Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 Months to 12 Months, December '04

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default 6 Months to 12 Months, December '04

Welcome to the 6 Months to 12 Months thread for December 2004!

To have any of your details included in this thread, please reply to this post and a moderator will add you to the list.

6 Months to 12 Months List - Dec '04

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl
    Baby Name(s):
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:

__________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Astrolady
    State: South Australia
    Baby's DOB: 5th April, 2004
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl boy
    Baby Name(s): Lachlan James
    Baby's Website: http://www.theastroweb.com/lachlan
    Health Concerns: Slight eczema on back of legs
    Notes: Born 12 days early. Only pain relief was pethadine. Weighed 6lb 5oz, length 47cm

Forum Name : Ambah
    State: Queensland
    Baby's DOB: 2nd May 2004
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Aidyn Jackson
    Baby's Website: http://www.geocities.com/ambahden
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: Born 7 days early (induced due to waters breaking)

Forum Name: Katanya
    Baby's DOB: 15th May, 20004
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Boy
    Baby Name(s): Felix
    Baby's Website: http://members.dodo.net.au/~katanyas/
    Health Concerns: At the moment..him gaining weight! Hopefully it won't be an issue for very long
    Notes: My Partner and I follow Attachment Parenting philosophies, such as sling wearing, extended breastfeeding, co-sleeping and gentle parenting . Raising Felix is the best job I have ever had

Forum Name: Kelly2202
    State: Western Australia
    Baby's DOB: 18th June, 2004
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Girl
    Baby Name(s): Asha Susan Noelene
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/k/kelyanbaby/
    Health Concerns: None at the moment
    Notes: Not quite in here yet but in 17 days from now we will be

Forum Name: Mama Mel
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 22.04.04
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Adara
    Baby's Website: Umm... I'll get to that in my "spare time"! Maybe once we've moved.
    Health Concerns: Currently has been losing weight but hopefully we're getting that under control now.
    Notes: Waters broke at 38wks 2days, induced at 38wks 5days. Had gas and pethidene but wouldn't have pethidene again this time. Born 6lb 8oz.

Forum Name: MichelleBrissyMum
    State: Qld
    Baby's DOB: 05/04/04
    Baby Name(s): Ashlynn Brooke
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/ashydashy/
    Health Concerns: N/A
    Notes: N/A

Forum Name: Christy
    Baby's DOB: 17th, June 2004
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Girl
    Baby Name(s): Matilda Lee Janssen
    Baby's Website: http://members.optusnet.com.au/janssen97
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) reflux
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) born 17 days late, 20 hours labour, emergency c-section
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Forum Name : Ambah
    Baby's DOB: 2nd May 2004
    Baby Name(s): Aidyn Jackson
    Baby's Website: http://www.geocities.com/ambahden
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: Born 7 days early (induced due to waters breaking)

katanya Guest

Forum Name: Katanya
    State: Qld
    Baby's DOB: 15th May 2004
    Baby Name(s): Felix
    Baby's Website: http://members.dodo.net.au/~katanyas/
    Health Concerns: At the moment..him gaining weight! Hopefully it won't be an issue for very long!
    Notes:My Partner and I follow Attachment Parenting philosophies, such as sling wearing, extended breastfeeding, co-sleeping and gentle parenting . Raising Felix is the best job I have ever had!

Is it ok to ramble in this thread too?? LOL

LMAO @ Aidyn today, he sees his toy on the floor just out of reach, and he desperately wants to get it, and struggles, trying to push himself towards it, but he ends up going backwards a metre instead!!

Sorry to hear about Felix's weight loss Katanya... hope things will be on the improve soon, and the paediatrician is a big help.
    The only other thing I can think of is for his solids to maybe try things that are high in natural fats (like avocado) or natural sugars?

We had a small prang in our car this afternoon. The car in front of us was merging onto a main road and took off but then slammed on the brakes and we went into the back!!!! Only scratches on the other car, but ours looks pretty bad. Thank CHRIST we were all completely ok, considering little Aidyn was in the back. He seems completely fine, didnt even get a shock like we did. I only just got rid of the edgy/shocked feeling a little while ago.

Forum Name: Kelly2202
    State: WA
    Baby's DOB: 18 June 2004
    Baby Name(s): Asha Susan Noelene
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/k/kelyanbaby/
    Health Concerns: None atm
    Notes: Not quite in here yet but in 17 days from now we will be

Cheers

Yeah we can ramble in this thread too Ambah Urgh at the car accident glad to hear everyone is okay though and it didn't stress Aidyn out.

Nothing huge happening this end. I haven't even got Lachlan weighed in a while so dunno what is happening there either LMAO. As I said in another post he is still hating vegies just spits them straight out but is scoffing down anything with fruit in it and his weetbix. Goodbye to Farex forever Been giving him 2 days of weetbix then a day of Petit Miam yoghurt cereal just to break it up a bit.

Love

katanya Guest

Ambah: you poor thing having a bungle, doesn't matter how small it is it would be scarey especially with a baby in the car> I have a had a few close calls and I always have awful visions of Felix flying through the air ..morbid I know..it just scares me! Glad you are both okay.

The idea about avocado is actually a great one as I was thinking of trying that next (we are doing pumpkin right now and while it's not being gobbled, but then he doesn't gobble anything yet, it's going in) at least I can relax about the avo being natural and it's got all those wonderful natural oils in them. I will try next..

mama mel Guest

Forum Name: Mama Mel
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 22.04.04
    Baby Name(s): Adara
    Baby's Website: Umm... I'll get to that in my "spare time"! Maybe once we've moved.
    Health Concerns: Currently has been losing weight but hopefully we're getting that under control now.
    Notes: Waters broke at 38wks 2days, induced at 38wks 5days. Had gas and pethidene but wouldn't have pethidene again this time. Born 6lb 8oz.

mama mel Guest

Hey everyone!

Ok, I'm gonna try and remember everything I have to post here b/c I'm still replying to the Nov threads...

Thanks for the support Ambah. And you know, I don't mind if you use Adara's name if you have a girl next time! I love it too (obviously) and there's only been 9 in Victoria ever so we could have a few more around the place! Has the teething eased up for him at all? We had a few of those nights too as she was teething since she was 3mths old. Poor little bubbas How scary the accident must have been, I have been terrified of having an accident with her in the car since I had her... Like you Katanya, I've been imagining all these terrible things that could happen. You just never know when someone could do something stupid. Glad Aidyn wasn't upset by it.

Wow I can't believe you're going through the same thing with Felix, Katanya. It's pretty scary to see them going the wrong way on the scales. With Adara, it's b/c my milk supply dropped by so much not long after I concieved. She was feeding every hour for a while there and waking up all through the night for feeds. Before I knew that she was losing weight I assumed that she was just going through a growth spurt but then later I noticed she was dehydrated and not her usual happy self as much. She didn't take to solids at all until she was literally starving and then started to gobble them up out of hunger (like Felix she's a booby only baby and won't even have EBM either!). IKWYM about them only telling you to put on formula if you have any probs though, I've heard that from a few ppl recently too. But even my very pro-BF MCHN wanted me to add it to all her food and give her 1 bottle a day just to get her through until my milk supply evens out, hopefully after the 1st trimester. I'm with you, I want to keep BF as long as it's the best thing for her. Looks like I don't really have a choice anyway though! How's Felix doing lately?

Things have started to look up for us now. I managed to sneak 60mls of formula into some sweet Italian baby biscuits for her breakfast and since she started that and is having 3 good meals a day she's been a lot happier and only waking up once during the night for a feed! \/ I had an appt yesterday to have her weighed and thankfully she'd put in 10grams :smt041 I'm thrilled! Nappies still aren't as wet as they should be but I'm hoping that will improve as my milk starts to come back. Got another appt in 2wks and I'm sure she'll be doing even better by then.

More good news - her 1st bottom tooth appeared on Friday, surprisingly easily. And I had my 1st u/s yesterday, saw the baby kicking away! Good to know there really is something going on in there! Heart rate suggested I'm having another girl which surprised me b/c I was sure this one was a boy. I prepared DH for it b/c this was his last chance to have a DS after 2 DDs, I can understand why he'd be a little upset by it. I'd like to have one of each but I'm just as thrilled to have to little DDs running around, esp as they'll be so close in age. We won't know for sure for a while yet though.

Sorry it's such a long post! I'll have to try to come back here more often!

Take care everyone!

Mel

argh lachlan is grabbing onto the sides of things and trying to pull himself up to have a better look. NOOooooooooo stay down Lachlan you are too little to even consider furniture crusing LMAO

Love

YAY at the weight gain Mel!! and WOOHOO for Adara's first tooth!!! \/

And goodluck to you both (Katanya & Mel) for yours bubs next weigh ins! :luck:

Well done Lachlan!! Or should I say - Stay down Lachlan!! LOL

Christy and Matilda came to visit us in our new house today. It was a nice relaxing day, and the babies had a great playtime for hours. It looked like they were teaching/encouraging eachother to crawl and do other outrageous new things! LOL
    Aidyn was sitting so well today, with a straight back, and he had periods of up to 20mins without toppling once! He also made it onto his hands and knees quite a few times, yelling with frustration - he obviously knows what he wants to do!! Looks like he will be crawling very soon... time to make sure the place is babyproof!! Maybe I should ask for some security gates and cupboard locks etc for Chrissy too...

Just killing time now waiting for the dishwasher to finish so I can sterilise & make up tomorrow mornings bottle. I'm dead tired & would love to go to bed, but theres nothing worse in the morning than stumbling and fumbling around with nothing prepared!!(been there done that!)

katanya Guest

I haven't been getting any notifications..whats up with that?

Well Mel, it does sound like Felix's and Adara's issue are slightly different and I think what you are doing is right by her. I have agonised long and hard about this issue and because we have very wet nappies, very active boy and generally content and happy, sleeping pretty well etc..I am not going to worry..I didn't weigh him this week as I didn't see the point but next week we will and take it from there. I think half my agonising is that I feel that my previously chubby bub is skinny with toothpicks for legs, and I would love him to have a more rounded baby look, but the reality is this is probably just him! Long and lean!

He actually half chewed on some avocado today and swallowed it..very exciting..he eats banana and rice cereal in the morning and avocado in arvo

It is great news about Adara's tooth and not getting any symptoms...that is WONDERFUL!!

Well done Lachie for getting up...Poor you Kathryn I am not looking forward to that day!

Sounds like you will be heading towards that Ambah..I visited a friend who's baby crawled at around 6 mths and she was encouraging him to crawl, and I said..no thank-you he can do it in his own time!

Hi Kantanya the 6-12 mnt thread has actually moved now so you probably have to watch the new thread now. You might have it on the old one still ??

Love

days away until I invade

Well guess who is 8mths old today and to celebrate decided he would commando crawl. I put him on the floor this morning and he commando crawled to his nearest toy. So to make sure it wasn't just a freak of nature i took the toy off him and put it further away sure enough he commando crawled to it again. Looks like my baby is now on the move. NOOOOOO

Love

YAY for Lachlan!! At least he's crawling first! =D>

katanya Guest

WELL DONE Lachlan! At least he is crawling before walking, like Christy said!

Kathryn, I am not getting any notifications for new posts in here, i just had to come and search in here this morning to see if there was..? Is there something wrong? or could it be iwth my settings, but I have been getting it for other posts so I don't understand?

Not sure why that is happening then Katanya but I will let Kelly know in case it is a glitch

Love

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast