Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 Months to 12 Months, February '05

mama mel Guest

Thanks for the new pics Ambah, they're great! What a gorgeous boy. ITA with Christy, the bag shot is so adorable! I love the water squrt pics as well.

Thanks Christy! Wow, she was tiny at 12mths!

Katanya, yeah that's so true about his eyes! That's why I think that teddy hood is so cute on him in the photo!

hey there... yesterday was a huge day of firsts. Matilda always comes away from time with Aidyn with new tricks!! She started clapping today! so cute! And then when DH got home a friend was reading her a book and she saw DH and said "hello" just like that... and she said it to me when I got up this morning and she saw me for the first time! And earlier this week she started waving, granted she waves at herself mostly but she's doing it! LMAO!

BTW...I'll be posting the photos from the picnic tomorrow... so cute!

Wowee Christy, what an amazing girl you have there. Lachlan still isn't clapping yet but he is waving lol

Can't wait to see the pics

Love

wowee we are quiet in here today! LOL! Babies must be keeping us busy... Matilda's had a quiet day at home which is such a relief! Now... to take care of the puppy who has got a rash this morning #-o and DH just got home so time to take care of her & get her to the vet to come home & make dinner.... oh the joys! I hope you all had a great day!

OMG Matilda @ saying hello!!! :shock: =D> =D> =D>

Argh... I have had a busy day too... so much housework etc piling up, and then I get s surpirse call from DP that him, MIL, BIL and BIL's GF are all coming over for dinner!!! WTF??? Thanks for letting me know!! LMAO!!
    Actually, it is ok, cause MIL is cooking for us.
    I just wish I had prior notice so I could have tidied up more!

Anyway... back to it!!

mama mel Guest

=D> Matilda!!!! She's unbelievable!

Oh Ambah, don't you love it when family does that! Atleast you don't have to cook.

Adara refused to sleep much today, no more than 30mins when she normally has 2 x 2hr sleeps! Now she's delerious and laughing so hard at everything! That's in btn the tears and eye rubbing of course!

I'm going to jump off now to put her to sleep, wish me luck as her sister and aunt are here. She'll probably hold out and fight until she has no choice and just konks out...

katanya Guest

Here I am, I tried to post here a few times today but got interupted! I had the carpets steam cleaned and it is WONDERFUL!!! I wish I could get them doen ALL the time, it looks so clean and fresh in here!

Yay @ Matilda, what a clever girl she is, saying Hello!! it must be SO cute Christy! That's great Aidyn taught her to clap! =D> Ambah you need to send him over so he can teach Felix to eat more

Ambah hope tonight goes okay, I hate it when you don't get any notice with these things!! Even worse when you are having a bad house day! My bad house days are most days, when it's actually clean no one comes over!

Mel that is no good that Adara has not been sleeping, but at least she coped pretty well with it. Hope she sleeps okay!

So when the Carpet guy was here we went out and when to the op shop, nothing there today, to visit my Oma (Felix's great Oma) and then to Pacific fair and I went to the MOVIES!! I am not sure what possessed me but I thought stuff it if Felix cries I will take him out, and he was due for a sleep, but although he didn't sleep through the whole thing, he didn't cry once!!! Just started babbling!! and wanting to climb the furniture and chew on the cup holders. I saw CLOSER, which although was a bit unusual I didn't think was that fantastic, great actors, but wish I'd chosen something different.
    Then I went to K-mart and they had baby t-shirt and shorts from $1.60 each!! I got about 4 t-shirts in different sizes and a pair of shorts, was going to get some 00 because I am sick of all his O's that are too big, but I thought maybe the new additive will help him gain weight so I went for 0's! Also got him a dolphin towel for his swimming lessons in Best and Less..
    Then I came home and rearranged the house! Yes a busy day!

I hope you got Adara to sleep ok in the end Mel!
    IYWYM about the hysterical laughing etc... Aidyn has a new trick... he will be lying on his back in his cot, crying hysterically (although he is almost asleep), then will stop crying and clap his hands, then will resume with his crying... WTF is with that?? LOL

Dinner tonight was sooo yummy... we had beuatiful fillets of Snapper with a ginger and spring onion sauce... my tummy is growling again just thinking about it!

Katanya - how cool is that, that Felix didnt cry during the movies!! =D> I have always been too afriad to bring Aidyn.. for fear that the loud volume would put him off...
    Well done on your Kmart bargains today! I went on a spree at Kmart during the Christmas sales as well.. got Aidyn some shorts for $3 and 2x overalls for $6 apiece (the ones I gave you, LOL)

Ok, off to bed for me now... I have been having way too many late nights...

I'm off to get my hair cut! YAY!! First time since Matilda's been born! I'm so excited!!!

Had a shocker with sleeping last night, so I'm going to put on make up before so when I sit there and look in the mirror for however long it takes I don't get totally grumpy with myself...LOL... (I hate mirrors, I call them confidence destroyers)

Just gave the three dogs a bath and Matilda loved watching that...then it took her 3 minutes to get to sleep! YAY! & I'll be gone when she wakes up...apparently last night when I ran to get something from the shops, she fell over & stuck her bottom lip out and said "mumumumum" O Whenever she falls in front of DH he goes "oooowww" and pulls a sad face so she reacts to that, whenever she falls infront of me I laugh so thats what she does when she falls with me around...LOL...cheeky sausage

katanya Guest

Ambah your dinner sounded delicious!! yum yum..I made boring old steak sandwiches

Christy I am gald you did the make-up thing because those hairdressing mirrors are killers, I just sat there looking at my skin wondering how did I get SO old so quickly! yes confidence destroyers is right! I hope you get a great cut..it will feel WONDERFUL!!

So cute she wanted her mumumumum, Felix has yet to learn that yet, I am trying hard, but all I get is dad, daddy, or dadda ](*,)
    yeah that whole reaction thing is so true, I have stopped reacting I just say in a positive voice "okay?" DP doesn't react at all, and the only time I comfort him is if he really is hurt, of course being tired doesn't help!

Today I am going to make sure he has his naps when tired,as the past 3 days he's been out of routine, at least wednesday he had 2, but thursday and friday only had about 30 mins all day both days..he gets feral at dinner if that happens..and we are going to friends for dinner tonight!

mama mel Guest

Adara went to sleep surprisingly easily last night with only a little crying. It's so strange, after having a baby that wouldn't settle and would need rocking with plenty of crying or ending up bfing for so long, I still find it really hard to believe that it's so easy now. At night especially, she actually gets grumpy if I don't put her to bed straight after her bottle and then smiles at me waiting for her blanket, rolls over and just sleeps!!! It's sureal and even thought it's been like that for weeks now I've still been waiting for problems to start again...

Katanya, what a great day! Fantastic Felix was so good in the movies for you! I went to the mums and bubs movies with Adara once and she was really good but probably wouldn't go again as the other babies were quite loud and competing! I always wondered if I could take her to a normal session. Great bargains at K-Mart, I might check them out too as she's finally growing out of some of her 000's now with this last growth spurt. Good luck with him sleeping better today, hopefully you'll be able to enjoy dinner tonight...

Ambah, that's hillarious with Aidyn clapping!!! ROFL! Your dinner sounded yummy! I always love it when MIL makes heaps and gives us some, it's so nice to have someone else cook for you sometimes.

Christy, yay for the haircut! Good idea with the make-up, I hate looking at myself for 4hrs in those mirrors too!

Hi Girls

Well Lachlan started saying Nan Nan Nan last night, he crawled on all fours last night as well, hasn't done it again since though lol, and today he is pulling himself up to his feet on any type of furniture, so inc the tooth at the start of the week it has been a very big week here.

Love

Wow sounds like a busy week for you Kat! I understand

Well...I'm back with a completely different head of hair! OMG! Its great and I like it, Matilda stared at me for a while & smiled with her half smile, then she realised it was me & started laughing :smt081 it was really cute & DH said it has her approval. Its heaps shorter and in more layers and different colour & foils... wow... the lot! & for the first time I got my eyebrows waxed! Wow that hurt, not as bad as the PG belly wax though O

Mel thats great that Adara slept so well last night! =D> Well done!

mama mel Guest

Woohoo Lachlan! \/

Wow your hair must be different if Matilda didn't recognise you Christy! Glad you like it, feels so good when you've just had a great cut.

I just realised that I've just been chatting lately & I haven't been bothering to update on what Adara's been doing. I probably should as she's gone through another milestone spurt as I call them (along with Matilda and Lachlan it seems!).

She can pull herself up onto furniture now but rarely does unless she's grabbing a new toy from her toybox, or a couple of times acting like a poor little prisoner in her cot b/c didn't come in after the 1st couple of mama's. She's opening doors, cupboards, drawers and the dishwasher if it's not pushed all the way in - I came out of the toilet to find her inside it, chewing on the cutlery divider recently! Luckily it was empty. She LOVES throwing and 'catching' a ball or small rattle, often bringing it to me to play with. Can throw the ball to the ball-freak of a dog we have and the 2 of them can entertain each other for ages!

I think her top tooth finally cut through this morning which has been giving her trouble. Very clingy, cuddly and lots of kisses again lately. Still tries to attract attention from strangers but hugs me for dear life if they do any more than smile at her.

She's been shaking her head and saying no, ba-ba (bye-bye), and favourite ATM, oh-oh! Very cute. Her other words are getting clearer, too. I think with her talking, she was talking young but as she didn't babble it took longer for the sounds to be understood clearly as words IYKWIM? :smt102

She woke up the other day when I was half way through putting the washing out, so I put her to play with her toys for a minute as I finished. Came back in to see her crawling towards me with blue stuff around her mouth so I picked her up and looked for what it was... found the lounge room with books (and bits of books) and photo albums everywhere! ](*,) As we walked in there, she said "oh-oh!" :roll: The blue turned out to be from her sister's kinda photos #-o

I think that's it...

Kellee Guest

Forum Name: Kellee
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 12.08.04
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Charles (Charlie)
    Baby's Website: n/a
    Health Concerns: n/a
    Notes: Having sleeping problems, but am on the way to fixing them. Crawling, sitting up on his own, hates solids (so far!) but will keep persevering!

Kellee Guest

Did I just put all of that info in the wrong place?! Sorry!

nope you did fine Kellee

Great to have you on board with us

Love

Kellee Guest

Like Adara, my little guy is pulling himself up to stand - luckily he's too young for the opening cupboards stage! He's crawling too - it's very funny to watch. What I'm wondering, though, is when do babies usually start talking? This is my first, and I don't really know about the milestones.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast