Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #16

wow! not far til all the birthdays start happening!! how exciting and scarey!!

Mitch - i only just realsied that Alexa was born 7 weeks early and is nearly 1 already! is everything okay with you both after such an early entrance to the world? She's absolutely adorable BTW.

Elissa... Than you i think she is a cutie too...but I am a bit biased LOL... We were really lucky & Alexa is jsut little, no ongoing health probs or anything... I had a bleed & part of my placenta stopped working and as a result ALexa had stopped growing so out she came... We were in NICU for 65 days & got home a week before her due date.. but on the plus side I made some wonderful friends in Nicu... (I lived in the hospital the whole time as i live out of town, not fun living in a ward for that long I tell ya LOL)

jelliebean Guest

Smile

Hi There everyone

I know it's been a long time since i've come on here. Basically i was chatting to abs on msn and he encouraged me to drop by. Guess I've just been too busy to keep up with all the comings and goings.

Anyway Luke is 1 next month....so hard to believe...He has 2 big front teeth and 4 on the bottom. He is also crawling and walking around while holding onto things. He is really enjoying playing with his brother and sister right now. He plays cars with Jake and enjoys lots of cuddles from Leah (who carts him around).

I am sooooo in love with him. Almost tempted to go again but, after my last experience I'm sure my body wouldn't handle it.

I still have my prolapse but, i wear a pessary which holds it all in place. I could have surgery but, i dont want to just yet. Mainly because DP will be going away for work for 3 months. Also we don't have anyone to look after the kids up here while i'm laid up in hospital. So i'll just plod along.

I have had the implanon implant in my arm since June, so far so good. It lasts for 3 years and gives me complete peace of mind. Anyway that's enough from me for now. I'll try to check in now and then.

Kellie
    Last edited by jelliebean; February 1st, 2007 at 12:42 PM.

abs Guest

Yay Jellie - glad you were able to pop in, and hope you pop in more soon

Our parents group is in the midst of organising a combined 1st birthday for all - April 22 (youngest was born May 11, oldest mid March)... so that'll be good

Photo's for Naming Day/Wedding... Jen has been in contact with the lady who did the B&W pics from a little while ago. Since we are a returning customer there's a 20% discount and will probably end up doing a contra with Jen anyway.

All digital images once again, and the CD will take about 2 weeks to organise due to her busy schedule around then. So probably just after Easter we should have them... I'll let you know once they are ready

well i am trying to pack the caravan as we are going away for gav's mountain bike race - should be quite nice in Apoolo Bay - Charlie and I are going to duck over to Torquay to do some shopping!!!

Jellie - great to hear from you!!

Mitch - OMG 11 months!!!!! WOWO!!!!!

Happy 11 months Alexa! wow birthday party next month!
    Have a great Trip Jacci, im sure u will get lovely weather down there

abs Guest

Have fun Jac

Well I was gonna upload some new pics, but can't seem to update the main page - can't connect to the hosting area... but the pics are housed elsewhere so you can see the four new pics here - 2 shots of Jen & Jordy in windy 40deg heat under a tree in Dungog, then 2 of Jordy and ducks at the Hunter Valley Zoo

That boy is gonna need a haircut soon :eek:

the second one of Jordy and Jen is a great pic, sooo cute!

not much to report here, Nixon is still asleep wih his bum up in the air!
    he is slithering backwards now, i wouldnt call it commando crawling just yet but every time he pushes himself up he slides back, and has been ending up stuck under the coffee table/lounge etc!

abs Guest

lucky you Nickers... Jordy has been awake/asleep/awake/asleep etc from 5am... But then on our bed this morning he was happily crawling down the end towards the cats

Dunno if he will do it on the carpet etc, we'll see. Its a first ! And his assisted walking is going in leaps and bounds

Sleep... what is that... Alexa was awake from 10.30 - 3am.. I am totally knackered... nothing would settle her.. but she has a top tooth through now & a second on the way so that probably explains it...

Bring of the coffee LOL...

Wont be on much for the next couple of days as Jeff & i are away for a dirty weekend LOL....

Wow Mitch & Jelliebean, ur bubba's will be 1 b4 u know it, closely followed by all the rest of the bubs.

Oh no Mitch, hope u all get some well deserved sleep shortly. Have fun on ur dirty wkend, PMSL.

Jellie, I hope u get that all sorted, surgery, child minding etc & have a fast recovery.

Ooh have fun Jacci.

Hehe Nickers, that's how Holly started, looks like a caterpillar motion huh, backwards first, then eventually forwards.

Yeah, happy month b'days to all (now & upcoming).

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

mitch, yay on a dirty weekend! DH and I got married on the 3rd of Jan but we celebrate our first date anniversary, which is the 16th of Feb. I wanted to book a hotel room, but have found out he's bought tickets to an outdoor cinema so we can bring Charlie along. Hope you have a great time, matey!

shell, when are you getting a pg av?

nickers, sounds like nixon will be off and running in no time. C is do a half commando/half normal crawl still but he's super fast and I can't take my eyes off him for a minute.

abs, love the photos. Jordy's hair is soooo blond!

jellie, hope the next 3 months flies for you so that you can get everything sorted.

Hi everyone else!

abs Guest

have fun over the weekend Mitch

Oopsie Sush, bugger - oh well. We had our 3.5yr 1st date anniversary last Sat night

okay 10month stats:

W : 10.4kg - a little above the 50%ile
    L : 71cm - a little below the 50%ile
    HC : umm, forgotten - but above the 50%ile

(from memory)

all in all, the ECHN was very happy with his progress

abs Guest

UH OOOHHHHHHH

On another forum I visit, one of the guys asked what to do with an unwanted ring - his partner said no when he proposed and had already bought the ring.

Anyway, I made a little mention that I was gonna be doing the asking, looking to surprise the attendee's at Jordy's naming day with us getting married. That plan is now in motion

But today I see one of the people in her industry that she is sortta friends with, certainly friends of friends of Jen. Bob just read my post from a while back and said "secret's out"

AARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hi Everyone!

Sorry I have been MIA, been busy with house stuff, and packing

Congratulations Abs!! Good Luck to you and Jen and Jordy! Hope it all goes off without a hitch and you have a great day. Hope that the secret isn't out and Bob keeps quiet.

Mitch...have a good dirty weekend away, sounds like it would be fun, and hopefully you get some sleep soon (but not while your away lol)

WB Jellie...good to hear from you. The kids sound gorgeous together!

Jacci...yikes on charlie escaping,but how clever of him not to hurt himself.

1st Birthdays... can't believe how quick they are coming up...it will be here before we know it. Whats everyone doing? We are having a combined bday and christening (which now will also be to celebrate our engagement and new house lol) I brought the Womenes Weekly kids cake cookbook the other day so trying to decide what kind of cake to make. Also, what sort of pressies? We are thinking of getting a swing set with a baby seat part.

Sorry thats all I can remember I'll blame baby brain lol

Abbey had a MCHN checkup today, she weighs 7.6kg so has put on about 500g which is good. She also grew 2cms. She keeps standing without hanging onto anything and has pretty good balance and hardly ever falls.

We spent the long weekend in Dubbo, with my parents which was good. Except Abbey tried to stand in the bath (forthe first time) and slipped and chipped her tooth She hardly cried and there was no blood or anything but still felt bad about it. Mum was bathing her and feels so bad. Thing is I can't bath her anymore cause she wont sit down, so have to put her in the shower with chris.

Other then that we are all good.

Hi to everyoneI missed hope you are all good, abbey has taken off into the kitchen so have to go find her.

Thnx Sush, I'll have to find the thread of where to post for a new av. A preggy belly & a crawler (or bub holdin onto legs)

abs Guest

Quote Originally Posted by abs View Post
    okay 10month stats:

W : 10.4kg - a little above the 50%ile
    L : 71cm - a little below the 50%ile
    HC : umm, forgotten - but above the 50%ile
    HC = 47.5cm

Yikes Amanda on the tooth

Turns out Jen has told her best friend in Melbourne, who reckoned it would be a good idea to tell her parents before the day - purely to stop things like "heart attack due to the surprise" etc. So we're off to see them tomorrow - plus its been 2 or 3 weeks since we've seen them anyway

Jen seems not fussed at all re wedding/engagement ring - happy for it to have no stones at all - would rather the money be spent on holiday or going towards Jordy's schooling etc... Will see about that

And I'd forgotten about it, but apparently there is a family wedding ring that mum still has. Me being the eldest son means it goes to Jen... mum got it from gran when she and dad got married (he was the only son)

Mitch - im so glad everything is okay! Living on the ward must have driven you insane! When Archie had his Op at 3 weeks i stayed on the ward for 3 nights and it really drove me round the bend listening to all the other bubs screaming all night. Hope that tooth hurries up and comes through so poor Alexa can sleep again.

Kellie - hi! Did your proplapse happen with Luke or before? Hope you can get the op soon, glad the implanon is working well and giving u piece of mind.

Amanda - Archie constantl;y stands up in the bath and slips over, he is so quick! he never gets scared when he falls face first into the water, so he keeps doing it..Hope Abbey is okay.

Apparently Archie crawled a couple of steps last night! DH saw him, he hasn't done it since though.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast