Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #16

Default Babies Born April 2006 #16

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in April 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Catch up with your old thread HERE

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Last edited by Astrolady; January 31st, 2007 at 01:32 PM.

yeah i am first!

Hey Jacci,

sent in my weight check thismorning.
    I was wondering where u had gotten to!
    Nixon had some photo's take yesterday for the agency, it will take 4-5weeks to get everything up an running, anyway we'll c how he goes i am not expecting big things like the next huggie baby or anything! if he doesnt get much or not enjoying it we wont persure it the following year.
    nixon just woke from a nice 1.5hr sleep, gave me some time to clean etc, he is trying a sanga with cream cheese on it for the first time, seems to be liking it!

nickers - I never thought of cream chees! - i might try that tomorrow - charlie is probably getting sick ofvegemite snadwiches. I didn't loose any this week - i was naughty! went out for tea 3 times and drank!

abs Guest

but then did you gain any Jac - if that is a no, then you've done well !!

Was wondering where you were too

Umm, was going to say something about Jordy but its completely slipped my mind - ah well, maybe later

Oh yeah, cream cheese... Jen mixes the philadelphia CC (can get little packs of it) in with his food, like baked beans or spaghetti etc - loves it (the day after the BB though, she paid the price of feeding it to him)

Hi everyone,

I have missed most of the last thread so must go back and read!!

Jacci - I am like you I was the same when I weighed this morning!!

Tyron loves cream cheese on rice cakes, he thinks they are great, also gnocci is a firm favourite!!!

Abs - great to hear that the minister is able to do what you want him too, I bet you can't wait for it to happen now!!

Well hi to everyone else, I will go and read what has been going on!!

abs Guest

hope it doesnt end up convulsions Theresa - our thoughts will be with you and G

Ta Lisa, not long now :eek:

when will it be happening abs??? I missed the date?

Theresa - hope G is ok!

Didn't put any weight on so i am happy with that.

lisa - i had never even thought of rice cakes! good idea, i think archie is definately getting sick of vegemite sangas.

oh poor Georgie, hope she is ok Theresa.

I baught the **** smiths cram cheese spread, it was his first try today and looks like it was a hit, i thought he might start getting sick of vegemite too (although i could never get sick of it myself)

Gnocci there's another idea! i love gnocci myself, Lisa what do u do with it just give it to him plain as is or do u mush it up or mix it in a sauce?

Nixon is doing the biggest fluffs atm i better check his pants i think!!

Nickers - I steam the gnocci with pumpkin and brocelli and then mix in some cheese.

Tyron also loves Chicken risotto, I try and vary his meals as I would get bored eating the same thing everyday, so I figured he would too!!! Another idea is I make him spinach and ricotta pasta (also has egg in it, so not good for babies that have a family allergy history!!). I love trying new food with him and seeing the facial reactions, they are priceless... and caught on film!

abs Guest

Jac, no date of when yet... IF I can get online over the weekend, I might organise some flowers to come to our room 1st thing (if possible) and start from there

Maybe put something on the card like:

W _ L _ Y _ U _ A _ R _ M _ O _ J _ R _ Y _ S _ A _ I _ G _ A _ ?

Fill in the blanks with : " ddeilmmnnnooryy' "

(will you marry me on jordy's naming day ?)

She hates puzzles - she knows I have a text from someone, but has been told not to read it - that she will find out what it was about on the weekend

Well something like that - of course, it hasn't happened yet. I will either post a message or SMS Theresa once that part has been organised so a time sussed for when they should reach her - and another with the answer, as like yeah right I'll have time to post on here what she replies... SMS is easier

Anyways have a great weekend everyone with whatever you get up to

Oh no Elissa, hopefully there's not a yukky mess to clean up IYKWIM, hehe.

Awesome Abs, we'll await the post with suspence

Theresa, that would be good, some time to yourself, which is always nice, no matter how much we love our littlies
    Oh poor Georgie, hope she's feelin better soon.

Jacci, knowing u it would kill u, hehehe, just kiddin. PMSL on what ur dad said.

He everyone else, hope ur all havin a lovely long wkend.

Hey everyone,

Just a quick happy Australia day to one and all! Hope you're all celebrating in style

Luv Sooz & Amber Lily

Hello Lovelies!

I can't believe I missed almost an entire thread! I will have to get more organised so I can pop on at work...

How exciting for abs! Can't wait to hear...I'll be checking BB constantly over the weekend now!

Glad to hear Georgie is better today Theresa.

Happy to hear that everyone else's bubs are doing well. Josiah is doing great - except he has one of his back teeth coming through so our nights have been a bit horrible. He's loving day care though, so that's a bonus.

He's figured out that he can walk along the furniture now, so he pulls himself up on everything. He stood on his own (no support) for about 10 seconds the other day - he was so proud of himself he started clapping and fell over

Janae starts kindy this week :frown: not overly nervous yet, but a little sad that my baby girl is growing up so fast.

Oh, I was folding the laundry this morning & Josiah crawled over and climbed into the washing basket! It was pretty full, so it didnt' tip over & he just sat on top of all the washing and started throwing it all out of the basket - it was very cute and I was a bit surprised that he actually climbed up onto something.

Anyway, better go and get the kiddies out of the bath. Josiah has figured out how to get out of his bath seat - don't ask me how, cause it has a T-bar so he can't slide out the bottom, and comes about half way up his torso...my little monkey!

Hope everyone is having a lovely Australia Day. We're heading down to the beach when it gets a bit cooler & maybe catching the fireworks away from the crowds...

Bel

bel - josiah is absolutely beautiful! sounds like hes getting pretty clever too!

Theresa - glad Georfie is feeling better today. can't wait to hear about abs.

Archie had a grest day at the park today, but was glad to get home to his quiet house tonight. hope u all had a great aussie day!

Oh how cute & clever Bel. What a cutie too.

That's much better news with Georgie, Theresa.

Been havin the wierd preggy dreams huh. & last night, u were in it Sush, hehe, I think i was at ur house & u had 3 dogs inside & charlie & holly were playing. Strange how we dream such wierd stuff huh, hehe. Also been havin birthing thoughts, esp after reading Tiff's VBAC & twin births.
    Found #2's hbeat (cord swoosh swoosh hbeat sound & actual hbeat sound towards the end) this morning with our AngelSounds monitor (10w5d), DH heard it too.
    Sucks being confined to the house, however going to MIL's tonight for tea, DH's sis & BIL will be there.

Hey did u girls know that ur babiesonline websites still come up in a search (eg: all babies born in 2006) if it doesn't have a password or is set to private. I had no idea, yikes. But if i set it to private then no-one would be able to see it probably, hmmm. I make sure I never put my surname in things.

Thanks girls. Though right now I'm feeling like the worst mum in the world. I put Josiah down to change his nappy this morning & he fell off his change table! He's ok, but he's got an incredible bump on his head - Mark's been calling him Forrest Lump hehe. If he hadn't been hurt it would have been funny because he actually did a couple of somersalults on the way down. But he cried for ages and I was really worried, but he's back to his cheery self now. It was hard too, because it was right at his sleep time & I had to keep him awake to make sure he didn't have a concussion - now he's overtired and doesn't want to sleep!

Shell - I'm not preggers & I'm having the weird dreams! I've been dreaming so much the last few nights that I've been waking in the morning absolutely drained. I found the birthing thoughts with #2 aren't so scary, but then in a way are worse coz you know what's coming. Your thoughts would be a bit different though I guess coz of the whole VBAC option etc. How exciting that you can hear the h'beat already!

Better go, Josiah's crying for more food - gotta love those vegemite sandwiches.

Bel

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast