Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #13

Abs - I have just baby proofed my house - again!!! - it was baby proof but then i changed the lounge around the other way and now it needs some more work done to it.

Amy - have a great holiday!!!

CHARLIE IS CUTTING HIS FIRST TOOTH!!!!! YEAH !!!! - i seen it today - now i finally know what everyone is talking about!! - don't know how lon it will actually take to come thru though.

sorry just wanted to get email notification!

Yeah I know Theresa, Holly's fevers have subsided already, as of this morning, has stayed under 37.5 without panadol. The rash has spread more which the GP said would happen. She didn't have any febrile convulsions so i'm happy.
    Added santa pics to www. Oh & just bought a FP car seat for $150 at Target (was $300).

Wow ur organised Theresa, I haven't wrapped any of mine yet, got the last pressie last wk, have to pick up my xmas layby Tue. Wow ur poor girls really copped it with the gastro bug didn't they, hope they're fully recovered b4 xmas.

Thnx Amy, yep I sure am. Have fun on ur hol & a very happy xmas, although u prob won't get this in time. Yes I agree, all our bubs will prob prefer the paper.

Have fun xmas shoppin Abs.

Yay on the 1st tooth Jacci, hope it doesn't cause Charlie too much trouble. Oh & if u want to subscribe to a thread, u just need to click on the 'thread tools' near the top & 'subscribe to this thread' for email notifications.

yay on the first tooth Jacci!
    just wanted to say thanks to SS for Nixon's present we opened them thismorning, he got 2 really cool books, we went through the alphabet one already and he got a night time one too which is one u can touch the diffent textures.

anyway off to syd this arvo will try getting on b4 xmas but of not Happy 1st xmas to all the bubs how exciting!
    Nixon's 8months today also!!

had nixons check up yesterday stats were
    length 70cm (up 3.5cm in 2months)
    weight 8.6kg (up 1.4kg in 2 months)
    hc 43.8cm (up 1.8cm in 2 months)

sorry to cut short i again missed the new thread (seem to miss it every time)

abs Guest

hi girls, hope you had a good weekend

yay on the tooth Charlie - and have fun up here Nickers... bewdiful day here today. We had a picnic with some friends. I took along the swing cover with me and gave it to Jen during our pressie swapping. She was stoked, so picked it up from the neighbours when we got home

Bwwwaaaaaahhhhhh.... no ruddy screws or instructions on how it goes together. WTF !!

I bought it like 6 weeks ago, so could be interesting tomorrow (and can't find the receipt) - i've turned the box and everything inside out, nothing !! And I paid cash, so no transaction record either - aaarrrrggghhh

Wow - where is everyon? Not a single post all day? That can't be right....

Did you find the bits for the swing abs? Hope you were able to get it sorted.

great stats for Nixon too Nic - mmm, they're supposed to have an 8month check with the CHN aren't they? better get Josiah sorted then - he's 8 months on chrissy day. Hope you have a great trip.

Jacci - how'd you go having Gavin away? Hope he's back safe and sound. And YAY on Charlie's first tooth.

Shell - excellent bargain on the car seat. Hope the m/s isn't too bad. Mark is spinning out that one of my BB buddies is pregnant already - he's talking about getting the snip!! I've told him he has to wait until Josiah is 3 before I'll even consider letting him tho. So now he wants me to ask about getting the implant contraceptive - 2 surprise babies on the pill is enough to scare him!

Well, Josiah is crawling everywhere. He's still pretty slow, but has just figured out he can follow people around the house. He made it from our bedroom out into the kitchen this morning before getting tired and crying, but he had some speed on him this afternoon when I got home - must of got lots of practice in at daycare.

Well, I'm off to spend some time with Janae before she goes to bed. I'm sure I'll log in a few times before christmas day - but just in case - hope everyone has a wonderful week & an excellent chrissy.

Hugs to you all

Bel

Hey all busy day here cleaning my little monkey is crawling like he has been doing it all his life now it just looks so damn cute! No teeth or even almost teeth don't know where they are hiding but they are still giving him problems he is forever chewing on anything he can get his little mits on!

Well.... Alexa juse had her plunket check up...

She now weighs 15lb 8oz or 7.02kg... & is apx 66cm high...

She also said her first word (well that we heard!!!!) on Sunday & she can now say mumumum!!!!!

i am so proud of my wee girl... she is just doing so well!!!!!!

Hope everybody has a wonderful first xmas as parents!!!!!

XXX

Michelle, Jeff & Alexa

abs Guest

hi Bel - they are ordering another set in - should be picking em up later today

Jordy has indeed bypassed the crawling stage and all he wants to do now is stand. He can stand up with holding onto our hands - a little wobbly, and now tries to pull himself up on the side of the cot to grab the mobile. Not quite there yet on that though

But he is getting up on his knees, he was doing the rocking back and forth this morning whilst playing on our bed and trying to reach one of the cats who was on our bed as well

Jen's just gone to check out another daycare centre - tis much closer, opens end of January, some of the other kids in the parents group are going to be going there, and is cheaper too

Not much happening here otherwise. The boy has been asleep for nearly a double40mins, so is either gonna wake in a few minutes or do another 40. He was up pretty early and woke a few times during the night...

For those not around much for the rest of the week etc, have a fab xmas and an excellent new years

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hi alll!

I'm back from holidays and have soooo much reading to catch up on where everyone's at.

Our holiday was eventful to say the least. We spent the first week seeing all the tourist sites and the first half of the second week in hospital. Charlie developed acute bronchitis and gastroenteritis and was admiited on Sunday the 9th of Dec until Tues the 11th of Dec to Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore. He was administered with anitbiotics and glucose via IV and was nebulised every 3 hours, and was then treated as an outpatient for another 2 days after discharge.

But he's sooo much better now, we're back safe and sound in Australia, and have about $3k less in our savings thanks to medical bills, but are still so happy everything turned out well.

And he cut 5 teeth while we were away! He has four top front teeth and two bottom ones now!
    Last edited by sushee; December 19th, 2006 at 04:56 PM.

Hi everyone!!!!

Sush - hope little Charlie is going good now. Wow on all those teeth!!

Charlie got weighed and messuered yesterday
    Weight - 11.5 kilos - hasn't put any on in the last month
    Length - 80cm - eeehhh - he is above the average 12 month old!!!

Abs- charlie did the pulling himself up thing before he actually started to rock and roll

Crawling - he has taking 4 or 5 crawls now - i'm sure he will be off and going very soon!!!

Bel - thats great that josiah is crawling - i can't wait till charlie can

Mitch - great stats!!!!!!!! she is going great - congrats on the mumumumum its a great feeling.

well i won't be on too much over the next few days - just once a day - my sil and BIL are down from darwin.

abs Guest

hmm, no parts yet. I am definitely going to the shop tomorrow, and Jen came back from the childcare place practically grinning from ear to ear - she was soooo happy with the place

Now, Sush - yikes. I take it you didn't have any travel insurance :eek:
    But good news on the teeth and that he is feeling better too

Jac, wow on the length ! Might see if we can pop into the ECHC tomorrow and weigh Jordy - has been 2.5months since he was last measured

WTG on Josiah crawling Bel, & Declan too Bec & Charlie too Jacci.

Mitch, Yay for Alexa saying mumum as her first word (instead of dada or buba, hehe). Holly's still only 66.5cm, she only grew 0.5cm in 1mth, maybe she'll have a growth spurth this mth, but she weighed 7.9kg in nappy/singlet, so has some lil fat rolls, hehe.

Ooh Abs, if Jordy's rockin, then crawling's not far off.

OMG Sush, what an eventful holiday to say the least, hope Charlie's fully recovered now & wow 5 teeth.

Holly started pulling herself up onto things yesterday, she started pulling herself up onto knees on the wkend, but now onto feet. Just as well DH lowered the cot Sun arvo (after she pulled herself up onto knees at the xmas tree). Just picked up Holly's xmas layby, so can wrap all her presies now.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Morning all,

Shell congrats on the excellent news that #2 is on the way! Like I said in PGALTTC, I'm so jealous! Having said that, I'm almost 100% certain that we won't be trying for anymore anytime soon. Yes, we go back and forth about our last emby, but have now decided it's going to have to wait for a while. And how clever is Miss Holly to pull herself up like that. OMG you know she'll be walking in no time!

As for Charlie, we're having a few sleep issues since being back home, and I guess that's too be expected. We jumped everytime he cried while we were away, so he's used to that sort of attention now! <sigh> And abs, DH thought I'd bought travel insurance and I thought he'd done it. We've never ever travelled without it before, so were caught short when we both realised that neither one had taken care of it (he booked the tickets this time, where I usually do) Its typical, that the one time you forget to take insurance out...

Theresa, sounds like your girls are coming along well. You are doing a fab job, you know that, don't you?

Abs, yay on Jen being happy with the childcare place. DH wants me to look into that mid year so C can get used to it before I go back to work in 2008, but we'll have to see how it goes.

Am also hoping to see the MCHN next week. C was weighed while in hospital and came in at 8.3kgs, but wouldn't mind getting some stats for his 8month mark.

As for crawling, Yay on Josiah, Declan and Charlie P getting up and running while I was gone! My Charlie's rocking and bellly flopping, which gets him where he wants to go, but not proper crawling as yet. His sitting up is much steadier though!

going to read up some more!

wow Jacci 80cm he is so tall! Nixon is 70cm and i thought he was long. my neice who is 2yrs old i think is only 86cm!
    Abs- did u get to weighing Jordy etc?

well im at my sisters at the moment looking after the twins! hehe not really but got Nixon and his cousin (also 8months) here while mum has taken her older sister out into town. id love to take these 2 out in a double pram and pretend i had b/g twins hehe!Meeting up with some friends tonight and some more on Friday.

sushee- oh poor Charlie, that must have been horrible having him in hospital over seas. im glad he is better now, how scarey though.

Theresa- glad the girls are also getting better gastro is aweful its picked up so easily just keeps doing the rounds.

Nickers - Nixon is quite a good length - my SIL has a 10 month old and he is 74cm. So i'd say nixon is right on track. Charlie is just big in every way!!! Hope your having a nice holiday

Abs - hope you get the screws soons - heheheh that sounds rude!!! - glad jen liked the new childcare centre.

Theresa - see someone else agrees that you must be super mum to handle everything that is going on!

Charlie did the biggest poo today and it leaked out his nappy when he just had a singlet on he was playing in it! it was horrible - had to get gav to help me!!

Sleep - charlie went to bed at 7.30 last night - woke up at 7am this morning - played for a while - in his poo!!! - then went back to bed from 8.30 - 10.30am - was great - gav and i got to go back to bed till 10.30 was the longest sleep in we've had in about 8 months and 6 days!!!!!!

Charlie is crawling!!! YEAH YEAH YEWAH YEAH

were is everyone!!!! HELLO - Anyone out there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theresa - i just printed them out so i could read your de-briefs

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast