.

So was awake just about every hour on the hour last night, Kameron woke and screamed at 5am I think he forgot where he was so I got him back to sleep then Lachlan woke up at 6.40am

So I am pretty tired and in one of those moods. Might put the boys in the car and go home for a bit before the injections. Then I can do some stuff on my computer

Love

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast