Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 Months to 12 Months, January '05

OMG Christy !!! She just surpassed Lachlan. We haven't got quite that far yet. He will stand and hold on if you place him there and he gets onto his feet if he is hanging onto his rocker, but hasn't tried to cot as yet and we dont have a playpen.

Love

yep we just spent two hours trying to settle Matilda & she just kept getting to her feet & then falling over & hitting her head because she is so tired ](*,) ...but finally asleep now & with a full belly as we fed her again to try & weigh her down LMAO...

LMFAO @ trying to weigh her down !!! too funny

Love

katanya Guest

Brooke that is fantastic about the not weighing thing in WA, I have had a lot of trouble my boy and his weight, he has only gained 500 grams in 4 mths, there seems to be something else causing it, but I think if I could just see that as a separate issue than constantly worring about the "grams", it can become obsessive! I hope you and milli are doing okay with all those fires, I can imagine the smoke would make it hard to breathe! Good idea not telling too many people about the TTC as then it's not such a let down when nothings happening and everyone is asking! (I have to remember this myself when I try!)

Christy: OMG your girl is just amazing..on her feet at 7 mths!!! I have to say you were totally right about the moving fast REALLY quickly, yesterday he was this unco-ordinated caterpiller, today he's putting both arms out and pulling his body and legs behind him full speed to get to desired objects!!! OMG they learn SO quick..but the positive is he played by himself really well for ages just cruising around his toys..wow!
    LOL @ the weighed down Matilda!

We snuck into Matilda's room this morning & she was holding on to her cot sides & bouncing up & down & when she saw us she let go & smashed her head, 10 minutes of crying later and now she has a beautiful green bruise there... #-o shouldn't have surprised her like that, but we both wanted to see what she was doing as we knew she was up but she wasn't as loud as she normally is... ](*,) ](*,) All okay now, she's just a bit tired...after the crying... she's been up for two hours now so I feel okay letting her go to sleep now...LOL

Ouchies poor Matilda !! I remember Kam used to always be covered in bruises on his forehead etc, and one week I didn't go shopping cause I was scared someone would accuse me of abusing him he had that many lol.

Love

katanya Guest

OOOH poor Matilda!! bet she's bouced back.. wow she is so clever, I can imagine Felix doing something like that, if he was able! I am going to have to think seriously about putting him into his cot during the day for sleeps, currently he just sleeps in our bed, we have bed rail on one side and cot on the other and then I put every pillow we own around the bed, but this morning he was trying to pull himself up on the bed rail 8-[ I did start using the porta cot, but stopped when we packed it up to go to Grandma's!

yep bounced back well enough... for crawling & pulling herself up... then I just was trying to settle her in her cot & the phone rang & I went to answer it & BANG scream... matching bruise on the other side #-o ...
    What do I do?? I mean she will have to learn how to do it, but really... then the nap time was over... #-o just happened again!

LOL Christy she will soon get the idea if she lets go she will get a sore head

Love

Argh, just heard Lachlan scream blue bloody murder and I knew he was in Kam's room as Kam is supposed to be in bed cause he was naughty.... anyway I go charging in there thinking Kam had done something to him and Lachlan had pulled one of Kamerons drawers out and it fell on top of his head. I think there might have been some big brother help though. I went in there and all I could see was lachlans body.

He has some nice lines running across his head now. Must be joining Matilda in the wars

Love

oh poor Lachie!! They will have matching bruises!

katanya Guest

WOW sounds like Matilda and Lachlan have had a busy ouchie day 8-[
    Hope they are both okay and settled in bed without any further injuries. Christy you poor thing it would be really hard to watch her hurt herself so much, but Kathryn is right she'll learn eventually that it's not the best thing to do. I think thsi stage is the hardest, watching them learn through pain..I hate it I just want to protect him from everything!

Felix was weighed today and put on 130 grams in a week, and that is with starting to crawl as well..yay Felix!! he finally has some covering over his ribs! Girls in my mothers group were holding him and they thought he was SO tiny..be interesting for Ambah to see the difference, I was cuddling Cooper who weighs as much as Aidyn today and he felt SO big in comparison, I wouldn't be able to carry him!

OMG @ Matilda standing!!! Poor little chook though smashing her head like that - I'm sure she'll get the hang of it soon enough though

And Yikes at poor Lachie as well!!!!!
    Gee the babies really are in the wars today, I just hope they dont somehow pass on any ideas to Aidyn, LOL!

Yay for Felix gaining again! He is on a roll!! (no pun intended, LOL ) I can't believe he has picked up the crawling so quickly too, that is scary!!
    And trust me Katanya, Aidyn is hard to carry, I wish I could carry him more than I do, but it just gets exhausting and uncomfortable (I'm getting nice arm muscles though!)

Aidyn is going through a really clingy phase atm. He starts whingeing as soon as he is put down, and every time he sees us he waves his arms up and down and yells until we pick him up. He has us both totally wrapped around his little pinkies I think! But I do think it is a natural stage around this age to have a bit of seperation anxiety...

Anyway, back to my housecleaning....

katanya Guest

Ambah:LOL @ the arm muscles from lifting Aidyn, i must say the ability to carry Felix easily is a definate advantage of having a low weight baby! Hopefully he won't been one for much longer! I found the organic rice pudding but it was on sale and only 1 jar left!, is that what you were looking at? I found a stawberry yogurt dessert that was REALLY high in calories, also bought him some peitite Miums yogurts which he loved! My life is about baby food! I think he might have been off his food due to a slight cold..hopefully?

The intense separation anxiety is really popular at this age, you should have seen my mother group and all the crying babies today..they all just wanted to be cuddled by their mummies! All except 1, Boston, he is a male version of Matilda and has been crawling since 5 mths, he is pulling himself up also and holding on quite comfortably with 1 hand! It was pretty funny, most of them are crawling and they were all rolling over each other and pulling hair and kickin each other in the mouth etc..and then bawling their eyes out! *sigh* life was definitely easier when they were all tiny!

ROFLMFAO @ the description you gave of the babies at your Mothers group!!
    most of them are crawling and they were all rolling over each other and pulling hair and kickin each other in the mouth etc..and then bawling their eyes out! *sigh*
    :chairfall:
    Yep, its the Only Organics creamy rice pudding I think... and thats great that he loves the petit mium yoghurts!
    I might get some of those for Aidyn I think (and I dont really care what the fat content is cause yoghurt is good for him!) I have eased off a bit with my worries about how much fat he is eating after the CHN reassured me. The only thing she cautioned me about was staying away from juices, cause he doesnt need those unnessecary kilojoules, but that is fine cause he just doesnt like baby juice anyway, not even a drop of Ribena (which is great for vitamin C) he just refuses to drink it.

katanya Guest

yep Ambah it's a bit of a circus

OMG I put Felix on his nappy free sheet and he was happily rolling around with his toys and I hopped on the computer, next minute I hear grunting and he's crawled himself over to me at the computer and is currently attacking my mouse pad which has fallen on the floor! Wow, I have to say he's SO much happier on the floor now, no more crying to come and get him!

Thats great katanya! Felix sounds like he's going really well!

Yesterday Matilda kept crawling to the front door & climbing up and banging on the screen standing up :shock: and yelling, in a happy way...
    LMAO! She was doing that when DH got home, and he said it looked like she was trying to get help to escape...I wonder where she would go if we let her out...LOL

But today she's only stood up once... :-k maybe she is learning her lesson!

Still really hard to settle her, so last night I just put her in her sling & sat on the fit ball bouncing talking with our friends who were visiting & she fell asleep! YAY! I still love our sling...

katanya Guest

She was doing that when DH got home, and he said it looked like she was trying to get help to escape...I wonder where she would go if we let her out...LOL
    LMAO perhaps she wanted to put her skateboard to better use than the longeroom?

That is fantastic about the sling you have a hug a bub don't you? I think next baby I will buy that type as the sling I have was great while he has a newborn to put him to sleep but now is only good for hip carrying.

Christy you were right about the third day, he has been pulling at my computer, trying to eat the wires, then trying to push the button to turn on and off, then he crused to the shelves where he pulled a drum on top of himself and now has a small cut and what looks like a bruise *sigh* it's begun! he's now upset because I put a box infront of the buttons !!

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast