Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 9 Months - 12 Months, April '05

WooHoo Felix!
    Ambah - glad you got a car!! Why bother taking the highchair when you can use the pram to feed and park Aidyn? Might save you some space?

OMG - first day back at day job yesterday. YUK, Af returned with a vengeance to start the day. Sat waiting for access to the system, with 50 people in the queue glaring at me cos I wasn't doing much and realizing I just don't think I can hack being in such a tense environment again. Even more annoyed becasue I've been moved and now have to learn an entirely NEW set of rules and payments, and I was more than proficient before. YUK!

Of course Mitchell has been conniving with Matilda again, and is back to the non-sleep routine. Bugger.

Lulu What is with our children in cohoots with each other????

I think Matilda realised today was a day to be nice to mummy though and went for her morning nap early...whew

Bad night with Asha last night again. I can not wait for these teeth to finally get here.

Asha woke up at 3am and got in to bed with us ... she went straight back to sleep but woke up again just before 5. She didn't want to just lie down and "talk" to me so she decided to wake Daddy up by slapping his head! Daddy got grumpy so she crawled back to me and gave me a cuddle but when I wouldn't let her move around she got upset and started crying. This woke Daddy up again and he was even grumpier this time. So I got up with Asha at about 5.10 and went to the lounge room. Sat in the chair and turned on Foxtel. Asha crawled around for about an hour and then came for a cuddle and we both had a little nap for about an hour. Daddy came out of the shower and saw us sleeping on the recliner and felt bad because we slept out there. Still he got the sleep he needed and because I am on school holidays I figured I can always have a sleep later today if I need one.

Ryan has a new job!!! He is going back to the company he used to work for and was head hunted by his old boss for the job. He can't wait to hand in his resignation today and we are both hoping that his boss tells him to leave immediately but I won't hold my breath!!! He starts his new job on the 26th of this month, same day as school goes back!!!

Better go I guess ... cleaning to do while Asha is in day care ... the floors need mopping although Asha still gets dirty feet even after I have mopped the floors, guess I need to get the carpet done as well!!!

Cheers

Well I haven't been able to post for a few days due to being hectic with work and home life.

I don't have time for personals today either,sorry.

Today will be my last post in here as it Shayla's 1st birthday today. \/ \/

We are going to my parents for tea and my sister and my brother and his wife will be there too. We are also going to have a party for her this Sunday in the local park, so hopefully it wont rain. [-o<

I will come back to tell you all how it went. I will see you all as you graduate up to 1 yr olds LOL

Clare

*Yvette* Guest

Yay for the new car Ambah. Hope you have a lovely holiday & find room in the car for some stuff of your own. I would just use the stroller as a high chair too, but I suppose it’s harder to clean!

Sounds like Angus will just make it for the chickenpox vaccine? The big girls have both had actual chickenpox (though I wish I'd written down the dates/details so I felt more confident about it). Gee, when I was a kid we got to have actual measles & mumps too, a lot less fun than a needle. I hadn’t heard about the homeopathic drops Christy, it is a bit scary that there are so many needles now. We paid for the menigococcol ones before they became free, and didn’t even know about pneumococcol til Angus. I know what you mean Katherine about them changing which needles they have, the number of needles and which ones go when and what the vaccines are called have changed from Lola to Ruth to Angus, so it took me ages going through their records to check they’d all had everything, & we had to do a catchup for Ruth for Hep B. One thing I didn’t give any of them though was the vitamin K at birth, & put off any needles for the first couple of months.

Yay for Felix’s first steps. Yesterday Angus was standing holding a door, then let it go & stood for a few secs, then took one little step & wobbled to the floor before he could take another one. It’s also possible he may have said Daddy when I got him up in the morning, I always bring him into our bed to be changed, & I say look here’s Daddy, it really seemed like he said it, but it’s so hard to tell. Sometimes not quite sure when to note down a milestone.

Hope your birthday dinner was lovely Christy.

Lulu, I remember going back to work after Lola & having to learn new legislation/procedures after a year away.

Kelly, I sympathise about Asha in your bed. Angus just goes nuts in our bed, so rough when we’re just waking up & he’s all excited. It is just not possible to get him to sit still. He always has black knees & feet too, even when I’ve just cleaned the floors.

Happy birthday Shayla! Will miss your red boots Clare, see you in about 7 weeks (OMG, Angus will be 1 that soon!?!)

Angus is sleeping beautifully again, including naps. Seemed to be a short temporary extra grizzly time we went through. The only thing now is the eating, still pulling any ‘spoon’ food out of his mouth, so no more weetbix for now, & meals are so much more messy with finger food, but he is getting better at eating toast & sammijes. And he absolutely refuses to wear a bib, pulls them off, so needs change of top & hose off after meals. Due for another bulk pack of baby wipes. Also, he’s gotten through the overturned chairs blocking the lounge, so is no longer safe & can’t find a way to block it off properly, it’s such a big opening. Yesterday I looked away briefly & he was in there & had knocked the projector off the coffee table & broken the globe, DH not impressed with me. We’re so lucky though, because it was on, and he could have looked into the light & had his eyes seriously damaged.

Sorry Matilda is back to driving you nuts Christy. I can report that Angus’ nappy changes are getting even worse if that’s any consolation, lol.

Wow happy birthday Shayla!!! (I have to say its a great day )

ahhh Kelly I hope tonight is better for you!

YAY Yvette on Angus' sleeps being better!

Happy Birthday Shayla !!!!!!

Love

Hiya girls!! I hope you are all having a good day...

We had a marvelous night out... and DH planned everything really well. The babysitter arrived while DH was settling Matilda and we stayed at home with her for 30 minutes and Matilda stayed asleep \/ . So we went out & it was fantastic.... Matilda woke once, but she popped the dummy in and that was all it took! YAY!

I feel much better about going out now

But then she was up heaps last night coughing and having problems with her cold, so off to the GP this morning. Matilda got a rash over night as well which was worrying, but the GP seems to think the rash & the bad poo's she's been having are more to do with the antibiotics she was on. She said everything else was clear and to just let her rest... If I could only get her to sleep!!! ](*,)

Another bad night again last night ... she woke at 3.30 and didn't want to go back to sleep. Her gum is really swollen and I am pretty sure she will get both her bottom teeth at once She has had a dose of Nurofen this morning and has gone to day care and was playing happily when I left. the girls will ring me if she is upset! So I should be doing housework but thought I would sit for a bit and start at 11.30!

Cheers

Hi Everyone...Hope all is going well.
    I think it must be a boy thing with nappy changes and them running all over the place. Kayne is a nightmare at nappy time....I dont ever remember the girls being like this (even though it was about 11 years ago).
    Kayne is now taking about 20 steps and getting more confident withi his walking - dont know whether to laugh or cry. They grow up so quickly.
    I have had a bad day with lots of stress - so the poor kids have been keeping out of my way heaps today. DH just called and said he would grab take out for tea tonight ....hmmm maybe one of the kids called him and told him that mummy was very grumpy!
    Christy - glad you had a great night out. Maybe you can do it more often. Sorry that Matilda is not feeling the best.
    Lulu - going back to work is not easy - I took 6 months off and couldnt remember how to log on to any of the systems we used!
    Hope everyone else is doing well and getting heaps of sleep - I know that I am not.
    Anyway - have a gregt night everyone!

I received this per email from a friend:

BONDS BABY SEARCH - SUMMER 05’
    CALLING BEAUTIFUL BABES

Bonds, Australia’s largest manufacturer of baby and infants clothing are holding a baby casting open to the general public in search of baby girls and boys, to appear in the Bonds Summer 2005 print campaign.

The Bonds baby search is the first in the history of the brand and will see baby hopefuls in the hundreds. Expected to be the biggest baby casting, the Bonds baby search is in answer to an overwhelming response and general interest in the search to find the next Bonds baby for the summer 2005 print campaign.

What? Bonds Baby Search Summer 05 - photographic casting

When? Saturday 16th April 2005
    9am – 12 noon

Where? Paddington Town Hall, Sydney
    Cnr of Oxford St and Oatley rd
    Enter via Oxford Street entrance)

Judges: Sue Morphet, General Manager, Bonds
    Rebecca Doyle, Baby/Children’s Wear Divisional manager, Bonds
    Paul Epsom, Bonds baby photographer
    Representatives from the Agency, The Arc Factory

Requirements: A legal guardian or parent must be present at casting
    The baby should be:
    Aged between 10 and 12 months
    Fit into a size 0
    Be alert and able to support/ sit up by themselves

------------

maybe someone is interested??

*Yvette* Guest

So glad your night out went well Christy. I hope Matilda’s sleeping improves soon & she’s feeling better.

Full sympathy re nappy changes Marisa. Angus is a nightmare to change still, especially if it’s poo. Gee Kayne is an early walker, 20 steps! Sorry you’ve been stressed, I remember how exhausting it is to be working with a little one. Must be even harder trying to do both at the same time, at least I had Ruth in childcare, & only occasionally had to bring the kids into work.

Angus is just starting to cruise more, has taken one step, and loves to move the furniture around (our dining chairs are quite light).

We got our projector back today; they replaced the globe under warranty, so I’m out of the doghouse, lol.

Bought Angus some new jammies today, with feet in them, and the top has some buttons to stop the bottoms coming off, so hopefully that will keep him warmer at night. When we put him to bed, he has his dummy on a clip, cuddles his bear, & likes to grab his cell blanket & cuddle himself down rocking on elbows & knees, on top of his blanky. We can’t get him to settle under the covers, so have had to start sneaking in after he’s asleep to tuck him in so he won’t get too cold, but in the morning his little hands and feet are cold. At least he’s still sleeping well.

Matilda started walking more this week too... around 10 steps at the moment 8-[ it is scary.

OOOweee what a week!
    Mitchell is starting to understand the concept of sleeping day AND night. Hooray!! I can only hope it lasts. He seems to be over the teething, cold, and hand,footand mouth (WTF?). Thank god! Now we can go back to playgroup!
    I have to ring dad and ask very sweetly to use his car to drive to Bacchus Marsh today (miles away), cos my mechanic couldn't fix my car in time. Some electrical problem, but god love him, he is going to drag it down to holden for me so he can sort it out. If I took the car in, they would have $$$$ in their eyes. Am a lucky girl to have a great mechanic, better buy him some beer as well.
    OMG! Matilda walking!!! Mitchell will stand up on his own for a little while, but walking seems to be a way off. Thats us girls I suppose, ALWAYS one step ahead!
    I wish the Bonds casting was in Melbourne.....

Thats great that Mitchell is sleeping!!

Well...Friday wasn't such a good day for us. Bt 9am I was on the phone to the sleep centre we went to in tears and Matilda was on her third tantrum of the day and I didn't know what to do anymore. DH was in a meeting and not answering his phone. The sleep school said I'd better pack my bags and come back in as we now have behavioural issues. Then the cleaner showed up and I just handed her Matilda and ran out the door. I came back 40 minutes later after going to the bank & sitting and crying in the car for a while. Luckily our friend was home from work so I packed everything including hte dogs up and went over, she put Matilda to sleep for me and I just laid on her lounge for most of the day, we went for a long walk later and I felt better. DH went to their house after work and then took us home. Then yesterday, Matilda decided to be the perfect child, sleeping again and everything (of course when DH is home!) today I let him sleep in and she tantrumed & all her food wound up all over me and she just went rank. So Ive come on here while DH finishes up with her & puts her to bed... ](*,) Everything was going so well for a month there....

katanya Guest

oh wow Christy you poor thing, things sound really full on! I am not sure what to do either when Felix tantrums, depsit working with children with challenging behaviours I find it SO hard to apply to my own child
    I hope today is much better for you..

I wrote a huge post yesterday with personals for everyone and then lost the entire thing when my log in timed out ](*,) so you'll have to forgive me for waiting to I re-do it.

Some bad news here, Felix seems to have a chest infection, and if that is the case the biopsy will be put off..I have a script for antibiotics and I think I'll get it filled as he woke up screaming most of the night..never usually use them but he's not a happy chappy. The biopsy is on tuesday so perhaps if we start antibiotics today it may clear by then? I just wonder whether I shouldjust cancel, but I have built myself up for it, and I just couldn't stand to have to go through it again..

awww thats so hard katanya! I would definately give them a call at the RBCH and see what they say... they will probably tell you to postpone it, and that would suck having to prepare yourself again! *hugs* I hope Felix starts feeling better!

*Yvette* Guest

Hugs & sympathy Christy, so sorry it’s been tough for you. Do you find Matilda gets more cranky when she’s tired? With Angus it’s a sure sign he’s due for bed or nap. Often when he’s really tired he gets very active & doesn’t look tired, but we’ve got used to the little signs. He will play up if he’s bored & wants attention too, & will start playing by himself if I sit in amongst his toys with him for a bit, play a little bit or look at a book or something, then he goes off & forgets I’m there & I sneak off. Sorry if I’m making lame suggestions, I just feel for you and wish I could help somehow.

Hi Katanya, bummer about Felix’s chest infection. It would totally suck having to wait again for the biopsy & go through the build up again. Big hugs for you too.

Hi Lulu, that’s great things are going better with Mitchell. I’ve been really lucky with Angus so far, just that grumpy spell last week, no idea what it was. Still no sign of top teeth & it was too long after his needle to be related to that.

Angus had some other kids around him today & loved it so much I think we’re gonna have to get off our bums & get to the local playgroup.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast