Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 Months - 9 Months, July '05

grrrrr stupid debug :evil:

seems like it's just you & me in here dash
    i also liked the photos of yasin at work - never too young to learn - i have to work out how to do a folder of eliana's photos - her website still has baby photos!!
    we went to big w yesterday & i got some toys for eliana that were going to be for christmas & her birthday but i have already given her some
    today we meet up with other mums in the park & after that i'm off to kmart to layby stuff for christmas (that way i cant give it to her!)
    think we are going to the botanical gardens on saturday - dp mum is raising money for CF there & then sunday i will go shopping with her
    so that's the next few days for us
    hope whoever reads this has a great weekend
    & dash forget the pony go for more horse power & ask for a ferrari

Snowy, are you ok? I geuss that you left London before the bombings but still I'm just a teeny bit concerned. I hope we hear from you soon.

melbee, lol at the ferrari. DH is a rev head so he'd love the idea.
    I hope Eliana is enjoying her new toys and that Kmart isn't too crowded this afternoon.
    Enjoy your weekend. DH is going to be at work for alot of it so I will just be entertaining myself. He was meant to be working at a conference I wanted to go to so I was going to tag along but he gave it to another guy and decided to go to the stadium instead :mad: .

Dachlostar, love that photo of Yasin crawling, he is just gorgeous!

Mel, hope you have better luck at KMart than I did. Just been there and everything I wanted out of the catalogue (okay, it was only 3 things!) were already sold out...grrr! I am the same though, have already got a couple of things for Kaleb's birthday/xmas and am soooo tempted to give them to him already!

Snowy, hope to hear from you soon, just to reassure us all that you're okay.

Colleen Guest

Hey Everyone..

Im here too!!!!!

I intended to go to kmart but figured I have noooo chance of getting what I want now... Im goin to the Target one on 21 July, I have already been warned to get there early!!

How bad is the London thing

Hope everyone is well

Colleen

i survived the kmart sale - it was crazy so i would have hated to have been there yesterday - i got a few things i wanted & stood in line for 40mins (the people in front came last night & the line was 3 hours) i had to put the things on layby cause as it was i took one home with me so at least they are safe there till christmas! im taking the catalogue to toysrus to get the other things i want - not that eliana needs anything but i just cant help myself

the bombing in london is dreadful - luckily all my friends & family that are over there are ok - so hoping that snowy is ok too

well i think ill go check out the other topics - sure beats watching parramatta & st george!

hello girls!

all is well here. left London the day before the bombing. did take the tube and the bus with Wolf and it sends shivers down my spine to think that if we had stayed longer... arrg.. don't want to think about it. I even have photos of Wolf on the bus, because he loved it so much. He kept holding on to the handle on the chair in front and jumping up and down in joy. (and drooled on the shirt of the guy in front ... oooops). It's just so terrible to think that innocent people, minding their business, going to work, or visiting London / friends were killed and injured. What kind of sick people do this?
    I cried a fair bit yesterday (being pregnant and emotional doesn't help). The first bomb went off right at the station were I used to get off to go to work when we lived there. Scary. We contacted all our friends and everyone we know seems to be okay.

Thanks for thinking of us, girls. I'm glad we didn't stay longer as initially intended (but then ILs announced they were coming to Berlin, so we cancelled those plans)
    So now I just have to deal with MIL and FIL driving me up the wall

Dachlostar: love the photos of Yasin! I can't believe how big and grown up he looks! They grow so quickly, don't they!
    I picked up the little one at the christening one morning and he was so light!! I almost forgot what it's like to lift a little 4kg baby!
    Oh welll.. .will get some practise in 7 months again...
    Hope you all have a good weekend.

Snowy

Good to hear from you snowy, and a relief to hear you are okay. It's just vile and horrible, the whole thing, all these lives turned upside down... but anyway, how are you feeling? The dreaded morning sickness rearing its ugly head this time?

Well, we are having a baby free night tonight...Kaleb has just gone to my parents and we are deciding what to do...well, I am actually checking out movie times while DH is having an arvo nap...so'd I'd better go make the most of it!

Beth, yep, m/s in full swing. Not impressed... hope it will go away soon... I remember week 9 was the worst last time ... so that's going to be next week... not looking forward to that...

Wolf is sooooooooo active right now. He can pull himself up to standing now and nothing is safe anymore. He was just crawling through FIL & MIL's stuff and ate their books and mobiles etc. until he fell of the little **** thingie he had climbed on... didn't hurt himself (it's not very high) but lots of tears... seems like I can't leave him unsupervised anymore at all... just not safe.. .unless in the playpen of course.

MIL is driving me bonkers. She is such a know-it-all. She hasn't seen Wolf in months and in she walzes, telling me what my child feels, needs or is doing... it drives me up the walls... she is so bossy ... I feel for her daughter who is currently pregnant (due October). DH reckons she is restrained around me... so poor SIL will get an earful once her bubba is here... I am counting the days until they leave (11 atm) ... being moody, nauseous and tired is not the best frame of mind to put up with people who irritate you at the best of time (though don't get me wrong, I do like my ILs, just having them sleep on my couch and them being 24/7 in your face is a bit much)

Snowy

Pietta Guest

Sorry to butt in here but omg!! snowy didnt know u were preg!! bit congrats sweet!!

glad ur ok!

Welcome to Suzie & Dominic in this thread officially from Tomorrow

Love

Welcome Suzie and Dominic!

Snowy, congrats on the pregnancy and glad you are all back home safe and sound. Just a shame about MIL, I hope you survive!

Beth, how was your night out? Chris and I left Aidan with his Nana on Saturday night and I find it very hard to leave, but once I am gone I always enjoy myself. He was going to sleep over at MIL's but he has a bad virus so she came to us which was good of her. Although I think the best time to have a babysitter would be early morning, so I could get a sleep in for the first time in 6months!

I just finished reading Brooke Shield's book on how she went through post natal depression, very interesting and I found myself crying in a few bits. Highly recommended, whether you have suffered from PND or not, you can definietly relate to every story she tells.

So Aidan is sick yet again and I've had to cancel mothers group and plan on hibernating for the rest of the week. A shame as I was really looking forward to going to the toy sale when it is a little quieter.

Hope all is well!

Jess

Hey Jess, great to hear from you! Sorry to hear Aidan is unwell, poor little munchkin. I hope he is better soon and not giving you a hard time! I am the same, when I first leave Kaleb I feel all weepy and it's all I can do not to go back and get him, but I soon get over it and enjoy it. Saturday night however was a bit of a disaster, long story but mostly to do with DH being in a bad mood, but it was lovely to sleep in uninterrupted! I will have to try and get my hands on that book, it sounds like a good read.

Snowy, you poor thing, I know what you mean, I do like my inlaws but in small doses...having them stay over as well as coping with m/s must be awful, I hope you get through it okay!

Well, tooth number 2 has made its debut this morning. Last night was a shocker, I think he woke up about 6 times between 8pm and 5am. DH is still in a mood, so life is a joy in my house at the moment!

HI every1:-)

Its been such a long time since I've posted...

But I've been a busy Mummy! Cara is going strong, a big bubby, but I think we may have to cut back on her feeds!
    At 6.5 mths she still isn't self settling and we have resorted to controlled crying so that she will fall to sleep on her own. So needless to say I've had my crying bouts as well:-(
    Just wondering if any1 else had to do the same thing? And how did you cope with it?
    Friends of ours had to do the same thing, but apparently after 3 days or so it gets progressively better! I'm counting on that!!
    Very hard to do...
    I will need to read more of your posts - I've just jumped straight in to ask my all important question.
    If we have another I may have to re-think what I'm doing...so that s/he learns quicker and more gently.

Time 4 reading.

Take care,
    carol

Me again,
    Just caught up on the posts!!

Snowy -- Congrats:-) We are thinking of another one soon as well, so that they grow up together without too much of an age gap between them.

Mummylovesjaykob -- Cara has just got her 2nd tooth too and I can sympathise with you about the biting!!Ouch... It really hurts. Our bubs are very close in age, are you still feeding Jaykob through the night?
    Our child nurse advised us not to do it anymore...and said that she should be sleeping through hence the above post:-(

Dachlostar --Yay for Yasin crawling!!! When did she start?

They grow so quickly dont they...

Hope every1 else is doing really well.

carol

Colleen Guest

Hey Everyone,
    I wil try to catch up now.... See if Jaykob lets me lol

Hindonly - I still feed Jaykob once through the night, he only feeds for about 5 minutes and hes back off to sleep.. it doesnt faze me, the health nurse says he should be sleeping all night but hes a big boy (12 kilos @ 7mths) so no doubt he takes a lil more to fill up
    Good Luck with it all!!!

Beth - WooHoo on the 2nd tooth.... Sorry to hear your arent getting much sleep

Jessica123 - That book sounds great, I used to love reading but I wonder where I will get the time, but I will put that on my to do list or should I say to read list lol

Welcome to Suzie & Dominic

Snowgirl
    - Congrats on the Preg.. I cant remember if I have already said it, Ive so many mega posts and got that debug thing... Ive lost track of which ones worked and which ones didnt.
    Good to hear you are also safe... How scary.
    Woohoo on Wolf crawling and ](*,) about the IL's

Well whats new here I hear you ask LOL

DP rode his dirt bike to work this morning (its road registered)because I had the car and guess what.. just our luck at the moment, he got pulled up and given bulls**t fines for petty things... so $300 out the window although I am going to dispute one of them, DP had a few issues with the police a couple of years back and he got a refund on his court costs because the judge found in our favour and the police have held a grudge since so I think they hassle him a little bit.. but oh well

It means that this weekend we are going car shopping and not coming home til we found a car (woohoo for me lol)

I had some potraits of jaykob done today at portrait place in Myer so I hope they come out nice...

Jaykob is rolling like crazy, still sleeping til 9-9.30am and overall pretty happy so thats good.......

ok, hope all is well sorry if i missed anyone..... time to start dinner

Colleen

[/b]

Hi everyone, I hope that you're all well and your bubs too.

Colleen, how annoying for you and your DH getting all those fines. DH has a cop in his class that arrested him once back in the bad old days - the guy will hardly meet his eye or even acknowledge that they've met before lol.
    Make sure you put Jaykob's new pictures up on his site so I can take a peek. please.

Carol, Yasin is almost 9 months and he still doesn't sleep through but he's gradually dropping his booby calls. He has just begun to self-settle recently (he used to but stopped for a while). I always follow the same routine before I put him to sleep (bath, pjs, read a book or two, have cuddle and a boob feed (if he wants it), the pop the dummy in, put his wrap/comforter on him, put his teddy blanket thingy in the hammock and then wait for sleep). I usually give him the chance to put himself to sleep but if he starts to get stressed I bounce him to sleep. Tonight he only took 5 minutes to go to sleep on his own. For his day time naps I follow a much abbreviated version of the same routine but he doesn't seem to have as much trouble putting himself to sleep during the day.
    Are you breastfeeding? A few of my friends have told me that thier bubs didn't sleep through until they stopped breastfeeding at about a year.
    I'm not sure about cutting back on feeds to help sleep. What is the logic behind it?
    I got really discouraged for a while about Yasin waking at night because all the books said that babies should sleep through and MIL was pressuring DH to start controlled crying but eventually I decided that I wasn't going to let it worry me. He will sleep through in his own good time. He hasn't read the books so he doesn't know he's doing the wrong thing. I also had a bit of a think about my own sleeping and I ended up feeling a bit cross because I seldom sleep through the night myself but if I say that I woke up at 3am because I was cold/hungry/had a full bladder/whatever no-one thinks that I have a problem. We're getting there very slowly but without tear.
    Do you want Cara to sleep through because its making you tired, rundown and stressed out or because the ECHN etc say she should? If its not a big problem for you I don't see why you should have endure controlled crying but on the other hand if the sleepless nights are getting too much for you then CC may be your best option. I asked about it once in the baby/toddler forum and got some great answers so I will try to dig it up and post the link for you. Kellee's baby whisperer seemed to have the best version of CC.
    I've rambled on a bit haven't I? LOL. oh ... and Yasin started crawling on June 1st - about 1 week after 8 months.

Beth, you poor thing - at least you get a break from the teething woes for a while. What a shame that your night off wasn't much fun. My DH was a total pain over the weekend - he was a bit stressed so decided that teasing me all weekend would be good stress relief and then got upset when I lost it at him on sunday afternoon and told him to get the hell out of our home. ](*,)

Jess, its good to see you again. I'm sorry to hear that Aidan is sick and you've had to miss the sale. I couldn't believe my eyes when I read that Tom Cruise had said that Brooke Shield's PND could be cured with vitamins. What a twit - he's soooo lost.

Suzie & Dominic, welcome and happy half birthday to Dominic.

Snowy, coping with MIL and MS sounds like a really nasty combination but hopefully they'll both go soon. Know-it-alls are so annoying aren't they.

Yasin has a funny new habit. He loves to shake his head and if I shake my head back at him he goes just about crazy laughing. It amazes me that such a simple thing can provide him with so much entertainment. He's still nuts about the cat. Today they were chasing each other around one of those green shopping bags, then the cat hid in the bag and they played peek-a-boo. It kept us all entertained for ages.
    sorry for the epic.

Pee, Jess, Carol - thanks girls for the congrats. (did I miss anyone?)

Still feeling yuck, so nothing new there.

re. the sleeping through: well, Wolf wakes about 1-2 times a night for some boob time. (or more on a bad day) He then falls asleep on the boob and I pop him back into the cot. It's something I never thought I'd do, but it's just sooooooo much easier than trying to get him to self settle... but at night, when he goes to bed, he does not need the boob. Sometimes he falls asleep at the feed but if he doesn't, I just pop him into his cot awake and he will fall asleep eventually. Every now and then he will have a bad day and won't go to sleep and I need to stroke his face a little bit but that's about it.
    The funny thing is that my body is so used to waking up several times at night that I wake even when Wolf sleeps through... doh...
    Like Dachlostar I'm not too fussed about it... MIL told me to offer him water at night so he learns there is nothing to wake up for but I don't know...

Snowy

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast