Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #17

Default Babies Born April 2006 #17

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in April 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Catch up with your old thread HERE

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Hi everyone,

Nickers - CONGRATS I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy, 1 more down the pregnancy path, I wonder who will be next?

Sooz - do you take Abby to gymbaroo or anything like that, I go to a music class in Kingsley with Tyron on a wednesday, he loves it, maybe you might want to bring Abby along for a look too??

Well I can't remember what else was written in the last thread, so I hope you are all well. I wont be on over the enxt few weeks as we have friends arriving from England tomorrow and we are going away for 2 weeks, so I hope you all stay well and that the babies continue to the gorgeous little things that they are!!!

Lisa - have a ball with your friends. Hope tyron is a good boy for you.

Sooz - I know lisa mentioned the gymbaroo thing but seeing as she is going away i'll ask you about it. What exactly is it????

Mitch - hehehehe maybe we'll stick with the no NICU stays. Would you have problems again with your next pregnancy???

EEEEHHHH - one of my friends little boys is 10 days older than charlie and he started walking yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!! please don't let charlie walk for ages!!!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

OMG congrats nickers! WooOOooHooOOoo. I can't believe our our members are going on to their next pgs already! It feels like only yesterday we all had newborns!

Lisa, enjoy the visit with your friends!

Abs, the rings are gorgeous! Well done Jen on the bargaining. I must go shopping with her one day!

I have to go back to the other thread to read up on where everyone else is, but wanted to just say YAY Charlie is now crawling properly. He figured out last night that he can go a LOT faster if he wasn't on his stomache, so he now is all flying hands and legs when he picks up speed. If he doesn't have far to go, the lazy bum will still commando crawl though!

And he's now cruising the furniture, inside his cot, pulling himself up on my pants' leg, so I imagine walking is a few months off at most. Then lord help us! Lol!

abs Guest

have fun Lisa !!

Jac, given his size, I am surprised he hasn't started already. Is he doing anything up on his feet yet ? Our little munchkin is almost running sometimes if we are holding his hands - well thats what it feels like. But he only crawls if he reeeeaaaalllly wants to (and thats not very often)... guess it'll happen more as time goes by

Sushee, Jen was only meant to be going to the supermarket to get a few things, not looking at the jewellers... well it is visible from the top of the travellator (escallator that is flat vs steps) coming up from the carpark. But she is good on the "getting a good price" stuff. God help any store people if she and the wife of a friend of mine ever went shopping together, between Jen & Nat, they'd have no hope

And I still need to return to get her something for valentines day - a gold bracelet I'm thinking, maybe with a stone of some sort in it - just gotta nic her one so I know I've the size okay

Jacci - What is GymbaROO?

"Well to be honest, when you strip it all down, when you take away the fun children are having, when you take away the development benefits for the children - GymbaROO is really about parent/carer education."(Margaret Sasse: Founder of GymbaROO)

There is a direct relationship between activities and the stimulation children receive when they are babies and very young children and their ability to do well at school. This is supported and borne out by extensive research. It has been shown that children's neuro physiological development is vital for their ability to read and learn, and GymbaROO provides a fun filled platform for parents and carers to gain greater knowledge of what this entails in order to maximise their childs development.

"Children are developing 24 x 7" not just for 45 minutes a week at GymbaROO, so what we really try to do is provide parents/carers with activities that can be done at home for the rest of the week. It is not just about providing activities, but also the "how and why" those activities help the brain develop. We have a different handout every week for every different development group. All teachers must be tertiary qualified (vs. gym or swimming instructors) before even being accepted for GymbaROO training - they need to learn and understand all about neuro physiological development and then be able to communicate this to you little by little - as you need it. We also explore important issues such as, balance, posture and motor development, as well as their importance to overall development.

Gymbaroo’s equipment is specifically designed by GymbaROO (where designs have evolved over 23 years of experience), and built to Gymbaroo’s specifications, to maximize the neuro-physiological developmental benefits of 0-5 year olds in the Gymbaroo environment.

Having said all this, we understand that it does not matter how good it is for the children, we know you will not come back if little Johnny/Emily does not demand to come back - so layered over the top of the parental information backbone is a weekly theme with games and fun for children. Each week an object from the theme is discussed and activities performed to customised music.

Tyron has been going since he was 5 months old and loves it!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hi guys,

I am kicking myself coz I read in the last Mother & Baby mag that they are looking for their 2007 coverstar. So clever me decided to take a smiling photo of Charlie to send in. I figured, what have I got to lose? So I took this photo today (same one as in my ticker now) and then printed it out. I then completed the entry form and then thought I'd better read the conditions. Well(!) it says that your baby has to be between 6 months and 15 months as of the 31st of July 2007!

That means any baby born before the 1st of May 2006 won't qualify. Then I wondered about last years' comp and realise that none of us had even had our babies when they ran it last year! I am so peeved, I had to grumble about it here with all the other April mum whose beautiful bubs won't qualify coz they miss out by a few days (15 days in Charlie's case!)

abs Guest

you could always, ahem, cough, splutter, oh I didn't read that part sushee !

Yep 6-15 months doesn't cover a full year, so Feb/March/April babies would never qualify

WTG Nickers, see there was no reason to worry how DH was going to feel. Doesn't matter that they're faint.

Jacci, ouch, hope poor Charlie's lip is ok.

WTG on the rings Abs & Jen, yes it is crazy how much markup there is on jewellery. My bro's gfriend works at prouds & gets about 70% disc. It has even been shown on TodayTonight that jewellery stores are prone to charging far more than the item is valued at (at an independant valuer).

DH & I bought me a polished timber jewellery box for my 30th, no sale on & I got a 12% disc, they said no few times but got it in the end, hehe.

Have fun Lisa.

Hehe, yep know what u mean Sush, we'll surely know it when our bubbies start walking. Yay on Charlie crawling.
    Hmm Sush, that certainly isn't fair on bubs born earlier, lovely pic though.

Well I've printed Holly's scrapbooking/DIY photo card b'day invitations, will give some out at mums group tomorrow. Also bought all the party supplies on Sun.

Went to GP (mine was busy) the other day & mentioned scan is on Fri (9am, 13w4d) & was wondering if they'd be able to tell sex, she thinks at that stage they should be able to esp with techn & better scanning eqmt these days, so fingers crossed we get to find out then.

WOW - so much news! Can't stay long, but CONGRATS to you Nic! oh, and whoever asked who's next....NOT ME!!! I think I'd cry if I was preggers now...these 2 are being a bit of a handful, what with the full time work etc...

Jacci - hope Charlie's lip gets better real quick. That was always the one thing I was paranoid about with my kids coz I saw my brother do it and it was NASTY....well, Janae did it just before christmas and I was a mess! Mark had to deal with it coz I was freaking out. Anything else I can handle but that....

Good luck with your scan Shell - hope you can tell what flavour bubs is.

abs - the rings look lovely, even through the blur!

Anyway, a big HI to everyone else. Sorry I haven't been around much lately, I am reading posts, just not getting much time to reply.

oh, almost forgot....JOSIAH TOOK HIS FIRST STEP ON HIS OWN! He's been cruising along furniture for a while but last Tuesday, he was at dad's while I was at work & dad called to tell me. I was so excited. He's only taken a couple since, only one at a time, but to be honest i'm sort of grateful he's not off and running yet - won't be long now though.

Anyway, I'm off to bed, another early start tomorrow.

Big hugs to everyone

Bel

abs Guest

ooooh, good luck with the scan Shell. And yeah, tis all about their positioning at the time of the scan. How exciting

Bel - wow on Josiah and yikes too... not long at all !

Jacci.. there is no reason for me having the bleed... i think it was jsut one of those things... I may go full term next time, but I could also have another placental tear... they dont really know.... but this time I will at least get more scans LOL

Sush...Woohoo for Charlie crawling properly... way to go wee man...

Shell.. I hope they can tell what flavour bubs is at your scan....

Bel... Yay for Josiah taking steps on his own.... now you are gonna be on the run LOL...

Hi to everyone else..... BBL

Morning all

CONGRATS NIC how exciting!

Bel wow on josiah take a step Declan has now got game enough to let go of the furniture and stand for about 3 secs before falling in a heap! So I don't think he will be far away either and I can't wait!

Birthday - I have made Declan's birthday party invites I am pretty happy with them, I have put my order in for his birthday cake (to my dad hahahaha) and I have decided what we are buying him which is a ride on electric four wheel drive with parent remote they are on ebay and going four around $200 inc delivery we were going to buy a trike with a parent handle the ones with the seat belt but I have decided that will be his christmas present!

becky - charlie got one of those remote comtrol jeaps for xmas- he loves it!

Abs - charlie is always on his feet - he walks around the furniture at a million miles an hour so now that he knows he doesn't have to hold on while standing i think i'll be in for trouble

Charlie is 10 months today.

abs Guest

Happy 10 months Charlie - and anyone else of late... the tickers all seem to be a day out

Hmm Beck, I think I'll stay clear of those rideon things - though Jac, do you have any pics of Charlie on it handy ?

Yay on Josiah's 1st step Bel.

We have a Dora or Barbie or whatever it is electric rideon, got it at clearanced prices ($30 or $60), suitable for 3yrs & up, still packed in box at moment

Just about to put my 1st belly pic up & a pic of Holly's invitations

Shell Holly's invitations are so similar to Declan's great minds think alike!
    have you found that you belly is sticking out more this time around I remember with holly it took awhile for you from memory..not that you are sticking out all that much mine sticks out more than that and I am not even pregnant!

Abs my cousins daughter has one and she just loves it she is 6mths older than declan she got it for christmas and declan just thinks its wonderful1

I knew when i didnt get any emails that there must ahve been a new thread i was missing out on! i dont know what that always happens to me, it like i dot get the last notification to say this thread is finishing?? hmm oh well found you!

Thanks everyone, im feeling ok, getting a few waves of nausea nothing too strong yet but already different to Nixon where i had no m/s.
    Shell- how exciting that u might be able to find out bubs sex already! im keeping that in mind when i get to that stage to get the scan at the latest stage for more of a chance!

Happy Valentines day everyone! dh is about to make me breakky, im going to do a nice romantic dinner tonight!
    better get back in bed so i can have brekky in bed!
    Bugger sushee about the cmpetition..

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast