Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 9 Months - 12 Months, May '05

yay Kellee!! Welcome to you and Charlie!! (again!) I remember we were in the same group for a short while before... its good to have you in here

We are on holidays atm...but in our room is our friends computer and before turning it off, I can't help myself LOL...

Kellee Guest

Could you please add my details?

Forum Name: Kellee
    State: QLD - Brisbane
    Baby's DOB: 12.08.04
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Charles (Charlie)
    Baby's Website: I'm not clever enough to make one!
    Health Concerns: Tracheomalatia (I'm told he will grow out of it, but when he gets colds it's not much fun), eczema in extreme heat or cold
    Notes: Turning into a little boy faster than I would like! Crawling, walking around furniture, being cute, sleeping through!

Thanks heaps.

HEELLLLOOOOOO out there - where is everyone?

Poor Mitchell copped the gastro last week, but he is still fighting it now. He is not chucking, just the runs. His poor botty is so raw, but has improved considerably since we changed him to goats milk. It's just tiring for him poor petal. We are changing a dirty nappy about 8 times a day. I was starting to worry, so have sent off a poop sample. I'm hoping it's not Giardia virus, I've heard a lot of people in Sydney really suffered long term effects. Anyone have a similar story??

2nd meet up of BB Vic members last week, it was a blast, I think Yvette has some photos somewhere.

Gotta go, trying to put him to bed now.

Hugs to all.......

Hi guys we are back from holidays! Things went okay, Matilda went crazy though... I guess an already difficult to settle baby isn't going to get much better are they? LMAO... the plane was interesting & loud LOL and the nights were pretty bad. She slept okay from 7.30pm until 2am and then we were up & down the rest of the night.... #-o not much sleep at all.

Other than that its great to be home!

Wow you girls are quiet in here lately

Welcome Kellee to the forum as from tomorrow. !!!!

Love

Kellee Guest

Thanks - it won't be quiet when I'm in here... just ask the 6-9 month girls! Looking forward to it.

echo echo echo LOL

YAY Kellee it will be good for us to get chatting again around here. I think once they really start moving quickly around, it gets harder to check the computer Now...what's my excuse for being on here all the time :-k

See I told ya, you go quiet as they get closer to being 1

Love

Urgh.....anyone have valium for toddlers??? LMAO

I think someone has secretly snuck in and put Matilda's switch from "Naughty" to "Xtreme Naughty" ](*,) We had battle after battle yesterday. She would go to the tupperware drawer (the only one she can open) and empty it out completely, I would take a half hour wiping anything off & putting it back while she would go to the toy area & take out ALL her toys, we were going back & forth until I just decided to leave it all on the ground until she slept. Which she didn't....after an hour & half of trying to settle her as she rolled around screaming with her eyes shut I gave up & let her go again, then I tried to make dinner & we had a 30 minute battle over her not touching the hot oven ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) I don't know how to stop her other than getting cross & saying "No!" to which she laughs. I don't usually condone it but I even smacked her hand a few times, where she laughed at me again...and went straight back!!!

Right now she's tired but not sleeping again, laying in her cot crying & screaming but everytime I try to pick her up she arches her back and screams louder...

So she's not sleeping, not playing regularly and just screaming all the time. Oh! Except for something new too...she's now if not allowed to get her way laying on the ground & crying with tears! I'm used to tantrums & screaming, but the crying thing is just weird.... and she'll do it if her toys are cooperating or anything really.... so all day the last 3 days has been crying, screaming, & no sleeping.... I'm tired!!!

Kellee Guest

Poor Matilda... but is the crying, screaming and not sleeping coming from you or her?! LOL Wow - must be one of those "phases" - don't you hate those? Or maybe it's just her getting used to being home again - we went away at the end of April and Charlie was a shocker for the first few days we were home. He's STILL not sleeping well, but the days are ok. I hope things improve for you both soon.

Anyway, I just thought I'd pop my head in and see how you gals are going. Gee, it's quiet in here, huh? Best be off though - Mum just called and said she's popping around with a friend for lunch. My house looks like a bomb's hit it, and my mother isn't judgemental about the state of the house at all (can you detect the hint of sarcasm in my typing?). Yeah, THANKS for the warning, Mum! *big sigh*

Hope you're all well today and coping with whatever your bubs are throwing at you!

LilG Guest

Hi, please include me

Forum Name: Lil G
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 06/07/2004
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Ethan Thomas
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/littlemanethan
    Health Concerns: None, healthy bubba
    Notes: Ethan is fantasticly healthy, He was a breech bub and was born by C/S 10 months ago now, how time flies.

Looking forward to joining the chat

Gayle

Hi Gayle

Welcome to BellyBelly. Great to have you with us. !!

Love

Gayle, welcome! Your lil boys super cute And I love your captions on his site.. lol

K

Hi Gayle!! Welcome!! He's a cute boy! Very photogenic

Well we are having a doozy again, I went to work & Matilda fell asleep around 1pm and just woke up ](*,) DH said he had a few hours of screaming and he's exhausted, going for a lay down now.... at least he gets to experience it as well...

*Yvette* Guest

Missed the new thread starting (again) so playing catch up here….Maybe it’s quiet because I’m not the only one not getting emails for the thread even when I’m supposed to be watching it? It’s only this thread I have this problem with.

Kelly2202- yay the veggie pieces, we’re there too, but he makes even more mess! Wow, you sure are busy, when do you get to relax and sleep? Sounds like me 8 years ago when I was younger and had more energy….

Christy - hope you lot are all over your illnesses. Lol @ Matilda’s ‘extreme naughtiness’. When DH is cooking we have to imprison Angus in his ‘bouncin’ baby play place’, or we can’t keep him away from the stove. And he loves it when his toys have all been picked up – you can see him head down in the toy basket flinging them over his shoulder. You’re always banging your head on that wall, lol, try some herbal tea instead (& a glass of wine). When Angus is screaming & there’s nothing obvious I can do for him, I just let him go. He comes to me and bangs his head on my lap, and does the throw himself around on the floor thing. It usually means he’s tired (or at the moment sick), but sometimes they’re just ****ty at the world and all you can do is be there.

Lulu – wow it’s amazing how vulnerable we are to negative input with a new baby. 6lb is a good healthy weight. DH, a large bloke as you know, was 5lb at birth, considered a good weight in those days, and I’m hoping for near 5lb with the twins. Attempted child abduction? Where do you work? Poor Mitchell, hope he’s OK. The pics are in the Vic Members Daytime Meet #1 thread, page 6. It was great to meet you (both times)! Hope we see you again soon.

Ambah – happy birthday Aidyn! Woops, I am behind here. Sounds like your party went well, know what you mean about stressing. See you soon in the next thread.

Katanya, happy birthday to Felix too. He’s looking great.

Hi Kellee. Lol @ cleaning for your Mum. Mine pops in unannounced all the time coz we’re on her way home from work, so she just has to step over the mess.

Hi Gayle, welcome.

Copied from my posts on other threads:

Angus has a rotten cold atm & is snotty & has a temp. Got him some Demazin, & it makes him feel much better but a little 'stoned'. He's got to like the taste though, so is taking it easily now. Not much in the nappies the last couple of days, he's not taking all his bottles coz of blocked nose, so trying to get milk & diluted juice in with a straw cup, and he's not eating much. He had some fish last night though, & Lindsay had Chinese & I had Vietnamese, yum! The girls are away with their dads for the weekend, so mummy & daddy might have a 'nap' when Angus does, lol. I went to Lola's Gala Music Night on Thursday night, 2 1/2 hours of sitting on a very uncomfortable seat in the school hall, to see her play about 4 notes on her cello for one song, lol. It was worth it though, I was so impressed with the music programme. There were rock bands, brass bands, choirs, string ensembles and a symphony orchestra. Lola is feeling quite inspired to put the effort into her practice now I think.

I get hassled heaps for being on the pc too much. My plan is to do housework for a couple of hours after breakfast, then do what I want if there's time, then be folding washing or something after school so the kids see me being busy, and I can talk/listen to them. They always want lots of attention after school, and when I'm online it's hard to get my attention. DH feels neglected when I'm on for ages too, and hates it when I read in bed for too long. It's just that when I get into something I like to keep going with it. When I do do housework sometimes I'm at it for ages and he's telling me to slow down! It's all in the timing I reckon. There was this comedian woman (does anyone remember her, she did a Heinz soup commercial) who had 4 or 5 kids - she said they were gonna keep trying til they got one they liked - and she said while the family were out there was no point doing housework coz there was no-one to see it, but as soon as they started walking in the door she would start turning on appliances, washer, vacuume, food processor, so they could all see how hard she was working.

Angus is walking! He took 9 steps on Friday, then yesterday walked all the way accross the kitchen and back. So now he can wave, dance, cuddle, do proper crawiling, and walk. The kid is obviously a genious. He's also a snot machine atm, poor thing has a rotten cold, and now I have it too. I had a great little cleaning spree last night, and was feeling so energetic I wrote myself an ambitious list for today, but now I'm all snotty & miserable & vegging in my dressing gown while DH makes me honey & lemon drinks.

The twins website is updated & now linked in my signature below, check out my big belly! Angus website is still on the www button.

Hi Yvette!!! Good to see you in here Wow Angus just starting walking & you with a new belly!! That would be hard... I have a hard enough time chasing Matilda around on her own now...I couldn't imagine with a belly!

LilG Guest

Default Hi Guys

Hi Everyone, thanks for your lovely comments about our little man. We think he is super cute too, but we are a little biased.

Today was a bit of a bugger, still in my pj's at 12.30 pm the real estate calls wanting to show a prospective buyer through the house in 15 minutes!!! The house was a pig sty!! I managed to put them off 'til tomorrow but that thought was scary!

I hope my signature works, this is only my second post ever on this site.

Keep smiling

Gayle

oh wow at the real estate!!! I'm often still in my PJ's at 12.30.... sometimes I just stay in them all day long

Well...I'm officially tired of working... its so exhausing being on my feet for 8 hours and eating lunch standing up and then going to pick up Matilda from day care and go through the whole 4-7pm business after a long day... I mean its usually tiring without working the time beforehand... and she's always really tired after day care and just gets really cranky. On the plus side though...she does have great sleeps on Tuesday :-k
    I have to work Friday this week as well....urgh....

I hope you are all going well...just realised now that today Matilda has hit 11 months that we better start planning this first birthday business! #-o

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast