Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 6 Months - 9 Months, August '05

Scarlett Guest

Hi, have just wandered over from the 6mth forum.

Snowy - wow I didn't know you were pg again that is fantastic, congratulations and I hope all is well.

For everyone else, I look forward to chatting with you.

Emily is now 6mths and 2 weeks (I think) and is crawling and pulling up. She has two teeth and is eating solids reasonably well. She seems to eat them better if Kev or I don't feed them to her.

Hi girls!

We now have a wedding date set, 2nd september next year!!

Beth, i know what you mean about active baby! Lily just cannot sit still. She cannot crawl yet(not sure if she ever will) But is rolling from one end of the lounge room to the other without me noticing sometimes. She is trying to pull her sel up onto things now and when i stand her up she can hold on for quite a while onto the side of her cot. She also learnt to wave yesterday, it is so cute with her arm flapping about at strangers!

Lily's naming day is this saturday, can't wait. We're having it at my mum's so have to catch a plane. Lily's second plane trip in her first 8mths of life!

Thanks Jess and MLJakob I think I will increase her food a bit. On the chese sticks - I tried some with Hannah the other day, they were the soft kind and she was choking on them a bit (so I ate them instead LOL!).

Jess - how much water do you add to the fruit juice jellly and do you dilute the fruit juice as well? The broth sounds yummy - I could have that for lunch.

Are you guys still pureeeing food?

I had Hannah back at the Drs again this moring after she spent the whole morning crying and coughing - I was starting to get worried. It turns out she has a mild bronchial inflammation and some wheeziness but nothing too bad, we will just ahve to keep an eye on her. I have had asthma all my life so its something I am really conscious of.

Doe - congrats on the wedding date! I bet with Lily and planning the wedding the time will fly. The tree ceremony was excellent, they took a photo of each family and their tree and we have a little certificate, a really nice idea I think.

Thanks guys, the scan was great. Bubs seem to be doing fine. Downs risk is 1:3000, so I'm happy. It was lower with Wolf but then again I was 2 years younger when it was done (as it was done just 1 month before my birthday )

As to food schedule, Wolf has the following:

5-6 a.m. wake up bottle (180 ml)
    8:30 a.m. breakfast bottle (150ml)
    12:00 lunch (veggies / veggies & meat or fish)
    3:00 p.m. fruit & yoghurt
    6:00 p.m. semolina/grits/cereal with cows milk & a little fruit
    8:00 p.m. night bottle (150ml)

I do want to move the evening cereal to breakfast time eventually and turn the veggies lunch into a sandwich or something like that and then move the veggies to dinner, so skip one bottle feed but will probably wait with that until he is 9 months and we are in London.

My niece who is 10 months only gets one bottle a day now and her creche would prefer if her mom wouldn't give her the morning bottle but some 'proper' breakfast. The Japanese are weird... I thought babies need 500ml of milk a day... (no wonder they are so short )

Snacks: Wolf will have rice crackers (without salt) or soft pretzel (without salt). He munches on that happily. I don't want to give him biscuits or cookies yet because of the high sugar contents. Also I sometimes give him vegemite toast fingers. He's a big vegemite fan. Or any other bread I happen to have handy.

Scarlett, thanks on the congrats. Yep.. .a lot can happen in 3 months

Tegan, yeah on having set a wedding date!

Dachlostar, thanks, yes, Wolf is getting better. But it seems DH and I have the cold now ](*,)

Snowy

Snowy, great to hear Bubs is doing so well, and Wolf too!

Tegan, big congrats on setting a date, how exciting.

Mimo, the cheese sticks I get are 'Kraft Dairy Bites'. They are soft and rubbery so they dont crumble or go mushy. Yes the lamb shank broth is delicious and sometimes I make extra and put it aside and add salt so DH and I can have it on a rainy day for lunch! And as for the jelly, no need to add water, just use juice and gelatine. I get the juice from the juice section in the supermarket and I get one in a 1 litre carton called 'Tropical Fruit Squeeze', 100% pure fruit juice blend. I dont puree anymore but I do still mash. Aidan is a bit stubborn and tends to not eat as well if it is not mashed to his standard!

Scarlett, welcome! Emily seems to be doing very well. Aidan is so close to crawling and he can do circles and backwards, but just doesnt understand to use his arms to go forward! Instead he rolls everywhere, as fast as lightening too!

I saw a girl from Mum's group at baby movies yesterday and the first thing she said was 'were you able to clean up the mess from yesterday' and she went on to say how rude she thought the other girls were. It was nice to know I wasn't overreacting or anything.

I am off to Mum and Dad's today to print off heaps of photos of Aidan, I have decided to get into scrapbooking and do it properly. I am looking forward to doing Page 1 which will be of the day he was born and I will use his little armband and birth announcement. I just hope I find the time, what with working 3 days at Flight Centre, looking after Aidan and the house and DH, I think they will need to create an 8th day in the week for me!

Wow I have rambled on this morning!

Jess

Welcome Naomi and Nellbe to the forum

Love

Jessica, I know - it's so hard to find the time, isn't it. I wanted to make a photo album for Wolf and currently the last picture is from Christmas... ooops... I better get cracking on it before No.2 comes or else he will only have the first month of his life in there for ever...

DH is back from London. First thing he did was chat to me in the bedroom (at 1:30 a.m.) and Wolf woke up and while he went to bed, I was stuck with Wolf awake for 1 hour.... grrrrrrrrr... I was so angry, I said if that was all he could do, he might just as well stay in London...
    *sigh* men...
    Snowy

Snowy, argh how frustrating! Why didn't DH stay up and console Wolf... I know, coz he is a man and that isnt his job!!! (that sentence is hardly dripping in sarcasm). ](*,) And then I guess you were the one to get up to Wolf at the break of dawn... sounds like I am watching my own life. But nothing ever changes so why bother!

Aidan is sleeping over at Nana and Grandad's tonight as I have an early start tomorrow for work, I miss him.

Jess

Hi girls!!

Matthew and I are here, my darling boy is now 6 months old and a delight everyday.

Hi Scarlett - hope you guys are going well.

Jess - that recipe sounds/looks great, can I suggest that you also include it in the Baby Food recipes in the recipes thread? If you haven't already that is... KWYM about not enough hours in the day. Yay on starting scrapbooking! I've started as well, a couple of girls from my mums group have started also and we all get together and do it, only way I get anything done. OMG at the rug - very rude I say.

Snowy - belated congrats to you and I am glad things are going well.

Tegan - congrats on setting a date - how exciting!

Welcome to Naomi.

Well, Matty is going great guns, although he doesn't know what sleeps during the day mean..we've started solids and he really likes them. Only thing he has turned his nose up at is banana.

Hope all are well.

Jess, how did you guess... *sigh* well of course I'm the one up with Wolf at 5 or 6 a.m. while he sleeps in until 8 or 9 or whenever he decides to get up. The best part is that he then whinges about how tired he is... :roll: I had a huge fit yesterday at him and he then called it 'pregnancy hormones' which .. oh boy.. makes me sooooooo angry.. I just feel like everything is always about him, how much pressure HE is under and what HE wants and what HE did etc. and then to top it off, his little sister called and he told her it was okay if she came in Feb (i.e. when no. 2 is due) and I spent 20 hours alone in hospital last time because he had to look after his little sister, while his wife was alone in hospital with a newborn each day and whenever he came, he came with her, so none of the special new bonding time as new family. I thought I had made it clear how much it upset me and that I blame my right boob not functioning on the stress I was having being on my own in the hospital for so long (cause we have no family nor many friends here in Berlin, so if he didn't come, no one else did). I can't believe he keeps on putting HIS needs and HIS family's needs first and not mine. Luckily she doesn't want to come in the European winter anyways, so that won't happen, but the fact that he just did that made me so angry and sad because it means that all the talks we had afterwards about it were just wasted and he just said "yes Snowy" and didn't mean it.

sorry for the big vent guys... it just made me so upset because I thought he had understood how upset it made me back in November but apparently he doesn't understand at all

Wolf still has his cold and so do I, sniffle, cough. The weather is so nice at the moment and it sucks that we can't go swimming ...

Snowy

Oh hugs Snowy - you poor thing, I hope everything is a bit better today.

Colleen Guest

Snowy - i hope things get a bit better for you. My Dp is a **** too, i have posted a big one in the relationships forum all about it lol
    He doesnt get anything!!!! Nor does he think about others before he acts or speaks!

Welcome Nellbe! =) & Naomi =)

MiMo - Im just chopping the food where possible now, Jaykob is ok chewing. The cheese sticks werent a great success here lol he scrunches his face up , suck on them for a lil bit but he doesnt really eat much of it lol

doe_like_beauty - congrats on the wedding date, and good luck with Lily's naming day! -=)

Dachlostar - thanks for the snack tips. Jaykob seems clingy lately too ever since I left him with his nan for the day :/

Well Jaykob seemed to be showing no signs of crawling, but is pulling himself up against the couch, he likes to stand up against it for about 20 mins at a time so maybe he will skip crawling? Hes never been a big "mover" hes a lazy roller lol

hope all mums and bubs are well

Colleen

Hi everybody- hope your bubs are all well
    Had to pop my sticky nose in just to say I can't believe Matty is 6 mths already Nell, how could that be ?LOL Time does fly!
    Cheers Mcihelle

Snowy, I guessed because exactly the same would happen in my house!

Nell, welcome, how is cute little Matty going?!

Colleen, Aidan has been so close to crawling for what feels likes weeks, I always seem to be saying 'any day now'!

Not much news here, still flat out working and being a Mum!

Jess

Hi everyone,

Nell- I can't believe our babies are 6 months already! How time has flown

Snowy- Sorry to hear that you and Wolf have been sick, and a belated congratulations on your pregnancy

Tegan- Congratulations on setting a date for your wedding, how did lily's naming ceramony go?

Well Ryan is going great, he has his 6month checkup and injections tomorrow, so he will be a little bit grumpy for the next couple of days.
    I have got a small issue though, all he seems to do is sleep!
    He gets up at 6am, he has a 2hr nap at 9am he has another nap at 1-3 and by 5pm he wants to go back to bed and he sleeps right through until 3am has a bottle and sleeps until 6.
    Nicholas was always awake and active so this is new for me.
    When he is awake he has plenty of tummy time and loves it, but would prefer to sleep.

Anyway, sorry for the epic post, i hoe you are all well

Scarlett Guest

Tegan - congratulations on setting a date that is fantastic news.

Snowy - I hope you and wolf are feeling better today.

Jess - I love scrapbooking but am getting so behind its not funny, will catch up one day I hope.

Nell - congratulations on matty being 6mths old, isn't it amazing how quickly they grow up.

Had really bad day today, four kids were killed in a car accident (they ran into a tree) on saturday and one was a student so today at school was horrible particularly as the grade I look after was hers. Actually had to tell a teacher she could not expect her year 11's to do a test during lesson one when they had just found out.

On the upside Emily gave me a huge smile when i picked her up and crawled over to me and pulled up to get me to pick her up.

Thats horrible news about the car crash.

Another awful night with Hannah here, she woke at 12 and I fed her and she went to sleep, then she woke again at 3am and screamed the house down for the next 1.5hrs. We tried everything andin the end some baby panandol and a bottle finally got her to sleep. We are at our wits ends coz this seems to be happening every night - any ideas? I dont know if we are making it worse by going in to her and we try not to lift her up unless its the full on screams.

On the subject of snacks - I found the pamphlet I was given, it was for 9 month olds but it had the following
    cheese, dried apricots, rice crackers, meatballs, cooked carrot and kumera wedges, cooked pieces of broccoli, nectarine and peach slices, wedges of kiwi fruit, vegemite on bread fingers and something they called "mousetraps" which looked like toasted tomato sauce with melted cheese fingers. A few ideas anyway.

Thanks Michelle, that's so nice of you to pop in. Matthew is going soo much I can't quite believe it myself.

Thanks Jess, Scarlett and Naomi.

Naomi - I wish Matthew would sleep more! He sleeps great at night but we have 30 min power naps during the day, maybe 3 times, so I have to keep the little occupied for most of the day.

Nice to see you Scarlett - how horrible about the car crash! At was a cuite at Emily for her smile and crawl.

Naomi and Scarlett - how are your two going on solids? Matthew is going well, will eat everything I give him, just knocked back banana and avacodo.

Matthew has also had his 2nd tooth pop through, gee we had a couple of grizzly days and nights with that one.

Hope everyone else is well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast