Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #12

Default Babies Born April 2006 #12

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in April 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - christy7@bellybelly.com.au ~ Senior Moderator
    Astrolady - astrolady@bellybelly.com.au ~ Administrator
    Sherie - sherie.brown@bigpond.com
    Lea13 - lea13@bellybelly.com.au

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your old thread can be found HERE You may have noticed that the baby details are missing at the start of the thread. This is so parents can post where-ever they feel comfortable without having their details in 1 thread and posting in another and often feeling like an outsider within both threads. We will be increasing signature lengths slightly soon so you can accomadate your babies birth details if you wish and can't already fit them it.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Ok,

I have posted my DD pressie but have not received mine. I am a little worried coz I'm going to be away in Singapore from the 2nd of Dec to the 18th of Dec and while my mum will collect my mail, she's only visiting the house once every couple of days and my postman is an idiot who leaves parcels out on the outdoor furniture to get rained on!

Ive sent my SS & just had a knock on the door which was Nixon's SS present!
    so yeah i think we should try and pick a time once everyone has theirs that most of us can get on & do it all together!
    Nixon had a shocker last night, he was so clingy, which he was like this when his first tooth cut through. i battled with him from 11-2am and then gave up he came in with us. he wasnt just moaning but really giving his lungs a work out. DH got the ****s when i made him get up, little did he know i had already been up for 2hrs trying to settle him.
    i hardly EVER ask for him to get up and on the rarity he does we end up arguing about it.
    anyway i am still annoyed with him the way he spoke to me last night, but he will probably come home & have forgotten about it all whilst im still stewing on it!
    Nixon must be catching up on lost sleep he has been asleep for 3hrs straight now.... because he is still not well i just want to let him sleep it off, expecially if tonight is going to be re-occuring episode.....

abs Guest

Oi !! I don't resemble that "bloody men" comment at all Plenty of times I've been crawling back into bed and Jen wakes thinking Jordy has just woken and I tell her he's actually going BACK to sleep after a feed and nappy change

Your one of a kind Abs!!
    i always read your threads telling us how you & Jen share shifts and in the begining when he was up even more you always helped out. I think u need to pay a visit to my husband and get him into line LOL!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

My DH is happy to get up for Charlie, but is hopeless at settling him. He has tried a lot lately to go in there and try to soothe him, but all C wants is the bb! So at most now, he'll go to C's room to get him for me at the 4am wake-up.

Hi everyone!!

it has been a long time since i had internet access. i am so excited to read about all of your healthy bubs! i will just give you a quick bit about me so that i can get to know you all again....

Archie Connor was born on 5th of May 9lb 6oz, 50cm, had op on his tummy at 3wks, as a result has severe reflux which has just started to settle down (thank God!), he also has urinary reflux which we are hoping he will grow out of without needing an op. He is gorgeous and alot of hard work, just like all of your babes im sure

Hi and welcome back Widdly

Nickers - theresa - I hear you on the bloody men - gav is great from 6am on and anything before that he has a belief that it is my job!! You know what i hate the most is that i seem to do all the cooking and cleaning and gav winges when all he has to do is the bloody clothes washing - anyone just turned this into my vent - sorry

Abs- you can come and teach gav for me anytime you want!

Theresa- great stats!!!!

well Jacci vent away! Im about to!
    But speaking of washing, dh still had his bag not unpacked from being away (got home sunday night) sprawled out over the bedroom i said yesterday fix ur stuff up, he told me he was waiting for me to do it! so i said he'd be waiting for a looonnnng time he is a big boy and can unpack his own bag & besides i didnt know what was clean and what was dirty.
    anyway he said to me its all clean he put the dirty stuff in the basket. ok so today i do 2 loads of washing, he gets home, decides its time to clean up his mess and comes down with a big pile of dirty washing!!! u can imagine what i said!
    To top that off he needed his clothes to wear to kickboxing so went to the clothes line, got off what he wanted and left the rest of the dry stuff on there.......BLOODY MEN!!

abs Guest

thx girls, tell the boys they are welcome to visit here... We can chill out in the spa over a few beers in the backyard after a feast from the bbq, before relaxing in the home cinema - that's between lessons of course

And yeah, whilst your still bbfeeding, I guess that's all he can do Sushee. Could you express some into a bottle and get him to feed C from that ?? Jen always had a reasonable supply problem, so Jordy was never really fully just bbfed.

I guess one other point was that I work from home, so no having to be out the door by a certain time, nor not home til a certain time either. I also see what Jen has to do each and every day, so lend a hand when I can if I can manage it Plus her having to keep her own business running each and every day too means I need to assist with that - she makes more than I do from her business, so tis in our best interest to keep that going

hehe, nickers, re washing... Jen has been doing that. Pre Jen, back in my single days, all my washing was never sorted... it just all went in the washing machine together. After a few of me doing that to the girlie stuff and some mishaps there, she takes care of what goes into the machine. When I notice it, I'll move it from the washing machine to the dryer and into the basket to take back upstairs

Though I give up on where to put her various bits of clothes too - I always seem to stuff that up to, so will happily attempt to sort hers, put mine away - though usually she does most of the loads while playing with Jordy on the bed (plenty of room for clothes and baby on a King Size)
    Last edited by abs; November 29th, 2006 at 08:16 PM.

Hi all

I am posting my SS tomorrow... I just keep forgetting to take it with me when I go out I promise I will remember lol

Well Abbey has two more teeth :eek: They just popped up tonight, its her two bottom middle ones, they are so cute

Went swimming today and she got her certificate for doing the course..its her first award, I'm so proud lol

Your such a god boy abs lol wish my DP did that stuff, but he does do all the nappy changes when he is home. I also have him trained (well almost) to put his dirty stuff in the basket, if its not in there it doesn't get washed. But Nickers I really hate when they only get there own stuff off the line, most annoying thing. and I don't trust DP to do the washing, he has no idea, I always have to redo it when he does.

Theresa... great stats for G. and how cute them sleeping in the bed together, sounds like the both slept better like that.

Sushee... Have a great holiday! I am so jealous.

Well thats about it from me, going to the CHN tomorrow so will have stats then.

Thank you to Alexas SS... it arrived yesterday & I didnt even open it...but boy did Alexa have fun playing with the box!!!!!!

BBL

Hey all well I think I told you my little boy was sick the other day well he was nice enough to share the bug areound DH has had it and then I got it yesterday quite serverly I haven't been so sick in all my life I am so glad it was only 24hrs as omg my tummy hurts from all of the throwing up! I think we are all better now DJ still has the sniffles but is much better and has stopped being sick!

W/B Widdly

I am off to the clinic today to get my lil man weighed and measure I aslo have noticed lately his belly button leaks a bit of blood every now and then so I best be asking about that as well!

I shall come back on later with my measurements I can't believe that Declan is 8mths old today!

abs Guest

ooooh, let us know about his belly button Becky - that sounds weird :eek:

So how many teeth is that now Amanda - you say "two more". We are STILL waiting on Jordy's to come through. There is one sitting there under the surface for a few days now. The Bonjella is now getting a bit of a work out - Jen & I need to keep track of who applied it last and when (says no less than 3hrs between application)

And we had a weird sleep last night - he woke at 2... Nappy change by me, though took a few times for him to actually wake, rather than make a sound loud enough to wake us both, and then go back to sleep. Up again (Jen this time) for a feed at 5ish

Jen heard him at 6.30, thinking I'd wake soon... I woke about 20 mins later... didn't really sound like he was awake. Got up at 7, nup not awake.... He finally woke properly at 7.45

They left for final Daycare trial a bit after 9am... Jen said she basically just sat him down and (crying on the inside) walked away. The girl who I mentioned from Tuesday was giving him a cuddle when she finally looked back as she was leaving. And at the right time, he went to sleep with barely a whimper
    Last edited by abs; November 30th, 2006 at 09:21 AM.

Morning!

Good to hear Jordy sounds like he's settling a bit at day care abs. I got my first 'Had a very happy day' in Josiah's daycare diary yesterday, so am feeling better about sending him. It's horrible sending him when I know he was crying a lot of the time - but I didn't have a choice coz dad's away And yes, I agree with the other ladies, you are super-dad and could give our men a lesson or three! Mark is pretty good mind, he has both of them every 2nd day from 3.30-almost 6pm (when I'm @ work), and he's not so freaked out when I get home now. He was used to Janae, but little mans crying got to him a bit.

Teeth - Josiah now has 5 teeth! 3 at the bottom & 2 at the top. Bonjella has definately been getting a work out, and it's getting harder to apply coz he bites down and grinds when you put your finger in there.

Becky - hope your little family is feeling better - there's nothing worse than all being sick, coz then there's no one to look after you!

Nickers - hope Nixon is feeling better today, sleepless nights suck. Totally sympathise with you there.

SS - will get mine posted today - SORRY

Hope everyone is having a lovely day.

Bel

Hi everyone,

I have been MIA for ages as I am really busy at work but I also put my back out and couldn't move for 4 days, my Aunty had to move in to look after Tyron!!

I haven't had a chance to read all the posts, ubt on sleeping, Tyron wakes at 7, I give him a bottle and he goes straight back until 9:30!!

Teeth, we have 1 through and 3 nearly there!

SS, I have sent and also received mine!

Okau better get some work done, be back later to write more!

Great to hear all the babies are going well.

Nixon had a better night last night. i got up a couple of times but just to turn him back around and he went back to sleep.
    Thought i'd get down the shops early and get some things (wrote myself a list of what i needed) got the first thing, then my neighbour rang to say the boxer was out.....grrrrr
    so i left came straight home, she had put him back in but he just kept jumping back over the gate. You have to understand this gate is 2m high!! and i was out the front talking to her about it when i got home & he did it again.... reason he is doing it because we had the lattice stuff up over it but had to remove it when they did the concreting on Monday, well dh hadnt put it back up yet so he took the opportunity to get out!
    Mind you the neighbour said he was just running up and down the vacant land next to our house like an idiot not going anywhere, but the husky was going nuts cause she could no longer dig her way out (cause of the concrete!)
    so now im at home for the rest of the day Dh will fix tonight.
    I dressed nix up in xmas stuff & took some pics & i was gonna go print them to do chrissy cards over the w/e, now that will have to be done another time.

5 teeth Bel wow!
    I hope Declan is ok, let us know about his belly button, hope its nothing serious. Hope u & DH are better too.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast