Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 9 Months - 12 Months, May '05

Sorry Gayle I tried to edit your post but I was unable too. One of the other mods might do it and pm you in the meantime....sorry!!

We have two sleeping bag suit thingys...one is from BigW and has long sleeves but its lighter weight and will be perfect for our QLD winter... also my mum got one in a baby shop in the US which is great. It doesn't have any sleeves and fits great over PJ's. They are both sized up to 18 months and one she will grow out of well and truely before then, but thats okay... it will be summer by then anyway LOL

Hi Yvette,
    LILG got it right with the web site for the grobags. They are around the $90 dollar mark. Saw them on ebay too the other day. There is heaps of room for them in their pj's and the size I got - 12-18 months looks like it will fit him for alot longer than that. There is heaps of growing room.
    He wears his pj's and socks under them - they are a singlet sleeve type thingo on top and it zips down instead of up. When it gets warmer I will put him in less clothes. But I am relaxed knowing that it is going to be very cold tonight and he wil be warm.

LilG Guest

Hi Guys,

Woo Hoo, Ethan's top front left tooth has broken through, yippee :smt026 , he is such a trooper, he hasn't really complained at all, only when he had the bad nappy rash with it, which has cleared up thankfully. That makes 5 teeth now with number 6 on the way, the other front tooth. I thought he was late in getting his teeth as he didn't start until about 8 months but he is going great guns now.

On another note, Sorry guys, I didn't realise that you couldn't post website links on this site so I stuffed up and I have removed them from my previous post now. I have read the guidelines now. Again, sorry to BB. I also want you guys to know that I am not working for or have any afiliation with the sellers of Grobags etc, I'm not a spammer, please believe me

Gayle

Hi Guys, remember me??

Still having PC probs, I can't seem to let go of it for long enough to take in to be re-thingyed, so have been reading but not posting.!

Mitchell is standing on his own, sleeping pretty well, and very slowy getting an appetite back after 8 weeks of being sick, teeth, gastro etc. I get the snot city thing Yvette!
    all the kids are zooming around now aren't they?? I don't know what to do when Mitch turns one. I'm not sure if we'll be in this (crappy) house or not either, and I don't think I can bear to have people over here.

Marisa - I'm terrrible sorry about your dad - from a certified daddy's girl. I'm petrified about losing mine. He's the world to me, and he buys me the BEST shoes. Don't worry about typing (!) about him all the time, that's how you force yourself to deal with it I think, esp when it's in black and white. we don't mind at all.

I've missed you all, I'm going to have a bit of a ***** and check on the Vic thread, catch up with you in there Yvette!

awww Lulu I hope your computer gets fixed soon!

Well had a few tough days with working more & Matilda's become very precious lately... :-k don't know why. Just all of a sudden. Then yesterday she had a traumatic day at daycare & got bitten now she's super sensitive today, and apparently wouldn't be put down yesterday for the rest of the day had to be held.... poor sausage.

ok...going to have a nap while I have DH here!

*Yvette* Guest

Thanks Gayle & Marisa for the sleeping/gro bags info. Missed the links but we can Google it. All sounds good, will have to get one or the other.

Yay on Ethan's top tooth Gayle.

G'day Lulu. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten you, lol. Glad Mitchell is getting his appetite back.

Angus sleeps without his dummy now! He can't have it because of his blocked nose, and just doesn't seem to be missing it, so we're going to put it away for good! He still has his cold, less snotty (only slightly) but sounding a bit chesty now, and off his food. Lucky his daddy is a nurse. He's having a lovely time with his big sisters at the moment & hasn't gone down for his nap yet. As long as he's happy may as well leave him a bit.

Thats great that Angus is sleeping without his dummy =D> I guess its a lot less painful doing it this way... Matilda is sick atm again with green stuff coming out her nose and she's using the dummy for a minute or two and then spitting it out... :-k Maybe she'll be without it soon...

Bugger, after being great for 2 weeks, it looks like the snot has returned!! Mitchell cried and clung onto me when I left for work yesterday - usually he waves happily, I felt so crap all day. Get even worse when I read the release about the budget at work. I don't want anything to do with these new changes. Just because people need welfare doesn't mean they should be treated like dogs.

Mitchell dropped his dummy about 8 weeks ago, we didn't really even notice it, but I think it had something to do with snot and not breathing. I never thought I'd say I miss the dummy but it makes him look like a liddle baby, and I want him to stay that way!!

*Yvette* Guest

Bugger about the snot fairy returning Christy & Lulu. Angus still running on Demazin here too, & it's turning green (sorry TMI).

Lol Lulu, he's gonna keep growing into a big boy, ya just gotta face it and take lotsa photos.

Sounds like you work at Centrelink, a big part of our lives. We've been finding them really good, but always have to expect they'll send Lindsay off for medicals every couple of years or so. I don't think they'll be able to send him back to part time work unless they want to give me an at home nurse to cope with the consequences, lol.

Only a week til my baby turns 1! Better find him some pressies & start thinking about cake. Mmmmmm, cake!

We're all very quiet today. I guess too much going on at home for everyone!
    Hope you are all well. Catch everyone soon I hope!

Hi girls! We had our first day at toddler gym today, its a 15 minute drive from our house & is only $5, and only 30 minutes long, but Matilda loved it! She ran around & climbed on everything and was running, falling, laughing the whole time, AND she had a big feed when she got home, some quiet play and just slept 2 1/2 hours!!! YAY! (I got an hour of sleep too!) We are definately going back next week!! Wooo hooo!

YAY Christy ... I am glad you found something for Matilda that tires her out! Does she have any teeth yet?

Asha still has no teeth, although I can see them and it looks like we will get all our teeth at once (2 bottom and 3 on top!!!)

Asha stands on her owna nd will squat down and stand up holding on to things and has begun cruising the furniture in ernest but no steps on her own yet. She does however CLIMB!!!! She climbs on to the coffee table and her little yellow chair in her room. I am sure it is because she has learnt how to climb out of the pool with me holding her bottom.

So the sags continues ...still no teeth!!! but muching away on all sorts of yummy food (she had chicken chop suey at day care today).

Better go football training tonight!

Cheers

Kellee Guest

I am still here! But only just... Has been a crazy crazy CRAZY week! And now Charlie is trying to eat the computer cables, so I must be brief.

Sorry to hear that there are so many sick kiddies in here! It's certainly that time of the year for it. I hope that the various remedies kick in and they start feeling better soon.

Toddler gym sounds great, Christy. I will have to find one for Charlie. What's the age that 'they' recommend that bubs start going?

Charlie got another couple of teeth this week. Now he has two top, two bottom and two top eye teeth. He had a couple of traumatic days as a result, but seems happy and contented now. He's also started to sleep better - we went away at the end of April and that really threw his routine out. Now he seems to be sleeping from 6.30-7 pm to 5-6 am, then I feed him and he goes back to sleep for an hour or two. I was all geared up to have a nice long sleep in this morning, but DH went downstairs and opened the noisy screen door before he left, so Charlie woke up. Not happy, Jan!

In other news... and this is something I would NEVER normally do... I entered a makeover competition put on by a local TV show. I've recently lost 20kg and I have NOTHING that fits me anymore. If you win you get $250 new outfit, $150 haircut and $100 makeup! I could really use that at the moment - I don't really know what current fashions suit me. I have commandeered my best friend to do a "Straight Eye for the 20-kilos Lighter Chick" when she has some time off next week. It would be nice to feel my age (24) instead of 50! I'm also still busy busy doing some accompanying work for a girl's choir in Brisbane, so I won't be here much over the next week (again!). DH goes away in a few weeks time, so I'm looking forward to catching up with you ladies properly when I have the evenings to myself.

Anyway, Charlie is really starting to do naughty things like climb on the computer chair, so I'd better go and rescue him! Hope you're all well and that your bubs stay healthy and happy.

Guessed right first time Yvette, now you know where the child abduction thing came into it! I'm only there 2 days a week atm. I used to be in the families section (I loved it) but am now stuck in the Newstart queue and it's not half as fun, or interesting. I like the bodyshop waaaaay better, but I just need to build it up a bit more before I go chucking away paid mat leave.

Christy - the baby gym sounds great, I don't think there is anything like that here except for the really expensive ones. Matilda can "shake her sillies out" as I used to say to DD. How are the tanties going?? It's been a hard road with our littlies hasn't it? Mitch has gone back to non-sleeping again, but he is sick. We just have to wait it out before we can try another routine. I'm just lucky I have DP here, although it would be nicer to have another wage.

Woo hoo, mitch has amused himself for about an hour now!

OOOOOO have to share our news ....

WE HAVE A TOOTH!!!!!

Came through yesterday but haven't had much sleep!! She didn't want to sleep last night so while she was playing on the floor she decided it would be a good thing to bite Mummy's toes and she did and it hurt LOL!!!

Top left tooth is through and there are two more up top that look like they will be through any day now!!! Bottom ones don't even look like they are there!

Anyway better go we have to drop some things at work and then go and have lunch with Daddy, because he might have to go away next week for work!!!

Cheers

Kellee Guest

Hooray for Asha's tooth! They do hurt - be careful that she doesn't hurt you! It's a bugger when they all come through at once - Charlie got his two at a time - but at least the pain is over with in one hit, for bub and for Mum! I hope that she didn't experience too much pain and that it's all over with quickly for you both.

It must be really rewarding for you to be working two days a week, Lulu. What is Newstart? I have only just started dealing with Centrelink (for Family Payment stuff) and I don't know much about it.

Had a great day today - went out with Mum for her birthday, and went op shopping and found a pink ball gown, almost a perfect fit, for $12.50! The things you find... will be able to wear it for gigs and feel like a princess. Should be fun.

Oh dear, Charlie is eating my favourite pair of kitten heels - better go and save them...

2 days a week is quite enough atm! And newstart is the dole. If you find it hard to get your head around the C'link stuff, I'm quite happy to help you out. It's pretty bloody confusing I know!

Thank heavens those teeth are through. Why on earth it has to be such a trauma for everyone I don't know.

alex c Guest

Default off topic

hi lulu,i know that this is totally off topic but need to know if u still have the digital camera?i dont have platinum so if u still have it how can i get in contact with u?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast