Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 6 Months to 9 Months, March '05

Kellee Guest

Hey there everyone,

Rose - Sorry you're still feeling like crap. I have asthma, and from memory the medication took a few days to kick in, but then I started to feel a bit better. I really hope they can tell you what it is soon so they can clear it up. I know there's a horrible flu going around - I hope it's nothing serious and it gets fixed up quickly. With regard to your milk supply - would you maybe consider "comping" Amelia with one formula feed just until you feel better? It might make you less tired too... hope I'm not treading on your toes too much, but I thought I might suggest it, because looking after a bub is tiring enough when you're NOT sick! I hope things are looking up for you all now.
    In reply to your post... thanks for the advice about the clingy thing too. I think he'll get better with time. I have been able to express a bit - not as much as I used to be able to, but enough to leave with Mum on Thursday night. And, last but not least, Charlie has four teeth - we just found another one today!

Mitch - glad to hear that all went well at the doctor's. Sorbolene is good stuff, and you can get it in a lotion form, rather than a cream, which is easier to use in the bath. LOL at Jessica saying DAD first... it's always the way! Shouldn't it really be MAMA, as we look after them all day! I think we deserve that much, but kids will do what they want. I think Charlie's first word will be dada too, just my luck.

A very uneventful day. Charlie was a bit crazy today - I think because of his teeth. Of course, his pain happened to coincide with the one and only time we were out today... I go to Weight Watchers once a week, and it was when I was there, so I just had to get weighed and miss the meeting. Bugger. But the poor little thing was so sad that I had to take him home. Hopefully he's not so sore tomorrow. It averages at one "bad" day per tooth for him usually.

Looking forward to tomorrow night... we're going to see a show in Brisbane (Women In Voice) that the singer in my band is performing in, and we're going out to dinner as a birthday treat (it's not until Monday, but what the hey). Should be great... we've only been out on our own three times since Charlie was born, and as much as I love him, I miss DH! I'm really looking forward to it.

Anyway, if I don't get a chance to post again before then, have a lovely Easter Weekend everyone, and if you're on the roads, stay safe. It's always very scary this time of year.

Chat soon,
    -Kellee.

Kelley- I don't know if I still have spelt your name right, i must be tired. Good on Charlie and his teeth, as much as you feel sorry for them it is hard when he is sooky on the one day you are out, and missing the meeting is a bugger. how are you going with ww? Have fun on your night out and a great easter too.

i am sure I will be on here before easter, couldn't drag me away ! LOL

Not much to report here. Went to the chiro and it was a strange experience, not your average chiro, check post in general chatter to see what I mean. The end result is uncertain, my head still feels funny and once I have finished on the computer tonite so will my back be probably.

Cheers Michelle

mooshie Guest

Hi Michelle, Kellie, Rose and welcome to JLK, wow it is quiet in here, where is spiddles and pee??

Glad to see Jessica did well with her needles, lani didn't she screamed and screamed and screamed and also gave a lovly filthy look to the nurse lol - i think she is gunna be one for the sympathy vote lol.

i also just read your chiro post michelle - very strange indeed interesting though to see if it works keep us posted on that one. and =D> for jessica and her talking - lani hasn't said any "words" yet but the last two days she has been making a weird noise really loud and she moves her jaw up and down like she is chewing and yells rah rah rah rah then giggles it is very cute and she does it often as it is guaranteed a laugh.

kellie - well done on those teethy pegs for charlie - lani still hasn't got hers (one did pop through ever so slightly but has gone back under the gum) this happened with my first dd as well - the more i look at lani's behaviour tho i think she is cross cutting - it looks like she is getting her bottom side teeth it is so swollen there and she goes crazy biting down hard on everything (including me :-s ) but she does it on the side - she has been grizzly today but that is probably more to do with her needles yesterday.

rose - hope you are feeling better - hope it is not whooping cough - my gp re vaccinated my dh and i against whooping cough when lani had her first lot of shots as she said there is quite a bit going around specially in people our age (mid 30's). you must be keen on tcc having a ticker and all - i have not even thought about it much - still tired waking during the night, lani still wakes anywhere between 1am and 4am and i give her a quick feed it is ok as i am back in bed within 10mins and she settles pretty well, it's probably a habit but she will grow out of it - i will enjoy it as you never know we may not have another.

a g/friend rang tonight to tell me she was 12wks preg - that is now 4 people i am close to due between may and october and i can't help it but i feel sad - quite jealous actually - i don't mean to be i just can't help it, dunno why - and i am feeling all emotional reading about the births in the march girls - maybe it is my body saying yup you really do want another -we will just wait and see.

hope you all have a lovely easter and you don't eat too much chocky - like you michelle i will more than likely pop in over easter to read up on the posts but i really want to get into some more scrapbooking - did 4 pages one night a few weeks ago and still haven't done any since - still working on jay's album gotta get on with it, problem is i am addicted to belly belly and desperate housewives, all saints, home and away, amazing race, restaurant rules, everything sad isn't it LOL

see yas

Michelle- I so hear you on the scrapbooking, I have done nothing for so long and I have that much to do it's not funny, I need to make a day my scrapbooking day and be done with it.

I should do it when the kids go to bed but I am usually not feeling that creative at night unfortunately.

Are you interested in meeting up one day, for a cuppa and a chat, maybe we could share albums, of course I guess that depends how far apart we are. Let me know.

Cheers michelle

I can't believe how quiet it is in here, I am a little bored, maybe I should grab pout the scrapbooking stuff, prob is Jemma is awake and as soon as she sees it she will want to look at the photos and it gets really painful.

Hope you are all well
    Michelle

mooshie Guest

hi michelle

i can't scrapbook during the day when jay is around - he just asks to many questions and wants to know what everything is, i get so frustrated cause i need to concentrate specially when i am journelling - he loves when i show him a finished page of him. i do creative memories albums but i also go to a scrapbooking shop and use some papers and stickers but i like the creative memories stuff (although a bit expensive) i have a group of friends who are all into it and we do a "workshop" once a month which is good gets me back into it.

i live over in knox quite a way from kilmore (actually i don't even venture into the city lol) boring life i lead, although i tend to meet up a lot with g/friends at the park with the kids but i just find kinder year a nightmare with all the backwards and forwards.

i think i will be scrapping tommorrow - jay can play outside with his dad in the shed lol it's a boy thing i guess hohum

Michelle- rron's brother used to live in Wantirna STh and then Ferntree Gilly, I have a uni friend who is also in Ferntree gully. it is about an hr and a half from here to there. That's the only problem as to get all the way there and back is 3 hrs driving and school pick up is a prob, unless Arron isn't busy. I don't blame you for not going into the city, I hate it in the city, too many cars going in all different directions, and they go much faster than I think they should LOL.

I actually got out the photos just before and sorted them and also thought I would finish the journalling in Josh's kinder stuff, but then got on here. I have sorted through all of Jordan's photos and seperated the others into who they are and I may do some tomorrow when Arron takes Jordan and Josh to the garage sale at his mum's.

I think I have about 1000 photos, no kidding, it is an epic task that's for sure, but I am starting to get it under control.

Anyhow, have a great Easter weekend and chat again soon
    Michelle

Kellee Guest

Hey girls,

Yes, it is quite in here. Who are spiddles and pee? Interesting names... :-)

Scrapbooking sounds like such a great idea! I actually just make a resolution to start doing photo albums... I was looking through some albums at my mum's and it was so wonderful. I was lost in my childhood for a couple of hours. I want Charlie to be able to do that when he's all grown up, but I know that if I leave it for too long, I won't do it. So my tasks for this weekend are a) to organise our photos into albums, and b) do an audit of both my and Charlie's wardrobes to make sure we have enough winter clothes for when we go down south (Cohuna and Barham) in April - I hear it's bloody cold down there!

Sorry to hear that Lani wasn't a happy camper when she had her needles... but have you ever met a bub who is? I remember that the doctor actually slapped me on the thigh because I was so hysterical that she couldn't give me the needle... and I was 13! And when I was five, I ran out of the doctor's office and locked myself in the car because I was so scared. Pity Mum had the key... LOL

Anyway, nothing much to report, and not much time... I just thought I'd pop in and see how you were all doing. Hope to read more of your posts after the weekend... looks like it will be pretty quite in here until then. Although I suppose it makes a change from last month - there were so many posts I got lost and gave up! Glad that I'm able to follow this one - LOL.

Hope you're all fabulous...

- Kellee.

Hi Kellee

Where are Cahuna and Barham? I am in VIC and it is really cold where we live too.

I started scrapbooking cos I wanted to leave a memory book for my kids that they could look at and have some stories about photos told when there is nobody left to tell them about things. I don't write about every photo but some things are very important, things you want them to know about like their birth, birthdays special visits, trips away etc.

Anyway i am actually scrapbooking at the moment, just stopped to check emails, so must keep moving.

Pee and Spiddles both have little boys 6 mths old, and they haven't been around for ages, although I have seen Pee post in other forums. We all get busy with our lives I guess and can't always find the time to pop online. I hope they are having a lovely Easter.
    Hope Charlie has a lovely Easter too,
    Best wishes Michelle

Kellee Guest

Hi Mitch,

Cohuna is in Vic, about 45 minutes from Swan Hill and near Echuca (I think). Barham is just over the river about 20 minutes away from Cohuna and an hour south of Deniliquin (Barham-Koondrook are twin towns separated by a bridge). I grew up in Barham and still have family living there. Mum is going back there for a school reunion, so I thought I'd come and visit everyone too. I remember having to drive through Kilmore to get there from Melbourne, actually.

Wow - the photo album thing is taking much longer than I thought! DH and I have been working on it since about 10.30 this morning... sorting through the photos on the computer, adjusting them, resizing them etc. Then I went to Officeworks to get some paper/an album/some ink etc. and now I'm back home again, but we haven't ever started printing them out yet! Looking forward to having it all finished. We hadn't really ever done anything with our wedding photos either, so we did that at the same time... and that was more than 3 years ago! We are so slack.

I wonder where everyone has disappeared to? Do I smell?

Slow day today. I'm not sure why, but whenever DH gives me a sleep in, I can never go back to sleep! Charlie has been a bit cranky today, which makes me wonder whether another tooth is on the way. I hope he "behaves" himself tonight - we have to go to Mass (MIL is very Catholic) tonight. Although, I suppose it wouldn't be a bad thing if he wasn't... maybe then I would be able to get out of it!

Anyway, hope you're all having a lovely Easter. Remember, Easter Egg calories don't count.... go nuts!

- Kellee.

Hi girls, I keep meaning to do a memory box for Yasin but I keep putting it off. All this talk of scrapbooking and photo albums is inspiring me. I have to do a website for him too. I'm so slack!! #-o ](*,)
    Its really quiet in our forum too since they split it in half.
    I hope everyone's enjoying thier long weekend.

mooshie Guest

hi girls

just thought i would pop in and let you know that so far this weekend i have done 5 pages of scrapbooking =D> , i actually have been sitting on the floor in the room where lani has all her stuff and she lays there playing and watching so it has been great and jay is outside playing with dh so he doesn't constantly come in and annoy me lol - am planning on doing a few more pages today - want to get jays album up to date then start on lani's (then jessies but have been putting that off as it is going to be do hard and way to emotional for me - will leave that for a while i think)

anyway easter bunny bought af for me for the first time since november 2003 wow but lani has been a bit fussy on the boob - yesterday she had her morning sleep then only slept for 45mins in the afternoon so she was quite cranky luckily mum was here so she entertained her, thought i would have a few problems last night gave her a bottle at 7pm and she slept till 5am (no 1am waking hooray) then i fed her and resisted the temptation to just bring her into our bed (i sit on her floor in her room and feed her lol) put her back and she slept till 8am hooray again, she went down at 10.15am and it is now 11.45am and she is still asleep so hopefully she is settling down - i think it was a combination of af arriving (affecting the taste of the milk) and daylight savings ending, even tho she can't tell the time - i felt wrecked yesterday so can imagine the littlies would to, was contemplating giving her an extra bottle today in the arvo then only breastfeed during the night (if needed) and in the morning but my milk supply feels great so i will see how she goes if she is ok on the boobie then i will keep going.

speaking of that how many times do your bubs have there milk feeds - lani tends to have one during the night or hopefully really early in the morning then i give her one when she gets up usually around 7ish she just mucks around tho looking at jay and the telly, i then give her rice cereal and fruit around 8am, i then feed her either before her nap around 9 or 10 if she didn't take much earlier, or if she did i feed her when she gets up around 11, i then give her lunch around 12ish and at 2 i try and feed her then put her down for asleep then give her dinner at 5 and bottle and 7pm - do you think she needs more milk feeds - i tend to be guided by her when to feed but somedays if i didn't offer it i don't think she would have much milk at all.

sorry for the epic - gunna grab my scrapbooking stuff out - i have great ideas floating around my head at the moment.

see yas

HI girls,

Kellee- it does take ages to organise photos. Did you buy albums that said acid free? Just that those ones are supposed to not damage your photos.

Well done Michelle, sounds like you got right into your album. I too got the album out on Sat arvo and did 4 pages, I just need a red pen to finish the heading one 1 page and that means I have completed Josh's year at Kinder, which ended up taking 12 pages to cover it all, but I am really happy. I included his graduation certificate, bday invites and a few other memorabilia items, so I am pleased with it. I can understand how it would be difficult to do Jessi's album, I think you will know when the time is right and then it will probably be a very special thing for you, and a lovely reminder of your precious little treasure.

I don't know if you remember the friend who's little girl was diagnosed with cancer about 6 mths ago, she is the same age as Jemma, well last I heard things weren't good, for awhile the tumours were going then something about cancer spreading to the liver and the choice being quality or quantity in regard to treatment, apparently they changed that and are giving it another go with some treatment. I have my fingers crossed for them that this treatment performs the miracle they are looking for.

Anyway my little bugger Jessica has another tooth so that's 2 down the bottom, and she pulled herself to stand up on her rocker chair on Sunday, she thinks she is just so clever and she isn't even 7 months till the 2nd April. I am so sad that she is in such a hurray to grow up, but that's the way it goes I guess.

As for food/bottles, Jessica has a bottle at approx 7am and always leaves some (I offer 260mls), I use the left over to give her cereal around 9-9.30am, then she goes to bed and has a 2nd bottle at 12ish, then a bottle about 3or4pm and another at bedtime. We only give cereal in the morning and even then she doesn't eat much, I make up 2 tbsp of cereal and she eats about half of it. I am going to the HC tomorrow to weigh in and ask about food tomorrow. Jessica is the opposite to Yasin in the way that I can't hold her to give her a bottle anymore even, she wants to hold it herself/have it propped. Tonight I had to put her to bed with the bottle cos she refussed to drink while I held her. And she will not go to sleep if I cuddle her, but will in her bed. I had to take the basinette part out of the portacot as she was pulling herself up on the side and the next step was over on her head. I finally finished painting the cot and put it up in her room. I am going to start putting her to sleep in it during the day till she gets used to it. Her new curtains in her room have this fummy smell, so I am going to have to try some sort of deoderiser I think. And I need to buy the chest of drawers this week so I can paint it and have it finished by next week. I also wanted to take the girls for photos at broadmeadows on Weds and I have the chn's hospital for Jemma on thurs, so the week is jampacked already and then school breaks up on Fri. 2 weeks of insanity will follow. I also need to book a massage and an eye appt for myself, as I have been wearing my glasses the last 36hrs and I thik my head has been less dizzy. I didn't have to wear my glasses all the time but I think all the time on the comp helpos to strain my eyes. My sister and Dad wear glasses all the time, so maybe I need to too.

Sorry for the epic.

Must fly
    Michelle

Hi girls,
    visited the HC today, jessica put on 580gms and now weighs 7.32 kgs which is 16lb 2.5 ozs. HC is 41.8 and length 65cms which is 1.2cms more than last month. I gave her pumpkin for the first time tonight and she loved it. She also had an easter egg as she watched the others eating choccy and screamed her lungs out. I have pumpkin ready for the next coupl of nights and HC nurse said to start 3 meals next week sometime. I am just worried that she will not drink her bottles, so I am not going to go crazy. She is below the 50th percentile at the moment and I think that's bc of her teeth, she dropped back there for awhile. I am very little, not quite 5ft tall, and Arron kindly asked "Does it mean that Jessica will be a midget?" I said " Oh is that what I am?" I think she may just have my build/genes. You would think at least one of four would be like me in some way.

Hope all is well, gotta got to bed, so much cleaning to do tomorrow and I am so not looking forward to that.

Cheers Michelle

hi everyone

sorry i haven't been here for a while.

I'll just fill you in on a bit about me, i'm 29 and married with 4 kids James 11, Skye 9, Ebony 6.5 And of course Isabella.
    I live in country NSW and am a sahm.

Isabella is crawling and has been since just before she turned 6mths, and she has just cut her 3rd tooth which has made her cranky.

In the last month she has started to wake during the night, is anyone else having this problem or just me, im hoping it's just a stage she is going through.

Sorry to rabble on, i just thought i'd introduce myself a bit better

mooshie Guest

hi there

michelle - looks like jessica and lani are little featherweights lol. don't worry about solids too much it really is all about just introducing new tastes atm isn't it. i worry lani eats to many solids and not enough boobie - she has breastfeed about 4 times a day and more often than not now once during the night or at least if i am lucky around 5.30 in the morning, at least she drinks her bottle before bed i know she gets at least 260mls.

jlk - know all about that night waking, i have been experiencing it since lani was around 4 1/2 mths (after sleeping through from around 10 - 12wks) am sort of used to it now i just give her a quick breastfeed and she goes straight back. health nurse today said just give her a cuddle and/or a drink of water - but i reckon it would annoy me more doing that and getting up and down repeating it every 1/2 hr or so, when i know if i just breastfeed her she is done in about 5 - 10mins and i go straight back to noddy land.

i took lani to health centre today she is now 6.750kgs (inc of 570gms in 2mths) see what i mean by featherweight michelle lol. she is 67cms up from 64cm and her head is 43cms up from 41.5 - so not bad although i thought it would be more as she is definately heavier and she is usually having 3 solid meals a day.

last night i pan fried a lamb backstrap for her then put it in the bamix, i added to her mixed pureed vegies and fair dinkum you would have thought i was giving her huge pieces of meat - it was pureed as much as possible and looked like gravel, well she gagged and spat and coughed and rubbed it all over her eyes and face it was everywhere ds was amazed at how messy babies can be, eventually after ds and me sat there showing her chewing motions she got some onto the gum and started chewing - it will be interesting tonight hopefully she will get it down pat as i want to just start mashing the vegies, i know lots of babies that still have pureed food at over 12mths and when they come across lumps they gag so much they throw everything up. ds was eating vegemite sandwiches at 7mths, so hopefully lani will do the same. i must get the high chair out i think - it will be easier.

btw the health nurse said babies should crawl before they can sit, i thought it was the other way round - lani can sit and the health nurse said she should have more time on her tummy to get into the rolling and crawling, she is on her tummy most of the time and is just not interested in rolling or crawling she prefers to get around by creeping with her arms and legs flying - at least this way she goes in 360 circles and not to far away lol.

ok am off to clean the loos (great job NOT) bloody boys they just smell out loos so much ](*,) i really need to clean them everyday and the floor around them, the day i don't we get visitors and they always need the loo, can be a bit embarresing.

see yas

Oh Michelle I hate toilet cleaning too!

Jessica and Lani are pretty much on a par for age except Lani is a couple of cms taller, at 6 mths Jessica was 63.7cms and now at almost 7 mths is 65cms. So Lani has an extra bit of height.

LOL at the messy food. Jessica has her 2nd pumpkin feed tonight at dinner and was very pleased. Good sign for other food. Ikwym about mashing stuff, I don't puree, just mash, and Jessica had a finger of toast this morning with Jam and no problems there.

Well we are up early for our trek into the chn's hosp for Jemmas finger and then to have photos taken at the shoppihng centre. I think I am coming down with Arron's cold, at first I thought the grass had caused a bit of hayfever, which is strange as I don't get hayfever. But know the way my throat feels I think it's his terrible cold. It's not fair as I just had a chest infection last month, it's not my turn to be sick.

I had a really great ides this arvo, to rearrange my bedroom, I am not quite finished but Jessica had to go to bed soI will finish when I get a chance. It looks good, but will be weird sleeping facing the other way, have slept in the same position for almost 8 yrs. Jessica had 2 sleeps in her own room today in her cot, and I will keep this going for a couple of weeks and then she can go in of a night. I will miss her though so no hurry! LOL

Hi JLK! I have 4 kids too, Jordan (dd) is 10, Joshua is 5, Jemma is 2 and Jessica is almost 7 months. It's definetly busy when you have 4 kids, I'm sure you'd agree, and as I have 2 , 2 and under I have really felt it this time. The others were spaced out nicely so this is definetly harder. I too am a SAHM, I am a prim teacher on Family leave. I intend to go back to work after jessica goes to school, which will be 2010, so I return to work 2011. It sounds so far away when I say that. I hope it goes slow.

Anyway must go, check the forums and go to bed
    Goodnight all
    Cheers Michelle

mooshie Guest

hi there

michelle - hope all is ok with jemma's finger and yay on toast for jessica good little vegemite. lani did better with her meat last night which is good.

and she cut her first tooth to - despite health nurse saying yesterday it wasn't a tooth just a calcium deposit #-o she also said lani's height was in the 10th percentile - which i queries cause i know she is long and dh is 6ft 3 i said don't you mean 90th she was adament 10th, she has a computer she enters everything into and it does the charts automatically, so i took the book and pointed it out on the chart and she is on the 50 percentile - nurse looked at her computer and said oh yes it says she is 9mths old, do you think she bothered to fix it - nah, silly chook - she really was good at the start but something has happened to her in the last few months, really ever since she told me lani had a clicky hip at 4mths and i questioned her as to why it wasn't picked up earlier - she recommend i get an ultrasound which i did and thankfully all was fine, so i don't think she likes to be questioned, tough i will question if i feel she is giving me wrong information been there done that with my first dd and another stupid nurse, i always walked away more concerned and anxious thinking i had done everything wrong - when jess was around 12mths old i wised up to the fact and when nurse said is she drinking milk from a cup and not having bottles - rather than get a lecture i just said yes to shut her up lol.

gotta go pick up the boy from kinder.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123