Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 9 Months - 12 Months, June '05

Default 9 Months - 12 Months, June '05

Welcome to the 9 Months to 12 Months thread for June 2005!

To have any of your details included in this thread, please reply to this post and a moderator will add you to the list.

9 Months to 12 Months List - June '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl
    Baby Name(s):
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:

__________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: bob
    State: wa
    Baby's DOB: 4/july/2004
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Isaac
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes:

Forum Name: Lil G
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 06/07/2004
    Baby Name(s): Ethan Thomas
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/littlemanethan
    Health Concerns: None, healthy bubba
    Notes: Ethan is fantasticly healthy, He was a breech bub and was born by C/S 10 months ago now, how time flies.
    __________________________________________________ ____________

Forum Name: Von
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 7th July 2004
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Natasha Marie
    Baby's Website: N/A
    Health Concerns: Had reflux, colic
    Notes:Induced 2 weeks early hbp, posterior 12 hours of labour emergency ceaserean

Forum name: jlk
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 3rd August 2004
    Babys name: Isabella
    Web Address: N/A
    Health Concerns: N/A
    Notes: Growing up to fast

Forum Name: Kellee
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 12th August, 2004
    Baby Name(s): Charles (Charlie)
    Baby's Website n/a
    Health Concerns: n/a
    Notes: Having sleeping problems, but am on the way to fixing them. Crawling, sitting up on his own, hates solids (so far!) but will keep persevering!

Forum Name: Rose
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 27th August, 2004
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Girl
    Baby Name(s): Amelia Jane
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/r/roseamelia
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) ?eczema, Has not been diagnosed as yet But rashy skin
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) Induced labor.6hrs. Happily breastfeeding

Forum Name: mitch4now
    State: VIc
    Baby's DOB: 2nd September 2004
    Baby Name(s): Jessica Brodie Jayde
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/jessica4th
    Health Concerns: a slight turn in the eye Seeing Royal Ch'ns hospital on July 4th.
    Notes: Jessica is growing up way too fast!

Forum Name: Pee
    State: Western Australia
    Baby's DOB: 8th September, 2004
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl: Little Boy
    Baby Name(s): Ryley Morgan
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/bubbs/
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) None so far thank goodness!!
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc) 2 weeks late almost- emergency c-section after 21 hours of labour without pain relief- but he was worth it!!

Forum Name: Spiddles
    State: Queensland
    Baby's DOB: 9th September, 2004
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Boy
    Baby Name(s): Liam Ronald
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mindmuck
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) None
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 10 days early, spontaneous birth after being induced

Forum Name: HypnoHarmony
    State: ACT
    Baby's DOB: September 24th
    Baby Name(s): Jack
    Baby's Website: N/A
    Health Concerns: wheat allergy possible egg and dairy allergy
    Notes:

Kellee Guest

Hello! Welcome to June! What a fabulous new look for the site. Well done!

More teething issues with Charlie last night. He has been waking up a lot lately - all he ever needs is a quick drink (not because he's hungry but because his teeth hurt and it helps) some Panadol/Nurofen (depending how bad it is - nothing else works for him anymore) and some SM33 and he's back to sleep. I always feel so bad for him. I have some major tooth problems at the moment (might have to have a root canal -I'm in pain all the time) so I can't imagine how bad it must be for bubs to have teeth coming through. Ow!

Anyway, hope you're all well.

I'm going to have Mitchell party at the playgroup centre on the weekend. I can't have people in this tiny house and it will be freezing. Hopefully moving very soon. Actually I'd better go and start organizing, I only have 2 weeks! EEEK!

Kellee Guest

That's so exciting! Bet you can hardly believe it's come up so fast.

Actually, what's the norm for presents? What kind of things to people get for their 1 year olds' birthdays? Not sure what to get Charlie - it would be nice to get something he could use both now and in the future - something that could withstand him playing with it for a long time!

Hi everyone
    Could you please add my details for tomorrow, *sob*

Forum Name: mitch4now
    State: VIc
    Baby's DOB: 2nd September 2004
    Baby Name(s): Jessica Brodie Jayde
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/jessica4th
    Health Concerns: a slight turn in the eye Seeing Royal Ch'ns hospital on July 4th.
    Notes: Jessica is growing up way too fast!

Well we are here tomorrow, will pop in after my busy day, I am having lunch with the bb girls in Werribee and then Josh has swimming and I have another appt for my back. So maybe I'll get on tomorrow night.

Good luck with all the first bday Preparations, girls.

Cheers Michelle

Have a good time tomorrow Michelle!

Yvette - recovering from Angus's b'day celebrations, we share a birthday!!
    How's the fight with Biralee? I was talking to one of the Angliss midwives and she thinks it's a heap of crap about the intervention. She thinks it might be worth it to see Dr Davenport at Boronia, she says he's the birth centres greatest fan and really supports the midwives. I met him when I miscarried and warmed to him immediatley. I know he would really listen to you. I can find his details if you would like.

Actually, you haven't been around much lately YOOOHOOOO.

Poor mitch has the sorest botty again. Think I'd better put him on the goats milk formula again. He hardly eats, poor thing - seems to be snotty cold and gastro over and over and has no chance to get an apetite. He'll be one soon. Are they supposed to still be on formula after they are one??? While he is sick he is very on and off about food. I feel like a **** asking, but DD was boobies all the way to solids and it WAS 12 years ago!!

Hi guys! Things have been going crazy with me having a migrane and friends coming to stay for 3 weeks...I hope to get back into things again soon!

Lulu. It is up to you if you want to move your son up to the toddler formula or not.

I changed both my boys to diluted cows milk when they turned 1 and slowly increased the milk percentage till it was 100% milk.

Love

Kellee Guest

I was wondering about the formula thing too... Charlie is breastfed, but I didn't know whether I should move from b/m to formula or straight to cow's milk... so many questions! I intend to feed him until he's about 18 months or maybe even 2 - I'll just see. I really love feeding him, so I'll probably put it off as long as I can!

Sorry you have had a migrane and been busy, Christy. Hope you feel better soon.

And sorry that Mitch has been sick, Lulu. It's terrible when that happens - you feel so helpless. What does the doctor say is up with him? Has he had gastro for a while? Poor little guy.

Went shopping today with my best mate. Charlie, who is usually wonderful when we shop, had very sore teeth and was grizzly for most of the day, poor fella. So it was a bit stressful - luckily my friend (who is childless) was very understanding... I've had problems with childless friends in the past when Charlie's had a 'bad' day. Has anyone else had problems like that?

On a positive note, Charlie has been standing, unaided, for up to 5 seconds at a time! And he even took a few steps yesterday. I'm so proud of him... he can't talk yet, but he sure can move! I think it will be battlestations before he's one - he'll be running all over the place. I hope DH isn't away when he starts walking properly - he'd be disappointed to miss that.

Anyway, so much to do, so little time, so much time spent procrastinating! Hope you're all well.

BTW, hi again Mitch! Hope Jess is well, and that you enjoyed your lunch.

Kellee Guest

I was wondering about the formula thing too... Charlie is breastfed, but I didn't know whether I should move from b/m to formula or straight to cow's milk... so many questions! I intend to feed him until he's about 18 months or maybe even 2 - I'll just see. I really love feeding him, so I'll probably put it off as long as I can!

Sorry you have had a migrane and been busy, Christy. Hope you feel better soon.

And sorry that Mitch has been sick, Lulu. It's terrible when that happens - you feel so helpless. What does the doctor say is up with him? Has he had gastro for a while? Poor little guy.

Went shopping today with my best mate. Charlie, who is usually wonderful when we shop, had very sore teeth and was grizzly for most of the day, poor fella. So it was a bit stressful - luckily my friend (who is childless) was very understanding... I've had problems with childless friends in the past when Charlie's had a 'bad' day. Has anyone else had problems like that?

On a positive note, Charlie has been standing, unaided, for up to 5 seconds at a time! And he even took a few steps yesterday. I'm so proud of him... he can't talk yet, but he sure can move! I think it will be battlestations before he's one - he'll be running all over the place. I hope DH isn't away when he starts walking properly - he'd be disappointed to miss that.

Anyway, so much to do, so little time, so much time spent procrastinating! Hope you're all well.

BTW, hi again Mitch! Hope Jess is well, and that you enjoyed your lunch.

bob Guest

Forum Name:
    State: wa
    Baby's DOB: 4/july/2004
    Baby Name(s): Isaac
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes:

Asha has been on formula & cows milk for about a month now. We started with 3/4 formula & 1/4 milk and right now she is on 1/2 formula & 1/2 milk. Next week we will switch to 1/4 formula & 3/4 milk and then when she is one in a couple of weeks she will be on full cows milk!!! So we are on our last tin of formula!!! She eats so much now that she gets plenty of nutrition from her food and won't need formula anymore.

Another tooth is almost through so Asha has been super cranky! Yesterday she was not a happy girl but has been better today, not much but a bit!

Christy, sorry you have been getting migraines! I have been lucky and never had one!

Kellee I don't keep in touch with any of my old friends in Adelaide and those of my friends who are childless here in Perth are teachers so do understand!!!

Lulu Sorry to hear that Mitchell has been so sick. I hav been lucky so far, all Asha has had is a cold! Hope you find some answers soon.

Yvette hope you are well. It must be hard now to chase after Angus and looking after yourself and get some rest!

Welcome Michelle!! Only 16 days and I am on to the next forum! It goes way too quick.

Cheers

HI girls,
    it's official, Jessica is 9 months.

I have no time to do personals today, sorry, Arron is stressing cos I am on here and he wants to spend time with me cos he leaves for QLd tomorrow, so I will be here prob almost all day for the next 5 days LOL

Anyway hope you feel better Christy.

Have a great day everyone
    Michelle

Hi guys thanks. I'm still getting it on and off, so back to the physio today, I think the main problem is I'm not supposed to lift anything or do anything strenuous with my neck, but how do you not lift an 11 month old who has just fallen & hit her head? I've spend alot of time this week on the ground with her, but I'm still having to lift her heaps... yuck. So today she's gone to day care & I'm going to go have a bath & go to the physio and come home for a nap before I pick her up to help this neck heal...

=D> Jessica for 9months! *hugs* to you Michelle though, its amazing how quick everyone is growing up!

I was thinking about the formula thing too... at the moment Matilda has 3 bottles of formula and then diluted milk for m/tea & a/tea... and at night if she wakes she gets 60mls of milk.

WOW at Asha!! I think I have tooth envy again...

Speaking of, we went to the Dr this morning to have Matilda's nose checked out (green slime this morning...) & all is okay except he checked out her gums and wants me to make an appt with a dentist as he thinks she may not have any teeth in one section of her gums... so in the next month if there are no teeth we have to go. This is a new Dr as well, because I found a GP in our area who only does paediatric medicine and since we can NEVER get into see our GP when we need him, I thought I'd give this guy a go... here's hoping. Matilda liked him & he seems really nice. A bit more understanding of baby's problems...identifying behaviours & not keen on antibiotics...which I like.

Christy that is not good about the teeth, fingers crossed they appear soon then! Hope the physio helps, and you are right, it is impossible to not use your neck with a baby or a toddler.

I have only ever moved from formula to cows milk, intorducing it gradually and diluted over a couple of weeks. I haven't used a follow on formula, cos my kids were always good eaters and didn't need the formula anymore.

Hi Kellee- here I am, it went way quicker than I thought. Good to see things are going well for you.

Lucy- hope Mitchell starts to feel better soon, it's so tough when they are constantly unwell.

Who have I missed? I will have to pop back later wen I have more time, which this weekend should be heaps as Arron is in QLD till Tuesday, fishing and visiting his brother for his birthday (Oh and drinking and smoking too LOL).

Gonna go to Coles to get something for dinner very soon

See ya
    Michelle

Kellee Guest

Hey everyone,

Bob - I got your pm... Isaac will have his birthday before Charlie, so I'm afraid I'm not a good one to ask about parties. I'm having trouble thinking of what to do myself!

I hope some teeth are hiding inconspicuously, as opposed to the alternative, Christy, Sorry that Matilda is sick. Hope she feels better much soon. I hear you on the doctor thing - I think that some doctors (certainly not all) sort of rush the appointments and don't really get to the cause of the problem, preferring to prescribe the recommended meds. I never take Charlie to a doctor that doesn't have kids him/herself - I think it's only when you have children of your own that you really understand how scary it is when your child is sick. Hope things sort themselves out for you - and your neck too! You poor thing.

Wow - Asha on full cow's milk! Bet that will make life easier. Sounds like she's powering along. I know that having full cream milk in my fridge when Charlie goes on it will be such a temptation. I usually have skim, but the odd time I have full cream I LOVE it. If I could I'd have extra creamy. Mmmm...

Big news... Charlie slept from SEVEN to SEVEN last night! We usually put him to bed around 6.30, and he normally wakes up anywhere between 4.30 and 6 for a drink. I always put him back to bed, but this morning he slept straight through! I hope this is a sign of things to come, although I'm not holding my breath. Actually, while I remember, one weird thing he has started to do is put his fingers so far down his throat that he gags - do any other bubs do this? How do you stop it?

We're going to my brother's girlfriend's 21st tonight. Although, by the end of the night she will be my almost sister-in law! He's proposing to her in front of everyone at the party. It's all very exciting! Will let you know how it goes.

One last thing (before I stop this epic post!)... could you guys please give me some ideas for snacks? Charlie's usual food routine is as follows...

Fruit for brekkie (apples/pears...)
    Rusks (homemade) for snacks
    Avocado or banana on toast for lunch
    Veggies and minced meat for dinner

Any ideas? I had also been giving him sultanas to snack on, but I want to try and limit his sugar intake... the child of a friend of mine had to get two teeth completely removed and some other major dental work done when she was four, so I'm a bit paranoid about giving Charlie too much sugar.

Anyway, sorry for the big post! Hope you're all well.

*Yvette* Guest

Hi Marisa

Christy, toddler gym sounds great. Would love to find something like that here for Angus. Gorgeous new pics, the grass one is my favourite. Hope your neck feels better soon. Hope new doctor works out, sounds good so far, & good luck with Matilda’s teeth.

Hi Kelly. Yay, a tooth! Fancy getting a top one first, that’s a bit special. Anyone else had a top one first? Angus has just started climbing too, it’s more scary than the walking. He gets on the couch and leans over the back of it. Btw, Asha is on our names shortlist (shh, it’s top secret).

Hi Kellee. Good luck with the competition, wouldn’t it be lovely. What an achievement to lose 20kg. Yay on Charlie’s new teeth. The choir sounds fun, I used to sing in one too over the other side of town. Will probably look for a new one when my new bubs are settled. Ballgown and kitten heels? Wow, wonder when I’ll be able to wear such things again, lol. How long is your DH going away for? Public proposals sound like a scary idea to me, I wouldn’t want it like that. I suppose he must be pretty confident of the answer. Enjoy the 21st party. Hope you get your tooth issues sorted soon. Yay on the standing, look out, walking not far away. Angus was quite a few weeks from standing to walking I think, hope your DH doesn’t miss it. Got a video? Thanks, I’m feeling fine, but it is getting harder to pick Angus up. Great news on the all night sleep, Angus started going through about that age too. He also did the fingers in mouth gag thing a lot, don’t worry about it, they can only stick them so far in with an arm attached, lol. Snacks? Sounds like you’re feeding really healthy stuff. Does he like cereal – weet bix, porridge? Angus eats a big cereal breaky & snacks on fruit, sandwiches, toast, and lately a few sweet biccies now that he’s a big boy. He loves dried pear too, will suck/chew on a piece of that for ages. Makes a great mess, lol, but what doesn’t. He went through a not eating anything off a spoon stage, but thankfully we’re over that coz he was living on sandwiches.

Hi Lulu. I can well imagine Newstart being less fun, but I also imagine Centrelink’s not a bad place to work, certainly secure! Your birthday same as Angus? Happy birthday luvvy, hope it was lovely. Birth thing ticking along thanks, will be having an appointment with the head of obstetrics himself after my GP rings him on Monday, will keep you posted. Poor Mitchell, hope he feels better soon. Angus on cows milk now, you only really need formula up to 1 year if you’ve stopped bf, but there are toddler formulas if you want them. Angus dropped the bottles when he had the bad cold, so just cows milk in a straw cup now. Babys shouldn’t need formula past 1 if you’re happy with what they’re eating, but if you’re worried about iron etc the formulas cover all that for you. DD bf? So you must have a stepdaughter same age as well as DD?

Thanks Kathryn, will join you in the next thread when I’ve done this post. Thanks Kellee too. It does seem like I just had him, and like I’ve been pregnant for a long time, lol.

Hi Michelle. Only a short time in here with you and Jessica, but we have lots of other places to chat

Hi Bob & welcome. Love the name Isaac.

What a massive post, phew! Well now that I’m all caught up I’ll say bye (but not for long for a lot of you, lol). We gave Angus a push along fisher price toy and another fisher price little ball toy we got on ebay. We have family coming over tomorrow to eat cake and pay an official birthday visit, although Mum has dropped in the last few days as well. DH has popped out now to pick up a cake and a few things. My baby is a year old!

Hey there girls!

WOW... some epics happening LOL!!

Yvette...try the PCYC's near you, thats where our toddler gym is and its only $5 for a 30-45 minutes session, which is short enough not destroy Matilda but wear her out nicely I'll be there in a few weeks to join you in the big kids thread LOL

Kellee... Matilda doesn't snack much...I give her a home made rusk in the arvo with a sipper cup of water. Some mornings if we are out after the first nap of the day she has a cup of milk and a bit of an arrowroot bikkie. Our day is:

brekkie - porridge & fruit or weetbix & fruit
    m/tea - 50mls milk
    lunch - half sandwich, veges & brown rice, yogurt and fruit (HUGE lunch)
    a/tea - homemade rusk & 50ml milk
    Dinner - vege's & rice & fruit if she doesn't eat it for lunch.

I have given her cooked pasta plain for a snack in the arvo with some grated cheese & she loves it. I plonk her down in the high chair and give her some snacks so I can sit & have a coffee break LOL

Well... I worked today and then when I got home DH was laying on the ground groaning & being so "sick" (you know how men are ) so I sent him to bed & took Matilda to the park...they are now both asleep...aww.... peace & quiet! JOY! I'm going to rest soon... Hope you all have a great weekend!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast