Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 Months - 9 Months, August '05

Default 6 Months - 9 Months, August '05

Welcome to the 6 Months to 9 Months thread for August 2005!

To have any of your details included in this thread, please reply to this post and a moderator will add you to the list.

6 Months to 9 Months List - August '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl
    Baby Name(s):
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Mipsy
    State: WA
    Baby's DOB: 10th December, 2004
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7lb 5oz (3330gm), Length - 53cm, Head Circ - 31cm,
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Ashleigh Anne
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) None
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 2 days overdue, labour started naturally, only 6hr from start to finish, took only 50 minutes to get from 2cm-9cm dilated - she wanted out! vacum used as stuck in transverse (? didn't fully turn in birth canal) position but nil problems.

Forum Name: doe_like_beauty
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 11 December 2004
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 9lb 7oz (4290g) Length - 50cms Head Circ - 35cms
    Baby Name(s): Lily May Ellen
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/lilymayellen/
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) none yet
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 1 week overdue, induced because of high blood pressure.

Forum Name: Beth
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 11th December, 2004
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lb 14oz Length - 53.5cm Head Circ - 37cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Kaleb John

Forum Name: MummyLovesJaykob
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 15-12-04
    Baby Name(s): Jaykob Brian Anton
    Baby's Website: in my sig
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: born by c sec @ royal darwin hospital!!
    __________________________________________________ ________

Forum Name: Mel83
    Baby's DOB: 18/12/2004
    Baby Name(s): Julianna Rose
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: Eczema
    Notes: Emergency c-section 2.5 weeks early.

Forum Name: Jessica123
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 20/12/04
    Baby's Stats:Weight - 9pounds 9ounces Length -52.5cm Head Circ - 35.5cm
    Baby Name(s): Aidan James
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/a/aidan10122004
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 8 days overdue, induced

Forum Name: hindonly
    State: Qld
    Baby's DOB: 31st December 2004
    Baby Name(s): Cara Katherine
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/h/hindonly/
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: Emer. Caeser : 1hr 10 mins before her edd

Forum Name: Suzie
    State: Tasmania
    Baby's DOB: 11th January 2005
    Baby Name(s): Dominic David William
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/d/dommie
    Health Concerns: slight tongue tie,a few problems feeding
    Notes: 3 1/2 weeks early...

Forum Name: Scarlett
    Baby's DOB 6th February, 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3390g, 49cm, 34cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Girl
    Baby Name(s): Emily Marie
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) Wind, day/night confusion
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 6 days early
    __________________________________________________ ____________

Forum Name: firsttimedad (Rob)
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 7/2/2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - W:7p12oz - L:49cm
    Baby Name(s): Nathaniel Jaymes Hoskin
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/n/nathanieljaymes/
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) None at this stage.
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 5 weeks Prem

Forum Name: Naomi
    State: SA
    Baby's DOB: 14th February, 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 7lb 3oz - 48cms - 34cms
    Baby's Name: Ryan Lewis
    Baby's Website: none yet
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: Ended up being a repeat c-section due to turning breech at the last minute.

Forum Name: nellbe
    State:Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 17th February, 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3700g - 51cm - 33cm
    Baby Name(s): Matthew Albert
    Baby's Website: none yet
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) none yet
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) born on due date

Forum Name: Pam21
    State: Queensland
    Baby's DOB: 22 February 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3400gm - 52 cm - ?
    Baby Name(s): Tahlia Claire
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.)

wow hard to believe it is already august!

eliana got given her cousins walker on saturday so she spent all afternoon & some of this morning scooting around & of course getting into so many things that i didn't think she could reach - she is still not crawling but is loving the independence. we spent yesterday at DP's mum's place so i could make eliana a teddy bear out of a towel - ive almost got it finished, the patchwork dress is taking longer!

hope you all had a great weekend

hi girls
    i'm going crazy from the lack of sleep
    wolf gave me another crap night with screaming from 12 - 1 and 4 to 5:30 (then mini sleep and then awake from 6). i just don't know what to do anymore. i was hoping to have an afternoon nap with him but he just screams and screams when I try to put him in his cot. what happened to my wonderful sleeper? i can't continue living on 3-4 hours of sleep, especially not pregnant.

sorry, no personals. am sleep deprived and grouchy

snowy

snowy - you poor thing i hope you got some more sleep last night - i thought i would have problems with eliana when i got her to self settle a few weeks back - she did wake up a few times but i just pressed her fisher price music thing on (i have it on the repeat of one song for 20mins) & she just goes back to sleep - hopefully wolf will be out of it soon - maybe he senses there is another baby on the way & he's getting all the attention he can now!

well, last night was a lot better. he cried himself to sleep within a few minutes (had to, i just couldn't cope... but i felt so bad... but it worked) and he woke a fewtimes but just a little, put dummy back and turned on "music for dreaming" and he kept sleeping. yeah!!

yes, i think he might sense something is up (and mommy is grouchy from the p/g... oooops)
    i really wonder how it will all be with 2 munchkins.........

okay, one floppy tired baby is squiming on my lap, better go and have a family snooze

it's so quiet in here - where is everyone??

Snowy, glad to hear Wolf slept a little better last night. Fingers crossed this turnes into a habit. It must be so hard looking after Wolf and being pregnant. I can still remember how tired I would get in the early days of pregnancy and oh, the morning sickness. You deserve a big =D> !!

Mel, the walker sounds great. I keep thinking about getting one for Aidan but always seem to change my mind for one reason or another! That teddy bear sounds adorable, I cant imagine ever being that crafty!

I have been MIA for a little while as I was quite sick a few weeks ago with severe abdominal pain (I think it turned out to be due to a change in diet - I am trying to lose weight and had a binge on the Saturday night, the same night the pains arrived). Anyway due to a very thorough doctor I had an u/s and they discovered I had polycystic ovaries which was quite a shock. Not sure what to think so not thinking about it right now. I just hope it doesnt cause any problems with TTC #2 when we start (maybe the start of next year).

Hope everyone is well and look forward to hearing about all the babies!

Jess

Colleen Guest

Hi Everyone,

Snowgirl sorry to hear about your lack of sleep That would be hard being pg!

Well I keep forgetting about new threads and new months starting lol and at the moment I cant access my emails grrrr so im not getting alerts...

It is pooring with rain here this morning but on the upside I am going shopping for outfits for a wedding we are going to

DP has started a new job and gets up at 3am home by 11, thing is lately I have been getting up at 3 too coz I cant get back to sleep...

Jaykob is well, although not really showing many signs of wanting to move.. He says dadda now, DP was stoked and was worried I would be sad that he didnt say mum first lol (well i was a little, but we wont tell him that)

Hope all your babies are sleeping like a dream!!
    Colleen

snowy - that is great that wolf slept well - fingers crossed he keeps it up

jess - sorry to hear you have been sick hopefully your belly is much better now

colleen - does jaykob get up at 3am too? thought he might hear you guys & think it was time to get up too!

we are having a quiet day at home today - we went to seaworld yesterday for DP's birthday - i gave him a swim with the dolphins as a surprise & he loved it - eliana liked the animals she could see & was fascinated by the dolphins

it's almost lunch time here so better check the other forums out & find something to feed eliana

2 good nights in a row and then last night again awake for 2.5 hours... he ALMOST fell asleep several times and then rolled over, got on all fours and was wide awake again. I was so frustrated, I just let him cry. Then after a good half hour of him crying, I put him back on his back, put in the dummy and he fell asleep. It's really weird, I can't figure out what's going on with him. he's not in pain or anything, he just seems to be wide awake and wants to play...

oh, swimming with the dolphins.. that's my absolute dream!! so want to do it one day. SIL did it and it looked so neat! What a great present. He must have been stoked!

Wolf is just so gorgeous right now. He likes to crawl away from me and when I chase after him on all fours, he breaks out in hysterical laughter. It's so cute. He also loves to play ball. He can actually roll/throw it to me (well, 80% of the time it goes to me) and when I pick it up, he laughs and thinks it's so funny. I'm so in love with my little man - is it possible that we love our little munchkins more and more every day? It feels like that to me at least... :hbeat:

Snowy

Colleen Guest

Melbee - he wakes up occasionally but i dont mind coz i take him into bed with me, otherwise im all alone Im still not used to being alone for those few hours in the morning ... i still get scared im such a dork! lol

Hi everyone, it's pretty quiet in here! Hope everyone's well.

Jess, I am so sorry to hear about your poor ovaries! Hope you are feeling heaps better now. It must have been such a shock for you.

Snowy, hope Wolf has been sleeping better for you. Is the m/s easing off yet?

Woohoo Colleen on Jaykob saying dada. Kaleb is still stuck on baba and that's about it, apart from blowing raspberries.

I just can't believe how active Kaleb is now and how much attention he demands. He is just constantly crawling and climbing and hates being inside. Days where we're at home all day are a nightmare, it is so much easier being out and about. Can 7 month olds already start showing signs of ADHD, because that's what it feels like, lol!

Welcome Scarlett and Emily!

Welcome Rob and Nathaniel!

Yes, we have been very quiet. I think ever since Dachlostar graduated to the next group we've lost an avid poster :smt039 *hi dachlostar, we miss you* :smt039

Well, Wolf slept through until 5 a.m. - would you believe it?? I think I've actually figured it out: we both have a nasty stomach bug. DH had it in the beginning of July for almost 2 weeks and he must have passed it on to Wolf and then Wolf to me. No wonder he's been pooing 3-4 times a day. But yesterday just twice, so I guess he's getting better (which can't be said for me... arrrg..)

Morning sickness is on and off... usually bad in the evenings and the stomach cramps from the bug aren't helping either. Sometimes I wonder whether I feel like throwing up because of m/s or because of the bug.

Beth, yes, it does seem to get more exhausting, doesn't it? The time when you could just leave them somewhere and they a) couldn't go anywhere and b) were content are over... but it's so exciting to watch them explore the world (unless it's the toilet stone... lol)

Snowy

colleen - i know what you mean about being by yourself - im 35 in november & still freak myself out - at least you have your little guy to protect you!

snowy - that is great that wolf is sleeping better - eliana has had a two bad night but i think she is teething - hope you are both feeling better & that your m/s goes soon - it is quiet without dach

we went looking at display homes yesterday - thinking of building so thought we would see what was out there & if we both like the same thing (luckily we do) DP carried eliana in the baby pouch (wasn't sure if she was too big for it) but she loved it & of course seeing herself in the all the mirrors in those place - poor DP's shoulders were sore though

beth - sounds like kaleb is into everything - just wait till he is walking! i keep forgetting to ask if you ever met up with some mums in a park at chermside when kaleb was little? there was a mum with a kaleb who came to our first meet & just wondering if it was you?

eliana hasn't put on much weight lately - in fact she hasn't put any on in about a month - she weighs 8.6kgs now & is 74cm long (that's not alot considering she was 5.1kgs & 58cm born) i will see how she goes this week as she is still eating, pooping & weeing ok

hope everyone had a great weekend

Colleen Guest

Melbee, Jaykob too slowed down in weight gain for a bit (4.5 kilos born & 11.5+ now) But i think with bigger bubs they tend to slow down alot more than other babies because theres more to lose if you get what I mean?
    I was worried because he didnt gain in a month but the clinic said it was ok coz hes a bit too big anyways lol

Snowgirl
    - Sorry to hear bout the M/s, but great that Wolf slept through to 5! Not good about the stomach bug...

Beth I can relate to the being out and about thing, when we are home it seems really draining to be entertaining , but if we go shopping he seems happy with the sites IYKWIM

Not much news here, Jaykobs loving going swimming lately, Im getting him prepared for swimming lessons, Must admit Im enjoying going to the pools aswell.. its relaxing..

Pretty quiet weekend here, they all seem to be that way... Such a boring lot we are!

Hope you are all well!

Hi Girls-
    just thought I'd pop my big head in and see how you are all going.

Snowy- sorry to hear you are suffering from lack of sleep, not what you need when pg, but hopefully it is just a tummy upset and it gets better soon. Where is Wolf sleeping now? Is he too cold at night? What about day sleeps, how does he go there? Try not to worry too much about having 2 close together. There is 18mths between Jemma and Jessica, and I won't tell you it was the easiest thing in the whole world, but once you get into a routine it is so nice to have them close together. They are starting to interact now and it is just gorgeous.

melissa- I wouldn't worry about Eliana's size. Jessica was 3kgs born and at 10 mths weigh in was 8kgs and 68cms tall. As long as she is growing and developing, it doesn't really seem to matter. Seems like Eliana is quite happy and healthy, so try not to stress!

Jess- I hope you are feeling better, and also hope the ovary thing doesn't cause probs for you down the track.

Hello to everybody else. I guess some of you will be in the 9mths forum soon! How scary. jessica is now 11mths and i am about to send out bday invites, it has just flown and it is very sad, but time just flies!

Best wishes Michelle

thanks for the reassurance - it's more my DP's mum that says i should get her checked but everything else seems normal & she is tall for her age

mitch - great to hear your girls are going well - i will be up there soon & it is scary to think our babies will be turning one soon - the time has just gone way too fast

i am spending the day doing housework - i have my mum, sister-in-law, niece & nephew coming tomorrow (they don't come down to brisbane often - im the one that goes up the coast to see them) so im busy making sure everything looks good - i know they probably don't care but a a good tidy up never hurt anyone - just need to keep my little helper occupied!!

just to further calm you mel, jess was 8.55kgs today at 11mths 1 wk, 71 cm tall and hc 44.6cms, which makes her 20th percentile height and 30th percentile weight, MCHN is not concerned.

regards michelle

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast