Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 9 Months to 12 Months, March '05

Hi girls,
    Got home from Mums at about 6 to an empty hiouse as Arron is at footy training. Fed the kids their fav- spah in a tin, and had a piece of carrot cake myself, great dinner.

Jess has a slight temp,prob just teeth although I can't feel any.

Welcome Pee- hope we see more of you in this forum. What's kept you a stranger?

Welcome too Spiddles, who must be flat out working as well, haven't heard from you for ages either.

Katanya- it never rains but it pours for you, the dairy thing is another hurdle, but that cuts out stuff like yoghurt too doesn't it? Don't worry the mess today was at Mum's my house is reasonable, although I still have cleaning up to do to get it to the satisfaction of my gestapo husband, who I refuse to listen to anymore. I am not a machine and I have to do things other than clean the house so he can go jump.

Oh well best go and bath everybody and start winding them down for bed.

see ya

Lachlan has red hot cheeks tonight too, so I too am hoping it is just teeth although I can't feel or see any either 8-[

Love

Hi & welcome to the older babies!

I got some great shots of Matilda cruising too...must put them up! Looks like Felix is going so well!!

We went to Australia Zoo today...Matilda did really well...got a great picture of her petting a snake, will update her website soon too

Oh sounds like Matilda was very brave. Can't wait to see some pics, did you go for an interview Christy? How is the job hunting going?

See ya

Hiya girls!!

Welcome to Pee and Spiddles!!! WOW does time fly... I can't believe your little boys are 6 months already!! :shock:

Christy - I can't wait to see those pics!! Hey are you coming to playgroup on Thurs? Hopefully I can make it this week, tho I haven't spoken to Mara yet... I'm hanging out so bad to go, and poor Aidyn is too, LOL!

Clare - best of luck with your new job!! I hope Shayla enjoys the time with her Granda too!

Yikes Michelle! Sounds like every day for you is a crazy one... I totally admire you for being able to manage 5 kids (including your DH, LOL )

Katanya - I will respond to your other post about Felix, but just quickly, have you seen the fruit & cereal jars you can get? I was checking out the ingredients today cause I bought Aidyn some, and there doesn't seem to be any dairy in them... so maybe that is another option for you? You can get Apple & banana cereal, apple and blueberry muesli, etc, and I think they have a fair few kj's.
    BTW, those are gorgeous piccies of Felix, what a photogenic little boy!

Just wondering if anyone else out there is having problems with solids... Or maybe I have unrealistic expectations? I want Aidyn to eat a variety of foods... but pretty much the only thing I can gaurantee he will gobble down is his yoghurt. He usually only eats half a 200ml jar for dinner. He rarely eats more than a few spoonfuls of weetbix for brekkie either. He also will only occasionally eat bread with vegemite or cottage cheese... I'm finding it pretty frustrating as he refuses his food, and it all goes to waste, but an hour later he is starving and only wants his bottle... :-k Has anyone else gone through anything like this?

Apart from that not much else happening.... Aidyn is becoming a mad bookworm. I am literally reading him between 20-30 books a day! He starts bawling every time I stop reading and put him down, and he will crawl up to me slidling his books along with him... so cute!
    I had to go out and buy more today as I am sick of reading the same ones over and over. His favourite atm is The Very Hungry Caterpiller - such a classic!

katanya Guest

Ambah Thanks for tip on the fruit jars I'll have alook, I'm hoping the naturopath will say i can give him soy yogurt instead she'll tell me tomorrow.

A tip with the books (wow that is SO many..he'll be reading at 3!!) I borrowed some from the libuary, they have quite a few board ones, and it's great because it gives me new things to read him! He too LOVES books, we read every night before bed, and during the day before naps.

Oh I forgot to say before he now is now waving and saying Bah bah!! It's TOO cute!

Hehehe katanya... I would borrow books from the library... thats if I didnt have $80 worth of overdue fees due to a David Eddings obsession I had many years ago, LOL!
    I don't mind collecting them anyway, cause he will be interested in these ones for a couple of years at least anyway, and I know my next kid will get lots of enjoyment out of them too!
    I'm really pleased that he likes reading so much (I was such a bookworm as a kid too) as it shows that he is able to concentrate quite easily, so hopefully he shouldnt find school etc too hard.

How wonderful that Felix is waving now too!!

Ambah, maybe we could do a book swap too?? I have heaps and heaps because I go to every lifeline book fair on Australia day and there's one in may/june too? I always pick up a few bags of books for $5 a bag.... I'll bring some to playgroup tomorrow

Thanks Michelle for asking about the job, I didn't go for an interview, but just to check the place out & have a family day. It wasn't entirely what I expected, it was so big! But was good because I did chat with the HR person who said they are building a hospital at the moment which isn't entirely staffed yet, so they will hopefully start interviewing in the next month...

Kathryn, how's Lachlan?? I hope it was his teeth too!

Matilda woke up with green stuff coming out her nose, but she was really happy and it dried up right away and nothing more has happened.... no fever, nothing... oh well...we'll put that one down to "day care nose"...

Katanya...Matilda LOVES those fruit & cereal jars...we haven't used dairy with her yet either because I am intolerant and we thought we'd wait a while for her. I use weetbix with formula (maybe EBM?) and fruit every morning... she has her banana in either weetbix & formula or porridge with formula... I haven't given her any yogurt yet either...I did try some but she vomitted it up, so I stopped it and will try later.

ok enough epic posting, I hope to have the piccy's done in the next two days....

Hi Girls

Lachlan was a bit grizzly at playgroup but he was tired, and fell asleep in his pusher coming home, and went straight to bed when he got home. So will see how he goes.

Kam doesn't seem to be himself either, so I hope they aren't getting colds again LOL.

Andrew also just popped home, he did his back in at work, so had just come from the work clinic, he is on light duties now. It was really weird cause at 8.45am Kameron was at our bedroom window which was open screaming "DADDY" something he has never done before I said to Andrew what time did you hurt your back, and he said around quarter to nine !! :-s

Ambah that is great that Aidyn is loving books. Lachlan picks them up and looks at them but he doesn't want to sit on your lap in order to read them too you, and Kameron goes thru spouts of wanting books read.

Anyway will go find something to do with my day I guess.

Love

Katanya - loved the pics, Felix is luuurverly MWAH!

Ambah - on the solids thing, I'm pretty sure we're not supposed to worry too much at this stage as they get all the nutrition from the bottles. Just introducing foods at this point. Don't forget he had a sore tummy, this still may be getting better. Mitchell is very on and off too. The moment I decide to prepare half a bowl for him, he yells for three, and the other way around.
    I made up a huge lot of vegies and stuck them in the ol' ice cube trays so there isn't as much wastage.
    I'm still getting used to the fact that a quiet house is NOT good now, if DS is awake! Found him cheerfully throwing the dog bikkies around when I was 2 feet away. YAY.

It's mental around here poor DPs knee has gotten so bad he is up all night with the pain (and baby - not sleeping again). He can barely lift Mitchell. This bloody arthroscope better happen soon.
    I've got so much work on, dogs barking their heads off, 1hr phone calls from the MIL, cranky baby. I'd better go actually - some **** stole my mobile and I am still trying to arrange another - the list goes on....

Hi to the new faces!!

Lulu - I guess the thing that is worrying me is that by 12 months he is supposed to be off formula and only having 2 bottles of milk a day or something? That is in less then 2 months time and it just seems like a big step from where we are at atm. I will probably end up buying him the Toddler Gold formula just so I know he is getting some nurtrients in case he is still really fussy by then.
    Today has gone alright... so far he has had just under half a weetbix, a tub of yoghurt, and a small jar of apple &bluberry cereal, and only one bottle, so it has been a much better day than most.
    That is awful that someone stole your phone!! :mad: Did they just take it from your handbag or something?
    And your poor DP ... is he able to take painkillers or something for his knee??

Oh no Kat, that is horrible that Andrew hurt his back!!
    How strange for Kam to be screaming his name like that at the same time too??....

Christy - thats cool that you got to chat to someone and get some inside info. I will that you get called in for an interveiw!!
    I will try to remember to bring a few books tomorrow then as well, thats a great idea!

mooshie Guest

hi there everyone

just popping in to say i will be over next week as lani turns 6mths next tuesday. have been keeping up to date on everyone's progress and look forward to chatting soon.

just a quick note on felix's dairy problem kat, my ds was diagnosed with a dairy allergy at around 9mths - he had soy products and i find that there is more and more around - he drinks soy life milk (still does) although he is no longer allergic to dairy (as far as the last allergy test went) he still drinks his soy milk but has normal cheese, yoghurt, custards etc. you can get a hole range of soy products now = hopefully felix will be ok on soy will make it a bit easier - and as mentioned quite a few of the heinz products are dairy free - i am a bit of an expert at reading labels etc as ds also has a nut allergy which he has not grown out of - only got worse.

sorry this was meant to be a quick post but sometimes it is just so nice to chat like a grownup hehehe and not answer a nearly 5yr old constant questions lol.

see you guys soon

Oh Ambah you funny thing! Two months is AGES for a baby, 2mnths ago Mitchell was just sitting up, now he's zooming around, what about Aidyn? He is rapidly developing by the looks of it. Plenty of time!! You're such a good mummy, Aidyn has nothing to worry about. At least you know the Toddler Gold is there if you might need it.
    Oh and one of the STUDENTS at my daughters school ripped it right from under my nose. I was sitting on a bench waiting for one of the mums, it must have slipped off my belt. I stood up, took 6 steps away and it was gone. Little @#^^$&%. It has been such an inconvenience, I'm getting my business off the ground so the timing couldn't have been worse.
    Kathryn, some intense connection b/ween father and son?

Hi girls

Lulu-what a bummer on the phone, you obviously don't know the kid who took it, is there any chance it will be handed in? It is a real inconvenience for you too.

Ambah- I too wouldn't worry too much just yet, even after one they can be really fussy, but you just need to offer a variety and hopefully they will find things they like and that are good for them. As for the milk, as Lulu said, that option is there too.

I have so forgotton everything that everyone said- I am really tired and a little annoyed as Arron has been smoking for the last couple of days, and goes outside comes back in reeking like cigarette and wants me to kiss him and ****. How can he not get that smelling it and knowing he has them makes it really hard for me. especially since I have not worn a patch today at all, or yesterday either. I know you are supposed to keep using the patches for about 12 weeks, but I have felt fine for the last 2 days but edgy today cos of him.

Jessica is not 100%, she has a temp still, and has barely drank a full bottle today, so bad in fact that I have kept offering every hour or 2 as she was drinking nothing. I have to book her in for 6 mth injections so I hope she is better before then, cos that will be next week.

I will try to do more personals tomorrow.

Cheers Michelle

ok I've just updated Matilda's site.... so fun to do!

I went into work tonight for puppy preschool and one of the nurses burnt himself really badly and had to go to hospital so now I have to work tomorrow.... bummer.... I really wanted to go to playgroup, but I can really afford to turn away work atm... oh well....I'm trying to convince DH to go...LMAO! He would have a blast.

Anyway...I won't be around tomorrow until the late arvo as there is no computer for me to sneak onto...LOL

I hope you all have a great day!

BTW... we're going up the coast this weekend again, to the beach for a weekend...back for two days for me to work again and then down to Byron for two days...YAY!!! I love it and DH has interviews on Friday and Monday so we'll be here those days...it works out really well actually... my extra work will pay for our accomadation

Awww Michelle... You hang in there girl, you're doing so well! Its SO hard isn't it... I mean the quitting on its own is hard enough, but to have your DH smoking around you and smelling of it... it must be awful!
    I went through the same with Jackson when I had to quit when i was pg... he was even smoking indoors when I was there - like how STUPID is that! Anyway he has only just quit about 5 weeks ago... he went on patches for 2 weeks, then cold turkey. He has done so well, I am really proud... It did take him a few tries though!
    I hope Jessica drank a bit more tonight and is feeling better really soon too, poor little mite!

Christy - I LOVE Matilda's new car!! We are planning to get Aidyn one of those for his 1st birthday. How much did that one cost? I havent really gone looking yet, but should do soon. And what an AWESOME shot of Matilda touching the snake! It is gorgeous!!!
    Have a great time at the beach! (I am sooo jealous! LOL)

LOL Lulu! Thanks for putting it into perspective for me... When I think about it you are SO right, 2 months is a very long time for a baby!
    Thats a real shame about the phone being stolen... how old are those kids? Can you get the Principal to ask questions about it?

Hiya Mooshie, looking forward to chatting to you in here!

Pietta Guest

Holy Moly you gals chat!!

WHat a pain about your phone!! I cantbelieve one of the students took it. I can only begin to understand how frustrating it must be!

I hope the green stuff is all clear now for Matilda! I have yet to see day-care nose!! I love her photos. It is great watching all these babies grow up when i remember them all being late!! hehehe Have fun on your lil holiday

I hope Jessica is feeling better soon Michelle- poor little chicken. It's horrible when they arent well.

Welcome Spiddles!! where ever you are!!!

Lol Ambah at 2 months!! In 2 months Ryley has started sitting up almost- eating solids- talking and cutting two teeth so I think you have PLENTY of time. Like Lulu said- your a good Mum he'll be fine!!

Katanya- I hope that all works out with Felix's eating. I have no advice at all to give you coz I have been blessed with a boofer who loves everything. I was looking at your Chrissie pics before and he has grown sooo much. (love DH's hair btw!)

Well Ryley is almost sitting up now!! He is such a clever cookie. I havent even been prompting him- he just sits with one arm balancing him. I really sometimes take for granted how lucky DH and I are with him.
    He has two little bottom teeth now- awe he is so adorable.

Not much else to share except it is quite hard juggling a Baby, House, Beauty therapy course and full time uni!! Plus having some Mum time too!!

Hope everyone is well

Yep Pee you are right about the busy thing, there is so much stuff and not enough day, well there is if you don't sleep LOL And Pee Jessica sat up 4 days bf she was 6 months and then 4 days after started commando crawling, allthis from a bub who doesn't even weigh 7kgs at 6 months. She's a bugger!

Jessica still had a temp this morning, but it comes and goes, she drank 120mls for her 2nd bottle and wouldn't eat bfast cereal this morning, the nose is ok, but the gums are really swollen. About to give her another bottle, hope she drinks more this time.

No time for personals, will get back later maybe
    CHeers Michelle

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast