Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 9 Months to 12 Months, March '05

mama mel Guest

Thanks for your support guys, glad you all thought the same thing about that nurse

Kathryn, that would've been horrible to know you're stuck without a car with such a sick baby! I hope that doesn't mean anything bad with Lachlan's leg dragging. I wouldn't know if Adara has a problem with that as she refuses to stand most of the time, let alone walk along with me

Katanya - Thanks for your concern & the offer to chat, it's great to know you have support when you need it from someone who's been through similar things. I've got to say, I thought of you and what Felix is going through a lot in the time we were in hospital. Even though I was really worried about her, I kept reminding myself that this was something she'd get over soon and recover fully from. It was so heartbreaking to see all the kids with lukeamia and cancer, it really put things in perspective for me. I found myself crying alot in there for them.

While heart murmers can be a sign of heart disease and ventrical problems, they think hers shouldn't be anything major even though it's quite loud. It's probably a hole in btn the 2 sides of her heart that blood leaks through, making a noise as it pumps that she's had since birth but we won't know anything for sure until she goes back and has a cardiogram as an outpatient. Hopefully the only impact it'll have on her life is that she'll need to take a course of antibiotics before she has any dental work done. Of course, there are a lot of worst-case scenarios that it could be but, like you, I'm not going to worry unless they tell me for sure, especially since she's been fine until now.

I really hope you can get some answers at the dietician this morning

Christy - OMG how scary for you! That's so horrible they can just get rid of him like that! I really hope you guys can find something good and permanent soon.. :luck:

Anyway, I can't delay going in and fixing the war zone we call a house any longer! I'll try to come back later tonight to catch up...

Mel I forgot to mention, I've mentioned it to katanya before but I was born with a heart murmur and I really haven't had any problems with it and it dissappeared in my teens. Saying that I read about the dental thing and thats right I had dental work when I was 10 and had some complications after that with my heart, now I take ab's even though there is nothing wrong with my heart anymore, more because of paranoia on my part

HI Girls

Mel- what a terrible thing to go through, what hospital were you at? Grrr to the mean nurse and the inconsiderate lady next to you. I hope things work out well and you know soon what you are dealing with in regard to Adara's heart murmer. Sick kids are a very difficult thing to deal with thats for sure.

Christy- hope your DH finds something very quickly, and bummer on the lack of payout. It woould be cool to work at the Australia Zoo though LOL at CRIKEY! too.

Kathryn-- is the bday party a huge one? Where are you having it?

Katanya- hope all goes well with the drs today and Felix. ANd hope the house is starting to look more homely.

Anyway, it is curriculum day, I am at the end of my rope with just about everything. I have Jemma screaming, Josh refusing to brush his teeth, Jordan annoying me and now Jessica has woken up. I feel like I am about to explode. I am really starting to think I am depressed and don't really know what to do about it. I have been unwell since OCT and stressing that there is something seriously wrong with me and nothing changes in that way regardless of what I eat/drink/not smoking!

I am going to take the kids to Wallan to buy shoes for everybody as Jordan is going on camp and the other 2 need runners, Jemma's don't fit and Josh's are falling apart.

I will try to get back soon.

Cheers Michelle

Hi Michelle

We are having a BBQ lunch at home the Sunday prior to Lachlan's birthday. Lachlan was born on my nephews birthday and my nephew will be turning 10 but unsure yet if he is having a party or not. I don't speak to my SIL that often so I hope we don't clash LOL, ahh well too bad if we do. I have 34 guests on my list inc us 4, so 30 ppl actually invited. That was more than I had with Kameron's 1st LOL.

Love

That sounds nice Kathryn. Jemma's first bday party had more than 100 people and Jessica's will be the same. Our prob is Arron's mum is one of 10 so there are so many cousins and now that they have partners and kids it's really hard. It is my cousin's bday on the same day as jessica's but we shouldn't have probs as she is 20, and next yr when she's 21 we won't have a party for Jessica. My kids get a big 1st and then maybe a 5th and after that it is teenage bdays that will be big.

Jemmas bday last yr cost us over $300 so it isn't something you want to do every year. But the closest family members always come on the day of the bday to visit so they still sort of get a party.

Hope it goes well, wish we could get away with that many!
    Cheers Michelle

OMG @ 100 michelle. I would totally freak out if I had to invite that many.. didn't even have that many when I got married LMAO. Our is only 34 cause I am inviting 3 girls and their famies from the SA Forum that makes an extra 7 that wouldn't have previously been there.

Love

That is my dream party Kathryn. We had our joint 30th party last November and had about 120+. Very stressful, and I won't do it again, not here anyway. We may have our 40th at a restaurant I think, everyone pays for their meals in lieu of presents sounds good to me.

Cheers Michelle

My first birthday went for three days!! (so I'm told).

Mel - how horrible, a lumbar pucture at such a young age. And you being all tired and preggers.
    Heart murmurs run right through my family. They thought I was the only one to escape it until I hit 16 and a hole in my heart was discovered.
    An atrial-septal defect. You will probably soon be able to catch the lingo! It was pretty large. It was repaired when I was 17, and I have not had a problem since.
    I was home within the week, my scars are still there, but no-one notices unless it is pointed out. This was a long time ago, but thanks to people like Dr Victor Chang, this type of surgery was nearly routine, I'm sure things have changed even more since then!
    If Adara ends up needing surgery, it may be scary for you and the family but she will come out fine. I get a bit teary when I think of how wonderful the Drs, surgeons and nurses were. I'm sorry you had to encounter a crappy atitude at such a tough time, but I'm glad you found your voice.
    If you have any other worries, let me know (or if they talk medical jargon to you I can interpret if you need).

Hang in the Michelle, I hate those days.

Well I am back. The shoe trip went well, except Jordan of course wanted the shoes everyone is wearing. As they were $80 I made her give me her bday money toward them, so they actually cost me $50, and Jem and Josh's shoes were $19 and $20. Of course a chemist stop for excema stuff and a supermarket stop came to another $100 and it didn't look like there was much for my money.

Arron is down the pub seing his mates and the kids are all in bed, thank god, cos I have them all day alone again tomorrow, as he is playing a footy practice match. So it means I have to drag all 4 to the Linen party I've been invited to, Lorraine Lea linen is very nice and great quality but sooo expensive.

I went to a jewelery party the other night and brought myself a mother's day present, a bracelet with a filigree padlock, reduced from $340 to $210, it is very nice. Arron whinged about the $210 though, as I guess he wouldn't really spend that much but I figure he spends prob $200 a month on beer so bad luck, at least I have something to show for it.

I am in the process of updating Jemma's website, I did Jessica's just before xmas, if anyone wants a peek.

Lulu, we had 2 parties for our oldest Jordan for her 1st bday as I was living at mum and dad's and Arron was living at his parents, so rather than burden my family with Arron's family, we had a party at mum's on sat and another at the IL's on the sunday. Poor mite was tuckered out on the MOnday though.

your heart op is an amazing story Lulu, it's just wonderful what modern medicne can do!
    My back is killing me so I am not going to stay here long. I so need an ergonomic chair as my posture oin here is so crap.

Good night all
    Michelle

Hey everyone,

I haven't had much time to be on the net lately just busy with everyday things.

Christy: Matilda sounds like Shayla she started walking every now and then when she was around 9 months and now walks everywhere, only crawls when she is tired.

Mel: I hope things pick up for you soon and that things aren't too serious

We are starting to organise things for Shayla's 1st birthday at the moment the guest list is at 40 people. We are going to have an afternoon thing at the local park as there will be a quite a few children older than Shayla, so there will be a playground for them. We also wont have to tidy up afterwards, which is an added bonus. I am actually getting quite excited about it even though there is over a month to go. Mind you the past year has gone way too quickly.

I hope everyone else is well and has a lovely weekend.

Well girls I am down to my last few weeks in this forum Lachlan is 11mths old today

Love

I haven't even thought about Asha's first birthday! None of my family will be here for it (which makes me very sad!) but they will be here in July so we may have 2 parties for her.

I am tempted to just go and see Ryan's parents on her actual birthday and put off the party until my parents are here. She will be none the wiser and I am sure the guests will be okay with it. Woudl you guys understand if someone did that to you?

Asha is teething something shocking atm ... she has a temp and is grumpy and grizzly! She is also biting down hard on everything, including my fingers, and won't let me touch her gums. The brief time I did get to feel them and they felt swollen and rock hard ... so I don't think teeth are too far off. She has started to pull herself up on the furniture but then cries because she hasn't worked out how to get back to the floor again yet LOL ... it is funny to see her crying then as soon as you help her sit she stops!!! I am spending this weekend (we have a long weekend here) tidying the house and cleaning the floors and getting rid of all the crap! So we can make this house Asha friendly. I have told Emma and Jack that when Asha is awake and on the floor they need to keep their bedroom doors closed! Saves me having to clean them every other minute!!!

Kathryn - that has gone so quick! It scares me that Asha is almost 3/4's of the way there!

Michelle - I know what you mean about the shoes! Emma is getting the same way although I am still teaching her that she can have the latest of everything without paying through the nose for it. Thank God for Best and Less, Spendless shoes and all the other places like that!!! She is very good at making her money stretch! I am hoping that she will be like this her whole life and doesnt get caught up in the world of only the best will do!!!

Mel - Sorry to hear about the problems you had at the hospital. I have come across my fair share of revolting Nurses in my time spent at hospitals with Emma and Jack. Jack has been in more for day surgery than anything else ... more grommets than I care to remember and surgery to pin his broken thumb! He was also in hospital when he was a baby with bronchiolitis (nearly missed his own Christening!!!). Emma has had fewer stays in hospital (once to have her tonsils and adnoids out!) but still been plenty of times. She has had the needle in the bladder before but I couldn't go in with her but I heard it all from outside the room and cried like I have never cried before. Emma has had lots of tests that have made me cringe, she had renal reflux for the first 2 years of her life so she had all sorts of tests done. Never a lumbar punture though .... I hope they find some answers soon. Have they ruled out UTI or renal reflux?

Christy - Sorry to hear about DH's job ... that so sucks they can just say good bye without a payout!!! Grrr @ them. I am sure you guys will fall on your feet and maybe both part time is the way to go ... then you can both share the joys of seeing Matilda learn new things (like screeching LOL). Asha still screeches but the other two laugh at her, which she likes, so she does it more when they are home!!! Hope you are both feeling better now.

Katanya - Hope you are all settled in your new house! Has Felix coped with the move well? I hope you are all feeling better now too. Sorry to hear about Felix wieght gain being so low ... especially because it was the same with b/feeding. Maybe he has a high metabolism?? I hope they find some answers soon.

Clare - I so hear you on the real life stuff ... it has been like that here too ... not much rest in sight either. Next weekend I am off on a weekend PD for work! We are off the some s****y place in the Swan Valley ... unfortunately I don't think the content will be too enjoyable!!!!

Better go ... plenty of thigns to do!

Cheers

Oh Kathryn, the countdown begins. It is so sad, but at the same time so exciting, you don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Kelly I think that putting the party off is fine, it's not like the other half won't see her at all. poor Asha and her teeth, hope they settle soon.

Hi Wonderwoman I look forward to chatting more with you.

Well my stupid DH said he'd be an hour and a half at the pub and wouldn't you know that he left at 9pm and when I called him at 12.30pm, he was still at the pub. He actually turned up home at 3am, to which I said many expletives that I won't post. He ended up in the back of a divvy van for an hr as he was trying to stop a fight so the police chucked him in the van.
    Get this though, he is so der, at 3am he asks me do I want to have sex with him,(I'm sure he has no brains). Well this morning he felt crap, which I was glad of, and I told him not to make excuses for ****, if he had come home when he was meant to then none of it would have happened and that he should grow up, he's 30 and has 4 kids and should be here not hanging around with 20 yrs old who are off their heads. Life around here is pretty yuck at the moment.

Anyway gonna go and do something before this party
    Cheers Michelle

Fair enough Michelle I would have said the same thing to my DH....

Well just got home from work & DH has the rest of our day planned, so off to run around... I hope you all have a great weekend!

Hiya Girls!

Mel - what an ordeal for you guys!! I can't believe the way that nurse treated you either. Huge to both you an Adara. Hang in there, I will [-o< they find some answers soon, and that there is nothing to worry about in the end.

Michelle - GRRRR @ your DH... mine has gone through a few phases like that too (though he is one of the young-un 22yr olds himself!) I HATE it when they say they'll be home by a certain time, and you have to add about 6 hours onto it... :mad:

Kelly - I hope Asha pops some teeth through quickly... poor little mite!

I'm going to start planning for Aidyn's party soon as well. Not sure if I should have a giant one in the park, with my family, DP's family, and friends all together... or maybe I should seperate them into 3 seperate parties/dinners. My parents and DP's parents haven't met each other yet... LOL... not sure that I'm too keen on the idea of them meeting either - they are soooo different!!

Matilda did her first squat without holding onto anything... started standing and then squatted down and stood back up, without holding onto anything!

awww what a clever girl Matilda !!! Lachlan has been so bloody grizzly today. Maybe he doesn't want to turn 11mths old LOL.

Love

Woo Hoo for Matilda Christy, she is moving so fast, look out world cos here she comes.

Ambah- what would be easier for Aidyns party? Maybe it's a good time for the parents to meet as it is an event close to both sides and they would be on their best behaviour (maybe!) My IL's are painful and very different but I am surprised how my parents get along, they don't get as annoyed with them as I do as they don't have to see them often.

Just got back from the linen party. The kids were really well behaved and everybody loved Jemma and Jessica. Jemma even remembered to tell me twice that she needed to go to the toilet. However Jemma didn't get a sleep and has crashed on the floor next to me, dead to the world. She looks like an angel! I brought 1 fitted sheet for $55, but people I know have had the sheets for 10yrs and they don't pill, thin or anything else, so in that case the money would be worth it.

We are going out for tea with mum and dad to the chinese, which I really couldn't be bothered doing but too late as Arron organised it, he just didn't want to be alone with me as he knows I am really ****ed off.

Talk again soon
    Michelle

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast