Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #13

Default Babies Born April 2006 #13

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in April 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected] There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Last edited by BellyBelly; December 27th, 2006 at 06:07 AM.

Your old thread can be found here

Love

OH Oh am I first!

I LOVE well Declan LOVES peek a boo blocks he already has the hippo which came with blocks and I had bought some construction worker ones the ones he is getting for chrissy are sports ones and my parents have bought him the mega cube which comes with interactive blocks i.e. you put the cat one one top and it meows really cool! they also bought him a rash suit and come clothes not too sure exactly what mil got I know there was a ride on winnie the pooh thing and some other musical thing and clothes but she informs us that there is more OMG where am I going to put it all!

abs Guest

becky, the lady I'm getting these 2 sets from has a competition with her hubby - they reckon they've built a pile 31 high (well he has) before it toppled

Jordy currently has 14 I think, plus the 26 alphabet pack, plus another 15? from ebay to come. Wonder how high a pile I can build

What are these peekaboo block things... they sound like fun!!!!!
    I havent seen any of them over here!!!!!

they are a fisher price toy mitch just go to ebay and type in peek a boo blocks and there are a few on there to give you the idea but basically they are little blocks with things inside ranging from foods to animals to alphabet etc they are just the perfect size for little hands too declan can pick his up in one hand!

Charlie xmas Present

Fisher Price Buck and Spin Zebra
    Fold out little couch
    3 x catapiller dump trucks ( same as becky's)
    a little 3 wheel ride on bike - you know the little plastic ones.
    Fischer price tree house
    outdoor swing set - grandparents
    One of those big ride in 12v jeeps - other grandparents.

Abs - i'll have to let gavin know how many so he can try and beat you!!!

Morning to everyone!!!!

I am at work again today - then i am off to buy xmas presents for everyone this arvo!

Talk later

Jac

abs Guest

mitch, try "peek block" rather than "peek a boo" - product is "peek a blocks", I just leave the "a" out in the search... might wanna try the australia eBay site to be sure

but they are blocks about 3cm in each direction with all sorts of different things inside. Some are solid, others have like a ball inside that you can rotate, you can get sets that are little puzzles, sports related, travel, animals, circus, fish, blah blah

we've given up using that little noses thing. Jordy's nose is still sooooo blocked up that he cant sleep horizontal very well. He rolls from his back to his front coz of the blockage, then cries continually coz he hates being on his front

from about 10pm to 4am Jen & I did shifts of "sleeping"/spending an hour with him on our chest whilst sitting in the chair in his room last night - we are both shattered today

I'd better find some time to do more xmas shopping. Only got Jen the one item so far - the three seater "love swing" for the back yard. The cover for it has been wrapped up and will get that maybe this weekend whilst having a bbq/picnic with friends on Sunday - the swing itself is over the road. But need things to give her on xmas day etc... Body Shop stuff always works well, plus gotta get a few "silly" little toys too - and maybe some jewelry. Saw an ad for a diamond bracelet earlier today... sounds something she might like

Wow Bel, thats a huge multiple of milestones, & crawling on demand to boot, hehehe.

Happy 8mths Charlie.

Oh Amy, poor bubbs, hope Declan gets sorted quick smart.

PMSL Nickers, sorry but it does sound kinda funny though. Holly was at my Dads last Fri (went to work xmas party) & she lent forward which makes her nappy gape open a tad at the back & did an explosive nappy that went up her back, hehe.
    They're what I call 'teething poos' whenever Holly is teething they go like that, then back to soft nuggets.

Bec, I love the B&W one too.

Holly's pressies from Santa:
    - FP Baby Grand Piano
    - 6 peek a blocks
    - carnival train (3 tier, car, ferriswheel, cannon, with lil people)
    - bath toys
    - FP puppy xylophone (2nd hand)
    - 5 books (2nd hand)
    (already using the FP swing & clothes - 2nd hand)
    - sis: peekablocks/shapesorter
    - mum: plastic dinky or carebear (she asked me for ideas 2 nights ago)
    - mil: dress,push along thing with bits inside that move when pushed (converts)

Well DH & I blurted out our surprise to rels already, hehe (DH did first).

abs Guest

quick update, we are now vaporiser equipped

Ok I am naughty... I just brought Alexa a set of the alphabet peek blocks of the australian ebay.... oops... hope they arent gonna sting me too much after I change over to nz $!!!!!!

They are sooooooo cute....

Couldnt find any in NZ though!!!!!

abs Guest

d'oh Mitch... I saw some Alphabet ones on there a little while ago and hope they dont overcharge you for shipping... the BuyItNow prices were a decent price above what I bought em for from ToysRUs - maybe I shouldn't be telling you that

Jacci, just tried with the 14 we have... no problem stacking them

I saw those alphabet peek a blocks at either RJ Woods (toy warehouse) &/or Toys R Us & I nearly bought them, but I really wanted the baby grand piano instead so held off. Maybe for her b'day.

WOW so much news

I have been away since monday in melbourne visiting with my family and I have missed so much.

Congratulations Shell!! Thats fantastic news, and so quickly too.

And congrats to everyone else on all the milestones that have been reached.

Abbey started saying mummummum while we were away and won't stop now.. its so cute, Chris has been trying to teach her to say dad but no luck so far.

We have our tree up now so I have to get on to wrapping everything. I have all but finished my shopping YAY!

Abbey is getting the baby leap pad system with a few books, some disney books, some clothes, a talking teddy and some other stuff. I might have to check out these peek a block things and ghet her some of them too lol

I had to laugh at all the explosive poos. On Sunday before we left, I was doing some odd jobs around the house and Abbey was in her playpen playing happily with all her toys and Chris was at work. I just happened to walk past and notice something brown and her sheepskin and realised it was poo. She had it everywhere and was having a ball playing in it. It was all over her, and her toys and the playpen :eek: . I didn't know what to do first. I ended up having to get in the shower with her to get it all off her then strap her in her highchair while I spent a couple of hours cleaning it all up yuk. Chris got home just as I finished and couldn't stop laughing.

Well thats all for now, I have to get ready for work. I will be back later

PMSL Amanda. Yay on saying mumumum too, still waiting for Holly to.

Something to note...

Holly had a checkup as had her at JHH GP Access Sat night as she was making this wheezing sound when she got excited/coughed/cried, only when she breathed in. They said she had an Upper Respiratory Tract Infection (2 middle ear infections & a throat infection) hence the wheezing when throat aggravated, but fine as long as she doesn't do it in a resting state, as it's bacterial, was prescribed amoxil/penicillin & told to see GP today just to follow up & to note that it would most likely get worse before it gets better.

Today, had her follow up at GP & GP commented on how happy she is. GP checked her ears & throat, only 1 ear is still a tad pink inside, she mentioned she feels quite hot & I told her this is the 3rd bout of fevers started this morning, she had one 2wks ago when her cold started (which was actually the URTI & I didn't know) then again Sat b4 I took her to the hospital & again this morning at 11am, which I thought was just related to her ears or her teeth as she's had temps before. Was 37.1 up to 37.8 within minutes & gave her panadol, back to normal, then at GP's the panadol was wearing off & was 37.1 as I left home & when at GP's, she said she has a raging fever of 39.8 (38mins later), she double checked it again to make sure as she said she's the happiest sick baby she's seen, hehe. GP said she has Roseola now, which is viral & therefore antibiotics dont work on it, symptoms are a persisting high fever & a rash towards the end, which started this morning on her tummy, but looks just like a heat rash & as she sleeps on her belly that's always where her heat rashes are when she gets them, so again didn't think anything of it. They're only contagious BEFORE the symptoms start, so she's not contagious now. Just have to keep the panadol up & maybe even use Nurofen in between. The only thing is that there's more of a risk of febrile convulsions due to the fever so if she gets one, straight to hospital, otherwise if not better by Mon to go back to GP. Type it in google.

P.S. My Quantitive Beta HCG blood test on Tue was 52 (or 56) = 4wks1day, & today (Fri) was 333 = 4wks4days, it generally doubles every 2-3 days in a normal singleton pregnancy. It quadrupled in 2 days last time with Holly, but was still only a singleton pregnancy.

abs Guest

that's awesome news Shell - and what a cracker Amanda

For those of you who have had explosive poo's, I dont think we've had any (yet)

And one happy sleeping boy atm with that vaporiser thing working now

I've just finished doing another 2 maglocks - 3 more to do, damn their fiddly and the screws that come with it are pathetic - twice now I've torn the head of the screw off whilst getting it into the wood :evil:

mum21 Guest

Hi guys just a quick fly by post before I pack the car to leave.

Shell - Congrats on those numbers sweetie, bet you are still walking around with that I just found out I'm pregnant grin.

Declan's SS - Thank you so much for his little outfit, it is really cute. (Will post a pick as soon as I can).

I'm not sure if I'll be able to jump on while I'm in Bundy so if I don't I just want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas. To all of those who are travelling, be safe and look after yourselves. And to everyone enjoy this first Christmas with all your bubs, I have a feeling they will all like the wrapping paper best.

Anyways must run. I have to pick DH up from the station shortly.

abs Guest

Woohoo to you too Amy - congrats !!

Got the other 3 maglocks fitted this morning - we have visitors with 2 under 3 between xmas and new year, so rapid rush to babyproof the rest of the house properly

I still have heaps of xmas shopping to do... hoping to go to one of the shopping centres one day next week. Might take Jordy with me letting Jen get some work done - she is very much behind in some aspects

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast