Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 Months - 9 Months, May '05

mooshie Guest

wtg there yasin - watch our dach lol - is he creeping forwards? lani crept then comando crawled backwards for a while and was sooooo annoyed now she just commando crawls reallllllly fast around the house - hence the little socks with bells in them lol at least i can find her.

yup you really do know how dirty the floors can be - lani gets filty i even washed the floors twice the other day, once with enjo mop then over it again with a steam mop (last time i did that i was trying to kick start labour lol) i often laugh about that old kit kat (i think) add when the woman sits down on the couch and the baby is crawling around with a mop attached to it, mopping the floors - it truly is like that, not to mention the little spew deposits being left everywhere arrhhhh. pull out the dark clothing now i reckon lol

have a good night all.

We are all on at the same time tongiht LOL

Yep I don't think it matters how many times you mop, they still get dirty, dark clothes are great but I loved the ad about the mopping baby too, gotta get me one of them outfits (for Jessica not me) lol

Hope rehearsal was fun Kellee, and I hope you enjoy your last day with us for the next few weeks.

Muct go and watch Revelations! Anyway else watch it last week? It looks very interesting, Arron better not have eaten all the chezels either or he's dead meat. He is working on Jemmas new room again, so I will have my office soon, [email protected]

Goodnight

Kellee Guest

Oops! We're all on here together - you know what they say, great minds think alike!

Love the babymop ad. Have given up on mopping floors - don't they say dirt is good for babies? LOL Charlie just chases me with the broom anyway, and tries to eat the end. Probably more hygenic if I just left the floors how they are!

Must go to bed. Will write later. Hugs to all.

- Kellee.

I have come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter how often I mop the floors, they just end up in the same condition a couple of hours later anyway!
    Michelle I agree with Kellee I like the last option re rollover feed. But then I am not the one who will have to get up in the middle of the night if she doesn't sleep through!
    Grace pulled herself up the other day, the little monkey. She can't sit up by herself yet but there she goes pulling herself up! She was holding onto the edges of Harry's couch and next thing she was standing up. She is getting another tooth through this time on the top so thats three now. It hasn't been bothering her much except the other night she was really unsettled so I gave her some nurofen and some teething gel and she went off to sleep.
    DH and I are going to see Grease the arena spectacular on saturday, I am really looking forward to it, although the tickets were a bit exy. But it will be fun and MIL is looking after the kids for the night.
    Anyway better go

gosh you girls can talk!
    im just popping in quickly - will type more later on - eliana has a stuffy nose so is very clingy & im hoping it won't get worse cause her christening is this sunday
    just a quick question - when did you start giving your babies water?
    promise to type more next time

Bon_ I sympathise with the pulling up baby, Jessica started doing it a few days befoe she turned 7 mths and I was not impressed. Yay on 3 teeth. I hope you guys have a great night at Grease, I think it should be awesome. I would love to go to some live shows, Arron is all like "I'm not watching **** like that!" Not that he's really ever been to anything like it but that's a man for you.

Mel- I have given Jessica water when she wouldn't settle and the MCHN suggested it to help with constipation in the very early weeks. I guess if it is hot then in bewtween bottle you can offer water. I guess the thing is for us that with 4 bottles a day to drink Jessica never seems to need it, but we ae in VIC so it's not as hot as QLD. Have you asked the MCHN?

I have busted my arse rearranging the study today and I must say it looks terrifc, decluttered Dasch I think you should be proud of me! LOL. There is only the tv unit, the comp desk and a small stand for the printer, as well as the 2 kids ull out couches. I have performed a miracle. The lounge is also decluttered with our new furniture. We need a really cheap video player for the kids in the study and then it's done. Shame the rumpus room is collecting all the junk for the garage sale. Oh well you can't win em all.

Not much happened here other than that, Arron went to the DRs and he is off footy for about 3wks, so that's good cos we are out every Sat night between then and now. Thank goodness for a break.

Anyway must fly, other places to check out.

best wishes Michelle

Sorry Mel- almost forgot to say hope Eliana feels better and the christening goes well.
    Best wishes Michelle

Kellee Guest

Hey gals,

Didn't get to write on here yesterday (my "offical" last day in this forum), and I don't have too much time now, but I thought I'd just pop in and say goodbye. I hope your bubs do really well over the next few months, and I look forward to seeing you all again when we're in the same forum.

Big hugs to you and your bubs,

Love from Kellee and Charlie.

Bye Kelle and Charlie *sniff* We will miss you, don't worry I only have 20 days left in here myself.

I am partly cleaning today partly searching ebay for Collingwood stuff for Josh for his bday, which isn't until July but thought I'd see what's around, and Jessica refused to eat lunch the bugger, so not sure what's going on there and jemma is coughing her lungs out, I knew she shouldn't have swam yesterday,oh well she won't be going next week, give her time to get over it.

Must fly cos i am also at a site looking at kids clothes. LOL

So much for cleaning.

Cheers Michelle

mooshie Guest

hi girls

golly we all posted at the same time the other night lol.

kellee and charlie - bye bye see you soon - another month for me.

michelle - sounds like you are busy, makes me think i should really do something here, i reckon i could make a fortune on ebay selling stuff that i dont need or use lol. hope jemma is feeling better soon and bugger about jessica not eating her lunch - lani is also not eating much at all, so if she refuses what i offer then i just give her a piece of pear or a cruskitt which she eats ](*,) looks like another fussy eater in our place - oh well 1 good eater out of 3 aint to bad i guess.

bon - hooray on 3 teeth for grace - lani is on and off cutting her top 2 atm , i thought they would be well and truly here by now considering the start of the week her cheeks were really red and her gums so swollen - seems to have settled down now - wow on the pulling up early to - hmm wonder who will be first to walk jessica or grace - i know michelle won't be in any hurry for jessica to walk lol.

sorry to dach and mel - can't go back far enough on posts and not sure if i have answered them ](*,)

well not much news here - have a busy couple of weekends with kids birthday parties - ahh next weekend there are 2 from kinder one on saturday and one on sunday - what a social life my boy has lol.

lani is crawling or slugging (as we affectionately call it here lol) so fast now - and she is so much happier (if that could be possible lol - she is a happy little chook but when she is tired and cranky we all know about it but with her moving around she starts to crack it then discovers something to distract her. today she was busy pulling up on the window ledge (they are floor to ceiling windows) so not much to pull up on but she can see her reflection in the window and she loves it - she gets such a little infectious giggle happening way cute.

anyway i am going to keep reading all the news in the other forums hope you all have a good weekend. lani is getting her 8mth check on monday can't wait to see her weight - wonder if we can turn that car seat around - not likely i reckon - i predict she will be around 7.5 kgs well see lol.

night night

HI Michelle

You are right about me not wanting to win that race, now if jessica had of been my second, I would have been pushing her to walk but not this time. Then my baby will be gone. I hope y9ou have better luck in the weight dept than me, We were 120gms off 8kgs. But i am turning the seat next Tuesday or prob wedsnesday as my gastroscopy is Tuesday so I prob won't have time to do it that day. I am sure that she will be near enough to 8kgs by then, plus she is sooo strong, as can be seen from all the things she does, so I am sure she will be fine.

Anyway better go and get on the couch with Arron, he will be sooking soon that he is sitting by himself and i am on here.

Cheers Michelle

HI girls
    looks like the weekend was busy, not much action in here.

jemma had a temp sat morning but improved in the arvo so we went to my aunties to see my cousin who was over from WA. Luckily I tookl the thermometer and the panadol cos, Jess had a temp too, 38.8 and then she vomited all over me, so I had to give her 2 lots of panadol, she went down fine last night. She has a runny nose so I have put vicks on her chest/back, and she had a mild temp at midday so i gave her panadol, and tonite she was super sooky, I thikn it is teeth related aas her mouth is really swollen, poor bugger. So I have 2 with colds/runny noses, and Jemma is also coughing. No swimming for Jemma this week.

I have my gastroscopy on Tuesday and am just wishing it was over already. I have been a little emotional about it as I am worried they will find something sinister adn though I know that is not a helpful attitude it is tough to stop that thought process.

Anyway hope you all have had a great weekedn, I did some more cleaning, got the dresser cleaned out and it looks lovely, but at the moment most of the junk is on the dingin table, oh well I will get to that tomorrow arvo, as I have my visit to josh's grade tomorrow, so won't be home until11.45. Half the day is gone, although I may not go in depending on the babies, see how they sound in the morning.

Cheers Michelle

Hi all

Good luck tomorrow Michelle, I hope that everything is fine.

Grease was great, the cast were fantastic and of course seeing John Farnham as teen angel was a highlight. The night didn't start off well though as I got a call from my mum saying my grandmother was in hospital and I should visit because she might not have much time left. She has been declining for a while but seeing her in hospital she was so frail. I am feeling ok about it though, she is still with us and I am not thinking too much about the prospect of her leaving us - I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

On a lighter note I have uploaded some new photos to Grace's website if you want to have a peek. It's only taken about 3 months for me to do it!

mooshie Guest

hi ladies

michelle - bummer about jemma and jessica not being well, hope they both feel alot better to. i hope everything goes well with you tomorrow, it will be good to know what is giong on since you have had a few problems for ages - hoping all is ok on that front - am sure it will be.

bon - i would love to see grease - was craig mclaughlin in that one or is he only in it in melb. not sure - i saw him on dentons enough rope a few weeks ago and i am ashamed to say that when he was henry i thought he was pretty cute and cool - now i dunno i get the feeling he bats for both sides, he seems to be a bit weird. anyway lucky you for getting to go. so sorry about your grandmother it is so hard when they get old and frail, my grandmother is 88 now and still can be a nasty piece of work lol she puts alot of people down and *****es alot about everyone i just nod and agree poor thing she is so bitter.

well lani had her 8mth check today and yup she is still a featherweight lol - she now weighs 7kg and is 70cm (i can't remember head) anyway she is well proportioned so thats good - mchn said i could turn her seat around in the car if i want but i think i will just leave it for a little while - she doesn't seem to mind facing the rear. i also asked health nurse about rollover bottle and she told me that lani will stop it when she is ready hmmm i thought what she is just going to tell me mummy i don't want that bottle anymore lol - i will just keep on doing it until she is eating solids a bit better. health nurse also mentioned that i should be giving her cereal and toast for breaky holy cow i only have time to manage a few spoonfuls of rice cereal lol am always rushing around, she also said i can start with weetbix typical just brought another box of cereal for her so i guess i will finish that off also. so i am going to concentrate on giving lani more food than milk - i will feed her first in the morning but during the day she will start having her food before her milk (although i haven't today lol) she also mentioned i could start the follow on formula arhh i was told i didn't need to change but she said it has more protein or something in it - i can't remember what to do shall i just start her on a new can of the #2 formula or should i mix it with the #1 first.

oh and my friend had a baby boy this morning (her 3rd boy) am stocked can't wait to see her - probably go tomorrow night ohh i get to cuddle a new born again woohoo, golly i will be clucky when i get home lol.

anyway am off to check out the other forums and get my pumpkin soup blended up - going to give it to lani for dinner hopefully she will eat it.

see yas

HI Michelle

Jessica was 7.88kgs at 8mths but Lani is longer than Jessica. Interesting that the MCHN said turn the seat around too. I was going to do it tomorrow but I guess I'll wait till wednesday now. Both girls still aren't 100% so we didn't go to Josh's class today, don't want to pass it around to everybody else.

Having a roast tonight, cooked by Arron, so that is nice for my "last meal " LOL. I am not worried really about the proceedure only about bad results. I am pretty sure too it is no huge problem but it's just so hard being unwell for so long.

I give Jessica 1 weetbix for brekky but not really toast, only occasionally. If you have just brought a new can of formula then just use it up and maybe when it is almost gone give a couple of old formula and a couple of new formula bottles and sort of introduce it that way. That's what I did when I introduced cows milk with my others. Jessica hasn't really been eating much the last couple of days cos of teeth but I am not worried.

Anyway gotta go and work bf MR CHEF has a sook about the table having **** on it.

I'll let you know how I go sometime tomorrow.
    Cheers Michelle

Hi everyone, I hope you're all well.

Michelle, I hope you're little girls are feeling better now. Good luck with your gastroscopy tomorrow :luck: :luck: . I hope its not too uncomfortable for you and fingers crossed that your results come back with nothing serious. Do you have to fast for it?

Bon, wow at Grace pulling herself up!!! What a clever little girl. Yasin still doesn't have any teeth but he's got a couple of little white lumps in his gums now so maybe not too long. I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother.

Kellee, :wave: it won't be long before we're in the same forum again.

Mel, I started giving Yasin water at the same time as I started giving him solids. He's got a sippy cup and a bottle that he can hold (one of those ones with a hole in the middle). I mainly let him hold the water himself rather than doing it for him. I hope her christening goes well.

Michelle, lol at slugging. Yasin is going further and faster by the day. He's obsessed with our phones and remote controls and if we keep moving them a tiny bit out of his reach he can crawple for meters but if we put the bait down a couple of meters away he doesn't think he can go so far so he doesn't really bother chasing it. When he realises how he can travel we're in trouble.

We've already turned the car seat around because Yasin kept getting grumpy and didn't look very comfy. He's a much happier traveller now he's facing forwards.
    lol at all the talk of the baby mop add. I often think of it but but since I've got carpet it wouldn't work in my place. I'm amazed at how hairy my carpet is. Now that Yasin is more mobile he picks up so much hair. I think I might need a new vacuum. DH's office is even grottier. I took Yasin in and let him go on the floor because he kept struggling to get down and when I picked him up his clothes were all grimey eeewww!!!
    I'd better go because DH is muttering about his heart being broken because his wife loves the computer more than him yada yada yada:roll: :roll:

mooshie Guest

hi again

i am bored lol just waiting to give little miss her bottle lol

yum yum on the roast michelle - the only time paul will cook a roast is in the weber (and i still have to carve it - he is a hopeless carver lol)

i forgot to mention that my mchn said in america they apparently are facing backwards until 12mths - so she said it is totally up to me, the later the better i guess, she is quite happy going backwards now so i may leave it, just a hastle with getting her in and out.

i made pumpkin soup today and gave a bowl to lani - she loved it yay, i have decided i am basically going to give her mushed up of whatever we eat - am not cooking seperately for her, going to get her used to grown up food lol - and we don't have anything to extravagent cause jay wouldn't eat it, if i have anything spicy i will just give the kiddies noodles.

it is amazing dach on the amount they pick up when they are slugging around - that is why i hate crawling, i figure they may as well be walking as they are getting around, at least when walking they don't get as filthy lol.

oh yeah mel - i introduced water to lani at around 4mths, i give it to her in a spill proof cup if we are out and about and when she is safely in her highchair she has it in a normal cup and just makes a mess but hey she is learning lol. should have seen her today, avocado on toast mashed through fingers and over face - and a lovely puddle of water on high chair tray - was great for squishing her hands through lol.

anyway nearly time to give the little miss her bottle, goodluck again for tommorrow michelle.

Hey everyone! Sorry haven't posted for ages. I have been very slack.

Anyway wanted to say good luck to Michelle.

Will try to post more later. Alana has woken and will want something to eat.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast