Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 Months to 12 Months, January '05

Hi Kathryn,

Probably about a month or so. I know she was doing it before christmas but is getting a lot more confident now.

Clare

Wow that is fantastic Clare. Lachlan is just pulling himself up onto various things now, but Kameron never walked till 18mths and 3wks so in no rush LOL.

Love

katanya Guest

Hi Clare, great to see a new face in here! Sound like you have your hands full with Shayla, Felix has just started commando crawling and loves to pull him self up on toys, but thankfully he's pretty slow still, I'm sure it won't be long before I am chasing him! Looking forward to learning more about you guys!

Hi there Clare! Thats a relief to hear about Shayla! Matida's started crusing in the last few days & its so scary!!

Katanya thanks for more info on family day care!! Matilda is on the waiting list for community day care for when she is older, I was thinking that she would go into day care when she was around 2 for 2 days a week, but looks like it might be sooner and I'll keep her on the list because when she is older I like the community child care scheme as well. (the waiting list here is for 15 months anyway...LOL!)

Hi Clare and Welcome!!!
    Wow Shayla sounds like an adventurous one, I bet she keeps you on your toes! That is amazing that she can walk holding onto stuff and she is only 9 months! :shock:
    Aidyn is almost 9 months and isnt even crawling yet, but he is getting close.. every day I see him getting stronger and more capable. I think I will try to enjoy him being stationary as much as I can as it wont be for much longer!

Thanks for the info on Family Daycare Christy and Katanya! I will certainly be looking into it... just not quite sure if we are willing to put aside $30 each time for it as things are pretty tight with money, and I'm not working/earning money even whilst Aidyn would be at daycare... But I will speak to them first and suss it out anyway I think.

Katanya - nope, no Osh Kosh clothes... he got a gorgeous pair of overalls though (a present from my MIL's cousin) I will put them on him when we meet up next Wednesday! (except now he has 4 pairs of overalls...LOL) How tall is Felix? I can pass him off a pair which Aidyn has just grown out of (he only wore them 3 times) I got them in the sales and bought the same pair in a size 1 & 2, hopefully the 2's will fit Aidyn for a little while longer... they just dont seem to be long enough in the body is all... so you can have the size 1's if you like?

Well today I spent 10 mins looking for the 'Baby' Petit Miam... but our Woolthworths doesnt seem to have it So I bought him some pauls yoghurts for 6 months+, hopefully he will enjoy them!

Tonight we moved Aidyn's cot into our bedroom... took one side off and put it next to our bed. I figure we will try to accomplish this sleeping thing in stages. So instead of sleeping in bed between us he will now have to get used to sleeping in the cot next to us, and then hopefully in the cot in his own room at some stage. Also if he wakes up again tonight (which he has done every night this week) I will not have to get out of bed to bring him back into our bed (it seems to happen at 2am every morning) as he will already be next to us... maybe he will even hear our breathing and not wake up and cry? fingers crossed!!

Well lastnight Aidyn's new sleeping arrangements were a big success... he didnt wake at all... except let out a cry once, and I patted him to let him know I was there and he went straight back to sleep
    And for once I dont have a sore back from sleeping in an odd position either (cause Aidyn usually takes up all of the room).

that is great news Ambah. Well done Aidyn. :hugs:

Love

Thats so good that you got some good sleep last night Ambah!

Matilda slept from 8pm until 4am straight!! YAY!! Then she had a bottle & would fall asleep in our arms and as soon as she got into the cot would wake up (but not until we were back in bed :-s ) So after a few failed attempts I brought her back into our bed, 10 minutes later she was trying to crawl over DH's head again & laughing... so back to her cot & she finally went to sleep around 5am #-o ...but the big YAY is that she slept until 7.30am!!! Which she hasn't done in months!! YAY!!! =D>

Woohooo for all the sleeping babies. I had a bit of trouble getting lachlan down last night, but he fell asleep in Tatty Teddys pool yesterday. they have a baby chair for the pool that he sat in, and he obviously found just floating around very relaxing as he put his head on the side and nodded off LOL.

Love

WOW thats amazing falling asleep in a pool!! YAY!!! I'm having heaps of problems getting Matilda to sleep anywhere outside of her cot atm... the sling does help, but sometimes she just refuses... I've decided as long as she's not screaming its fine!

katanya Guest

God we all do things at the same time don't we?? I got DP to drop the cot and put the rail back on on Sunday, because I have seen him trying to pull up on the bed rail and often he wakes and I don't hear him. So he is now sleeping in the cot (still next to the bed) for naps and when he goes to sleep at night (until I go to bed and he wakes the first time) it has been working SUPER well as I don't have to stress about him AT all, also we have been able to get him to sleep via patting rather than boobie I am going to aim over the next months to gradually get him sleeping without boobie at all, though it's such a great drug!

Ambah I am so happy that the side cot arrangement works for you, have you got it dropped? because I have had to now! Absolutely FANTASTIC news that he slept through! AND you had your space!
    How tall is Felix? I can pass him off a pair which Aidyn has just grown out of (he only wore them 3 times) I got them in the sales and bought the same pair in a size 1 & 2, hopefully the 2's will fit Aidyn for a little while longer... they just dont seem to be long enough in the body is all... so you can have the size 1's if you like?
    well actually I'm not sure about the height but he has a pair of 00 overalls that fit him so I'm sure the 1's will be good at some stage ,
    We'd absolutely love them, if you are sure you don't want to save them for your next child? What if you have another boy?
    He's a 0 in height but they are very baggy, and because of his proportions he's actually skinnier in the waist and legs than when he was in 000 8-[ He's been in 00's for 6 mths ! Can't say we don't get milage from his clothes!

kathryn: That is so CUTE Lachlan falling asleep in the pool, it must ahve been beautiful and calm in there!
    I'm with you Christy, Felix won't fall asleep unless it's in the car, or home..sometimes will nap in his pram but that's it! only if things are happening! If he's nnot whingy and tired (and he seems to be able to power on when being social) I don't care!

mama mel Guest

OMG it's hot in Melbourne ATM!!!! Last night I still couldn't sleep at midnight (it was still 30 degrees out!) so I snuck outside and went skinny-dipping in our spa to cool down! I love the new house now!!!!

Katanya, you still don't have any real answers on what's going on with Felix, do you? How are you coping with it all? Apparently most babies do stop eating as much at around this age, so if he wasn't doing to well before it would explain the next-to-nothing now.... Adara's going through a growth spurt so she's eating (and sleeping, YAY!) more than ever. I stopped BFing about a week after we moved in here. She went through a stage of wanting it ALL THE TIME and would only sleep if I BF her to sleep when we first moved, as she was really sick, teething and hated this place. I noticed that when she wanted to BF more, the more I was spotting (I'd spotted earlier aswell). So I checked out some American boards for ppl with close pgs like mine and noticed that a lot of them who'd been BFing still had m/cd their 2nd baby.... So even though the Drs told me it won't cause complications, I decided to stop and voila - no more spotting or cramping! Also, a couple of huge bites when she was teething helped in my decision!!! Funny thing is, she's forgotten she'd ever had it and won't even jump for them if I'm naked and is now so much easier to settle, I just put her in bed and walk away!

Do you really think she's talking??? Is that how other babies sound when they say their 1st words? I just thought it'd be a lot clearer, plus I never got the mamama or dadadada babble....

Ambah, so glad to hear that your new set-up worked with Aidyn! Fingers crossed things this keeps working for you! I don't know how you and Christy are still sane with babies who won't sleep right through the night! You know, I've started ordering my big grocery shops through Coles Online and just pick up the fresh stuff myself... Thought if you don't have a car that could really help you, I don't know how you're doing it. I think Safeway/Woolworths has a similar thing too.

Hi Clare and welcome. Wow, you sound like you have a very clever little girl! I love her name, too! I lose Adara all the time too but I found the perfect way to find her - open up the dishwasher and no matter where she is in the house, she'll be there in an instant, LOL! Look fwd to chatting more soon!

Mel

katanya Guest

Mel No, no real answers yet, we only suspect that he is burning up the calories because of the mystery respiratory illness, we actually have an appointment next week at the royal children's, I am meeting up with the Brissy girls beforehand for lunch. I am actually fine about the weight now, I am used to it and while his development, weight gain and happiness continue I am happy enough, I refuse to think of the "what if's?" because I think anything could happen to any of us any day so all we can work with what we have in the present. At the moment I have a happy little boy who is much easier to carry than the average 8 mth old!

I am glad you have done the right thing by yourself, Adara and your new bub interesting what you say about BFing and miscarriage. also about Adara being easier to settle, I suspect Felix would be the same, but we aren't ready to give up yet, I think Felix would give up boobie kicking and screaming. I think he can smell me as soon as I walk in the room while he's asleep, so will wake for a feed when I get to bed. Thing is if it is a respiratory issue changing won't change anything anyhow, and if he has an illness I would like to think the positives of BM will help him with that, even if I have to end up supplimenting to get his weight up. Can't see how I'm going to get it into him~!

Kathryn - ROFL @ Lachlan falling asleep in the pool, that is sooo cute! Did you get or photo or anything?

Christy - WOOHOO for Matilda!! That is a great big sleep she had!!

Katanya - Yeah we have our cot assembled on the lowest level possible (is that what you meant?) However his mattress is still only about 10cm lower than our mattress height, so once Aidyn is crawling no doubt he will be able to pull himself up there easily. Maybe by then we can rethink things and either put him back into his room, or just put the side back on, so he is still next to us, but not as accessible...
    I will bring the overalls on Wednesday then No worries about giving them away seeing as I have 2 of the same pair. I think with babies clothing the width never seems to matter that much, even though Aidyn is solid for his age everything still fits him around the waist, but just not lengthwise. I think these overalls are a very small make though.

Mel - Aidyn was actually a fantastic sleeper at the beginning, he was sleeping through from 8 weeks. But these past couple of months he wakes up most nights... I think he is crying because we are not there, so we would bring him to bed with us. I think he is going through that seperation anxiety phase.
    Wowee, a midnight skinny dip, what a way to beat the heat!! LOL
    It does sound like she Adara is talking!... if she has seperate sounds to identify different things, which sound quite close to the actual name, then it certainly does seem like she knows what she is/wants to be saying!
    Aidyn is doing that too atm... our cat is called Moggles, and he will sit there and call to him 'Mo...gg...s'!! He is trying so hard!

I just realised today that Aidyn has gotten his 5th tooth! It popped up next to one of his top ones, which is why I didnt notice as I thought it would be another bottom one next... maybe that explains why he has been waking up heaps as well.
    He is going great guns with his backwards crawling today... he does it up on all fours and just keeps going until he accross the room... poor boy though, I think he is trying to go forwards really, LOL!

mama mel Guest

Wow Katanya, you've got such a great attitude about everything, that's fantastic. What you said about the 'what ifs' is so true! I'm glad you're feeling so good about it all. IKWYM about giving up booby, from what you've said I doubt you'll be able to stop anytime soon! I'm sure Adara would've been the same if the taste hadn't changed from being pg!

Ambah - Yeah, you must be right about the separation anxiety. Gee that can be pretty hard to deal with when they get really clingy! I found it so much harder to get up during the night when I was used to sleeping through than it was in the beginning... Hope things ease up for you! I can't believe how many teeth he's got!
    Wow Aidyn must be a big boy, you know Adara's only in 000 to 00's still?!

katanya Guest

Ambah before I forget, back on the childcare issue you said you wouldn't be able to afford the $30 did you realise that you get a large percentage back from Child Care benifit, and the amount you get back depends on your income, and since you only have 1 it should be quite a high percentage! So have a look into the cost, you might be surprised!
    Wow Aidyn does have a lot of teeth, Felix has only got 2 and a half so far, I am hoping more will come soon as then it will help him eat better! I put him into a pair of second hand 0 overalls today and they fit well, I think it depends on the make the 00 ones are Osh Kosh I they are a bigger make.
    On the cot, just go with how things go, I mean you can always move it back in his room if things are going well, it's not a permanent thing! I am really happy with the lowest level too, but the rail makes a big difference for my peace of mind now he is able to pull up. I also have moved the bed slightly away from the bed so I can put him in easier for naps and pat him etc..it is working SO well, I think he was ready for this new stage!

Christy i must have missed the post on Matilda sleeping through! woohoo well done!! Shame about the morning rising time though!

Mel I have sort of convinced myself we'll be feeding long term, some times I do have my times, especially when I worry about his weight and sleeping, but generally I am very happy still feeding him. I am going to TTC in december so I'm thinking we'll aim for then, which is why I am trying to get the other stuff like sleeping sorted out first!

Urgh... we did not have a good night lastnight... Do babies have a growthspurt at this age (9 months)?? Cause many of the nights he has woken up crying he will not settle until we give him a bottle, and he will gulp the whole thing, and then will be starving again at 4 hours later (at 6am) for another one... this is not normal is it?? I always offer him water frst too just in case he is only thirsty, but it never satisfies him...

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast