Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 9 Months - 12 Months October/November '05

Poor Snowy, hope you had a good nap!

Tegan, I hope everything is okay...I will have my fingers crossed for you.

Jess, hope you have a safe flight and a wonderful time...look forward to hearing about it when you get home!

Woohoo Mel for Eliana's possible job, how exciting! Yes, that was me at that meet up! I came to the first one, then Kaleb was sick for the second one, then I couldn't do Fridays anymore, which was a real shame. Is there still a heap of you that meets up?

jo - so glad it was you - was doing my head in as i was sure it was you & kaleb was in a sling & the food got attacked by ants!! we still meet up probably about 6-8 mums though varies from fortnight to fortnight - have also done dinner & took the kids to bananas - it has been good to see the little ones get bigger - nice rainy day today

Jo = Beth, have to remember that one! lol

Unforunatly I think i've lost the baby Bleed got heavier and i've passed some clots. Have some mild cramping also... I'll get the blood test tomorrw to confirm.

As for Lily's birthday i have finally worked out what i'm going to do! I'm making a ladybug cake and also making ladybug cupcakes to go around the big one. I just bought Lily the cutest outfit ever and i'm going to take a photo of her in it and have that on the front of the invites, hopefully it turns out ok.

We're also having our engagement party the day before Lily's birthday party, so hopefully that will be good. A very busy weekend that will be for us! Only just under 5 weeks to go, yikes!!

tegan - sorry about your baby - sending you huge hugs! lily's cake sounds adorable & im sure she will look gorgeous on her invites - busy busy time for you all - once your engagement party & lily's birthday is over it will be christmas!!

im pretty sure eliana has started more of a crawl - she has been getting around alot quicker since last thursday but also loves to climb on things!! she is good at walking when you hold her hand so im actually looking forward to her walking & not finding every tiny piece of dust on the floor - her third top tooth came through yesterday & she thinks it is funny to bang her teeth together - i can't stand the noise so keep giving her a dummy to stop it!

I know what you mean about wanting them to walk to they dont pick things up off the ground. Lily is contantlydoing this and im constantly taking things off her!

Tegan, I'm so sorry to hear about your baby. Thinking of you and sending you big hugs.

Mel, Kaleb does the same, picks up every bit of fluff, every leaf, every speck of dust off the floor and tries to eat it. It gets very tiring taking things off him all the time!

Oh Tegan, I'm so sorry to hear that you lost the baby sending you a monster hug!!!

Hmmm, Wolf is not so big on picking stuff up of the floor. He pointed at the crumbs the muffin left at Starbucks today though (but did not try to eat them, thank god). He is walking around so much now. This evening he was doing circles through the living room and kept on going back and forth. He can turn now without any problems (that used to be a problem before) and will squat and get up again etc. It's just when I put on his shoes he won't walk more than a few steps... he is still trying to get used to them (though I have to say he does not wear them much - just when we go outside really, in the house it's socks or barefoot).

I bought him a little toy-pushchair on Sunday and he loves to push it around the house or turn it upside down and spin the wheels... oodles of entertainment. He had always nicked other kid's pushchairs in the park, so I figured I'd better give in and give him his own.

Ordered balloons for his birthday. Will bake the cake myself but bought a "1" candle while I was at the party shop. Also bought a happy birthday banner - so I'm pretty set now.

Snowy

Snowy, you must be very proud of Wolf and his walking! Sounds like he is going great guns!

Kaleb took his first proper steps on Sunday. We were at a friend's house, they have an 18mth old boy whom Kaleb adores...he was walking around and Kaleb was crawling madly after him, then it was like he went 'stuff this, I'm giving it a go', so he got up and walked! Only about 6 steps, but he has kept doing it since...DH was there to see it and he was so happy, it was lovely.

Hope everyone is well, very quiet in here!

Can i just ask, did anyone of you do anything special to help your baby walk? Because Lily has no interest in it. She can cruise alone furniture with no trouble but it is like she is affraid to let go. She can stand on her on without holding, but as soon as she realises she will quickly grab me again in a panic...

I had not noticed before, but Lily has another tooth all the way through! And another 2 are just about to break through! So she'll probably have 5 teeth by her 1st birthday instead of the 2 i thought she'd still have.

Colleen Guest

Aww Tegan! They change and grow so quick! wow on the 5 teeth!!

Jaykobs showing no sign of wanting to walk just yet, He stands against the furniture but yeah, I guess he has alot of weight to balance lol

Went shopping today and got him a great little floatie car that he sits (its little tikes i think) and the roof is like the canopy (he hates wearing a hat :/) Took him to the pools with it and he loves it, its got a little steering wheel which he has figured how to work the horn lol

Jo , congrats on Kalebs first steps! How exciting!!! I still cant fathom Jay walking, such a strange concept lol

Snowy, Wolf is so clever! Ive had trouble getting shoes at all, what size does he wear? The lady in the shop told me Id be best to get custom shoes, If any, because his rolls on his ankles interfere with the hole at the top iykwim. If the rolls wasnt there he would be a 5 1/2 but a G width, a standard shoe is around an E if I remember what she said correctly. So no shoes here yet . I had club feet as a baby and had massive problems with my feet and shoes so I will let him go, he probably doesnt need them yet anyway. *end of ramble* lol got a bit off topic there

Melbee - Jaykobs only just started a real crawl, its cute to watch them work it out! Well done Eliana! & Jay also grinds his teeth, Ive been quite quick to tell him off about it, as its horrible to listen to :-S

Kmh - Happy Birthday to your lil girl, they grow so fast

Jessica, hope your having a ball in Japan!

Not much else to report here, Ive already rambled enough, tooth 7 is fully out and visible now, number 8 is giving jay pain though I think, this is the first tooth that has really, so I guess we have been lucky.
    Im just about to finish his invites and hopefully post them off before the end of the week...

kisses for all the babies!

Colleen...

Wow on 7 teeth Colleen!

I know that Lily is a size 4 shoe. I no nothing about the letters? The shoes never have them on it.

Colleen Guest

No I dont think they are on the shoe, Its more that the standard is a E and we needed bigger, although the rolls could be the cause of that... only time will tell lol...

Although the rolls on his arms havent gone so I dont see the kankles going anytime soon either lol

Its a good thing, I love them, they are his bracelets! lol

lol Colleen! At least it shows he is healthy. I am forever getting comments about how petite Lily is and they think she is way younger than she is. Makes me feel like I don't feed her enoug yet she eats like a damn horse LOL!

Colleen Guest

I get the opposite , i must feed him to much lol

& now that hes thinning out a little, dps mum always says "isnt he eating" im like wtf? lol

You cant win either way, but we know so its all good!!

Colleen, Wolf has his father's Hobbit feet. They measured as 4H but we ended up getting a pair of 4G because the H just sat too losely. We went to Clarks. (I'm not sure if the UK shoe size = Aussie shoe size?)

Jo, yeah on Kaleb walking 6 steps! It's amazing how quickly they go from a few steps to walking 20-30.

Wow - Tegan, 5 teeth! Wolf still only has 2. No, we didn't do anything special to encourage him to walk. We don't have any baby walkers or stuff like that. Try holding her hands maybe and see if she would walk holding your hands and then let go of one hand and see if she walks on one hand? Maybe that will help her become more confident. I had the same thing with Wolf - he seemed so stable yet lacked the confidence to walk on his own.

Cranky boy here, got to go for a walk.

Snowy

Yeah Lily walks perfectly fine when we hold her hands but even if we let og of one, while still holding onto the other she will sit down and get cranky lol.

lol, Wolf does that when he wears shoes. he gets really cranky and sits down and starts crying. i have decided to ignore the crying and not pick him up / give him my hands again but encourage him to get up and walk to me and then give him lots of praise.
    they are funny sometimes, aren't they.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast