Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 6 months - 9 months, April '05

mooshie Guest

hi girls

someone tell me was there a full moon last night lol.
    lani was shocking - she woke at 3am and i thought hmm this is strange it has been at least 2wks since she stopped doing this - anyway she was awake from 3am till 5am which is when i bit the bullet and fed her, poor ds was awake to, kept saying she was keeping him awake and he couldn't get back to sleep - i offered to close his bedroom door but he wouldn't have a bar of it. don't know what was wrong am thinking maybe a couple of top teeth as today cheeks are a little red - who knows #-o , i ended up waking her at 8.30am to try and keep her in somewhat of a routine today, but we jay had swimming and she wouldn't go back down before it, she ended up sleeping in my arms at swimming - have put her down at 2pm she better stay there until 5pm lol - hopefully it was a one off and tonight is better.

michelle = do you have sleeping bags for jessica, i just got a light windcheater type fabric one from big w cost around $12 and she wears that with her flanette pj's underneath and she doesn't wake up cold anymore - i was going to buy a growbag but couldn't justify the cost when i used the cheaper ones with my other 2 and they were fine - i just have to think about what pj's to put under.

well i am knackered and i have to get organised for jay's family birthday party for this saturday, the broom and mop are out but for some reason they are not working my themselves, so i better attempt to get some jobs done.

send sleepy vibes this way for tonight.

have a good day

Oh Michelle I hope it was a one off. I do have sleeping bags for Jessica, cos she was cold and I too brought cheap windcheator ones, although one isn't as thick and it seems to be the one she woke with the other night. You have been using them with Lani haven't you?

lara- it is so great, 5kgs is such a small amount. And if a sz 12 is good for your builg then why try to be smaller. As long as you get to your healthy weight range and are feeling good that's what counts. It is also amazing what weight loss does for your self esteem, makes you feel so good about all the little things. How's Alana today?

Hi to everyone else. When does kellee get back?

We are going out for tea for my brothers bday, kids eat free so that's a bonus, I feel like a lovely meal cooked by someone else, actually If eel like that all the time.LOL

Josh was sup[er naughty at the dentist and is banned from xbox and couldn't go to his friends so he is very sad.

See ya michelle

Back again to chat to myself by the look of it LOL

Where is everyone. I am about to jump off her and go watch the last amazing race, I know Michelle will be doing the same thing.

Had my gf tell me today how much fun I was on Sunday night when they were over for dinner, I had a few drinks and she said I was really funny and she had a great time chatting and stuff. That's the 2nd time someone has told me that, I think I need to drink more often. Arron agreed and I said fine then he should drive more often....He didn't say anything to that!

Nothing to report with my girl, she is standing up against any and everything. Saying Nan but still not Mum! She is even starting to move from on place to another without getting down I guess she is almost cruising. SHe is just too clever. Kids all went to bed before 8.30pm and I am so tired, just can't wait to crawl into bed.

hope you all have a great day tomorrow and hope you and your bubs are all well.

Cheers Michelle

Hey everyone!

Well I have just ordered Mothers Day presents. I got mum and mil mugs with Alana's picture on them, with a message saying I love you. They will love it. The only thing is I'm sure the Dads will be jealous! I just hope I can get them before mothers day. Its not to bad for mil as she will be still in Italy, but I would like to be able to give it to mine.

By the way I added a new pic to Alana's website. Its the one I will be using on the mugs.

One of my friends just had her second baby. A little girl named Charlie. Not sure of the exact stats, but I think she is little. I am hoping to see her tomorrow if mum is up for visitors. It makes me all clucky.

Okay I'm going to look around a little more than head of to bed.

Yasin had his 6 months needles today. It was really traumatic for both of us, he was crying so loudly after the first one and then when they did the second one he was just screaming and was so distraught that I was nearly in tears too. He didn't want to sleep tonight and was scunching his eyes like he was in pain so I gave him a bit of the baby panadol and he went straight off to sleep.
    He's getting closer to crawling. Today he got up on all fours and then made a really fast lunge at the toy he wanted and he got there.
    We saw his ECHN today as well and she seemed really pleased with his progress.
    I've got have a wierd lump cut out of my back next week. Its really itchy and annoying. The Dr thinks its a cyst which sounds kind of grotty but I'm glad its nothing worse.
    I went to see one of my best friends for dinner last night and she told me that she's off to Palestine for 2 or 3 months in 6 days. Its a bit sudden. She's been planning to go for a while but she was meant to be leaving in June. She's pregnant so I'm a bit worried about her travelling over there. The hospitals aren't the world's best and with all the checkpoints it can take half a day to make a 20 minute journey. that nothing goes wrong.
    DH is home from the gym so I'd better go and be sociable.

Kellee Guest

Hello ladies!

Wow... so much to catch up on! I won't have a chance to go through the forum thoroughly today to see what's been happening to y'all, but I hope you're all well and that your bubs are being angels (I'm sure they are!). Cohuna and Barham was wonderful - it was lovely to show off my little boy to new people. He coped surprisingly well - he was only grizzly when he was tired and everyone fell in love with him (of course!). The weird thing was that Charlie woke up really early every morning which is strange because I thought he would wake up later seeing that it gets light later down south. Weird. And frustrating! It's tricky sleeping in someone else's house - I felt like I had to get up to Charlie every time he made a sound so that he wouldn't wake anyone els up, whereas at home I would usually leave him to put himself back to sleep. So now he's in a couple of bad habits, but I'm sure he'll go back to his normal night time routine in a few days.

Anyway, so much to do, so little time! Charlie hasn't been sleeping for long recently, so I'd better go and do the housework while I have a chance.

Big hugs to you and your bubs.

- Kellee.

Kellee Guest

Hello again. Just catching up on all of your ‘goings on’ through the week, as I seem to have missed a lot!

Hi dachlostar! I’m not sure if I’ve communicated with you before. Yasmin is such a lovely name. How did you decide on that one? Sorry that the needles didn’t go so well. I hate that bubs have to have them, but the alternative is potentially so much worse. Hope he recovered quickly.

Hello to Pee too. Your bub is so cute! Such beautiful eyes. Six teeth! What a good little fella. Hope they weren’t too bad for him.

Poor mitch… It’s horrible when we have to bite the bullet and put them in their own rooms, isn’t it? I wish I found it easy, but it was hard for me too. Because Charlie is my first I spent the first few nights lying awake worrying about him and checking on him now and then – I think I would have had more sleep if he’d stayed with us! I’m glad that that stage is over though. I think I will try to put our next bub in his/her own room from the beginning. Although, I may get to that stage and change my mind. How’s it going now? Are you ok with it? LOL that Jess is saying everything but “mum”! Always the way… we go through pregnancy, labour, and all the other rotten stuff and we can’t get a simple word out of them! Cheeky monkeys.

Congrats on the promotion, spiddles… sounds like you really deserved it. And you’re so busy! You must be Super Mum.

Mooshie – I love the shy thing. When we went away there were so many new people for Charlie to meet that he did it all the time and I felt very loved! When we’re just at home I’m not important to him (lol) but when we’re out it’s great! Maybe I should do it more often… So cute about the waving! I can’t wait for Charlie to do that. Haven’t tried cruskits yet. Good idea though. What’s in them? I just microwave fingers of bread on medium high, turning every 30 seconds until it’s hard. They make good rusks. Charlie loves them. He also loves to throw them on the floor. *sigh* That’s great that Jay liked Auskick. Such a wonderful thing for kids to do. It’s awesome that DH is in on it too – my dad and brother have been best mates ever since dad coached my bro at footy when he was about 6. So cute about his tooth – what’s the Tooth Fairy’s going rate these days? I remember when I lost my first tooth, the Tooth Fairy left a tiny little note that I had to use a magnifying glass to read! It was so wonderful.

Lara – sorry to hear about the solids thing. They can be such fusser little buggers, can’t they? Charlie’s usually ok, but he has his fussy days (usually when he’s teething) so on those days I make sure I have a little bit of a couple of things rather than lots of one, eg. Avocado on toast and a little bit of fruit in a bowl. That way, if he gets grizzly I just swap for a minute. The change of tastes distracts him, and he eats a bit more. Congrats on losing more weight! You’re doing such a fabulous job. 30kgs… what an inspiration! I reached goal before I went on hols, but I still want to lose about 3 or 4 more. I’m not going to kill myself over it though… I think once you hit goal you just have to see what weight your body is comfortable with. Life’s too short to obsess over it, hey?

Well, I’m glad I got a chance to see how you’re all doing. DH is at a rehearsal tonight, so I had to do the putting to bed thing on my own and allowing myself time to check my forums is my reward! Hope you all have a lovely weekend, and look forward to catching up with you soon.

-Kellee

P.S. Sorry the post is so long!

Welcome back Kellee- glad you had a good time and don't worry about Charlie, Im sure a couple of nights in his own cot will have him back into routine.

I am coping ok with Jessica being in her own room, it is annoying though to have to get up and walk through the house to give her her dummy. but I have to do what I have to do. I do miss her but I have the monitor so I do hear her loud and clear and it is nice to be grownups in our own room too.

Jordan has netball tomorrow and Josh has Auskick on Sunday so no sleepins here on the weekedn, I am going to put the kids to bed at 9pm, so they get enough sleep so they aren't grumpy tomorrow. Arron is playing footy in Melton but I am not going, it's just too far and I can't be bothered listening to the whinging all day. We will go next week when it is a home game.

See ya
    Michelle

mooshie Guest

Hi girls

hmm let me see if i can remember everything.

michelle - what did you think of the last amazing race? i was disappointed kris and jon didn't win, i was on the edge of my seat lol. I hear you on the moving jessica into her own room, it took a while for me to adjust. on the dummy thing, i have lani's dummy on a chain and she grabs it herself most times or holds onto the chain, i try and put it as low as possible as i am scared she will choke herself but the chains are quite sure now. i still worry though. I also hear ya on the no sleep in weekends lol, i really hate getting up early on the weekends and i feel like i am the only one up at 7am on a sunday, silly i know but with the cold mornings lately it is hard to get up, as dh usually works on sundays i quite often bring lani and jay into bed with me and we have a cuddle and listen to the radio (makes it a bit bearable).

dachlostar poor yasin and his needles don't you just hate it, lani starts screaming when the start to swab her leg - so she knows now - i dread it, she is coming up for her last pnemecocal (sp?) in the next few weeks and i am already dreading that one - probably also cause i am due for my smear 8-[

lara what a brilliant idea - those mugs for mothers day - where do you go to arrange that - an ideal pressie for my mum but am thinking i may have left it a bit late. i hate mothers day i never know what to get mum and usually end up getting her a voucher for a mini facial as a treat - (but they are around $50) and mum gets annoyed at me spending that much on her - you can never win with mums hey lol

kellee welcome back - sounds like you had a great time - and the weather down her in vic, would have been to your liking, it has been so nice the last few weeks quite bizarre. lani has eaten one cruskitt - i gave her a plain one the other night - she loved it just sucked away on it until she had enough which she then piffs over the side of the highchair whatever she doesn't want - ds is highly amused by this lol. the have basically wheat in them - nothing to bad from memory and the go nice and soft and squishy easy, i love them with vegemite.

well am having a lovely night tonight - dh and my dad have gone to see carlton and hawthorn play at telstra dome tonight - dad said he would have him home before midnight, i said i don't care what time he comes home - i am going to veg out on the puter and eat a boost bar and also dh is taking jay to auskick at 9am in the morning whilst i stay home and prepare for the party. it is jay's 5th birthday on the 6th may but am having a family birthday party for him tommorrow and he is having a party with his friends on his birthday (to many people to combine the two lol) he is soooooo excited - more about the pressies tho i am guessing.

lani has eaten her first "grownup" meal lol - i made spag bog the other night, from scratch i might add (only cause i didn't have a jar of dolmio lol) i added grated vegies etc and as i don't eat mince i just up rump steak very finely, had the small spiral spag and mixed it all in, she gobbled it up - all her chin was stained like tomato. and she stated smacking her lips together - so i was quite happy it was to her liking lol.

on the crawling front - she is now going frontwards commando and not backwards so less frustrating for her but for me ahh the fun starts, i keep finding her under the buffett, jay is running around making sure she is safe so cute (novelty will wear off soon i guess) and today she put her bum right in the air and then moved forward with her forearms so she is getting the hang of it - and i think i can confidently say that she has definately skipped the rolling from back to front - just not interested she just whinges for me to put her on her front lol.

have a quick question on teeth - think i will post it on the teeth forum area this post is long enough sorry.

have a great weekend all

Hi everyone, I hope you're all well.
    I was so annoyed that Freddy and Kenrda won The Amazing Race. For some reason I can't quite put my finger on Freddy just disgusted me (did you see him freak when he got a little bump on his head?) and Kenra was grotty (she ditched her backback about 3 or 4 episodes from the end and from then on she was always wearing the same cloths - they must have stunk :feelsick: - I can only hope that at least she had some clean underwear in Freddy's bag). I wanted Adam and Rebecca to win. They cracked me up, Adam was such a wuss and Rebecca was so strong.

Yasin had his first swimming lesson today. DH went in the water with him, it was so cute. He started to get the hang of it really fast and by the end of the lesson he was already kicking his little legs and trying to chase his toy fish around. He looked so suprised when he got dunked under the water. They blow on thier faces first so they don't breath in and then *dunk*. There were only 3 bubs in each class which is nice because it means that they get alot of individual attention. Next week its my turn to go in. I can't wait. He went straight to sleep when we got home so I'm going to try to find some more physical activities for him so that he sleeps better.
    DH was meant to have the day off but he's just gone off to work instead until 6 or 9 tonight.

Michelle, I hope Jay enjoys his party. I can't wait until Yasin has parties. I'll probably get over it pretty quickly once he's had a few. Mind you I'll probably have to plan them months in advance to stop MIL from trying to hijack them.
    woohoo for Lani on getting out of reverse. lol at Jay making sure she's safe. He sounds like such a helpful little boy.

Michelle, I think that I'll be really sad when Yasin goes to his own room. DH suggested it the other night because he suddenly got it into his head that "all the other babies sleep though" and maybe Yasin would too if he was in his own room. I doubt that it would make any differance, I'd just have further to travel when he wakes up. He only wakes up twice at night now and sometimes only once so its not like too much hassle.

Kellee, It sounds like you had a great holiday. I hear you on the picking up bad habits on holidays thing. We're still trying to sort out the sleep thing after going to Melbourne nearly 2 months ago.

Lara, The mugs sound really cute, I'm sure that the Dad's will be envious.

Michelle- I was disappointed too for Kris and John, I think they did deserve it more as they were so great together and Kendra and Freddy were sort of whingy, I thought I didn't care who won until Kris and John lost LOL. Oh well, the next one is starting next week YAY!
    Josh had dummy chains but he never used them at night, I don't even know where they are now. She would probably just rip it off. Most times I only have to get up once, and sometimes not at all. This morning she woke at 4am I gave the dummy, then at 7am I gave her her bottle. SHe feeds herself in her cot, so I go back to bed, and then she slept again till 8am. So it isn't too bad. I was up at 7.30am and took Jordan to netball, but Arron brought everyone at half time and then left me there while he got a lift to Melton to play footy. I wasn't dragging everyone there as it was way cold today and I am just going to stay close to home.
    How cute for Jay to be following Lani around and woo hoo on forward motion, you poor thing now you are buggered, just like me. Jessica goes all over the house and pulls herself up on everything andis now starting to cruise the furniture. She will be 8 months in 2 days, BOOHOO! I wouldn't be surprised if she walks at nine mths. I will really be sad though. I put the handle up on her walking hippo thing last night and showed her how to hold onto it and then thought "No don't show her that!" She didn't like it as it moved forward when she leaned on it. I am not going to show her it again for awhile, I need to put the brakes on her, want her not to do anything else till she is 1, yeah right LOL as if! I hope your DH had a good time last night, and that you got a nice relaxing break. And yay at the spag bol. I was being lazy the other night and I tried to get Jessica to eat spaghetti dinosaurs from the tin, very naughty, but she wouldn't so she ended up with banana, should have thought of that first. Hope Jay's party goes well, I remember Josh telling me that at 5 he was almost 10 LOL! How quickly they grow up. How many people are you expecting? I bet he is dying for the pressies too, who could blame him?

Dasch- yay at the swimming lesson, so glad Yasin liked it. Bday parties are fun, but better when they are over.LOL Mine have a huge 1st bday with everyone invited and then just small ones after that. Jessica's first bday will be like Jemma's, about 100 people, it's ridiculous I know but Arron's mum is one of 10 and all Arron's cousins have partners and some have kids so that's what happens. It is only a one off thing so it doesn't matter.
    Putting Yasin in his own room won't stop him waking but you will have to walk further, that's the thing I hate the most, that I now have to go to the end of the house to fix her up.

Lara- did you get the mugs online or through a shop? I saw them online once and was going to do it too, it prob is too late now, but I must think of it closer to the next occasion. Maybe Father's day.

Anyway I must dash lots to check up on here and Jessica will wake up any second now.

See ya

mooshie Guest

phew what a day, had a great time and am sitting down polishing off leftovers lol.

jay had a ball we had around 35 adults and 5 kiddies (it was just a family birthday party) i never used to do a family birthday but got stuck one year when all the family came around on the sunday before jay's party to see him and i had no food in the house lol. so now the kiddies have a family party every year - (no big expense just really sausages and nibblies) then every 2nd year they can also have a party with their friends - so jay's party with his friends is on is actual birthday being friday - he is playing mini golf, they have a party room and it is $15 p.head - i set a limit 10 friends only. lani will be having a huge first birthday mainly also a thankyou to the many people who have helped us over the years when jessie was sick.

jay got lots of pressies, a hawks footy jumper, magnetix (great for leaving around for lani yeah right) and lego arhh as if i haven't got enough little pieces to pick up - oh well i have set the rules he only plays with them when lani is asleep and i have put all the pieces in containers and counted how many so we know when picking up that we have them all - gotta be safe.

so glad i didn't wash my floors before the party they are filthy so i guess tomorrow will be busy cleaning up. i didn't see lani all day lol she was being passed around from pillar to post she even had her 2hr sleep whilst everyone was hear, with all the noise i wouldn't have heard her cry anyway lol - she was good highly amused at all the people around but had a great day too.

dachlostar - swimming is so good for the littlies, jay started at around 3 1/2 yrs of age (only cause of me not doing much in the year that jessie died etc) i look at the bubs doing there classes each week and think i would love to do it with lani but at $125 per term for jay then around the same for lani and $500 for jay's kinder yearly fees (so much for free education) and $45 auskick money is quite tight so i will leave lani till she is 3yrs old then i don't have to get in the pool as well lol. i have learnt alot from the teachers in watching and have incorporated little things in lani's bath - i can pour water all over her head and let it run over her face and she is not fussed at all so that is good.

michelle - lani had a cream top on today for all of 5mins then it turned black from the floors lol, can't believe jessica is cruising like that it is amazing, does sound like she will be an early walker, where your others early, i know my jessie was 16mths, jay was 12mths (took his first steps on his first birthday - knows you to be the centre of the party lol) not sure with lani am guessing it will be after 12mths but you never know. that hippo you were talking about is it the fisher price hungry hippo with the peek a blocks - does it pick up the peek a blocks i was looking at one to get for lani's 1st birthday (yeah i know am a bit ahead of myself lol) and thought that would be good to teach her to clean up her toys, but was wondering what they are like and do they turn around or are the wheels fixed iykwim - i used to have the cheap little cars for jess and jay to push around and they were good cause the wheels turned and they didn't just go in a straight line into the walls - i was going to get the stride a ride walker thingy but thought if that doesn't turn the walls will end up buggered lol (our house is only 3yrs old and i want to keep it new for a bit longer lol).

anyway i am going to get a refill on my chippy bowl now - gosh i really should stop nibbling. have a good night

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567