Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #20

nickers - forgot to ask - how is life living back in sydney???

Jacci- i havent noticed Nix eating more when he has had growth spurts until now. my mum didnt see him for about 5 days and yesterday said he looked taller and plumper! he must be growing again. Sydney is good, its good to be home where the heart is, but i really miss our house. we are living with MIL at the moment and its driving me batty. many reasons why but we cant wait to get out of there. still trying to sell our house in melb, when we do we will prob rent until we find a house or build again.

Hey all Declan and I are still sick he has a chest infection and is antibiotics now he had been sleeping better only waking once but last night he woke at 12 and took til 4:30 to go back to sleep OMG and when your feeling sick as well it just makes it worse!!!

Can't believe how many Preggy's are in this group again I wish I was apart of that group and no nickers there will be no BFP's around here for awhile I have to convinve DH that we need to have 2 kids, he is on this tangent that 1 is enough but I don't want an only lonely!

Hi all!

big bubbas - I think my little man would probably be creeping up to the 14kg mark - haven't weighed him for quite a while, but he's about the same weight as Janae, and she's 16kg. That's another story in itself, she's been 16kg since she was 2! She's never been fat, but she was chubby back then - now she's quite tall and REALLY skinny. I've been trying to get her to eat more, but what a battle. I think we've turned a corner now though - I was desperate and didn't know how else to get her to eat so one day when I had a friend over we deliberately had a conversation within earshot of Janae about how she doesn't understand if she doesn't eat she'll get sick and she might have to go to the doctors etc. Since then she's been eating wonderfully!! now she just has to put on some weight...

hope everyone that's sick is getting better quickly. Becky - glad Declan has started sleeping a bit better for you.

ooh, gotta go, lots to do at work today - which reminds me, I got a promotion! I'm so excited - now we just have to fill my current position so I can start my new job.

I'll check in later today

Bel

ETA - 2 weeks and 2 days until Sydney - without the kids! SO EXCITED!!

hi guys talking about weight jess is about 12 kilos that was about two weeks ago shes probably lost some though since shes been sick.she is so heavy to carry around and i dont have the best back has anyone had back problems from pregnancy jess was a huge baby and my posture has had it.

congratualtions on the promotion Bel!!
    my 2.5yr old neice is fussy with eating now, not looking forward to Nixon going through that stage if he does. hopefully they do grow out of it.

Hi all!

my whoopsie is gone now! (4got bout the ticker rule) oh well, lose that point in a few days!

Sarah is really progressing with walking! she's starting 2 walk everywhere now n has learned that bending her knees keeps her steady. weight last known was 10.5kg but don't know whether she's gotten heavier or my back has gotten worse.

We moved Grandma's ashes to their final resting place this morning so can visit her ashes on her birthday if i'm not in hossy. (would not mind being in hossy, i'm due the day b4 her birthday).

Invited a friend 2 playgroup the other day n her son is in the same age group as the rest of them so our playgroup is going from 8 to 9! I mite not b the youngest mum there anymore (can't remember how old she is)! he had the time of his life coz he doesn't usually spend much time with other toddlers.

Good to hear the painting is not a complete disaster with a toddler round the house Jacci don't think I'd b that bold.

GTG dinner is ready, will catch up more later.

Hi everybody long time since i've ventured in here thought i would pop in and see what you have all been up to huge congrats to all the mummies to be and wow Shell 30 weeks i'll pop back and catch up properly when i have more time
    ryan has been having a pretty crappy time of it lately he was put on ventolin 3 days ago ( they think he may be asthmatic (sp) ) and we have all had colds on top so really not a happy household but hopefully things will start to get better soon .... ok have a great weekend everyone

Hey all Declan in 11.2kgs and 79.3cms long he is on the mend as am I but took a turn for the worst yesterday when I thought I was going into labour omg seriously felt like when I was having the painful contractions with Declan turned out to be my period over a week early bit weird! I haven't made it to 28days my usual cycle in the last 4mths I reckon they just keep getting shorter and shorter not enjoying this one little bid. atleast the pain has gone I couldn't even walk or get out of a chair yesterday afternoon when it happened!

Congrats on the promotion Bel YEY! I wish I could just get a job the sooner I get one the sooner I can have another bub!

Oh Yeah I have 4 birth announcements hahaha can't believe it
    Firstly my cousin Linda had a little girl Eliza, Joanne from my mums group had a little boy patrick, Cindy from my antenatal classes had a little girl Natalie and an old friend of mine allison had a boy noah! all within a few days

Still to come is
    July
    my cousin annamiek -is having a boy
    my sil Rhiannon - is having a boy
    my cousin Kelly - is having a girl
    August
    My sil Tanya - is having a boy
    September
    my cousin Katie - is having a girl
    November
    my cousin Kristy - not sure what the sex is

I think that is everyone omg it is baby crazy at the moment!!!

Hi all,
    it is really nice to be able to read what everyone is doing. I'm not really good these days at keeping track of it all but enough to say that it's great to see how everyone's toddlers are going. Caden is about 10kg and has been there for a while now. He eats a bit but has slowed down recently, right about the same time he has started to cut those big molars. He has two through and two coming through, big ouch. He has been a bit difficuly to get to bed in the last few days, in fact tonight is the first night he has gone down withou screaming in the last four. Nice change, hope things are on the improve as we have hardly ever had a problem with him sleeping at night.
    Nickers - we had our scan and everything is great, we didn't find out the sex as we prefer to wait. We feel it is nice to have the surprise at the end. We got the sonographer to write the sex down and put it in an envelope for us to open after the baby arrives. Kinda silly fun but we like it.
    So all that said I'm off to crash for a while and rest before bed.

thats a cool idea Joy! glad the scan went well also.

I weighed Nixon today at 14months and he was 11.2kg. At 12months his length was 79cm and he has def grown taller since so prob 81-82cm in length.

Pretty certain Nixon haS "hand and foot in mouth" atm.
    i had my suspicion it was that but rang nurses on call tonight and he has most of the symptoms
    fever
    pink spots over hands/ feet/ genitals/ legs but not on torso
    some spots are more like blisters but not pusey
    slight cough
    turned off his food somewhat
    he does not yet have any ulcers in his mouth but may still get them.

apparently its contagious and we think my 2 neices also have it (the elder one may have had it first and gave it to Nixon and Alyssa) they are contagious for 3-6days and not much u can give them other then panadol for the temp and bonjela for a sore mouth.
    He seems pretty well in himself though most of the time. and once they get it they cannot get it again. Apparently 95% of us have had it at one time during out lives, we may have had it so midley and not even known it. I think the name of it sounds a lot worse then what it actually is.

babies
    a family friend had a baby girl in April Holly
    friend from playgroup had a baby girl in April Georgia
    friend from playgroup had a baby boy in April Marc
    a family friend had a baby boy in May Oliver
    Friend had a baby in June Cooper
    SIL had a baby boy last Tuesday Cooper

Sept
    friend from playgroup due

Oct
    Im due
    + 4 other friends all due within 3 weeks of me

hand foot and mouth - sound bad nickers!

There has been 15 cases of chicken pox at the child care centre charlie goes too - hope he doesn't get it!!!

nickers - I'm pretty sure Josiah had hand, foot and mouth 2 weeks ago. He only had blisters on his bum for a while and then I noticed them on his palms. I couldn't find them in his mouth but we did go through a heck of a lot of bonjela and he did go off his food and definately wasn't himself. I just kept him home until the blisters were gone, which was about 3 days. Luckily it was over the long weekend, so it was pretty easy to keep him home. I didn't take him to the doc coz there's nothing they can do anyway, but the blisters on the hands were the tell-tale sign for me. It's funny how things can be going around all at the same time, but on different sides of the country!!

Babies
    mmmm, friend of mine had a baby just before mothers day Lacey
    another friend had a baby last thurs Logan
    That's about it for me I think...DEFINATELY none on the horizon for us atm!

nothing interesting happening at this end, except 12 sleeps until we go to Sydney!

Check in later

Bel

Bel... congrats on the promotion & woohoo on the Holiday..

Shazz... Good to see you drop in chicky... Hope Ryan is a bit better & that if he is asthmatic that is can be kept under control...

Babies.... noone we know is waiting to pop... Still working on Jeff for TTC #2..... get another car no problem.. but a baby that is a different story LOL...

Alexa took 9 steps on her own.. not long & she will be everywhere hehehe..

BBL sneaking on at work...

ETA.. Woohoo my funky new av has been uploaded hehehe... wish I had those boobs in real life LMAO !!!

wow look at your boobs Mitch! sexy hehe

yeah not much they can do for hand foot and mouth, he's pretty miserable cause he also has a cold to go with it. the blisters are mostly on his hands but dont think they have been itchy for him thank god

oooh mitch, look at your sexy self!! Don't know that I'd want the boobs necessarily, but the waist would be great!! Mind you my boobs are looking a bit worse for wear these days...2 kids will do that to you!

Time for a new thread everyone

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678