Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: 6 Months to 12 Months, January '05

hmmm....Matilda's been doing that the last week except for our night of bliss... she's been waking up around 3-4am and having a bottle and drinking more than she usually would...

Matilda's in 00's or 0's at the moment... due to height.. the rest of the clothes look a bit baggy, but we don't mind .

OMG... she just pulled the string that holds her in the jolly jumper and its come undone...lucky she just laughed & crawled away!!! I'll have to come up with something really clever now....

Hey Christy/Ambah

Lachlan did that a month or two ago as well. Went on for about 2wks. Waking up at 2am wanting a drink. I only gave him water with a tiny bit of Ribena in it as I didn't want him to get into the habit of having milk again at the time of morning.

As i said lasted about 2 weeks and he started sleeping thru again and hasn't happened since

Love

I have tried giving him a drop of Ribena in water but he doesnt like it... doesnt like any juices for that matter which seems a little strange, LOL!
    I definately do not want to get into the habit of feeding him at 2am though... I just dont know what else to do atm... I hope it stops soon... I am giong to try and feed him as much as he will possibly eat before he goes to bed tonight, and give him his solids later as well, maybe that will make a difference.
    Anyway, I have to get back to him now... he is a very cranky and sooky boy today

Ohh must be the day for it Ambah. I have two very cranky and sooky boys as well. I ended up giving Lachlan a dose of panadol to settle him down as he has been grizzly for a few days but no sign of top teeth yet.

Kameron had just done everything possible to infuriate me. But atm he is being good and sitting down reading a story to his bird.

Love

I just gave Matilda some panadol too! & put her in the cot for some time to settle down as her crankiness over the last 2 hours has gotten to me...

She's definately teething, but no signs of the little buggers....grrr

mumof4under4 Guest

Forum Name: mumof4under4
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 2nd August 2004
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Bianka Rose
    Baby's Website: n/a
    Health Concerns: eczema/breaks out in a rash, illergic to alot of things like nappy san.
    Notes: Bianka was thirteen days late, I was taken to the hospital to get induced. I went into labour at 3pm, around 4.30pm I had the gas and then I fell asleee cause all I can remember around 5.30pm they were saying I needed the epidural I got it and fell asleep while getting it, then at 6pm I woke up and they were saying i needed a top up as I was screaming I said no and started to push and said I'm pushing and they just let me go for it. She came out 54.5 cms long and 9 pound 15 ounces big.

katanya Guest

Welcome mumof4under4

Welcome Leanne!!
    Wow, Bianca sure was a big girl when she was born, and so long too!! The midwives thought Aidyn was long (53cm), but Bianca beats him hands down!
    How are you finding it, coping with 4 kids under 4 years of age?? It must be a real handful, I admire you so much, I have enough troubles with just 1 atm! LOL!

katanya Guest

Ambah I have meet a little boy born 78 cms..no joke! He was the longest baby born in the Gold Coast Hospital since the 70's ! I don't know what is going on tonight every post I have tried to make has glitched.. [-o< this one works!

katanya Guest

Okay now I feel better everything is working again! Leanne, i am totally in awe of the spacing of your children! I am too scared to even have 2 that close together!! What are your evenings like??

O..M..G!! 78cm!!! That is taller than Aidyn is now!! I mean HOW?? LOL

I have had a terrible night trying to get Aidyn to sleep, he has just dropped off now...we started trying at 8pm! It takes us 2+ hours every night and it is really wearing me out... all I wanted to do tonight was dye my hair, which I cant do until Aidyn is in bed & asleep obviously. I just dont know how to settle him anymore, he cries and cries... he isnt happy sleeping on his back, or side OR tummy, he can't settle himself usually either... I'm beginning to think I have done everything wrong... but I just can't leave him to scream for longer than say 5 minutes - I physically can't do it...

Anyway, I am off to dye my hair now...

oh Ambah big ! Its so hard to settle them at night! Matilda takes longer at night, always... but we're now down to 20 minutes... Thank goodness!! But you haven't done everything wrong!! Its really hard for them because they are changing right now too, going from one way of doing things to another at this age... so your instincts have done so well he'll figure out what he likes, and then you can help him get to sleep and it won't take as long! Good luck!

Welcome Leanne!!

Well...we had friends over last night & it did take Matilda ages to get to sleep, mainly because DH usually does it but he was too busy chatting to pay the attention to her that she needs at that time of night... ](*,) so what was supposed to be my night off turned into a settle fest... so instead of our normal 20 minutes I was with her for 45!! Grrr... but the other thing is that DH did everything throughout the night & I woke up at 6.40 and she is still asleep!!OMG!! Straight to BB!

Thankfully after all of our drama's settling Aidyn lastnight, he had a great sleep and didnt wake once or want a feed or anything. Maybe its because I stuffed him full of dinner later than usual, and he ate moer than usual.

I'm sure you are right Christy, as everything is changing with him so much now... I just hope he figures out what he wants, SOON!

Woohoo for another great sleep Matilda! \/

We were in middle of nowhere last night and had a very cranky baby. Finally found a supermarket still open in a country town and got some bonjela. Put that in Lachlans mouth and he was asleep 15 mins later. Still no sign of those teefers though

Love

If anyone is around... I just found a HUGE blister on Matilda's finger...HUGE... don't know what I should do about it???

just put a bandaid on it and let it heal naturally

lachlan always gets blisters on his toes from pushing himself along commando crawling and he had a huge blister across his hand when he touched the hot oven.

Love

thanks Kat... thats helped settle me down 8-[ I'm the one that needs settling, she's absolutely fine! LMAO

](*,) she's just pulled off the third bandaid & popped the blister in her last attempt & then was sucking on it, but doesn't seem to disturbed so I think I'll leave it O

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast