Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 9 Months - 12 Months, April '05

*Yvette* Guest

Marisa, what is the admin work you do from home? I'm hoping I'll eventually be able to work from home. And what's it like living in Skye? I saw it on a map last night when I was looking at land for sale.

*yvette*
    I work for a large computer company - so the work I do is based on raising contracts.
    Skye is a nice place to live. It is just like everywhere else - not like the Skye I wanted to live in where we would have acres of land. I guess we could do that but we would have to win tatts tomorrow night. There are some great houses being built around here.
    We bought land here 6 years ago and then starting buliding a few months after. The price of land has doubled since then.
    The only problem is that the girls go to school in Mentone - so its a nice long drive. Their school has their own bus with the boys school - so it worked out to be cheaper to buy them bus passes instead of driving them back and forth.
    And DH works out in Glen Waverley - near you!

I just noticed a mention of a cleaner LOL We have one every two weeks here... DH insisted when I got PG and was working on my feet all day and exhausted and he got one who does our floors/bathrooms and she does the kitchen too! I love her... She still comes, we were going to cancel her when I got a hold of the mum thing and maybe we could now, but I'm scared LOL... I love the fact that everything gets done one Friday a fortnight and I just have to keep things clean & laundry the rest of the time. I dust the day before she gets here and I do all the laundry before she comes, so when she leaves its a clean house! YAY!

Christy, I am literally green with envy!! I want a cleaner too!! Is she very expensive at all? (I'm sure I have asked you this before, however I have a severe case of Mummy mush brain atm...)
    I am seriously tempted to get one in on the sly during the day when DP isnt home... he would never accept paying someone to clean cause he thinks I can manage it all myself...... maybe I can, but I'm not doing a very good job of it atm!
    I can only imagine how impressed he would be to come home once a fortnight to a sparkling clean house, lmao! I guess that would be a bit deceptive though...

*Yvette* Guest

Marisa, maybe you should just go out & have some time to yourself when he’s home on his rdo. 6 steps, wow, that’s mega. Sounds like he’s doing well.

I’ve got no idea how much Angus has put on lately. He was 8kg & something last time, & we’re not going again til his birthday, but we’re sure he’s grown, so I’ve turned the car seat around & he loves facing forward now & it’s so much easier to put him in and out.

My house is worse than blah, the washing is washed but not folded or ironed & the pile is getting bigger, and the floor! I hope we don’t have any unexpected visitors. Even when I have cleaned it really well, Angus’ knees & tops of his feet are black by the end of the day & DH has to scrub him in the shower. I’m just trying to keep everyone in clean clothes, remember to put the bins out & keep the high chair & dining table usable.

Christy, I’m jealous too. If only I could make a bit of money from home I’d get one for sure. Ambah, go for it, & don’t be embarrassed with DH. Making things easier for you will be good for him too

katanya Guest

I would love a robot actually one that permanently picks up after me! My mother had a clening lady when I was a teenager and I just remember having to clean up for her..put me off for life..I would be too embarressed to get one now, that I would have to clean up for her puts me off! and the money of course..Ambah I would go for it if you can afford it!

Good to see so many of us working from home, there is a balance between being a SAHM and working away from your baby isn't there?

Felix is going strong, nothing new to report, except I am anxiously counting down the days till hospital again..not with excitement let me tell you!

We pay the cleaner $30 for 2.5 hours work Sometimes she finishes early and then the next week will do something like polish the wooden table or dust the bookcase extra

I hear you on the black knees and toes thing... Matilda's is like that 10 out of 14 days in our house (2 days in childcare and one day house cleaning & the other is when I mop O )

katanya Guest

We pay the cleaner $30 for 2.5 hours work
    OMG that is peanuts! I get paid more than that and do less work! Definitely affordable though, is that private or through an agency?[/quote]

It is peanuts and I heard about her through a neighbour who she helps out too. She doesn't have a car and just goes where she wants too, but works 5 days a week and around 8 hours a day... I would be exhausted!!

I know about the cleaning up ahead of time... I sometimes wonder why I do it, clean up for the cleaner to come LOL, but the end result is so nice... and then I can sit for a few days and not worry about laundry or the bathrooms or the floor and I love that break...otherwise I can only get one thing done a day and its never fully clean ykwim?

I told DH about Felix going back into hospital and he asked when we were going to visit so maybe two days post everything, give him a chance to rest up before we come and invade...if thats okay with you?

*Yvette* Guest

Lol @ cleaning before the cleaner, but know what you mean, so nice to have everything done, & they can’t really do the floors properly if there’s stuff all over it & crumbs ready to fall onto it off the bench etc. I used to tidy up & do the washing, clean the kitchen etc, then they would change the beds & do the floors & bathrooms. They said everybody always wants their cleaner on a Friday so it will be all nice for the weekend, which is why it’s hard to get one on a Friday.

Just been to your thread about Felix Katanya & caught up. Phew, what a lot to deal with. Will be thinking of you for the biopsy, & love Felix’s new piccies.

katanya Guest

I told DH about Felix going back into hospital and he asked when we were going to visit so maybe two days post everything, give him a chance to rest up before we come and invade...if thats okay with you?
    I would LOVE you too, as it gets very boring there after a day or two! Felix will appreciate Miss Matilda as a playmate too!

I will PM you the ward's # as this time we are in the surgery ward (last time we were in the medical and infectious ward) and we can't use mobiles on the wards, but you can call the rooms.

katanya Guest

Hi everyone

Just dropping by to mention Felix did a woohoo today..took his first steps..in David Jones of all places..and then also threw his first real wobbly over having to get into the pram again..

WTG Felix for your first steps!!! =D> \/

Not much going on here atm... DP is home for the whole week, as he is taking some leave... we are going on holidays to Maleny from Wed - Fri for his birthday... and are sooo looking forward to it! Its going to be beautiful up there!
    Have been trying to sort out things like clothes and food to pack... my god, isn;t it amazing how much you need to take along just for 2 nights with a baby!! Portacot, highchair and pram are going to take up the entire carboot, and thats not including anything else we want to bring for ourselves! 8-[
    Oh yeah, did I mention we have a new car now? (FINALLY!!!) We have offically owned it for about a week. Its a 2001 model Toyota Corolla Levin model, in electric blue, very nice

I am wondering if Aidyn is coming down with something... he slept in until 8.30this morning, then went down for a nap from 10.20 to 12.45, then has been asleep since 4pm and its now 5.45!! Crazy... cause he usually doesnt have an afternoon nap anymore... but I'm not complaining either, hehehe
    Well, speaking of, he must be psychic cause I can hear him waking in his cot.
    TTFN!

katanya Guest

Oh yeah, did I mention we have a new car now? (FINALLY!!!) We have offically owned it for about a week. Its a 2001 model Toyota Corolla Levin model, in electric blue, very nice
    YAY Ambah!! that will make such a difference to your days!

Have a brilliant time in Maleny, LOL at all the stuff you have to take with a baby, I bought Felix a ELMO suitcase today it has red fur on the outside for hospital, and got myself a really boring one. but better than taking a million bags to hospital!

Hey girls

Just took lachlan for his injections and she said the chicken pox vaccination is only going to be free to children under 18mths, when it comes onto the free list at the end of the year. So Lachlan will just miss out ](*,) Looks like i will be taking both the boys to be done soon then.

Oh Ambah, congrats on the new car too babe !!

Love

katanya Guest

Kathryn when is the cut off date for the free chicken pox injections?

Not sure how keen I am anyhow, as Felix has to have Flu shots too, due to being a high risk child. I hate all these damn needles, I'd take them myself if I could for him

oh its scary thinking about more injections... We have homeopathic drops to counteract the chicken pox virus and we are supposed to use them if/when she comes in contact with children who have recently had or if day care lets us know about chicken pox going around.

YAY Ambah on the new car =D> How exciting! And YAY for the sleeps!! Thats great!! Matilda slept like that for 2 weeks and then in the last 4 days has reverted back to her screaming ways ](*,) but I still hold on to the wonderful reminder that it is possible. I hope you have a wonderful vacation!

Speaking of going out, we are going out to dinner tomorrow night! WOW DH has organised everything, even a babysitter! \/ She's coming over at 7 which is usually after Matilda has fallen asleep and we are going out to dinner at a flash place I've been wanting to go to for over a year as theres a famous chef there.... anyway... its going to be a great birthday pressy!

From what she said they are going to give it free when the child hits 18mths as part of the normal routine vaccinations, BUT it doesn't become free till the end of the year, so probably in the new year that will be introduced.

She also said that Lachlan has had all his injections now and won't need anymore till he is 4. I didn't know that they had cut out the 2yr one as well.

Love

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast