Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 16th-30th 2009 #1

organicem - i just read your thread about what happened with you and DH. Don't let him walk all over you - you're worth way more (and your girls too) than that. I was married years and years ago - to a man 17 years my senior who was an alcoholic and a gambler. he manipulated me so well that if he didn't come home for 3 days after being out - and i questioned him - he was able to make ME apologise for questioning him. eventually after him spending $70K of my money from the sale of a property I walked out- (id' done so many many times previously but this time was forever).... he FREAKED out and started to threaten to kill himself ... so my friends and i would go 'save' him but it would always be an attention seeking thing (history note: my dad killed himself when i was 14).. he said my dad visited him at night to tell him to do it (AS IF).

anyway christmas eve he phoned and i said 'go ahead' ... thinking it was another thing and he did it for real.

anyway - what i'm trying to say is don't let ppl manipulate you or rule how a relationship runs - there are 4 ppl in your famly and so 4 ppls needs need to be met - it sounds like only one of them is being met atm. you've done nothing wrong and you deserve to get respect and support. if not - he needs to leave forever cos it sounds like you're supporting his a$$ even though you're a SAHM. Am not meaning to rant AT you - just give you support.

Was def not planned but they are very excited now. I guess it is a little odd but will be great for DD2 to have someone close to her age to play with at Christmas etc.

Sacha (is that your name?): WooHoo on getting period, I know how you feel. I like the convienece of not getting it but freak out when I don't...actualy get excited is more like it!! I don't take the pill though, don't like what it can do to my body.

Hope Lachlan and yourself get over cold soon!

Have found Brauer to be good with lots of things. DD2 doesn't get wind too often, she also sleeps on her stomach which helps.

Sorry that you had such a horrible experience with your ex. Don't worry I didn't think you were ranting. I do let myself be manipulated in many relationships. Am trying to be stronger. I used to be scared of being alone because looking after my girls would b e hard. Now I know I can do it if I need to.

Wow its been busy in here i can't keep up.
    Well i've been down in the dumps lately with it all. Just felt a little overwhelmed at home with both the kids. I had to go back to work with Samuel when he was still little so i guess im not use to being alone at home all the time. I even had crazy thoughts of going back pt already.. Nope that's not gonna happen this time. I regretted going back so much with Samuel. But i am craving the social atmosphere and missing my workmates terribly. My day out was sooo good, went for breaky at the coffee club with my sister then did some retail therapy hehe. dh and i discussed it and now every Saturday is my day although i find myself coming home at lunch cause i miss my babies. And i've joined the gym and finally going to get my pre babies body back and joined up with some lovely bb ladies in a support thread
    Ollie is only having one bfeed a day now I'm a little upset but what can you do. I love feeding him but couldnt get my supply back in my left boob no matter what i did from the whole mastitis episode.. I tried for 8 weeks feeding him first that side, pumping you name it. My nipple has also gone weird so i think that played a part in it. Oliver has a cold and little cough so he is very clingy atm and only want to bfeed so im so annoyed that i cant give it to him when ever he wants. I wonder sometimes if i made the right decision putting him on the bottle. damn mastitis.

Jas- How's Noah? He's been through a rough trot hasn't he poor little fella. I hate that spewing bug. I dread it when i hear its going around again.

Organicem - My little sister is only 3 years older then my son and it is great when we go over and they can play together and stuff and its fun having big get togethers there. I have and older sis 24 and younger one whos 20 then my mum had my brother whos now 9 and my sis is 6 to the same father so i found it weird. I did find it hard though because my mum isnt very nanaish so i sometimes feel my kids miss out on that grandparent relationship because she has little ones of her own.

Raining again and i just hung out all my nappies last night to dry walked out this morn and there soaked.

Quote Originally Posted by Mama2two View Post

Organicem - My little sister is only 3 years older then my son and it is great when we go over and they can play together and stuff and its fun having big get togethers there. I have and older sis 24 and younger one whos 20 then my mum had my brother whos now 9 and my sis is 6 to the same father so i found it weird. I did find it hard though because my mum isnt very nanaish so i sometimes feel my kids miss out on that grandparent relationship because she has little ones of her own.
    I know what you mean. Currently I have 5 siblings ranging from 21 to 6 so there is a 4 year gap between my little brother and my DD1 and there will be 5 months between DD2 and the new arrival.

Gee, I can't think of anything worse than dragging my childbearing out over so many years. They are some keen mums that you girls have!!

Amanda, I am sorry to hear that you are feeling down. I hope the gym and weekly trips out by yourself make a difference!
    It is also sad that BFing hasn't worked out for you. I didn't realise how lucky I have been with BFing until I started reading all the stories here on BB. Try not to beat yourself up about it.
    I bought a AIO nappy at the baby expo the other week to see if it will last overnight and still haven't gotten to try it as it keeps raining when I want to dry it. It is a shame they don't prewash them for you. I have also ordered some hemp and microfibre to make boosters to stick in my flats. We will see how keen I am feeling after that... I might attempt to make some fitted nappies myself.

I hope everyone else is doing ok.

Berrme- I know what you mean about the breastfeeding stories on here. I didn't realise it would be hard i thought oh yeah its natural we automatically know what were doing. What sort of nappy did you buy? Let me know how you go with it

Gosh, I haven't been gone long and heaps has been happening.

Sacha - Sounds like Lachlan has definately improved his sleeping - fabulous news. Bummer about the cold though. Hope it doesn't stick around for long. You've had a rough trott in the past - sorry to hear.

Organicem - wow you poor thing. Look after yourself at this time. your DH needs to sort his issues out and realise that you are in a vulnerable position atm. omg about your mum being pregnant!!!!

Amanda - dont feel guilty about the bf. you gave Ollie a great start.

Jas - you poor thing. I hope the Losec works with Spencer. Wasnt the zantac doing the job? we have DS on zantac now and things are looking so much brighter than a couple of weeks ago. Fingers crossed fot your mum that things start looking up and hoping that noahs tongue is on the mend - ouch.

well things her have been a little mundane and each day seemed to flow into the next. i even got to the stage i couldnt remember when i fed last (it was ever 2 to 2.5 hours). Friends with young kids started commenting on how much he cried !!! some support !!! but on zantac now for silent reflux and the past 4 days have been good. less crying, more smiles, chatting, better sleeping and reducing the dummy use (it was the only thing which kept me semi sane over the last 4 weeks!)

dh is getting more involved with ds now and i'm feeling human again. heading off to the gym to check it out. the walks just arent cutting it. i lost the weight really quickly but have a little pot belly i'm not so happy about.

to all of you guys using cloth nappies i applaud you. man, i'm having enough trouble keeping up with the normal washing!

Quote Originally Posted by nellnell View Post

dh is getting more involved with ds now and i'm feeling human again. heading off to the gym to check it out. the walks just arent cutting it. i lost the weight really quickly but have a little pot belly i'm not so happy about.

to all of you guys using cloth nappies i applaud you. man, i'm having enough trouble keeping up with the normal washing!
    So great that your DH is helping out more. Am a little jealous of you getting to gym. Hope that you keep motivated!! I have a belly too and wish I could get rid of it.

I have trouble keeping up with normal washing too, so you are not alone. I am definately not cut out to be a housewife.

[QUOTE=organicem;1876801 Am a little jealous of you getting to gym. Hope that you keep motivated!! I have a belly too and wish I could get rid of it.

I have trouble keeping up with normal washing too, so you are not alone. I am definately not cut out to be a housewife.[/QUOTE]

I find that DD motivates me more than anything else atm. For example I try to get out of the house each day and if I didnt DD would send me batty. If it's fine we walk to the shops/park/friends places and she keeps me on the move.

on the housewife front - yeah Id totally agree that im not a spectacular housewife. I hate cleaning and only do the super necesary things each week and go on a cleaning spree about once a month when I get sick of things - i figure that my kids get more of my time that way and they arent going to remember if the floor wasn't vacuumed regularly when they are older. excuse the spelling - one handed

Gee I love hearing about other people who are crap at housework. Washing and cooking are about the only things I do regularly. Who wants to be the perfect housewife anyway? That would be boring!

Nell, I am with you on DS being motivation to get out of the house. It rained yesterday so we were inside most of the day and he drove me insane. It is so much easier to cope with toddlers outside!

Edward has been a bit grizzly the past couple of day. He has been farting like you wouldn't believe, so I am assuming he has had a tummy ache. I don't think I have eaten anything unusual so I don't know why, but I hope it doesn't last long. Maybe it is just another growth spurt... he is 12 weeks tomorrow! I can't believe how fast the time has gone.

Maybe I should take DD out to the park more often. I find sheis difficult to control at the shops which is where I usually go especially in the wet weather we have been getting.

Have been stressing a bit about getting DD2 onto bottle for day time feeds for when I go on prac. She used to take a bottle but hasn't been so keen on it the lasr few weeks.

Lol I'm the same with housework. Necessities then big clean when I gett cranky about it. I figure as long as it's not dirty it's ok.

I try to get out every day. Even if it's just the local Woolies for bread - oh and a Gloria Jean's coffee lol. Lucky for me there's one 2 km away!

Mel I reckon Elijah's just had growth spurt, was feeding about every 2 hrs last wk. 12 wks today!! OMG I can't believe that! My gorgeous little man. He's such a good little guy, smiles lots and puts up with Oskar laying on him, squashing him, tapping his little head...lol. One day he's gonna get his own back though I'm sure of it!

LOL Cass, Edward is just the same... I can't believe he isn't screaming with some of the 'love' that is showered on him by Byron. My theory is that he heard all the noise his brother made through my belly and just decided to keep his head down once he came out.

Em, I have found that if I go to the shopping centre around midday then Byron goes to sleep and in the pram and it is much easier. I used to wait until he had his nap so he was less grumpy, but the shops just seem to bring out the worst in kids. Of course if I have to do groceries he needs to be awake so he can go in the trolley. I hate doing the groceries.

Quote Originally Posted by berrme View Post
    Em, I have found that if I go to the shopping centre around midday then Byron goes to sleep and in the pram and it is much easier. I used to wait until he had his nap so he was less grumpy, but the shops just seem to bring out the worst in kids. Of course if I have to do groceries he needs to be awake so he can go in the trolley. I hate doing the groceries.
    DD1 is always found looking at drink bottles, chocolate or toys. This would be fine if i didn't have to try and drag her to all the other sections. She won't stay in trolley for very long either. Have decided to do groceries on her day care day and when I go back to work I am going to order online and get fresh fruit and veg from a shop with no lollies, toys or drink bottles (ie harris farm or similar).

I have put both girls in the twin capsule trolleys but DD1 didn't last long in that either.

OMG... Byron just tried to go to the park by himself. He went outside by himself for like 2 minutes, then I thought it was very quiet and went out to check and he wasn't in the yard anymore. The gates were both shut... he had climbed the fence and was about 200m down the street. I nearly had a heart attack! I just ran down the street towards him and went he saw me he started running back again. Thank goodness he didn't run the opposite way! He was nearly at the busy road.
    I don't think I have ever been so scared.

Quote Originally Posted by berrme View Post
    OMG... Byron just tried to go to the park by himself. He went outside by himself for like 2 minutes, then I thought it was very quiet and went out to check and he wasn't in the yard anymore. The gates were both shut... he had climbed the fence and was about 200m down the street. I nearly had a heart attack! I just ran down the street towards him and went he saw me he started running back again. Thank goodness he didn't run the opposite way! He was nearly at the busy road.
    I don't think I have ever been so scared.
    Oh Melanie, how scary for you.

Note to self: do not let DD's out the front. We don't live near a busy road but DD1 is more inclined to run away from me then towards me.

Quote Originally Posted by organicem View Post
    DD1 is more inclined to run away from me then towards me.
    Byron normally runs away giggling, like it is some sort of game. He must have heard the panic in my voice when I called out because he turned straight away. At least he pays attention when I am serious.
    I think he is a bit confused as to why I keep hugging him.

Mel, to you! Omg how scary!! Oskar can't get out of our yard, well not that I can tell anyway. As for the shops, I have to go in the mornings and be home for sleeps cos he doesn't go in the pram anymore and hasn't for about 5 months now and hadn't gone to sleep in it for even longer! He rarely goes to sleep in the car now either unless he's really tired. I reckon Elijah sleeps with the noise cos he's used to it too...lol and they have no choice!

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast