Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #17

abs Guest

Amanda, check my sig - March 25th less than 3 weeks now And good luck with all you have onboard over the coming weeks

Theresa, same here, they are such strong girls to be going through all this. And glad to see they can still give you plenty of absolute joyous and wonderful times.

Re the seat... the australian laws are some of the slackest about when it comes to baby car seats etc. We were gonna turn Jordy's around til I found an article in the paper some time back (which I posted in a thread down in the General Forum ages back) - there's been a few more articles since then. Basically we'll keep Jordy rear facing as long as physically possible. He'd be the best part of 11kg now (or maybe more) but zero intention of turning him yet

Also the use of proper booster etc seats and seat belts/harnesses. The story I read on the weekend was how 2 girls in the back seat, 3 and 7. Both using the same setup. The younger received fatal tummy injuries due to the seatbelt setup being to "old" for her. Her sister was uninjured

This is one area I will never ever be lax on. Dont care if it means spending another $100 blah blah "just in case". I hope it ends up being the biggest waste of money but if it is needed, then what a sigh of relief we'd all breathe

I think that they suggest having them rear facint till they are 12 months... but i turned alexa around 6 months cause she was pulling herself forwards anyway & i guessed she was strong enough to support her own head LOL...

charlie has been turned around since 6 months - my car seat said 8 kilos - there was no age stipulation on it! charlie was getting really grumpy facing the back - so we turned him - I believe its personal choice - but remember my child weighed 11.5 kilos at 7 months! so he was ready.

Hi everyone, long time no post for me. Just thought i'd pop in to let you all know that we are pg again! Due about mid-october. DH and I figured we wanted to get the baby thing over with quickly so we;re having no 2. quickly so that we can get rid of the nappies off the clothes line sooner than later!!!!! We've got our 1st doc's visit tomorrow, I just can't get out how different it is the 2nd time around... guess you get so busy with no1. that the fact that i'm pg isn't so dominant in my thoughts at the moment!
    Caden is gorgeous and we really can't imagine life without him though we can still remember what life was like before him
    I'm hoping to start back at work soon for a while just to have a break from home until I'm here again, probably for a lot longer too!!!
    I've had a quick read/scan and have seen wedding plans.... congratulations ABs and Jen (and Jordan)! and a 1st birthday for Alexa, congrats Mitch- that's fantastic! and that everyone still here seems to be travelling well. Hope you are all good and I'll try to pop in a little more often now that life has currently settled down and Caden is in a pretty reliable rountine (for this week atleast!)
    bye,

Joy, congratulations again and glad to see you back in here. im looking forward to sharing our journey together!

we turned Nixon's seat around at about 8months from memory.

Last week i went into my work to inform them i wont be returning to the melb office. anyway boss from sydney rang today to offer me a job back in the syd office 2 days a week. Its great because it is doing stuff that i have done in the past in Sydney (Marketing, web stuff) and they are really flexible with days. he pretty much said i can come in whatever 2 days i want and doesnt have to be the same from week to week. i did not tell him i am pg just yet i may wait a few more weeks for that news! So i will only end up being there about 4months but will be good interaction for me, good for Nixon to get to know his Nanny's (mum will take him 1 day and MIL 1 day) and some extra $$ before number 2 comes along!

Hey everyone,

Just popping in for a quick catch up and hello!

So I've missed heaps I notice!
    Sush - hope Charlie is better now - poor little tacker.
    Mitch - Happy First Birthday to Alexa, cant believe she's there already!
    Joy - Congratulations on pg #2 - do keep us informed!
    Abs - We turned Amber at about 7 months.
    Jellie - Hope everything is going better for you now, thinking of you.
    Theresa - Good luck with Em's speech appointment.
    Nickers - Good news on the Sydney job!

To anyone and everyone else I've missed - hope you are all doing well and the bubba's are treating you well!!

Amber's going along great - into everything!

abs Guest

Congrats Joy ! and congrats on the job front Nickers... any idea on when you'll be moving back ?

Good to hear things are going great with Amber Sooz.

Jordy has a cold again - Jen's been taking him into the new day care for 10 mins or so. They only opened last week (finally) so she is letting the staff get used to working there and the other bubs getting used to be there. He has been happily playing there for a short time so far

Hey all well we have a walker now Declan is walking without be encouraged to do it he walks about 3 or 4 metres at a time before falling on his behind. He can now lower himself gently into a crouch it is so cute! Wont be long and crawling will be a thing of the past!

WTG Declan, thats great Bec! Maybe he can pass the crawling over to Nixon! he is getting faster at commando im wondering if he will actually crawl.

Abs- looking at returning to sydney the first week in May, so 2 months to go!
    Theresa- OMG poor Georgie, she is allergic to lots of things. so what sort of milk can she have? to put a positive spin on it atleast you'r used to all the routine of what NOT to have in the house. How is Em anyway? How long will she need the feeding tube in for? what sort of stuff can u put in the tube is it a special medicated something or certain foods juiced up? sorry to sound so niave.

Hi everybody thought i would pop in and ssay hi and let you know where we are up to Ryan Has been walking for a little over a week and now thinks he can run every where much to my dissapointment of him staying a bubba for awhile longer but oh so very cute now that he follows me and he is sleeping through now cause he just plain buggers himself so one happy mummy here check back in on you all soon

and sorry for lack of personals but wooohooo Jen and Abs & jordan congratulations

Hi everyone - just thought I'd pop in so you didn't think I'd fallen off the planet!!

Everything is humming along nicely here - Josiah is getting some more teeth so is a tad grumpy in the night times, but nothing we can't handle. He's taking a few steps at a time, but then decides crawling is faster, so the most we've got out of him is about 6 steps at once. I'm getting settled into work - FINALLY & have started a Financial Planning course, so settling into study as well. At least the study is external, so I can do it after the kids have gone to bed & in my lunch breaks at work. Still haven't heard about the job I went for in the office. They've been so caught up with renegotiating the teachers EBA's that they haven't had time to decide who gets the job! But, either way I've still got a job, so no rush.

Glad to hear everyone is cruising along - Theresa, sorry to hear about the dramas you're having with your beautiful girls and their eating. Do you think that any of the allergies/sensitivities are things they'll grow out of? As you said, at least you have a bit of a handle on it already coz you've had to go through it with Em.

Hello to everyone else - sorry I can't do more personals - I'm off to bed

Speak soon

Bel

abs Guest

Yay Declan and Ryan, and to a lesser extent Josiah

Theresa, oh dear. Soo sorry to hear that. Has there been any sort of study into what causes this ? Is it genetics or environmental or... The whole allergy thing just confuses the hell outta me re why

No news means no bad news Bel

No real news here, Jordy is still snotted up so having trouble eating anything more than yoghurt/puree stuff - things he can immediately swallow... and wanting to run all the time (with one of us holding both his hands)

Time for a new thread!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678