Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 6 Months - 9 Months, August '05

thanks michelle i know that there is nothing wrong with her just when other people say "ohhhhhhhh she hasn't put on any weight" i start to worry but if they opened their eyes they can see she is fine!

Colleen Guest

DPs mum and gran are forever going "oh i can feel his ribs now, hes lost sooo much weight, is he eating ok? he must be cutting out feeds" ](*,)

Hes growing ffs lol
    rrrrrrr lol

if you have seen him, youd know hes far from skinny, they are just blind!!

lol. don't worry girls, I'm sure all your bubs are doing well and I agree, 74cm is really tall! they don't grow in height if they are not being fed well. maybe she's just a skinny girl... don't listen to what other people say. babies come like adults in all sizes and shapes.
    Wolf has been putting on some weight recently. I have noticed he drinks more and more formula now, about 600ml a day when I was struggling to get 400-500 into him before. but he hasn't grown in height in months now! he seems to be stuck at 70cm and I wish he'd grow a little.
    He has slept through for 3 nights in a row now (til 5 a.m. that is) and he has stopped pooing 4 times a day, so I guess that must have been it. It's been wonderful to sleep through (though I still tend to wake... doh! just natural body clock..)
    busy arranging our move to london atm so just a short one from me.
    still feeling a bit nauseous but hopefully that will pass. 12weeks +1 day today, so homestretch of the first trimester. yeah! saw bubs yesterday briefly at the obgyn. it was so nice. it's still just as exciting second time round! bubs was very active and dancing around and I was totally transfixed (while DH was wrestling with Wolf in the background, he he)

Snowy

I havent logged on for so long, my days just seem to disapear and now I find out that you are pregnant Snowy and moving to London!!! It seems like I have missed heaps.

Hannah is doing really well, she a long skinny bub - we have no idea where that comes from! No teeth yet, I look every morning but so far she is holding out on me - I have such tooth envy. Unfortunately she has all the teething grizzliness and that has been going on for months.

Hi girls,

Sorry it's been so long, I have been working back at Flight Centre 3 days a week so I dont have much spare time these days. I am really enjoying it and other than possibly cutting down to 2 days I hope I can become permanant part-time (just casual, helping out at the moment).

Aidan is good, but he has a bad cough at night and sometimes during the day. He is on precautionary anti-biotics and the Dr mentioned it could be the start of asthma but I just think it is a LOOOONG lingering cough from his last cold and am hoping it goes away soon, poor little thing. *TMI Warning* He still has a lot of snot and I think it is tickling his throat - I wish he knew to cough it up and spit it out!

Jess

colleen - that is funny that they think jaykob is too fat - guess alot of people think chubby babies are just healthier

snowy - woohoo on getting into the 2nd trimester - hopefully your m/s will go soon - are you looking forward to the move to london? i lived in wimbledon in 95 & loved it there - im sure wolf will love the change

jess - hope aidan is ok & that is doesn't turn out to be asthma

this is our last night in here - eliana is 9months tomorrow - i was cleaning my teeth this morning & thought that 18 months ago she was just being made! had a great day yesterday with my family - eliana loves playing with her cousins - today we went to see bananas in pyjamas - they were great & eliana loved the rat the best!! then i picked up eliana's godmother (she was up for sydney for the day for a work appt) & had lunch at the airport with her - eliana loved the planes - she got so excited - not sure what is so exciting about a plane!!

catch up with all soon in 9-12months forum

Colleen Guest

*Waves To Melissa & Eliana*
    See u in 35 or so days lol

Melissa, see you in 9 days in the next forum! (oh wow - can't believe Wolf will be 9 months next Sunday!)

Mimo - good to hear from you again. How is life in Wellington? Have you found a nice moms group? Wolf doesn't have any teeth yet either. Drools like a champion and every goes "oh, he's teething, he's teething" but he's been drooling like that for months and still no teeth...

Jess, how nice you got some part time work. What do you do with Aidan during the time? It must be nice to get out of the house and get some stimulation. I do miss it a bit - but I also think I'd miss Wolf so much (and it would be a bit pointless for me right now considering I'm pregnant again)

Not much news here - all the same but still exciting. Wolf is crawling and climbing and giggling and playing peek-a-boo with jumpers & blankets and walking along the sofa and smiling so proudly when he does it...

Snowy

Our poor little girl has picked up my cold, she is screaming when we put her down to sleep and usually she drops off quite quickly. Night time is the worst though, we have about 2 hours of screaming and grizzling. Up until last night when she was really congested I didnt know whether she was sick or playing games coz once we are in the room she stops and starts smiling. We dont want to spoil her but then again we dont want her not feeling well and being left by herself. We gave her some baby panandol last night and again this morning but I hate doing that. We are just not sure what to do, poor little munchkin.

Snowy - Im enjoying Wellington, mind you before that we lived in Jabiru and pretty much anything is better than there! I havent met too many people but just recently have started going to playgroups 1-2 times a week so Im hoping that will change. The cold is taking a bit to get used to, I dont htink Ihave had a cold for about 3 years and since we have been here I have had about3 bad ones, I dont htik I am dressing warmly enough so Im going to bite the bullet and buy a couple of warmer jumpers.

Today we have Hannah's tree ceremony, the suburb where we live presents a tree to each baby born in the last year and you get a certificate and a photo of us and the tree! I think its quite a cute idea. We are planning to plant ours in the verge out the front of our house, they were all NZ natives so I picked the only one I had heard of, it has lovely red flowers. Mind you it probably take 15 years to grow and by that time we will be lviing somewhere else!

@ Mimo
    oh that tree ceremony sounds really neat!
    yeah, Wellington is cold (and windy), isn't it. You'll probably need some warm coats to combat the wind.

Wolf has a cold too. We went to a playground on Friday and it was either him not wearing any socks or shoes or he caught it from another kid there. He's been quite whingey since and woke up every hour last night for a little cough and cry awful, isn't it. He puked up mucus twice (once on himself, once on me... arrg). But in the day time he is pretty okay and happy.

Other than that all is well. The night before his cold he actually slept through til 10 past 6! Things seem to be improving sleeping-wise.
    Still feeling a bit queasy in the mornings but I hope it will go away soon. NT scan on Tuesday. Looking forward to seeing bubs again.

Snowy

Good luck with the scan.

I used to love seeing bub on the screen, it made her seem like a liitle person rather than an ever growing bump!

Thanks, Mimo. Yep, am very excited about tomorrow... it does make it more real, doesn't it..

Wolf still has his cold. Coughing lots and nose running all over the place (yuck). He puked pretzel all over me at the supermarket today and I had nothing to mop it up with... doh.. (I should have learned by now not to leave the house without wetwipes). Ended up walking to the cheese counter and got some paper towels from the lovely 'cheese-lady' working there ....

Wolf is very clingy. And just wants me all the time. He even pushed DH away this a.m. when I asked him to watch Wolf while I make the bottle. I think DH was a little upset... I guess all kids want their moms when they are sick, hey?

Snowy

Colleen Guest

Hi Guys

Good Luck for your scan Snowy

Jaykob said mum today! I got really excited and kinda swerved all over the road :s lol He said dad first and I was happy that he did but it was great to hear my name today!

Hes being really clingy atm, but thats ok i guess, a little frustrating at times.

Just wondering, seeing as this is an age appropriate forum, what do you all give your bubs for snacks that they can hold, eg arrowroot biscuits / rusks, wat else??

Hope all mums & bubs are well!

For snacks Ive tried a iece of mandarin, a wedge of apple with the skin cut off and rusks - not very imaginative sorry!

Actually Id be interested in how much you are feeding your bubs - Im not sure Im giving Hanah enough food. At the moment she has

wake up - bottle (approx 150ml) or sometimes porridge,
    11am - bottle (approx 150ml)
    12Pm - can of fruit or custard
    3Pm a bottle (approx 150ml)
    5PM - 4 ice cubes of whatever concoction I have made of meat and veg for the week(approx 1/2 cup)
    6:30 - another bottle (approx 150ml)
    7:00 BED (YAY!!!!!)

She is still waking for a bottle some nights so thats why Im wondering if she is getting enough food. She wont drink anymore than 150ml at at time.

Colleen, funny you should mention snack food, I had an interesting mothers group at my place today where everyone at first complimented me on the new rug in the lounge room, and one Mum was worried that her daughter would christen it with a spew, I said not to worry, an hour later all the babies are crawling/sitting on my new rug with biscuits in their hands, thus my new rug turned into a biscuit mess. I am not an uptight person, but I really was disappointed that they would treat my house like that. A few of the babies are over 9 months so they actually know how to eat snack foods, but two in particular are a few months younger so they are just learning to eat. I really was shocked, normally I get along with these girls so well. Anyway, really needed to vent.

Mimo, I would suggest feeding Hannah more solids. I know I fell into the same trap of not keeping up with Aidan's growth and eventually realised he was hungry, so in the past 2 weeks I have pretty much doubled his amount of solid food and he seems much happier. Here is Aidan's routine:

8amish - brekky = muesli then bottle
    1pmish - lunch = fruit jar and 1/2 banana and 1 kiwi fruit, mashed then bottle
    6pmish - dinner = lamb shank broth (will finally post the recipe!), jelly, then bottle

Quantities are:

Museli, about 1/3 cup
    Bottles, all 200ml plus formula
    Broth - about 1/2 cup
    Jelly - about 1/3 cup (I make this too, will post with broth recipe!)

As you can see I dont really do snack foods, Aidan doesn't seem very interested. I can suggest cheese sticks, all the babies at mothers group seem to like those, and arrowroot bickies! You can get the cheese in the dairy section at the supermarket and they are in cute milk carton containers. Have fun!

Jess

Colleen Guest

jessica - thats no good about your rug, pretty rude of the mums to let it get like that!

Jaykob tends to have his day like this :

7am - boobie for 10 minutes, back to sleep til 9
    9am - yoghurt with museli 1/2 a cup
    12 - jelly / custard / 1/2 cup & boob
    3pm- 10 million arrowroot biscuits lol (looking for new ideas!)
    6pm- dinner 2/3rds cup of pumpkin / potato etc
    7pm- boob

Im really scared to bring in my own meats, i have given him heinz chicken/ meats but im a scaredy cat! :s

Lamb Shank Broth

2 lamb shanks, trimmed of fat
    1 celery stick, chopped - or more
    1 large carrot, chopped - or more
    1 large potato, chopped - or more
    1 tablespoon barley - or more
    4 cups water - or more

Throw everything into large saucepan and bring to boil. Cover and simmer for about an hour. Turn off heat. Take shanks out and peel off meat once cool. Make sure meat is all in bite size bits and put back in. I then portion it all and freeze it. When I serve, I drain the juice and mash. Yum!

Jelly

1 litre of fuit juice
    3 teaspoons of gelatine

Pour 1/4 of juice into bowl and sprinkle gelatine on top. Over boiling water, stir gelatine and juice until gelatine is dissolved. Stir this into the remaining juice and put in fridge until jelly-like!

Jess

I

Jessica, OMG at the way those mum's treated your rug. I would be so angry if anyone trashed my rugs. I get annoyed if people wear shoes in my home, we had a guy looking at our house the other day wearing shoes and he must have noticed me looking ****ed off because he was trying to jump over my rugs lol.

Colleen, some snacks/fingerfood that I give Yasin are - toast soldiers with vegemite
    little sandwiches with vegemite or apricot jam (I avoid the berry jams)
    steamed carrot sticks
    toated muffins or crumpets with apricot jam cut into quarters
    a jar of petit miam (not finger food)
    little bits of rockmelon/canteloupe or watermelon
    we tried french toast for the first time yesterday (but we have no allergy history in our family - if you do you might want to avoid whole egg until 1 year)
    naan bread
    a bit of leb bread rolled around some cheese or jam
    cheese sticks (I use a harder cheese because the ECHN said that the soft ones sometimes stick to the roof of thier mouths)

Snowy, how exciting to be getting a peek at your bub. I hope Wolf's feeling better. Yasin is going through a clingy stage at the moment too. Its really cute and I'm cherishing it because usually he's a very busy little person and being a little boy it will be no time before he's too cool to cuddle his mum.

Mimo, the tree planting sounds like a great intiative. DH got me a little palm when Yasin was born which is growing nicley in a pot in our lounge.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast