Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 16th-30th 2009 #1

just popping in to say hi!! I probwbly already know most of u from bellybuddies but will be back later to read through and introduce myself

nellnell, sorry if this is a bit personal, but I am curious now. I got a 2nd degree tear, mostly internal, that took about an hour to repair. It feels fine now but I am a little apprehensive about DTD again. I have my 6 week check next week, and I know DH is keen as mustard to get back to it once I have been given the OK, though he is trying hard not to make it too obvious. Did you not DTD for that long because you were still hurting or you just didn't want to? I figure it will hurt the first couple of times no matter how long we wait just because it hasn't been used since healing, IYKWIM.
    LOL at DS getting in touch with his feminine side. I hope he is just in pink and not in frills.

Hi Jas, not too many of our belly buddies group in here so far. I guess they will make it eventually. Looking forward to hearing how things are going for you.

Also nellnell, Edward has peeling skin, especially on his feet. It seems to have gone from the rest of his body now, but it was on his tummy, legs and hands for a few weeks. I figured it was because he was in my belly for longer than his brother had been and was well cooked. He had it when the paediatrician saw him in hospital and he wasn't concerned. I wouldn't worry, just keep moisturising. I found that the QV cream was really good when DS1 had eczema, maybe something a bit heavier than the sorbolene would help.

Melanie - I'm glad you asked because I want to let everyone know that DTD earlier rather than later is a GOOD THING. We didn't get around to DTD for 20 weeks for a mixture of reasons including the tired feeling, stress and me being hesitant due to the tearing. My GP/ob hassled me at my 8 wk check up and told both DH and I we needed to do it soon, but I didn't listen. By the 20 wk mark, my tear was healed but I had left it too long and scar tissue had formed and DTD was like tearing it a little bit each time we tried. This made me nervous each time and I kept putting DTD off. So this time, funnily enough, after 3.5 weeks I am well and truly ready to DTD. My GP/ob told me that we MUST DTD before I visit him at 8 wks!

Thanks for the info on dry skin, I'll head down and get some QV cream tomorrow. Oh, and no frills for my little boy - I'm not going that far!

Weighed DS today and clothed he was 3.98kg! taking the approx 200g in clothes away, he has put on 1.2kg in 25 days. What a big pig!

Just wanted to say hi... I am borderline on this buddy group and the early April one... so I thought that maybe I'd hang around both as my belly buddies are in both... is that ok with you guys? I have been meaning to pop in a say hi but every time I try well let's just say that one of the kiddies wants me..lol. Elijah was born 15th - came 3 days early so really wasn't expecting him and didn't know if it was really labour starting up. However, it was and I have my little man. Will get around to finishing my birth story soon hopefully. There's so much in my head that I want to make sure I'm not just prattling on with it when it's written down. I have written part of it.

Nell, REALLY interesting what you say about DTD. I didn't think of that and we didn't do it for a long time after Oskar either and yeah it did hurt a bit Thing is DH doesn't really care if he gets it or not... how's that for a male?? lol. I tell him I think he's not really a male I'm the one who wants it more. Anyway, haven't actually thought about it yet, still too much going on and too tired. Will try to before 8 wks!! Only 3 to go.

Hi Guys,

Like Kat our Belly Buddies group are just all having their bubs now, but my little boy Bailey made an early entrance into the world on April 23rd (was due May 18). He was 5pds 12oz, 43cm, HC 34cm. My waters broke that afternoon so my OB started my contractions as I had tested positive to GBS the week before. Had a VERY quick labour (2hrs 15 mins) and bubs spent a couple of days in the SCN but is now doing really well and BF well about 3.5 hourly. He was readmitted to hosp when he was 8 days old with jaundice and was losing weight as was too sleepy to feed properly and spend another couple of days in the SCN under the phototherapy lights, but has never looked back since.

Anyway, I am a first time Mummy and loving it (getting used to my previously organised life changing completely, but for the better) and am constantly in wonder of my baby and being a Mum and having given birth to this little miracle! Still finding my way as I work things out though hehehehe

Looking forward to hearing about all your bubs also
    Naomi
    x

hi cass and naomi - welcome

excuse the typing - one handed isnt so much fun, and really slow.

cass - I hear you on the birth story. I wrote one for myself and it is so long as it was a 3 day ordeal. I wont post it on here as i'm sure noone wants to read my blab. i do like to write it though, and i made DH write his version of DD's birth which was quite facinating and very funny male perspective. I have to hit hi up for DS's birth story soon as well. would love to hear your's though.

naomi - glad to hear bailey is doing really well after his early appearance. He was almost as big as my DS was at 40 wks. I think my kids do so much better on the otside than iside me. ds proved that with his weight gain since birth. wow that birth was quick. Look out next time!

Default Hi

Hi Everyone

NellNell I just realised our children are nearly the exact same age. DD1 born June 2007 and DD2 April 2009!

Quote Originally Posted by nellnell View Post
    Welcome Amanda - oh yeah, the moving thing with a toddler and a newborn is crazy isn't it. Luckily my DH did lots of our small stuff over the last couple of month and stored it at his parents house. We are getting there but looking for things I need in boxes is getting frustrating though. I just don't have the time!!!

I agree with Mel about the formula. Try to persist. I have had a slight case of mastitis while BF my DD and I know it hurts but it is so worth persisting. You can do it
    And with the birth - congrats on not needing any drugs, empowering isn't it? Totally agree with the pushing too. My main aim for this birth was to reduce tearing as I had a painful 2nd deg tear last time and was still having pain 12 months on (as we didn't DTD for about 20 wks) sorry for tmi. Anyway, this time I chatted to the community midwife beforehand and she suggested a whole heap of things which really helped. The pushing was so much more controlled as you said and I felt like I was able to push when I wanted and hold back when I needed. Last birth was just all over the place and I was just pushing as hard as I could. I ended up with a 2nd deg tear this time too but the 1 min of stitching compared to 30mins of stitching last time was significantly different.

Mel - yeah, girls can wear anything, but boys...well just say that DS has been getting in touch with his feminine side at night. Ive beed dressing him in pink and flowers for his PJ's. He gets his boy clothes during the day of course.

I just went out with both the kids shopping to a large shopping centre. It was a success. DD stayed in the pram and didnt get cranky, and DS wanted to be fed and held at times but we actually got most things done. Yay. I'm so proud of myself.

DS has REALLY dry skin. Anyone else noticed this on their bub. I've been using sorbelene at every chance. I remember my DD had dry skin too, but it had gone by about 1 to 1.5wks old. DS is now 3.5wks old and it seems to be getting worse. Its not like dermatitis, just dry flaky skin, all over, shrivelling off his hands and face.

Oh I've also started to express some milk. I have an abundunt milk supply and it flows really well, without having to suck too much. My DD became lazy, then wouldn't take a bottle of EBM so I'm starting DS early so he can drink from a bottle and the breast - which gives me the freedom to leave him with my in laws or my DH for more than a few hours at a time. I wouldn't be doing this soon, much later on but thought I'd get onto it early as I started DD at 8wks and she refused the bottle and didn't drink significant amounts to leave her until 6 months of age.

Sorry about the waffle......

Hope everyone is having a great day and your beautiful bubbas are being little angels.
    Abs (my newest DD) had really dry skin that became apparent after 2nd day, it has nearly all peeled off now, midwife suggested that it might be because she was more overdue then we realised. If you are worried about the dryness try pure calendula oil or vitamin e to avoid using creams that might cause a reaction.

OMG Nell... never thought of asking DH to do that. What a fantastic idea! I'm going to ask him to do it cos it'd be sooooo interesting to see what you don't see when it's about you.

Welcome Naomi. It is good to hear things are going well after a stressful start.

Thanks Nell, I love how everyone on BB is willing to discuss intimate details! I won't let my husband in on your info just yet, but it is good to know. I am getting a bit toey myself.
    I think I got my husband's version of our birth story from the look on his face when Edward came out. Can't say I really would have wanted to have his view when I tore like that... can't have been pretty.

lol ozzie, how did you manage to get pregnant with a husband like that?
    I have been intending to jump over to the early April group too. It is always nice to keep up with the mums from your belly buddies groups. I have decided to go to the Brisbane breakfast this month and meet some other BB mums. Should be exciting.

Both my boys are sleeping well again now. Edward isn't going 8 hours now, more like 6, but he is still only wanting 1 feed a night so I am very happy about that.
    I had to go into work with my boys this morning. Ed Qld wants to know my intentions for next year already, and the form needed to be signed by the principal. The paperwork all arrived the day after I go home from hospital so I shoved it in a draw until I remembered that it was due today. I am rather disorganised at the moment!
    I thought Byron would be shy with all the teenagers around. No such luck. He bolted across the school, and instead of helping me the kids all just pointed and said he was cute. I don't know why I would have expected anything else. I will have teenagers of my own soon the way time is going by.
    Everything else is fine. My right eye has started producing sleep again which I am hoping is a sign that I will get movement back soon. I don't know if I mentioned my Bell's Palsy in this group yet... but it will be 4 weeks tomorrow since I woke up with a paralysed face. Hopefully it won't be much longer! All my blood tests are normal again too, so I am feeling good.

lol Melanie, I just told him it was time to have a root... haha seriously that's what I said! It'd still be interesting to hear his side of the story though, I'm not sure that he'd have noticed you tearing at the time?

I haven't even looked at when the brekky is or where. To be honest though mornings are hectic for me anyway. Where in Brissy do you live? Can't remember if I asked you before? Oh and I'm haunting both April baby buddy threads

Hi!

Just popping in to say hi to my belly buddies, and to everyone else too! - Oliver was 12 days late so I'm technically in the May baby buddies.

Ollie is wonderful. He hasn't put on as much weight as expected but the nurse said it may be because he grew quite a lot. So we'll weigh him again next week to make sure. I am having lots of trouble with feeding at the moment so I was worried he isn't getting enough, he seems satisfied though so don't really know. Feeding is just hurting SO much, hoping to get it sorted soon because I can't last much longer. My nipples are quite flat so he really chomps down to attach and is making them raw and bleed, owwww!

I hope everyone is doing well,

Sarah

Hi Everyone,

Finally got some time to myself. Oliver has been quite unsettled last couple of days. Not sure if it's because i'm unwell and he's picking up on it or something. Big thank you for your support and advice with my breastfeeding. It's going much better. I think around 5.30 he starts to cluster feed (i think that's what you call it). He'll feed on both sides twice in 2.5 hours and he has done this for about a week now, so i'm much calmer now i know its going to happen and he's not just crying for nothing. My mastitis is also getting better, still have sore bb's but have alot more energy and feeling myself again.

Oliver also has got dry skin. I'm using QV lotion just after bath on him. You can also get the QV oil for the bath as well. I'm a little surprised he has been peeling and that because he came out with an inch thick coat of vernix still on him.

Berrme- One of my workmates had that not long ago and she couldn't move half her face. What a time to get it hey and how scary must of that been waking up not being able to move your face. Hopefully you wont have it too much longer.

Oh i'm totally scared to DTD this time. Last birth i tore inside a little to the outside and honestly couldn't feel it during dtd. All i remember thinking is it felt like my first time again. This time i tore in my perineum so i'm a little more nervous,just going to make sure there's lots of lube involved lol . Actually this maybe TMI but the other night i felt a pop down there when i sat down and i got up and went to the toilet and when i wiped there was bright red blood, so i think i broke one of my stitches. There is a red "patch" there, but doesn't necessarily look like I've done any damage and it doesn't hurt so hopefully it was nothing to serious.

Was anyone affected with all this flooding and rain? We live at Bribie Island and man it poured down. Luckily we had no problems in our street but my parents place and a couple of other people we know had there houses flooded. I'm going to try and do my birth story some time this week if i get time. Samuel has been better the last couple of days. Feels good to have my big boy back to normal because he can be such a sweetheart and I've missed him

I am at Wavell Heights and we got plenty of rain too. No flooding or loss of power though. We never seem to get the worst of the bad weather. I hope all you other Brisbane mums avoided the floods too.

Mama2two, I am very pleased that feeding is going better for you and that you are feeling ok. Mastitis can't be very fun, I am glad I have avoided it so far.
    It was definitely scary waking up with a face that wouldn't move. I thought I had had a stroke. I have sort of gotten used to it now, but will be extremely pleased when I can shut my eye again!

Ozzie, I just asked DH, he said really he just saw lots of blood. lol. I have asked him a bit about what it was like compared to last time. He said even with the tearing, this time was better. It is interesting to get their point of view... it is a completely different experience for them.
    The breakfast is at the gap. I just figured it was time to try to make Byron (and myself) some friends. I think I have mentioned before that I know very few people with children, and people without children generally work, so I don't get much adult company during the week.

Hi Sarebear. It seemed like most of the late april group went over with their bubs. the early april people all went early. Nice to hear that Ollie is doing well, I hope he keeps putting on weight for you so you don't have to worry. I hope your nipples stop hurting too!

I am off to get a massage today. It was my mother's day present. It should be lovely. I wonder if I will be allowed to have a nap when I get home all relaxed.

Sarah, to you. Have you tried nipple shields? I've heard these can really help. I was really sore for a few weeks too until my nipples "hardened" up.

Mama, we got a LOT of rain. It flooded across the street just a few houses up from us and a street only about a block over from us was on the news with a river going down it and the street behind us flooded too. We were lucky our ground is a little higher BUT if it had kept raining the way it was for another day I think we possibly could've got it coming through our downstairs area.

Melanie, we should try to catch up one day. I'm at Burpengary, so the right side of town! Sometimes we go to play centres around the Lawnton/Strathpine area with some other mums. We were going to go to one last Wed until it was raining so much we decided against it... thank goodness!!

I forgot to mention that Elijah weighed 5.3kg the other day (fully clothed) so being conservative I've taken that back to 5.1 to allow for that but that still means he's put on about an average of 260gm per week!!! My little piggy boy..lol.

Hey Cass, funny you should say that - I just sent DH to the chemist to get one! Hopefully he get backs before Ollie wakes up...

lol Sarah!! GREAT minds I think it's funny what we send the boys off to get. I asked Andy to get some maternity pads one day but they didn't have the ones I wanted, he said he stood there for ages reading the packets haha. I told him I reckon it would be hillarious to watch the surveillance tapes and see how confused men look doing these things for us.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast