Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #20

Default Babies Born April 2006 #20

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in April 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Catch up with your old thread HERE

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

1st Yay.

Well Milk wise - Declan is on full cream cows milk for most of the day still 1-2 bf a day.

Teeth - My boy is still gummy, not a single tooth in his mouth still, doesn't seem to worry him though he still manages to scoff most of his food lol.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I was wrong when I mentioned Charlie's teeth. He has 6 incisors on the top (assuming one set are his canines) and 6 on the bottom, and 8 molars altogether, so 20 teeth all up.

And no, Charlie isn't walking yet either, Lisa! Lol! As for his asthma, I'm seeing my GP on Tuesday for follow up care and to discuss the an asthma management plan, so we'll see how it goes.

hey all

teeth Declan has 3 at the top (did have 4 until he knocked it out) and 2 on the bottom he is obviously teething at the moment all the indicators but not too sure where they are comming through

Declan and 1 other bub is the only ones walking in our mums group one of them has only just started crawling so no Lisa I wouldn't be worried some bubs don't walk till they are like 18mths

hi my little girl was born on 23 april 2006 her name is jesabell

Hi Jesabell and WElcome

Charlie only has 8 teeth - 4 top and 4 bottom.

Lisa
    - Apparently Talking is the hardest thing for a baby to learn so it is good that he is talking that much - a lady from netball her litlle boy just started walking at 18 months! Don't stress.

Sush - hope you get the asthma sorted it - must be very scary!

Abs - Hope the nappy rash gets better - poor little thing - I can tell when charlie is getting teeth coz he gets really bad nappy rash. Charlie is sleeping from about 7.45pm to 8am - Did you say that Jen is going to sell her business??

yes i agree when jess gets a tooth through her little bum is so red it looks so sore

Hi all,

Teeth - From memory (it's only been 6 months since I left the dental surgery but I'm trying to block it out ) they get 20 teeth now and 4 when they are 2. The rest don't come through until they get their adult teeth. Josiah has 16, but I think his canine's are going to be coming through really soon.

Milk - I think I'll ease Josiah onto cow's milk instead of going 'cold turkey' and see how he goes. Thanks for the suggestion!

Welcome to our little group Jessabell.

Walking/Talking - I wouldn't worry about bubs not walking/talking yet. They reckon that they either walk or talk early - it's a rare one that does both early. Sounds like that's the pattern that's happening in our group too....

Anyway, back to work. I'm trying to avoid doing a job that really needs to be done, but can't put it off much longer. Speak soon

Bel

hi jesabell and welcome!

Nixon is not walking yet and i dont suspect he will be for another few months. He has started letting go while standing but only from pulling himself on something first.

He has 10 teeth now 5 top and 5 bottom. The last 2 have come up over the past 2 weeks

i was just wondering if everyone or anyone has put their chil on cows milk yet

Charlie has been on cows milk since he turned one - he has a bottle at night and then in the morning when he gets up - thats all he has.

KelliC Guest

Hello Everyone,

Olivia still only has 2 teeth at the top but I can see her top 2 trying to make their way through, I went to the HealthCentre yesterday and they seems to think there are 6 on their way through, ouch, no wonder she has been out of sorts, I have yet to try Olivia on cows milk but the MHN said to try 6o ml cows milk and 180 formula and then gradually add more cows milk to wean her onto it, I will probably give it a go over the weekend. Olivia started walking just before her birthday although she is way too confident and still getting the hang of the balance thing.

Abs,
    Sorry about Jordy's nappy rash, it's horrible when olivia has it and the pain seems to be excuciating, can't even wipe her bottom without her crying, poor little darlings..

Hi Jesabell and welcome

Nixon,
    wow on Nixon's teeth, I hope Olivia's come through soon as they seem to be giving her so much trouble

take care,

KelliC

wow jess is still on four bottles of formula im trying to cut back on one but she rather drink than eat she is so fussy she really dosent eat that much.she likes snacks but trying something for dinner is hard she doesnt like any vegetables only corn and pumpkin.

Jes - Charlie really loves water - he won't drink any juice or anything - also luckily he will eat anything - so dropping a bottle wasn't too hard. Charlie snacks all the time - it feels like he eats constntly!!! he eats lots of meat now too - I'm sure Jesabell will start eating her vegies soon - a few of the mums in my mothers group are having the same problem with vegies - charlie did go thru a phase of this but in the end i would cook his vegies and not mash them up and he would hold onto them to eat them. in the end he liked vegies

kelli - Olivia sounds like she is doing great!

nappy rash - charlie has nappy rash that bad at the moment that the little blisters are bleeding. Any idea what i should put on it???

KelliC Guest

Jacci,
    Poor Charlie, his bottom sounds so sore, I use the Curash cream which I find work a treat, I have tried several others but none seem to work as good and I think the other one I have is callled Amoline(or something similar) I don't find it to be very effective as it's very oily and seems to sting,the worst part is applying the cream as they are crying because you know how much pain they're in..Olivia definately thriving. I'm trying to get Olivia onto meat but she wont have a bar of it..

Jesabell
    Just like Jess, Olivia also mostly has 4 botlles a day and she has gone off vegetables, I made her fresh vegies and she ate them everynight up to a week ago and now she wont touch them, spit them out and rubs them in her eye so have decided to give them a miss for a while hehehehehehe, she loves yoghurt, cheese, vegemite sandwiches, pasta and babanas.

Have a great weekend!

Hi Everyone!

Jacci ... If its bad and blistery it might be a bit of thrush as well. You can try using Daktozin on it. Abbey had really bad nappy rash when she was younger and no other cream helped but this cleared it up straight away. Hope his tush is better soon.

Food/Drinks.. Abbey is on cows milk during the day now.. we just tried her on straight milk and she loved it so didn't have to do half half bottles (not that I could express that much anyway). She has one at night before bed and sometimes one before her afternoon nap. Other than that she will have a cup of milk and a cup of water during the day. She still bfs overnight. She loves her food, and eats anything I put in front of her. With veges, she likes if they are finger size pieces too, so she can eat them herself, so that might help jesabell.

Walking/Talking... Abbey is doing a little of both but not very good at either lol She can walk and she can say some words but not on command lol

Teeth.. Abbey has 8 at the top and 4 down the bottom. It looks like more on the way too.

Thats as far back as I can remember .. Hope you are all well and have a great weekend. We are celebrating mothers day today cause we both have to work tomorrow. We are heading out to the vineyards which will be good fun!

i cut jess dinner and let her feed herself she will eat some then it goes on the floor in her hair and on her face. jess started to walk the week before her birthday now she cruises everwhere.jess had a really bad nappy rash once and i went to the chemist and asked for something what they gave me wasnt a nappy cream but it worked wonders i cant remember the name but maybe you can go and ask a chemist

MIA here too, did a really quick skim of the posts.
    Posted in the 'due late Aug' thread bit earlier today & added a milestone & some preggy pics to www (can't see swelling much in pics).
    Holly took 1 step to me Wed night, at Grandma's, DH missed it though, she was holdin onto a chair, took 1 step to me then dived at me, hehe. She's just the love of our lives, but tonight is staying at someone else's house for the night (1st time), at nana's, so miss her, but needed my rest, long story, some of it in my milestones in www. Back to hosp again at 9am, hate the ED. Lost hrs of sleep with Holly's croup, then bought (room) vapouriser & she slept without coughing (except wld woke at 2:30pm coughing but go back to sleep), now loosin more sleep with this bloody ear infec.

Hope the surgery goes well for Em Theresa.

OMG Sush, that is so not fair for lil Charlie & for u to have to watch him, feeling helpless, hope it's just a short lived asthma, DH had asthma as a child.

Welcome Jesabell.

Jacci, Holly always gets that nappy rash when she teeths, I try not to wipe too hard with the wipes, use Canestan & 'Zinc & Castor' oil cream. I'm using the Herron one now, as goes on very smooth, the Sudocream was quite thick & wouldn't stick to the blood/broken areas.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast