Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 9 Months to 12 Months, March '05

We aren't entirely sure why she didn't sleep...we've slept over other places before with her and this one was darker and quieter... we brought all her sleeping props including her cd player and her music we use at home. But she did have a fever again Friday night :-k

She's slept really well since being home, but she doesn't have a fever either, so who knows...

Not long now and Shayla & I will be graduating to the next forum. Doesn't time fly??!!

Shayla has been enjoying her time with her Granda while I am working. The long days and everything aren't bothering me as much as I thought they would. I'm not really tired, just bored. This job is quite boring.

I think Shayla may be getting a few more teeth as she is getting a bit croaky and last time she did she got 2 teeth. Her top froont teeth are so big now, she is starting to look like a rabbit

We went with a group of friends to the Norwood Food and Wine Festival on Sunday which was quite nice. I lathered Shayla in sunscreen, lathered Trent's head in sunscreen (he had his head shaved on Friday for shave for a cure). I forgot my sholders so they are quite sore with sunburn.

Sunday night I fell asleep on the couch while Trent and his mate played on the computer while 'watching' Shayla. I was woken by her crying, so I called out to Trent to bring her to me and he yelled back at me but I didn't hear what he said so I told him again to bring her to me. He came bolting out of the computer room saying that she wasn't with him, he thought she was with me. We looked up the stairs and there she was STANDING on the edge of the top step looking down. She can't climb down and obviously didn't know what to do. They are quite steep so I am glad that she didn't attempt to climb down.
    We do have a gate but Shayla broke it by standing on it and bouncing, Trent has fixed it now though (thank goodness).

Looking at the situation now it was funny and at the time when Shayla was back downstairs she thought it was funny to but geeze, my heart was in my throat for second there.

Well I best pretend to look like I am doing some work.

Hope everyone else is well.

Clare

OMG Clare, my heart was in my throat too!!! It's such a whole new world when they get mobile, I'm always on edge now Mitchell is crawling - I just can't believe the things he gets into even when I am in the same room (apparently watching him).

Today is driving me nuts. My email has been broken and stupid for ages, I have finally fixed the stupid thing. My new phone arrived today but they haven't sent the bloody sim card. So I have been completely off the air and it has been affecting my business badly dammit!!!!

It seems Mitchell has 3 teeth coming down now, so we have an explanation of the past 3 weeks lack of sleep. He has been pretty good last 2 nights and it has saved my sanity!!!

Better get back to my crap day.

Lulu

awww I hope your day gets better Lulu!!

oh Clare how scary!! Our holiday apartment had stairs & Matilda loved climbing them and I was so petrified of her falling I would stay behind her & let her climb up, bring her down & let her climb up again... she had so much fun on them!!!

Me too Clare.

3 weeks today and I am outta here I don't want my baby growing up.

Love

oh Kathryn I know you'll visit, but I'll miss you O

PS I've just posted a woo hoo at DH's work situation \/

Awww Michelle, sorry to see you go, I love having you chat here!! Btw that is just amazing how Jessica sat up on her own like that!! :shock:

Katanya - thanks for the food tip! We have actually been trying something similar, I will give him a rusk, or the lid from his food jar and that tends to keep him pretty occupied.
    The past 2 days have been great as far as Aidyns solids have gone... he has had 3/4 weetbix, a tub of yoghurt, a sandwich, fruit, and a whole jar of dinner... I cannot believe it!! Though I doubt it will last very long, LOL.

OMG Clare, what a scare to have her standing at the top of the steps like that! What a smart little girl though for not trying to come down on her own =D>

Christy - thats a real pity that Matilda didn't sleep very well on your hols...

Aww Lulu, I hope your day turned out better in the end, or that tomorrow does at least!

Kathryn - OMG... just 3 weeks... that is so scary!! Do you have Lachie's party planned yet?

I wonder how much the environment change really does affect them when you sleep in a different place?
    I want to go away with DP for his birthday next month, just for one night, but am not sure if I should bring Aidyn with us, or leave him with my Mum. It would be nice having some time just to ourselves I think, but then it would also be nice having a family outing... but I dont fancy being up all night with aidyn either... hmmm... will have to work that one out.
    Btw, I am thinking of booking a place at Mt Tamborine, so maybe we can drop in a for a quick hello or something, Katanya?

I suspect Aidyn may be cutting 4 teeth at once... I can see the whites for all of them... ouchies... maybe that is why he has been waking up and crying again during the nights.
    He has also stopped his sleep ins, and usually wont go past 7am now... so speaking of, I should really hop off here and get into bed for some shut-eye!

Sorry if I have missed anyone!! 8-[

Hi girls no time for personals Playgroup day.

Ambah - as much as you can plan a BBQ it is planned lol. No theme or anything like that so will basically just all be thrown together those last few days ie organising plates cutlery etc etc.

Love

Last night I had the best sleep ever. Shayla slept through the whole night (she is teething again, so we have had a couple of restless nights) and I had such a deep sleep that I slept through my alarm #-o .

Shayla has a little bit of nappy rash, which she always gets just before the teeth come through. I am hoping her teeth will be there by Monday. For her sake and mine.

Have a good day everyone.

Clare

HI girls,

Wonderwoman I had my heart in my throat too with Shayla and the stairs, men have a great way of watching kids but alls well that ends well.

I am sorry o be gone too, I really enjoyed chatting with you girls, but some of you may still be here when I move in next time.

See ya
    Michelle

Sorry I haven't checked in today yet... Matilda's going well thank goodness, on Sunday her godmother who happens to be a great friend stopped by and saw what a mess I was and stayed, she's a child care worker & just looked after Matilda for me because DH was out & I couldn't figure out what to do to stop her crying & screaming, and she said to me at one point, "you do realise this is a tantrum?" I just stared at her.... oh well if this is a tantrum I think I can handle that Because she was trying to feed Matilda, and Matilda was putting on a bit of a show, not too convincing yet, and then I said I'd have a go & Matilda started slaming her head backwards and flinging her arms and screaming, and thats what usually happens when I take over from DH's feeding because Matilda knows that I just ignore her until she settles & she still has to eat in the end... so the last few days we've been watching her & she's had two tantrums.... unfortunately for her I just laugh at her because its so silly what she's getting worked up about, and once during the tantrum she saw me laughing and just started laughing too and thats how it stopped. So it looks like we might be in for a hard slog, but as long as I continue to recognise when she means it and when she's being cranky its good. I always still give her a cuddle in the end, but I have a hard time sometimes figuring out when to get worried iykwim? because she's also been a bit refluxy lately I have to think what is pain and what isn't....and thats hard because I beat myself up if its pain, I hate to see her like that...

oh well...tomorrow she's officially 9 months! YAY....

WOW quiet in here?

How are you all going?? Matilda had playgroup today and decided that she would be clingy...all of a sudden 8-[ now she's always been the most independant baby, never looks back sort of thing... and I don't know what to do with a clingy baby. I just give her a cuddle and tell her I love her and then put her down. She screams & DH will pick her up and start playing a game with her and she forgets all about me, unless I say something or she see's me...then it starts all over again :-s I have no idea how to react to her. I want to reassure her that I love her, but I don't want to encourage the screaming behaviour either....

Default Can I join this group please

Hi
    My little boy is 9 months today. Would love to join this group!

Of course you can join we'd love to have you here!! We've been a bit quiet lately, got a few that close to the year mark and I think Matilda was always the youngest here

LOL Christy ... nope she is not the youngest ... Asha is by a day!!!!

Wow 9 months has slipped by so quickly!!!

BBL to post as Asha wants her lunch and she wants it NOW!!!

Cheers

LOL thats right a day later

Hi ladies, been extra busy this week but I seem to have fixed most of the stupid annoying problems I've been having. So called technology.
    Aah Matilda - tanty time!! Mitchell can be a classic too, in fact he has been a tanty thrower for ages Sometimes he is just plain bad tempered - I noticed in the early days he could be easily overwhelmed, but I put that down to lack of sleep. Nearly everytime he wakes from a sleep night or day he hits the bedroom doorjamb on the way out like it has done something wrong!

I thought the tanty thing came up when they were a bit older - seems not. I just try to keep my voice even and distract him. It's the only time I'm glad we have 3 dogs and a cat cos they have been coming in handy lately......

Got a working bee at the playgroup today and tomorrow, I hope people turn up - we have so much to do.

Hi Marisa - look forward to talking to you

katanya Guest

Welcome Marisa Man, hope to hear more about you and your family!

Well haven't been in here as much as I usually am, am just so busy that it's not happening! Not to mention DP getting sick and needing to go to the hospital too, not sure what is in my stars ATM but I am certainly having a hard time keeping my boys healthy !

Not much to report, Felix seems to be eating better, I am using the EBM with polyjoule with meals and when ever I can get it in! No idea whether it's working but I guess it isn't going to hurt!

Tanties? Yep Felix can throw them too, but usually when tired..he usually throws a wobbly to get out of his high chair, and because I don't want to make him hate food more than he does already I let him out!

Interesting that Matilda gets sepaartion anxiety now, but they do say that it's worst at 9 mths..she'll get over it as much as she is going through it now, Felix is nearly over it already, he is okay now with hanging out other people, unless he wants me for a feed or something (or he's tired)

Hope no-one finds my ticker offensive, just need to give myself some affirmations to keep my spirits up with the expressing!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast