Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in April 2006 #6

Theresa - The freezer thing would work well up were you are!! Keep the suggestions coming!

abs Guest

Morning ladies - hope everyone is well

it's a wet one here in Sydney this morning after a fairly pleasant weekend

Jordy had his first shower yesterday... I know some of you have been doing that for a while, but just hadnt gotten around to it. He loved it!! Jen has a shot of him in my arms - so that will go up onto his website sometime today (well thats the plan)

Oh and a rough night last night... Jens back was hurting so I got up to do the 2am feed, then up again at 6 for the next one - me starting to get a bit sleepy now, though I have a few errands to run today, including going into the office to do my timesheets

hello everyone!
    sorry i have been MIA for a while, we did not have the internet for a week and a half.
    Ive just caught up on all the posts, it has been reasonably quiet in here.

welcome Mrs M! hope u enjoy BB, do u have a website or anything where we can see pics of Ella?

Nixon is well, his reflux is still up and down but generally a lot better then what it used to be. He is a little chatter box and always making noises and talking to anything and everything! Usually he just stares at our 2 crazy dogs but for the first time yesterday he started smiling and chatting to them!! it was so cute!

i give him tummy time every day but he walways leaves big spew puddles when on his tum. he is holding himself up really well but still hasn't learnt to roll. i try to help him by starting him on his side but he hasnt quiet got the idea of it yet!
    we have decided to get him christened in syd on 1st Oct so just need to organise all the invites now, we will prob go up for a week so will be good to catch up with all our friends and fam again.
    sounds like everyones boys & girls are going well, Nixon has started slobbering over everything although i dunno if its teething just yet or just loves trying to put everything in his mouth! i can see where the teeth will be through his gums but cannot feel anything yet.
    will update website with some recent pics soon. having all the mums and bubs from mothers group over today as our last session was last week!

Hi all!

It's been so quiet in here....where is everyone? It's been an incredibly full on few weeks - Mark's nanna died, we had some friends come from the UK and stay with us for 2 1/2 weeks and a close friend died after a long battle with cancer. The last one was especially tough coz she was only 23. That's why I've been MIA for a few weeks.

Good to hear everyone else is doing well. Sorry to hear about your rough night the other night abs...has Jordan been sleeping better, or is he still getting up a couple of times a night? I found I managed the sleepless nights fine with Janae, until she started sleeping through a bit regularly, then when she did have a hard night, it really knocked it out of me.

Yay on the christening nickers, and on being able to catch up with friends and family. We're getting Josiah christened too, but haven't organised a date yet coz of everything that's been going on.

How's things going with Em & Georgie Theresa? Hope you get some answers with Em soon.

Better go, my little man has been screaming the house down since I got home from work and has just drifted off to sleep so I better get something to eat while I can. I'm so certain he's teething, but it's hard to hear the ear piercing 'i'm in pain' cry so much - it breaks your heart.

I'll check in later, miss chatting to you all!

Bel

Nickers - I feel your pain. Amber spews her guts up when I give her tummy time - do you know of any solutions?

abs Guest

sorry to hear about your nana and friend Bel - makes it hard doesn't it

Jordy is sleeping better... last night was interesting. He crashed out at 3.30 for what we thought was gonna be a usual 40min sleep (usual means you could set an alarm to the 40min time period). He still hadn't woken at 5.30 - checked with various friends "what would you do" - the opinions differed, so we left him. He did his usual 2am feed, then up again at 5.45 ! And has just gone back to bed again... he is sooo a bassett-smith, we're all sleep monsters

Hmm, re spewing when tummy time. Have you tried giving tummy time before you think she'll want a feed, hoping there's less liquid in tummy ?? Or doesn't the time matter

Oh, we finally got a high chair yesterday (or was it Monday?) We have a chair that clings to the dining table, but there is a reasonable gap between his chest and the table - far too much room for stuff to fall down. The table in the highchair is adjustable, so fits a lot snugger

The one at the dining table is good for sitting there with some larger toys etc and maybe when he is bigger, but the high chair is a better idea for now...

Anyone else have thoughts on this ??

Abs- yeah i like the seat that attaches to your dining seat but havent got one yet and was thinking for when he is a bit older. we will start with the high chair.
    Spewing- well another way is to sit down and lean back on a 45 degree angle with bub on your chest which i have done but it doens really promote learning how to roll when they r on top of u!
    i try not to do it directly after a feed anymore but dont really get the op to do it b4 a feed because he is usually sleeping and when he wakes up is when he wants to eat again!
    hmmm maybe just for a few mins when he does wake up might try this......
    Bel- so sorry to hear of the passings in your fam/friends. i hope you are feeling ok, very understandable why u have not been around here for a while.
    I wont go into it but i heard some rather disturbing news about my 86yr old pop yesterday, he got himself into a pickle and has been a victim of fraud ($15K) we think he has dimensia and things have stepped up a notch, now my mum and uncle are going to see solicitors/police etc to try and get his money back (dont know if he will c it again though) so sad to c them go down this path, his wife, my nan is in a nursing home and has been for 4 yrs, it seems he is heading in the same direction whihc is just aweful to think.
    anyway off to areobics i havent been for a few weeks. i need to loose 5-6kg in 7 weeks b4 a wedding, im sick of saying it and not doing anything about it enough is enough is flabby belly must part with me!

Hope Jen's back is better Abs.

Nickers, slobbering & putting everything in the mouth is just another developmental milestone the CHN look for. It doesn't necessarily mean they're getting teeth, that's another old wives tale.
    (Nickers & Sooz) Holly used to spew when I put her down for tummy time, but not a huge amount. I just burp her 4 times during whole b/feed & keep her upright longer, but she doesn't spew very much now anyway. Also I found I'd have to change her b4 a feed coz she's spew when getting changed too. So when she got up, I'd change her & quick tummy time then feed. When she used to be grumpy when getting up, the change used to settle her down.
    Yeah I've heard that one suggested too, so does Nixon like the on ur tummy tummy time?
    Ouch, hope ur pop does get his money back.
    Hehe, yeah know what u mean, I still have another 6kg to loose & a jelly belly & would love to loose it b4 starting work again in 5wks. Worst thing is no tap again tonight, that's 3wks off coz teacher went on hols & no-one fillin in, doh.

Oh Bel, sorry to hear bout 2 departures, that's very sad.

Well Holly goes for her 1st swimming lesson on Tue, well more water awareness at this age. Our fortnightly mum's group is all going, should be fun, hope the heated pool is heated enough.

abs Guest

thx for the reminder Shell... we have a floating seat that we can put jordy in (bought it ages ago) - was thinking of our outdoor spa. What do you do nappy wise with em?? is there like plastic pants you can put on em to stop anything getting in/out ??

let us know how it goes, sounds like fun

And Jen's back is doing heaps better when she remembers to do her stretching exercises 1st thing in the morning. She notices the difference in the evening if she doesn't do em in the morning (nice gentle-NOT-reminder to her to do em)

B4 Holly was born I bought a pair of Fluffies Smimnappies from Kmart for $10. They are washable/re-usable. I also have 3 rashies that were about $4ea on sale at target, but smallest is size 0, so will be bit big but that's ok. Gfriend says she uses pack of 12 for around the $13.00 mark of swimming nappies made by huggies at coles or wwrths, disposables. Put em on just b4 get in pool.

oh, so very quiet in here....

thanks for the thoughts friends, it's very kind of you. We're doing fine now, having our friends over from the UK really helped us take our mind off things.

nickers, sorry to hear about your pop, it's so upsetting when things like that happen, and so worrying when they live on their own and you don't think they can look after themselves as well as they used to. Hope things work out with getting his money back.

not sure about the table top highchairs - I think I'd be scared that they'd fall off. I mean, I know they're secure, but I think it would always be in the back of my mind. Not that I need to worry, we've still got Janae's highchair, which will get a work out in a couple of months.

I've been wanting to take both Josiah & Janae to swimming, but I'd have to do one at a time, or ask a friend to come and take over with one of them. I've been wanting to take Janae since she was small, but it was just too hard to fit in with work, the swim schedules were all during the day. Now I'm only working 2 days, it should be a bit easier.

Had Josiah's CHN check today. Didn't measure him, I'll get the doctor to do that on Friday, but he weighs 7.9kg. The nurse was very impressed with him, and gave me some good advice with Janae's eating too, so I'm feeling pretty happy with my kids this afternoon.

Anyway, little man is crying for a nappy change and Janae is telling him to be quiet so she can watch playschool - better go....

Bel

i want to start nixon swimming within the next month or so.
    yeah with my pop i suppose it was a matteer of time really. you cant keep getting older and not be affected by age in anyway. but i just hate seeing how my nan now is and cannot imagine pop being the same. my nan has been in the home 4yrs now. no one thought shed b there this long, but she doesnt lead much of a life these days.
    anyway we r heading away tomorrow just o/n. suppose to b great weather so might take nixon to the beach for the first time! (dont think there will b any swimming though!)
    glad your appoint went well & nice of chn to help u with Janae at the same time Bel.

anyway nixon is being very sooky tonight, wont let me put him down so typing one handed and other arm getting sore. he also doesnt wanna be stationary so gotta get upo and do laps of the loungeroom!

Well i'm back at work today. Still having no luck with the sleeping part!
    I am absolutely buggered! mum is coming to stay the night at my house tonight to get up to charlie so that i can get one full night sleep! feels like months since i have slept though -well to be truthfull it was about 5 months ago!!!!

Nickers sory to hear about your pop. I feel so sorry for older people when they get taken advantage off. Also - Charlie has the reflux too and he spue'd for about the first 10 times i put him on his stomach - he has half grown out of the reflux now ( which is great - not aso many clothes and bibs I am going through!!!) He will eventually grow out of it.

HighChair - I have one of those new high chairs that turn into a table and charies for when they are a bit older - they are really cool. Charlie loves sitting in it. He has been started on solids - he was a big boy who just needed more food!

Hope everyone else is great.

Jac

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hi all,

Sorry I've been MIA. Family issues, which now looked like they've been sorted out. My DD has left home , but on amicable terms and so I'm now a two child household, just Zaki and Charlie left (my DS Shay lives with his dad, my XH)

I've got heaps of catching up to do so will bbl to post some personals.

BTW Charlie rolled over from back to front yesterday (he's rolled over from front to back previously, but couldn't replicate it) He's got the knack of the back-to-front though coz he keeps doing it over and over, and thinks it's great fun!

Well I've finally found the time to stop and catch up on what's been going on in here. Looks to me like everyone is cruising, sorry to hear about the losses you've had Bel. Lovely to read about all the healthy and thriving babies!
    I've made a promise to Caden that we will spend 2 days in a row at home this weekend. All we seem to do is go out and I think we are both getting a tad overtired for it. That said he is sleeping much better, had nothing to do with food, He is now in a sleeping bag with his arms only wrapped and his legs free. He is slowly working towards not being wrapped which I am also looking forward to.
    He had his 4 month needles yesterday and today hasn't been much fun for either of us. He's asleep at the moment which is a first for the whole day. The doctor is really pleased with him. oops he's awake, gotta, go. will try and catch up later on.
    bye

Good to hear from u again Joy & Sush. These bubba's do keep us busy huh.

Sush, WTG for Charlie. Holly's tryin her hardest to roll from back to front now, but just can't quite get there, instead she ends up doing 180 turns & ends up off her lil mat, so cute though.

Jacci, hope u can get more sleep & work isn't too bad.

Holly's checkup today (5mths) BW=5.44kg 12lb, L=61cm, HC=41.5cm (+190g, 240g, 180g for last 3wkly visits)

Hi All,
    Abs- Happy 1st fathers day! hope you had a great day, and to al the other fathers too.
    Dh had a good day with Nixon, took him to the shops to change a xbox game i gave him that was wrong! That was good i was able to do the shopping on my own which was much easier!
    Theresa- oh must be exciting seeing Georgie trying to roll! I'm still waiting for Nixon too, no real signs he is getting close. He does like tummy time on my tummy but i cannot have him on me all the time so limited! so sorry to hear news on Em is not so good. is that tube have to be in all the time or can it come in and out just for feeds?

Who was it (thinking Jacci) that got their little boy a tuxedo for his christening?
    I need to start looking for something for Nixon and have no idea where/what to look for!

HAPPY FATHERS DAY ABS!! Hope you had a fantastic day.

We had a nice day, dad came over for lunch and ended up staying the whole afternoon. It was really great to catch up with him. I don't see him so much now that Mark takes Josiah there on my work days.

nickers, it was Lisa that got the tux for Tyron.

Theresa, sorry to hear things aren't going so well with Em. hope she doesn't give too much trouble with the tube.

Josiah is doing really well, he had his shots on Friday and apart from a bit of dermatitis behind his ear, everything is going smoothly. We didn't even have any grumpiness after his needles (didn't even cry as the first one was done, and only for a few seconds with the 2nd)

His stats as of Friday are: W 8.04kg H 64.5cm HC 34cm

Anyway, it's getting late here, I'm off to bed. Speak soon

Bel

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast