Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 1st-15th 2009 #1

Zahley was weighed last Tuesday and was 4.86 kilo. She was 3.27 kilo when she was born and a little over 3 kilo when we left the hospital. She's a chubba bubba!!! LOL - See... I told you I was eating too much chocolate!

Sounds like our bubs are similar sizes and doing the same thing weight gain wise. Noah was about 3.2 when we left hospital. He's the biggest in our mum's group and most of the bubs were born in the same week - apart from one who is 12 weeks old and he's bigger than him as well! lol

Celsie, so glad to hear that Zahley isn't sick! Go the YUMMY MUMMY!! I've been eating chocolate too, did the same thing with Oskar. Didn't eat that much when pg but BF omg I have to have some almost every day. I can't say that I'm loving my after baby body now I have this lovely bit of beautiful apron skin which Oskar likes to poke if I get out of the shower and he's there. I don't know if it'll ever shrink back properly I still have issues with my muscle separation. It's still at almost 3 fingers wide which isn't good. I can't do any tummy exercises until it closes a LOT more. I have ones to do to help that but that's it. Physio visits are every 2-3 wks...blah blah not fun, but neither is looking at my belly!! I still look a bit pg cos of the muscles. I have this little round ball belly. *sighs* I hope it sorts out soon cos I dun wanna look like that forever

OMG I really do have a porker!! lol. I weighed Elijah about a week ago and he was 5.3kg with clothes, so I am being generous and saying 5.1kg naked. He loves booby LOTS but has started to sleep (I'm touching wood as I say this) about 8 hours a night on average.... so he's doing pretty well for a little guy. Oskar tries to sit and lay on him to be close... and he headbutts him - not on purpose though - it's just how he "kisses" he does forehead to forehead but doesn't realise that it's too hard for Elijah. Slowly getting better I think. He loves to help bath him and change him which is really lovely

How is everyone going with their bubs? This thread is so quiet!

Noah had is 2 month needles today. I almost cried even though he was over it pretty quickly. When I opened the door to get him out of the car when we got home he smiled at me, and then was fast asleep within about 2 minutes. He slept for 4 hours, had a short feed and then slept another 2 hours. My poor baby who barely sleeps a wink during the day, was knocked out. He was a bit unsettled this evening but seemed happy enough by 9pm when I put him to bed, and he's still sleeping now.
    He's up to 6kg now and I'm about to move him into 00 clothes as he's running out of room in the length of a lot of 000's. He's 61cm now, and with the cloth nappies, they're getting a bit tight!

I hope everyone is well, and getting some sleep!

wow it SO quiet in here! i was thinking there would be dozens of pages for me to catch up on but ... but no... but thats ok i know what you are all doing. same as me...

take care lovely ladies.

Time for an update on Miss Zahley (Za)... will be brief (one handed typing LOL).

I decided to delay giving Za vaccinations. I only wanted three out of seven and they cost $1000 per shot if you want them individually. I did get her oral rotavirus done though.

We are rolling!!! Rolled for the first time yesterday. Was so proud. DS thought he'd join in and roll too (he's 2 years old) and then insisted that I did. LOL

No idea how much she weighs... would have to be close to 8 kilos I would imagine. Wearing 00 clothes for a month now and some are tight!!!

Is only waking once in the night for a feed still, but it's stretching out till 5:30am, so we're getting a nice bank of sleep before she wakes.

Is very strong and determined, yet so sweet and gentle. I'm so in love with her.

Would love to hear how you're all going.

Celsie, how exciting Zahely is rolling already Noah is nowhere near rolling at the moment. He can be a lazy little bugger! He doesn't have a problem with tummy time, but is quite happy to just lay there and talk to his toys. If I move them to encourage him to move his head, he'll just lay there and go to sleep! He's holding his head up well, so I'm not worried at all but I just can't believe how lazy he can be! lol He loves laying on his back though playing with all his hanging toys and talking to them.
    Not sure how much he weights. Probably around 7kg by now. 3 weeks ago he was 6.4kg and 64cm long. Around 90th percentile for length and just over 50th for weight.
    He's generally a happy baby, and there is nothing better than when he wakes and I go in there to get him and I get big smiles. Every time without fail now. He always wakes up happy which is lovely. he's well and truly in 00 clothes now but I don't think they will last much longer given his length so we need to go shopping already!
    We're getting a good stretch of sleep at night too. We've been away a couple of times, so have co-slept with him and he has slept right through until 6.30. At home however when he is in his own cot he sleeps from around 8pm-3.30 and then wakes again at 7ish. So we have cut out that 11-12pm feed.
    Hope everyone else is doing well.

Hi everyone!

It's been so long since someone posted in here. Just thought I'd pop in for an update.
    Skye had her needles on Friday. Since then she's been pretty unsettled which hasn't been fun, the poor little thing. The other needles she's had at 2 and 4 months were non eventful but this time the injection sites swelled up a little. But apart from that things are going well. We've started solids and she's having three meals a day with four bottles a day too. She weighs 7.7kg and is 70cm long! She's been rolling for a while and is now sitting without support. She's so keen to get moving though. I'm looking forward to her crawling so that the frustration whingeing can be over. She gets so cranky when she can't get something! Can you believe our bubs are 6 months old already. We'll be throwing their first birthday parties before we know it! Hope you are all well. Would love to hear how all the other bubs are going and how the mummies are going as well of course! I'm doing well. I thought having two kids would be so much harder. I'm loving it. Wouldn't have it any other way. Amy has stopped teething lately too so that's made life a lot easier! Skye's now teething now and has her two bottom middle teeth so one finishes and the other starts. Murphy's law! Hahaha. Hope to hear fro you all soon xx Luv Nik

Hi Nik yes, this thread has gone very quiet!
    Skye is almost exactly the same size as Noah! He's 7.8kg and 70cm. We're going really well here. He actually just rolled for the first time today. He's very laid back and hasn't seemed that interested in even trying before. I think he's a long way off sitting yet though. Supported on the couch or on the floor with cushions/pillows he's fine. We just started solids a week ago so still early days here for us. I've cooked up some fruit and veges for him and frozen them so I can defrost quickly and easily for him. We're just on 2 meals of solids per day at the moment and we'll continue to work our way up to 3 meals and introducing some meat and different things over the next couple of months. Still breastfeeding which is about 6-7 feeds per day including 1-2 overnight.
    No teeth, but I can see the bottom two. His little gums are so swollen but they have been like that on and off since he was 4months.
    Don't scare me by talking about 1st birthday parties!!

Hi Megan!

That is so exciting about Noah rolling! I was so excited when Skye rolled because Amy didn't roll until 9 months old! She just sat and didn't do any moving at all until 10 months when she decided she wanted to crawl! It's bizarre how different two kids can be! Skye is definitely wanting to move but I have no idea when she'll crawl. I don't really mind but it would be nice for her not to be so frustrated! That is so funny that Skye and Noah are pretty much the same size! I think Skye might end up being a tall girl.

That's so great that you are still breastfeeding. I so wish we could have been successful but oh well. Luck of the draw having boobs that don't work! With solids, sometimes we only have two meals a day. it just depends on how hungry she is. I just offer it but she won't always eat it. I've just cooked up some vegies and mashed them all together. She has rafferty's garden multigrain cereal with milk in the morning and then the vegies at lunch and dinner....sometimes I give her some natural yoghurt with fruit puree in it but I'd prefer to just give her the vegies while she'll eat them! Hahaha. it's so bizarre doing the whole solids thing again. I'm so used to Amy eating whatever we eat! It's like doing it for the first time all over again! Are you still at home or have you gone back to work? Do you have any plans re work? I don't! Hahahaha. Will just see how we go. I was working an hour away from home before so don't want to do that again. So will have to see what is around closer to home in my field.

Well better go. Two whingey kids here. xxx Nik

No plans as far as work goes here! I resigned from my job half way through my pregnancy and have no intention of working full time for quite a while yet. Maybe next year I might look into some part time work but I really don't wont more than 2 days per week. The money would come in handy, but I really just want to be home with Noah for as long as possible, or until I start losing my mind and need to go and do something else!
    That cereal you mentioned.. is that just in the normal cereal section or in the baby section? I thought I might start him on some cereal next week if I can manage to express a bit of BM to go in it, but wasn't really sure what to try?

HI!!! Nik, Elijah rolled for the first time on Sunday... Elijah was 8kg about 2 wks ago but I'm not sure how long he is now. No sitting here either and no solids as yet. I don't think he's ready yet. Still boobing though and when he decides he wants it - HE WANTS IT! lol. Typical male. Oskar and Elijah are very different too. Oskar was sitting now but never rolled until much later... after bum shuffling and possibly after walking?? I really can't remember. I'm not planning on ft work for a while yet, but I do have days where I'd love just to work pt maybe one or 2 days for ME! I have been attached to something/someone or pg since middle of 2006 lol and I am really starting to crave a bit of time and space for myself and me me me! lol.

Megan, lol @ you... just yesterday you were saying Noah looked like being a long way off rolling, hehe he showed you didn't he!!! YAY for Noah. The Rafferty's is in the bub food area. I found that Oskar never really liked any of those things. I'm planning this time to do BLS and not go through the whole pureed adventure. Partly because I don't have the time so much now and also I think it's going to be hard to stop Oskar giving Elijah stuff and also him nicking stuff off Oskar lol.

Hi girls!

Zahley weighs 7.7 kilos and I don't know how long she is. She's just coming out of 00 clothes and going into 0's. She rolls from belly to back, and tries to go back again. Sits up well, but still needs a pillow in case she throws herself back. No teeth, but dribbles a lot and always has something in her mouth, usually her hands. Not on solids yet, just booby, but is "tasting" Rafferty's Rice Cereal (orange packet). Still wakes in the night for a feed. Beautiful little personality.

Hi everyone,

Its been ages since I was here last but finally things are getting a bit less hectic around here. I have missed BB and all of you SO much! I am going to read back through for a little bit and catch you all again soon....

xxxxxx

Hi all,

Megan - that Rafferty's cereal is in the baby aisle in Woolies. Not sure if Coles has it. It's in an orange foil packet. there are other flavours too. They also have a good range of all natural meals as well which are good for if you go camping or even just go out for the day. I think it's nice to be able to stay at home for a while with bub before going back to work. We're lucky enough to be able to afford it for a little while too but like you, the extra money would definitely come in handy!

Cass - I know what you mean about being attached to something for so long. Even though I don't bf they still need you constantly and I feel like I've been pregnant or in the baby phase forever! When I think about it, I've been pregnant for most of the past two years! Hahahaha. So yep, totally understand what you mean about going back to work for you time! Hahaha. yay on Elijah rolling! It's so strange having kids that are so different isn't it!? it's like watching it happen for the first time again but with a little more experience! Hahaha. I'm the same with solids. I mush up a bit of mix of vegies for her but she shares a sandwich with Amy and she has those rice rusks and stuff. I'm pretty much doing the same as I did with Amy which was a mix of finger foods and mushy stuff. I just cook up a huge batch of vegies and freeze them. All up it takes ten minutes so I don't mind doing it. With three though, I think I'd be the same as you! Finger food all the way!

Celsie - Yay Zahley! How does she like the cereal? It's so funny their facial expressions when they taste something new. Classic stuff. Sounds like she's going to be tall too if she's going into 0 clothes! It's amazing that all our bubs are similar weight.

Myson - Hi! Look forward to an update on your little man!!

I feel like the odd one out here FF Skye. That is just so wonderful that you are all still bf and your bubs are loving it! I am so glad that I tried hard though and we made it to six weeks exclusively. That was a goal for me and we made it at least. I was so disappointed when she lost weight but I didn't want to go down the PND path again like with Amy with all the feeding issues. The main thing is she's happy and healthy. I miss hearing from my baby buddies! With Amy, I couldn't keep up. With this one, updates are few and far between. I guess we're all way too busy enjoying our little angels which is far more important! Hope you are all well. No real updates here. Skye is doing a funny caterpillar hump thing when she's on her tummy on the floor and she wants to get to something. I wonder if that means she'll crawl soon. Woah! Two to chase after! That will keep me fit! Hahaha.

Luv Nik x

Hi everyone! Hope you are all well. We've had a rough month. Skye's been very clingy but last week found out why! She started crawling last Wednesday! She's been moving herself around a bit for a while but last week she started motoring and now there's no stopping her! I've had to pack all amy's little toys away! She pulling herself up on eveything too and just worked out how to put herself back down yesterday. It's all happening! Amy didn't crawl til 10 months! Hope you are all well. I bought a teething necklace a couple of weeks ago for Skye. Boy did it make a difference. Anyway, just thought I'd check in :-D x

hey guys,
    Does anyone still visit here.

JB is crawling so fast its not funny, well its pretty funny to watch lol
    Weighing in at 12kg

I don't really think the first half of April took off.... move over to the last half lol. I was borderline but went there cos was belly buds anyway and no one really seemed to be coming here. Although, to be honest, seems the whole of April is pretty quiet. I must admit that I find it hard to get time to say much or catch up with it all with more people in the house!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast