Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 Months to 12 Months, February '05

Wow... I have missed so much! It been hard to get on lately for a long post, Aidyn just isnt letting me! Plus whenever he is sleeping, DODO tends to not let me on , argh!!

Katanya - LOL, I know Aidyn fell asleep in the pram that day... but for being in his cot, it is a miracle for him to drop straight off!
    ...Sounds like things are pretty exhausting over there for you atm with the b/f'ing... Like you suggested, I hope those problems all work out at the same time as Felix's respiratory issues are sorted... Big ... I think you are doing great, I wish I had your patience and persistance
    Wow @ Felix going underwater, what a brave bubba!
    I hope you can find something really decent and affordable on Mt Tamborine... what a great place to live!! I will be sooo jealous, LOL! I'm sure Felix would love growing up there. Goodluck with it all! :luck: (trust me, I know how stressful the searching part it...)

Mel - LOL, dont worry, I didnt misunderstand what you wrote at all!
    Can just ask, how much does Gymbaroo cost?? I would love to take Aidyn to a class like that, but not sure if we have the finds atm.

Hey Christy - I hope you are feeling a bit better/more energetic soon... hopefully it is nothing serious... Do you think you may be low on iron??

Ok, that is all I have time for atm... I have a messy house just screaming to be cleaned... *sigh*

Ambah I so know what you mean about the messy house. That is what I am doing today too, cause I won't be tomorrow for obvious reasons LOL, plus we have playgroup in the morning, ILs tomorrow arvo then out for tea ARGH.

You guys sure have been doing some epic posts LMAO, but is great to read that everyone is doing really well

Love

Just a quick pop in from me.

Hey Ambah, love your new av! I know what you mean about never getting time to be online, it seems like forever since I was on here.

Brandon has a tooth now, and another coming through next to it, and boy are they sharp! Kinda glad I'm not breast feeding now, lol.

Brandon is still sort of crawling, looks more like a caterpiller than a boy lol. He can stand with assistance, and can pull himself up to kneeling or standing if he has the right support (ie my knes )

He claps his hands by himself now, and when he is on the change table he starts clapping to tell me he wants me to sing 'if you're happy and you know it..'

I miss hearing what all your little ones are up to, and wish I could post here more often. Please feel free to mail me, as I do get to check that at least once a day (thank god for nap time lol)

Great to hear from you Susan. Your ears must have been burning, cause I only asked Cailin today if she had heard from you lately.

Lachlan ate half a sandwich today =D> had a smear of butter and a smear of chicken paste on it and he loved it, so YAY that is easier than sitting there feeding him yoghurt or whatever.

Love

katanya Guest

Hi Susan!! I was thinking about you too, Kathryn and I must have conjured you up!! I was thinking about your amazing labour, STILL the best story ever (for those of you who haven't read it you MUST find it in the birth stories forum) also was thinking that Brandon and Felix are around the same age!

Brandon sounds like he is doing the same stuff as Felix, Felix is a caterpillar still, and is driving me crazy with his insistence that I help him walk and stand (he can climb up, but not pull up directly)

Ambah Thank for the words of encouragement, I am having a MUCH better night tonight, he is asleep after a good dinner and a BIG feed (breast not EBM) and I'm a happy camper! I think I was juts having a shocker of a night, but I seriously was ready to drive out and buy him formula..changed my mind tonight
    I know that Aidyn usually takes longer to settle than the other day, I am just teasing you, because they always put on the "angel" behaviour when out with people, Felix always eats HEAPS and makes me feel like a fibber when out with my mothers group!
    I have been having the same problems with Dodo too, don't you just hate them sometimes :fuming: I can relate to the house needing cleaning but I didn't do mine!

Kathryn that is really cool about the sandwich, how much easier is THAT than sitting there spooning food in?! what a great acheivement!

Well DP and I have decided it may not be time to buy, interest rates are going up soon, and things aren't pointing that way, BUT we have been talking about moving to rent at Mt Tamborine as we also discovered we can get a really great rental up there cheaper than out house here! we pay $280 a week, up there we saw heaps for under $250. So you & Christy will have to come and stay with us or at least visit! It is a BEAUTIFUL area, i am rather excited as the earthy Mumma in me yearns for a nice little earthy community to join! Plus cheaper rent means more savings!! So fingers crossed that things work out for us!

oh I hope so katanya!! Dh & I go to Mt Tambourine a few times a year so I can understand your love of the place & Good on you for your persistence! You are going so well with bf'ing! I was worried that what I said before would sound wrong, but I'm glad it went ok 8-[ I guess what I mean to say is its okay to be exhausted (I should know going to bed after this) and thank goodness you have a DH that is encouraging you on & wants to help you & give the best for Felix that you both can... so I wish expressing was easier for you! I know it was awful for me....

I guess in the end its always happy mummy = happy everything...LOL

Speaking of... Matilda again screamed for a few hours this arvo. I tried everything then put her in her cot with some toys & went to my room, closed the door & put two pillows over my head... luckily DH got home 5 minutes later... took Matilda out to the shops with him so I could just unwind.... I don't know how many more days of exhaustion and screaming sausage can go on for....

katanya Guest

Christy what you said made total sense and I was going to try the EBM tonight as I have it sitting in the fridge, DP had a late meeting and since I was feeling good I just thought we' d go for it ourselves (I was a bit upset when he told me becasue i'd planned on having a night off!) Felix has woken up 1 already and had ANOTHER feed on top of everything he already ate..but I just did it because I am having a better night. Thing is I have had such an easy run with breastfeeding I feel like I am getting tested a bit this end of things, I still can't imagine not doing it, not that I am anti formula, it's just all we know!

You are totally right happy mummy means happy everyone!!

I really hope things improve for you, I know that even a small demanding session from Felix can drive me up the wall, let alone hours of it! I think you are amazing that you can remove yourself from the sitution, it is totally healthy and normal to react to crying this way, it is our inbuilt instincts to feel distressed by it. I am glad your DH is such a supportive man, he sounds like an enormous help! I hope you get some answers from the Dr to what is making you so tired (apart from Matilda ) and hopefully you'll find a difference if you are low in iron or something!

Well...I've got an appt with the GP on Monday, but I'm actually going to a homeopath/natropath tomorrow. I've had some amazing results in the past with natural medicine and I also am going to have Matilda vaccinated for chicken pox & pneumococcal via homeopathic medicine. So I thought I'd make an appointment for both of us & if she can give us some insight then I'm willing to try anything... I've been on iron tablets for a few days now so hopefully those will help too... they are the one perscribed during PG...

BTW Matilda just did something amazing the last few days... she's finally holding her own bottle!!! YAY!!! So she can feed & I can be on BB at the same time!! It took a few goes but now she's proficient... she does like to stop a few times through & play with the bottle... she loves squeezing the teat & watching the milk come out, all over her of course...

katanya Guest

Wow Christy that is fantastic to hear about the naturopath, i too have strong believes in them but haven't been for some reason. I might go and take Felix to one to see what they think too!

We have had a busy day, went to pram push (first time in AGES..it was SOOO hot!!) then to my friend's house, then with her to her hospital appointment, and then picked up her son from school, her son (5 years old) LOVES Felix and he LOVES him..it's SO cute they sat in the back of the car and giggled together, I really hope it's like that when I have another child! I took him to have aftrenoon tea while his mum had her appointment! Felix ate heaps today! Always eats better when we are out!

Hiya Susan!! Great to see you around again!!!
    Brandon sounds like he is doing really well, and keeping you busy too!!

LOL... well, I managed to clean my house yesterday (I think? all days are the same...), but now it is messy again!! #-o

Tonight was mine and DP's anniversary of being together for 2 years! He came home from work with a lovely bunch of flowers for me, and I was soooo happy, cause he is normally not the romantic type, and forgot our anniversary last year! So I cooked him of lovely dinner of chicken mignon, and bought him some imported beers to celebrate

Oh no Christy... I hope you and Matilda had a better day today! Going to a naturpath is a wonderful idea!!
    My Nana (step-grandmother) is a Homeopath... I should really go and see her too, but have been out of contact for a few years..
    I am looking forward to seeing you and Matilda tomorrow at playgroup! \/
    Well done to Matilda for holding her own bottle! It certainly saves a lot of time doesnt it! Aidyn will hold his when lying down, but when he is sitting up he still hasnt learnt to tip it back, and he just sits there sucking on the air... :-s
    He did about 5 crawling steps yesterday, so he is making progress! He doesnt do it often though... he is quite content to sit with his toys and not go off and explore.... yet!

Kathryn - how cool is that that Lachlan ate a sandwich!! What a big boy!
    I tried to get Aidyn to do that with my sandwich today, but he's not really sure about biting peices off yet.

Katanya - I'm glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better about the b/fing...
    How sweet to hear of Felix and his little friend loving each other so much, and giggling away!.. isn't is just gorgeous to see how our babies get along with older kids (Aidyn is the same with his 4yo cousin Jade)

Anyway... time for me to go and tidy again, as my cousin is picking me up early in the morning to take me and Aidyn to playgroup... and I wont let anyone in if the house is a pigsty! 8-[

Brandon will eat bits of my sandwich if I break it off for him. I don't know if he'd bite it, but I don't want baby slobber all over my lunch lol. I'm not sure he could bite bits off yet, as his tooth is on the bottom, with the next one coming next to it, and nothing to see on the top yet, though he does ok with chewing what I give him, and mashing the pear cubes he gets.

Hello ladies, thought I'd say hi. Hey Kellee I've just spend a week at sleep school (and Mitchell won!). It sounds like you are doing a great job with the sleep thing as you are doing the same sort of stuff they showed me. I go in to settle when I feel its right, so it's not timed. I was a bit worried about the rules being a bit regimented so was relieved! The time it takes to re-settle is about 20 mins max for me too, but it seems to get shorter. I'm only getting up once at about 3am, and I'll try to address that soonish as Mitchell is 8 months. He will never be a great day sleeper but now when I put him down day or night, the most we hear is a half-hearted squark and he's out like a light! Bed time is 7.30pm now, no later and I realise I was leaving him up too late before (8.30-9pm). It is so sweet!! Keep plugging away girls, I've been at it for about 5 weeks, and not having the nightly/daily bunfight (which I was losing!) has changed that colour of my day.!!

Hearing everyone loud and clear on the house issue. Ive got what I thoght was an O.K deposit, slogging my ass off for ages, but now I see I've still got a ways to go BUGGER IT. Down here, a fairly crappy place in a dreary suburb is upwards of $260k. Hell, 3 years ago that would buy you a palace. I could maybe affford it, but I'd be stuck with no money to fix it up, or buy a new frige when this one finally craps out.

I think I just find a new, nicer rental for a while so I don't feel so bloody depressed living in this crapper just to save money.

I think I should start trying not to say crap anymore!!

Lulu

:smt039 Hi lulu!

and Susan I forgot to say how excited I was to see you around again Brandon sounds like he's doing so well!

Well yesterday was a great day for Matilda... unfortunately today hasn't been as good... so far she's been up for 1 1/2 hours and then started rubbing her eyes & yawning so I was trying to settle her & she went feral... she's having a quiet time in the cot atm, but isn't screaming, she's talking to something... oh a dog's in there with her so she must be talking to her. So.. I want her to sleep a little bit so that she'll enjoy playgroup... she won't be feral there!!

Morning girls. I think I will have feral boys on my hands later today too. They both never went to bed till 10pm cause we were out to dinner for my birthday.

Lachlan got his 4th tooth yesterday - Top Middle on his left hand side YAY

Christy - I responded to you in the National BB meet post in case you haven't seen it

Lulu - Well done to Mitchell for winning at Sleep School =D>

Love

katanya Guest

Well at least I know I'm not the only one with a sleep, and buying house delimah, it's very frustrating isn't it?

Ambah have a great time at the playgroup, after been isolated for ages it will be great for you too! I meet a few new mothers at the Pram Push and they were asking about things to join. I was going to join another playgroup but now I think I might wait till we move, and then look for a Mount Tambourine one! (If )

Susan on the teeth thing, I have often wondered that myself, do they need the teeth to chew more difficult things?like sandwiches? I am thinking of changing what I am offreing Felix to cubed veges and maybe fish fingers or something and then putting his poly joule in a dessert (as I know he'll at least eat that) because my friend said her baby won't eat pureed stuff now either, maybe the problem is just that I have been feeding him and he wants to feed himself? he ate a water cracker yesterday and actually swallowed most of it!!

Lulu, sounds like the sleep clinic worked really well for you guys! Most days are fine for us, just lately I've been finding the feeding in spurts and resettling difficult. After a fed him a big amount last night and he would go to sleep I just came and out and annouce it was DP's turn now, he seems to have the magic touch (or maybe more patience at the end of the day than me)
    I would say go for the fridge and the nice rental (we need a new fridge too the 2 shelves on the door just broke, and it's tiny and ours is only 4 years old) I think when we are able to have 2 incomes then it may be possible to buy. Life is about enjoying your kids and not stressing (my opinion) and for us right now for DP to work MORE and then to be tied up in a large morgage and fearful of interest rates is just NOT the point! Though since we want baby 2 in next year it maybe quite awhile yet!

Well Felix is marching when walked now, it is SO cute, he lifts up his little knees and steps around, he sits there with his arms up begging to be walked! No wonder he's sit caterpillar crawling! Though he did start pushing his legs under himself today, maybe we're heading for an all fours crawl yet??

Yay @ Felix walking along. Lachlan marches too, it is so cute. He is loving being able to pull himself up onto everything now, although he quite often does the splits if he stands there too long LMAO.

I should really get off this bloody computer my screaming headache from yesterday has returned. I took 3 nurofen to shake it yesterday and it worked, but only took 2 this morning. So will wait for a couple of hours and then take another 3 8-[

Love

oh yuck at the headache Kathryn... sorry I did see the post but DH & I didn't go online last night 8-[ I got home from puppy preschool & just collapsed... I got scared too and too a PG test because of the way I've been feeling & ever since Mel hinted I've been fearful.....its negative which is a huge relief for us at the moment... I'm still not convinced that Matilda needs a sibling, otherwise we'll be out there searching for houses too!!!

BTW on the housing thing... when we moved to QLD houses were around $150,000 that was only a few years ago! Now you couldn't find anything around that! We are so lucky we got ours under $200... just scraped in because withint 4 months it was well over that amount...& we would never be able to pay that sort of mortgage.

Thanks for the welcome guys!

I better point out that when I say Mitchell won at sleep school, I mean he beat them!! The nurses had to give up cos he was tougher!!!!
    I wasn't prepared to force him into 2hr afternoon sleeps when its just not his scene. He was getting mighty shirty though, and not fun to be around, refusing to go to sleep at all. Instead he has three 45mins-hr sleeps. It doesn't leave much time for much else, but I'm hoping as he starts to crawl and stuff he will get a bit more tired.

Feeling better about not able to $$$$ house. You're right, you gotta live a little. I'm now giggling at the thought of us busting our butts trying to get a huge mortgage.!!! Decent rental, fridge and decent bloody couch coming my way. Bugger the stoopid deposit. (DP can't work until knee surgery, me only part time now)

Lulu

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast