Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 Months to 12 Months, December '04

Glad to see i am not the only with with social butterflies at christmas functions...... :evil:

I love Christmas parties, I just never get invited to any LMAO.

Katanya I am not sure re talking early for a boy. Kam was around the same age when he was saying mum, dad and bub. Lachlan is currently pulling on Andrew's shoelaces going dadda

Dadda has to goto work in 2hrs then he will be stuck with mumma LOL.

Love

katanya Guest

Oh kathryn that is SO cute, pulling at his Dada's shoelaces..don't girls usually speak earlier? I can't imagine Felix saying an actual word in another month! That would be really exciting!!
    I have been to lots more christmas parties this year, with all the people I have met since having Felix, who knew having a baby would be such a social network! Before that apart from old friends who live in other parts of the world it was people from work..which is boring because you talk about work!

OMG lastnight was so, so exhausting and terrible... I cant believe I am up this late online now when I could/should be sleeping!
    As you all know my sister Pollyanna and her 3 kids came down from Townsville to visit us (on their way to Tasmania). Well Pollyanna was feeling unwell for a few days with throwing up etc, and we thought it was food poisoning, but lastnight she got so, so sick and collapsed in pain and had to be rushed to hospital in an ambulance. Her & her DH & kids had been staying with one of my other sisters. Because her DH went to hospital with her, and my other sisters didnt really know how to look after a baby, they had to bring Thomas (6 months old) to sleep over at our place here. I knew I would be in for a tiring night... but I had NO idea how bad it would be. For some reason Aidyn woke up when my sister came to pick me and carseat up so we could transport thomas. Aidyn was still awake and still crying when we got back (1am). Thomas has a cold and is teething, so he woke up after a an hour or so (we had only just gotten to bed at 2am) and started screaming. Aidyn must have gotten the hugest shock in the next room woken up by Thomas, so he started howling too. So I spent the next 3 hours with 2 screaming, shrieking babies. It was AWFUL!! They were setting each off, and neither would let me put them down without bellowing, so I never had the chance to settle each one seperately! DP was no help either, as he had to be up at 5 to be ready in time to catch a bus to work, and he was screaming at me to shut them up, but he wouldnt help me. I ended up ringing one of my sisters bawling my eyes out telling them to come and get Thomas. Thankfully by that stage Pollyanna's DH had come home so he drove over to pick Thomas up at 5.30am.
    Last night would have had to have been the WORST night ever. I did not get to bed until 6.30 am. Luckily Aidyn was dead tired all day so I have managed to catch up with a few naps with him.
    It turns out that Pollyanna had an attack of Pancreatitis, and gall stones at the same time. She may need to stay here in Bris for an operation

I would have thought it wouldnt be that hard to look after 2 babies at once... and maybe during the day would be ok. But after seeing how Aidyn FREAKS out at the strange noise of a baby crying and waking him up, and then having to deal with 2 inconsolable babies when I am dead tired, has put me off even thinking about having a 2nd child for a few years yet I think...

Sorry if this post was all over the place and not making much sense... I am tired... I'm going to go to bed now.

katanya Guest

Oh Ambah you poor thing how overwelming! Poor little Thomas having his mum sick and away, I wonder what would happen to Felix if I got sick considering I am the only one who can settle him..it makes me sad to think. Not really fair for everyone to expect you to care for 2 babies and 1 who is sick and teething and without his Mum. I hope you sister is okay?

I think having 2 kids would have it's moments, and yes the closer in age the more challenging to say the least!

I have been feeling weird my self, my body was all achy and I was having hot and cold flushes through the night, I still feel weird, and I thought maybe I was getting the flu but no sign of that..I hope it's not something major coming on..I started getting scared it was an eptopic pregnancy or something because I had pains in my side too..but I don't have any other pregnancy symtoms..probably just my mind working overtime!

LOL Ambah sorry I had to laugh. Aren't you glad you don't have twins LMAO.

Love

oh I couldn't imagine twins!! That is exactly what I'd be scared of one screaming & waking the other one up...*shudder*

Ambah I hope you get some rest! just when you are getting over being sick yourself! I hope your sister is okay and Thomas isn't too traumatised from the whole thing! oh how scary...

katanya Guest

Christy only a week or so before you join us! God I looked at felix's 1 year ticker and it's now heading towards the other end . .EGAD he's growing up too quickly!

Yep... I cant believe I always used to say that I wanted twins... all I can say now is NO WAY.
    Though they probably wouldnt react to the other crying as they would be used to it, whereas Aidyn has never experienced that before, so he freaked.
    Pollyanna is doing well now, however she will need an operation when she goes back to Townsville in 4 weeks. Looking forward to tomorrow as she is coming to spend the whole day here!!

I hope you are feeling better and not worse Katanya?? It doesnt sound good what you're describing, it sort of reminds me of how my cousin described a bad case of mastitis?
    Btw, Junior moderator means I am basically a new moderator. I am able to moderate a few chosen forums, and will hopefully be able to become fully fledged Mod in a couple of months or so, after I have learnt all of the ropes, etc

Looking forward to having you in here Christy!!

katanya Guest

Ambah: you should be a doctor not just a moderator
    that is exactly what it is... this morning I woke up with a huge pain in my breast! I massaged my breast and I have a big painful lump in there..looks like I have the beginnings of mastitis!
    I am unsure what to do whether to go to a doctor or not I think I might ring the ABA helpline..god I've been BFing for 7 months today (Felix is 7months old) and never got it..I think it's because I ahve changed my feeding style recently..mustn't be draining my breasts properly..damn..
    I went in the shower and tried to get it out but it's till sore, maybe there is an infection..I felt weird yesterday too not AS bad but still weak and wobbly..

Katanya

DEFINATELY GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! You need antibiotics asap.

I speak from experience - I had no problems bf my daughter but had all sorts of trouble with Liam. I got mastitis at 5 months.

Antibiotics will sort it out quick smart along with the massage and things you are already doing.

PLEASE SEE A DOCTOR!!

Best of luck - well done Ambah on the "diagnosis"!! =D>

mama mel Guest

Hi everyone

Katanya, Adara's only 23 days older but for babies that's a long time! I just freaked out that night b/c I've never got to the stage that I thought I couldn't keep going anymore or that I couldn't cope with it. Really scared me. I didn't realise at first that it would be this difficult just being pg b/c she's always been a fantastic baby and a great sleeper. If only it hadn't affected my milk I'd be fine! :-({|= Good luck trying to get him to eat more. Who knew babies could be discerning right from the get go..?! Hope you're feeling a bit better with the mastitis, that can be dreadful.

Ambah, you poor thing! That would've been really hard to handle. Gotta say though that hearing that has got me freaking out about having 2 babies even more than I was before! Glad to hear you're sister's doing a bit better now. How scary that would've been! And to backtrack a little - it's gorgeous to see your baby with older kids, isn't it? I have a 5 y/o DSD and Adara adores her. She has a special smile just for her and you can tell she looks up to her. She's also taught her heaps, she now picks up a toy phone and puts to her ear and babbles which is so cute! And she gives us 5 b/c Chrissy taught her. LOL

Kathryn, I think you have very clever little boys! =D>

Gotta go to the MCHN now, hopefully there'll be good news...

Take care,
    Mel

Bloody kids LMAO.

If there are two boys very quiet you know it means trouble !! I went and investigated and Kameron was quite happily shaking talc all over poor lachlan, but lachlan was laying there on his belly (since he crawled after kameron) with a huge grin on his face and white from head to toe.

He smells very pretty now i must say lol 8-[

Love

LOL at the boys Kathryn!!!

katanya... I would agree with going to the Dr, but also I tried cabbage leaves when I had some lumpy breasts due to bf... they were sore & not quite to feeling sick or anything, so I tried the cabbage leaf thing & it really worked! But that was off the midwives advice unless I started feeling feverish & sick then I was told to go to GP & get ab's..goodluck!

katanya Guest

Hi everyone, after I hopped off here this morning, I rang the ABA cousillor and she said pretty much what you guys said..go to the doctor, even though I was feeling better. I was lucky to get an early appointment, and the Dr said I had managed it really well and was super impressed I had been feeding off it and hand expressing in the hot shower etc..so it is only a mild case. I have given a mild anti biotic as he said hopefully that should get it, if not we'll try a stronger one, but better to try the weaker does first..I have felt good all day, though my breast is red and tender..obviously the blockage is gone but the infection is still there..I felt reallt stupid because I used to be so vigialnt about checking for lumps and empty breast etc..just never thought I'd get it at 7 mths into it..the Dr said it can happen at anytime..

Some thing elsel happened when I was at the Dr's, Felix was sitting peacefully in his pram watching us and the Dr noticed his breathing, he asked me about it and I said we were seeing the Paed on friday, he listened to hsi chest and said it sounded pretty noisey in there, althought he has a slight cold, and a little cough, I said that is how he breathes al the time..The Dr said with the degree his chest was labouring (in technical terms something about bronchial deplacment or something) that he suspects he will be diagonosed with asthma..he said it will be interesting to see what the Paed says, alought asthma isn't usually diagnosed till oover 1 year old...this news is not totally unexpected as Asthma runs firmly in my mother family..but not welcome either as I had hoped he would have it..

So there you go a rather eventful day today..lets hope we don't get any more bad news this week

katanya Guest

I didn't even get to reply to what everyone else said before...Too busy writing about myself..

mel you are right, 23 days isn't going be anything in a years time althought it does seem like alot now..and especially not when they are dating age ..but don't worry I've already paired him off with my friend's baby girl who is 3 days older than him..I can imagine that what you are going through isn't what you imagined when you decided to have 2 closer together, and really at any age having the second has it's pros and cons, and I think all of us could safetly say that we have experienced MUCH of the unexpected since having a child..hope it's all sorting out for you..
    Kathryn that is So cute about the powder baby...LOL..just when you thought they were self entertaining..why is it that they are noisey when doing the "right" thing and SO quiet when doing the naughty things!

Thanks for your advice everyone re- mastitsis issue, I sprung into action as soon as I found out what was going on as my friend was hospitalised with it, after she fainted and ended up with blood poisoning..

YAYYY!!! One of Aidyns top teeth has finally broken through!! Hopefully that will give him a little bit of relief... although the gum above it is still very swollen, hope it goes down soon enough though.
    Well I had a very busy day here today. I had my cousin visit with her daughter Tahlia, as well as my sister Pollyanna who was discharged from hospital today. Then later on in the arvo another one of my other sisters came over, and once I thought everyone had left for good and I finally got to sit down to post.... MIL shows up unexpectedly!!
    Anyway things have calmed down now though, but I had a HUGE scare just before... Aidyn managed to roll off our bed... luckily he landed on a pillow, and I think I was more traumatised than him. But anyway thats it... no more sleeping on our bed, its just far too risky. So I will settle him on our bed and transfer him to his cot everytime he goes to sleep for a nap now (he always goes into the cot overnight anyway)
    He is perfectly fine and only cried for a couple of mins, but I just cant stop feeling sooo guilty... he could have broken an arm or something, we were very lucky.

Kathryn - ROFL @ your two boys... that is soooo cute!! They must keep you constantly on your toes with their mischief!!

Katanya - I hope you start to feel better really soon. Lucky you got on top of it before it developed into something much worse!
    Thats not so good news about Felix though Hopefully the Paed will be able to give you a proper diagnosis... maybe Felix just sounded worse in the chest because of his cold?

I hope everyone else is doing well, and getting lots of Zzzz's.

I am off to bed myself now, nighty night!

katanya Guest

Ambah you certainly have a busy life, all those visitors no wonder we haven't seen as much of you! Glad to hear your sister is on the mend and can hopefully continue with her holiday?

As for Aidyn rolling out, I know it scared you but it's probably more common than you think. I have had the same fear recently with Felix and we co-sleep(sleeps in our bed all the time) as he rolls around in his sleep now..not such a problem when we're in the bed with him, but I have come in after nap time to find all the pillows on the floor and him upside down. My friend's baby who is 7 months also fell on the floor yesterday too, but also was perefectly fine and fell from a high bed to a wooden floor!
    So we went out and bought bed rails for our beds yesterday. It's up to you, but I wouldn't give up that special cuddle time if you enjoy it because you are scared of his falling again, the bed rail I bought is second hand and only cost $25, it folds up and down easily and has mesh and is a valco brand. I am so happy now as instead of sticking my head in there when he's naping I can be assured He'll be safe..
    Of course that said with the cot on one side and the rail on the other I feel alittle like I'm in a cot myself, but it's worth it to me to have my little boy snuggled up to me (and not to have to get up to feed my night waker..)

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast